Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Anderson Silva "Shogun doesn't deserve a shot"

Go down 
+11
Pinky not Clyde
bobbitt15
SOKO
Jruq
Bigs03
muayjitsu
Ziggy116
LA
Wolfgangsta
Thomasdrrn09
OU
15 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

Anderson Silva "Shogun doesn't deserve a shot" Empty
PostSubject: Anderson Silva "Shogun doesn't deserve a shot"   Anderson Silva "Shogun doesn't deserve a shot" EmptyMon Jul 27, 2009 11:04 pm

http://mmamania.com/2009/07/27/ufc-quick-quote-shogun-rua-doesnt-deserve-a-title-shot-against-lyoto-machida/
“I’m going to root for Lyoto [Machida]. I’m not saying Shogun is not prepared but how long did Lyoto have to wait to get a title shot? The truth is Shogun fought twice and how many fights Machida had to do? Its obvious something is up. I’m not here to talk bad words on nobody but life is made of chances and I said to our managers this fight shouldn’t happen. Shogun didn’t fight enough to deserve the belt. The thing is precious and if I was Lyoto I wouldn’t accept. He is a great champion and must be respected but this is my opinion. [That said], I’ve much respect for Shogun, who is a great athlete that has showed good performances lately and recovered from injuries.
Back to top Go down
Thomasdrrn09
Blue Belt
Blue Belt
Thomasdrrn09

Favorite Fighter(s) : MMA-Forrest Griffin, Nate Diaz, GSP Boxing-Cotto,

PostSubject: Re: Anderson Silva "Shogun doesn't deserve a shot"   Anderson Silva "Shogun doesn't deserve a shot" EmptyMon Jul 27, 2009 11:05 pm

Most people agree with him but everyone else was already booked.
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

Favorite Fighter(s) : Conor McGregor, Machida, Jon Jones, Ronda Rousey

PostSubject: Re: Anderson Silva "Shogun doesn't deserve a shot"   Anderson Silva "Shogun doesn't deserve a shot" EmptyMon Jul 27, 2009 11:05 pm

Anderson is correct. But no one else was open. I think a Shogun-Luiz Cane fight should have been added to 101 to determine the challenger.
Back to top Go down
http://www.listentothis.org/images/fedoriishi.gif
LA
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
LA

Favorite Fighter(s) : Lyoto Machida, BJ Penn, Anderson Silva, Jose Aldo

PostSubject: Re: Anderson Silva "Shogun doesn't deserve a shot"   Anderson Silva "Shogun doesn't deserve a shot" EmptyMon Jul 27, 2009 11:16 pm

Without even reading that, he's right, def should have been another fight for Shogun before this.
Back to top Go down
Ziggy116
Black Belt
Black Belt
Ziggy116

Favorite Fighter(s) : Rampage, Fedor, Gangster brothers, Aldo

PostSubject: Re: Anderson Silva "Shogun doesn't deserve a shot"   Anderson Silva "Shogun doesn't deserve a shot" EmptyMon Jul 27, 2009 11:19 pm

Wolfgangsta wrote:
Anderson is correct. But no one else was open. I think a Shogun-Luiz Cane fight should have been added to 101 to determine the challenger.

Completely agree & the nobody else is open comment is bullshit to me. If there is truly no one worth the shot then he shouldn't fight yet...just my opinion
Back to top Go down
https://apps.facebook.com/groupsplus/group.php?id=2139
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

Favorite Fighter(s) : Conor McGregor, Machida, Jon Jones, Ronda Rousey

PostSubject: Re: Anderson Silva "Shogun doesn't deserve a shot"   Anderson Silva "Shogun doesn't deserve a shot" EmptyMon Jul 27, 2009 11:21 pm

Well I disagree that he shouldn't fight. The champion should defend his title every four months. I hate it when a guy waits 9 months between defenses.

GSP has no one to fight yet they're drudging up some fight for him anyway and soon.
Back to top Go down
http://www.listentothis.org/images/fedoriishi.gif
Ziggy116
Black Belt
Black Belt
Ziggy116

Favorite Fighter(s) : Rampage, Fedor, Gangster brothers, Aldo

PostSubject: Re: Anderson Silva "Shogun doesn't deserve a shot"   Anderson Silva "Shogun doesn't deserve a shot" EmptyMon Jul 27, 2009 11:41 pm

Yeah after I read my post I didn't really agree with it all that much...lol I just don't think Shogun should get that shot yet.
Back to top Go down
https://apps.facebook.com/groupsplus/group.php?id=2139

PostSubject: Re: Anderson Silva "Shogun doesn't deserve a shot"   Anderson Silva "Shogun doesn't deserve a shot" EmptyMon Jul 27, 2009 11:56 pm

I agree he's not earned the shot however Lyoto needs to keep active.
Back to top Go down
muayjitsu
Purple Belt
Purple Belt
muayjitsu

Favorite Fighter(s) : Wand, Thiago Alves, BJ Penn, Cain, Vitor, Tito, SHOGUN

PostSubject: Re: Anderson Silva "Shogun doesn't deserve a shot"   Anderson Silva "Shogun doesn't deserve a shot" EmptyTue Jul 28, 2009 1:19 am

Shogun is better then not having a fight at all.
Back to top Go down
Bigs03
Black Belt
Black Belt
Bigs03

Favorite Fighter(s) : Fedor and GSP

PostSubject: Re: Anderson Silva "Shogun doesn't deserve a shot"   Anderson Silva "Shogun doesn't deserve a shot" EmptyTue Jul 28, 2009 8:48 am

Boo-fucking-hoo.

If Machida is as good as everyone thinks he is he'll walk right through Shogun. If he loses then he's not the better fighter and Shogun deserves to hold the belt.

I've always been an Anderson Silva fan but when he fights Forrest I'll be rooting against him.
Back to top Go down
Jruq
Green Belt
Green Belt
Jruq

PostSubject: Re: Anderson Silva "Shogun doesn't deserve a shot"   Anderson Silva "Shogun doesn't deserve a shot" EmptyTue Jul 28, 2009 9:42 am

Bigs03 wrote:
Boo-fucking-hoo.

If Machida is as good as everyone thinks he is he'll walk right through Shogun. If he loses then he's not the better fighter and Shogun deserves to hold the belt.

I've always been an Anderson Silva fan but when he fights Forrest I'll be rooting against him.
You were a fan of Silva until this? He was just speaking the truth and at the same time, he said that Shogun has not earned the shot (he hasn't) he praised Shogun. This was not Silva calling Shogun out really - he praised him as much as he said he didn't deserve the shot yet.

Shogun is the best option at the moment though and is one of the biggest challenges for Machida as well.

Of course, this sounds a little hippocritical as Anderson may not have earned his shot after beating Leben, but he certainly took advantage of the opportunity.
Back to top Go down
SOKO
Black Belt
Black Belt
SOKO

Favorite Fighter(s) : The Dragon, Kenflo, Hendo, Guida, Ace, Wand, Cain, Carwin, Foreman, Evander, Oscar

PostSubject: Re: Anderson Silva "Shogun doesn't deserve a shot"   Anderson Silva "Shogun doesn't deserve a shot" EmptyTue Jul 28, 2009 10:13 am

All I have to say is one fight with chris leben and then a title shot. Shut up anderson.
Back to top Go down
Bigs03
Black Belt
Black Belt
Bigs03

PostSubject: Re: Anderson Silva "Shogun doesn't deserve a shot"   Anderson Silva "Shogun doesn't deserve a shot" EmptyTue Jul 28, 2009 11:04 am

Jruq wrote:
Bigs03 wrote:
Boo-fucking-hoo.

You were a fan of Silva until this? He was just speaking the truth and at the same time, he said that Shogun has not earned the shot (he hasn't) he praised Shogun. This was not Silva calling Shogun out really - he praised him as much as he said he didn't deserve the shot yet.

Shogun is the best option at the moment though and is one of the biggest challenges for Machida as well.

Of course, this sounds a little hippocritical as Anderson may not have earned his shot after beating Leben, but he certainly took advantage of the opportunity.

No, not until this. I like Anderson but he needs to keep his mouth shut. I'm so sick of his patriotism bullshit. The only reason he opened his mouth is because Lyoto is his boy and probably because he had a falling out with Chutebox and Wandy so he wants to talk shit about Shogun now. Sure, he said he wasn't talking shit about Shogun but in reality that was about as backhanded a compliment as he could've given. "Oh you're great and all but you don't deserve to fight Lyoto for the belt...". If Anderson wanted to run his mouth about who deserved a title shot and who didn't then why doesn't he point at Lesnar? Why doesn't he demand that Okami get a shot at his own belt instead of moving up to fight at 205?

I don't know, I love watching Anderson fight but so many things have soured me toward him lately. Him talking retirement, him talking shit to Wandy, him dancing in the octagon instead of putting an asswhipping on his last two opponents, and now this... I'm just hoping Forrest beats him when normally I'm hoping he will win. I think either way it's going to be a great fight, though.
Back to top Go down
bobbitt15
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Chael Sonnen, Michael Chandler, Jorge Masvidal, Carlos Condit

PostSubject: Re: Anderson Silva "Shogun doesn't deserve a shot"   Anderson Silva "Shogun doesn't deserve a shot" EmptyTue Jul 28, 2009 11:10 am

Not sure why its of concern to him but he's probably right
Back to top Go down
Pinky not Clyde

Favorite Fighter(s) : Forrest Griffin, Kenny Florian, Lyoto Machida, Frank Mir

PostSubject: Re: Anderson Silva "Shogun doesn't deserve a shot"   Anderson Silva "Shogun doesn't deserve a shot" EmptyTue Jul 28, 2009 11:20 am

I think Anderson's point is that Machida deserved a shot way before he got one, and that in comparison Shogun is getting one out of the blue with a 2-1 record in the UFC. It was a little fishy that Machida only got to fight Evans because Rampage turned it down. Why does Rampage get another shot after losing the title.. before an undefeated Machida? However, I'm sure at this point Machida doesn't care who he fights. It's his belt to lose.
Back to top Go down
LTFG
Brown Belt
Brown Belt
LTFG

Favorite Fighter(s) : Wolfy

PostSubject: Re: Anderson Silva "Shogun doesn't deserve a shot"   Anderson Silva "Shogun doesn't deserve a shot" EmptyTue Jul 28, 2009 12:24 pm

A couple of things here... Let's remember who came to the UFC sporting the better resume and having the reputation. Prior to showing up to the UFC injured and going flat for one fight, getting injured again and going semi-flat for another and healthy and dominant in a third fight, Shogun was widely regarded as the top LHW in the world. Prior to showing up in the UFC, Machida was... Well, considered a solid prospect. I know all of this is a bit much for Anderson to think about...

Oh, and let's not forget that all of this could have been avoided if Rampage hadn't gone... In Mike Tyson's words, "scared-coward".
Back to top Go down
chorky777
Purple Belt
Purple Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Weidman, McGregor, Pettis, Cowboy

PostSubject: Re: Anderson Silva "Shogun doesn't deserve a shot"   Anderson Silva "Shogun doesn't deserve a shot" EmptyTue Jul 28, 2009 3:03 pm

I'm of the opinion that he deserves a shot based on what he's done in the past and with his last two fights. I mean, I think Fedor should get an immediate shot if he gets signed into the UFC, is that not fair because he has no wins in the UFC?
Back to top Go down
LTFG
Brown Belt
Brown Belt
LTFG

PostSubject: Re: Anderson Silva "Shogun doesn't deserve a shot"   Anderson Silva "Shogun doesn't deserve a shot" EmptyTue Jul 28, 2009 8:59 pm

Not to mention Hendo's first two fights were title fights... I realize that he had two belts from Pride, but he still hadn't fought in the UFC in ten years! Was Anderson standing on a rooftop then telling Dana to keep Hendo away from him?
Back to top Go down
Farmer1906
Gold Belt
Gold Belt
Farmer1906

Favorite Fighter(s) : Griffin, Franklin, Hendo, Sonnen, Wand, Lawler, Belfort, Pettis, Aldo, Mousasi

PostSubject: Re: Anderson Silva "Shogun doesn't deserve a shot"   Anderson Silva "Shogun doesn't deserve a shot" EmptyTue Jul 28, 2009 9:12 pm

Those Hendo fights were unification fights.
Back to top Go down
LTFG
Brown Belt
Brown Belt
LTFG

PostSubject: Re: Anderson Silva "Shogun doesn't deserve a shot"   Anderson Silva "Shogun doesn't deserve a shot" EmptyWed Jul 29, 2009 1:14 pm

I understand that Farmer... My point is that Anderson took it upon himself to comment about Shogun (Title shot in his 3rd UFC fight)... Where was he when Hendo got his quick shots (1st & 2nd fights)?... Or when Rampage got his quick shot (2nd fight)?... Or when Brock got his (3rd fight)?...

You know, come to think of it Anderson got his shot in only his second UFC fight... He's acting as if you can't have a shot until your 7th fight because that's how long it took Machida. A bit of a hypocrite, don't you think?
Back to top Go down
KingsOwn19
Administrator
Administrator
KingsOwn19

Favorite Fighter(s) : Lyoto Machida, BJ Penn, Anderson Silva,Dan Henderson, Emelianenko Fedor, Josh Barnett

PostSubject: Re: Anderson Silva "Shogun doesn't deserve a shot"   Anderson Silva "Shogun doesn't deserve a shot" EmptyWed Jul 29, 2009 2:33 pm

Bigs03 wrote:
Boo-fucking-hoo.

That's not his point.

Machida probably will destroy Shogun. Spider is just pointing out that Dragon had to go 6-0 without losing a round or getting taken down or rocked once in the UFC before he got a title shot, and even then he only got the title shot as soon as he did because Jackson got injured. Shogun loses to Griffin, has a snoozefest with Hammer and KO's over the hill Liddell and all of a sudden he is #1 contender. Spider makes a good point. They don't care that Shogun is fighting Machida, they care that UFC is very inconsistant with title shots and rankings these days, atleast in the LHW class.
Back to top Go down
Farmer1906
Gold Belt
Gold Belt
Farmer1906

Favorite Fighter(s) : Griffin, Franklin, Hendo, Sonnen, Wand, Lawler, Belfort, Pettis, Aldo, Mousasi

PostSubject: Re: Anderson Silva "Shogun doesn't deserve a shot"   Anderson Silva "Shogun doesn't deserve a shot" EmptyWed Jul 29, 2009 4:21 pm

LikesToFightGuy wrote:
I understand that Farmer... My point is that Anderson took it upon himself to comment about Shogun (Title shot in his 3rd UFC fight)... Where was he when Hendo got his quick shots (1st & 2nd fights)?... Or when Rampage got his quick shot (2nd fight)?... Or when Brock got his (3rd fight)?...

You know, come to think of it Anderson got his shot in only his second UFC fight... He's acting as if you can't have a shot until your 7th fight because that's how long it took Machida. A bit of a hypocrite, don't you think?

He didn't comment because he didn't have a beef with it. He didn't have beef with it because Hendo did deserve those fights. Shogun wasn't champion. That is the difference and why Hendo is a bad example.
Back to top Go down
LTFG
Brown Belt
Brown Belt
LTFG

PostSubject: Re: Anderson Silva "Shogun doesn't deserve a shot"   Anderson Silva "Shogun doesn't deserve a shot" EmptyWed Jul 29, 2009 4:38 pm

Again, I understand the Hendo part due to the Pride belts (Still shouldn't matter, but I get it)...

So, Brock and Rampage are different why?

And where was Anderson's belt from when he got a shot in his second fight?

Last edited by LikesToFightGuy on Wed Jul 29, 2009 4:39 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Just because)
Back to top Go down
Farmer1906
Gold Belt
Gold Belt
Farmer1906

PostSubject: Re: Anderson Silva "Shogun doesn't deserve a shot"   Anderson Silva "Shogun doesn't deserve a shot" EmptyWed Jul 29, 2009 4:47 pm

LikesToFightGuy wrote:
Again, I understand the Hendo part due to the Pride belts (Still shouldn't matter, but I get it)...

So, Brock and Rampage are different why?

And where was Anderson's belt from when he got a shot in his second fight?

I'm not saying Anderson is right or wrong. I'm saying the Hendo thing is a bad example.
Back to top Go down
Bigs03
Black Belt
Black Belt
Bigs03

PostSubject: Re: Anderson Silva "Shogun doesn't deserve a shot"   Anderson Silva "Shogun doesn't deserve a shot" EmptyWed Jul 29, 2009 10:33 pm

KingsOwn19 wrote:
Bigs03 wrote:
Boo-fucking-hoo.

That's not his point.

Machida probably will destroy Shogun. Spider is just pointing out that Dragon had to go 6-0 without losing a round or getting taken down or rocked once in the UFC before he got a title shot, and even then he only got the title shot as soon as he did because Jackson got injured. Shogun loses to Griffin, has a snoozefest with Hammer and KO's over the hill Liddell and all of a sudden he is #1 contender. Spider makes a good point. They don't care that Shogun is fighting Machida, they care that UFC is very inconsistant with title shots and rankings these days, atleast in the LHW class.

Machida MIGHT destroy Shogun but if Shogun comes ready and in shape it should be a good fight.

I understand what Silva's point is but he's only bitching because Machida is his boy. If this happened in any other division besides LHW right now he wouldn't have said a damn thing.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Anderson Silva "Shogun doesn't deserve a shot"   Anderson Silva "Shogun doesn't deserve a shot" Empty

Back to top Go down

Anderson Silva "Shogun doesn't deserve a shot"
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next