Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Jon Jones says Anderson Silva superfight 'can happen,' but doesn't want to be 'guy who beat' Silva

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage

Jon Jones says Anderson Silva superfight 'can happen,' but doesn't want to be 'guy who beat' Silva Empty
PostSubject: Jon Jones says Anderson Silva superfight 'can happen,' but doesn't want to be 'guy who beat' Silva   Jon Jones says Anderson Silva superfight 'can happen,' but doesn't want to be 'guy who beat' Silva EmptyMon Oct 29, 2012 8:40 am

http://www.mmafighting.com/2012/10/29/3564782/morning-report-ufc-jon-jones-vs-anderson-silva-superfight-can-happen-dana-white-tuf-16

Little by little, windows keep cracking open that could make the biggest fight in the history of MMA a reality.

First it was UFC middleweight champion Anderson Silva. Following Dana White's promise that blank check was on the table for a bout against fellow UFC champ Jon Jones, "The Spider" admitted it may be difficult for Jones to reject such an overwhelming amount of money, and if the superfight did happen, it would need to be at a catchweight with neither man's belt up for grabs. While reluctant, that sentiment was still a far cry from Silva's generally staunch refusals.

Meanwhile, Jones, who's been upfront about his own lack of interest in the fight, has recently been making the media rounds in Brazil and it seems as if the elephant-sized, dangling carrot of a monster payday has already started softening his initial hardline stance.

"I respect [Silva] a lot," Jones said to Brazilian outlet Correio Braziliense. "As I said several times, I do not want to be the guy who beat Anderson, and do not want to be the guy who lost to him. Anderson is a great champion, I'm a great champion. We both..." At that point Jones trailed off, before picking back up. "I don't know. I don't know.

"I'm not saying that the fight will not happen. It can happen. But it's not something I'm chasing.

"I don't believe that I need to fight with Anderson to be the best in the world," Jones concluded.

While this obviously isn't the most ringing endorsement, just like Silva, it's miles away from where we were in this discussion a mere month ago. Neither man particularly wants it, but after a certain point, the allure of the dollar can be a powerful mistress.
Back to top Go down
cheekynffc
Purple Belt
Purple Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : froch, hatton, benn, duran, hagler, ponce de leon

Jon Jones says Anderson Silva superfight 'can happen,' but doesn't want to be 'guy who beat' Silva Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jon Jones says Anderson Silva superfight 'can happen,' but doesn't want to be 'guy who beat' Silva   Jon Jones says Anderson Silva superfight 'can happen,' but doesn't want to be 'guy who beat' Silva EmptyMon Oct 29, 2012 9:01 am

the fuck is this prick babbling about now?

he's not a star over here yet as the sport isn't big enough so we don't get him shoved down our throats by media and sponsors but i'm beginning to see why he's disliked so much over the pond.

nonsensical comments for no other reason than the desire to hear the sound of his own voice.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Jon Jones says Anderson Silva superfight 'can happen,' but doesn't want to be 'guy who beat' Silva   Jon Jones says Anderson Silva superfight 'can happen,' but doesn't want to be 'guy who beat' Silva EmptyMon Oct 29, 2012 9:43 am

Why is this even thread worthy ?

I want the fight to happen but there's not really any point in Bones comments when he's going to be stuck doing TUF for months.
Back to top Go down
killerofchicken
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
killerofchicken

Favorite Fighter(s) : Mauricio Shogun Rua, BJ Penn, AXE MURDERER,Fedor, CroCop, Vitor Belfort, JDS

PostSubject: Re: Jon Jones says Anderson Silva superfight 'can happen,' but doesn't want to be 'guy who beat' Silva   Jon Jones says Anderson Silva superfight 'can happen,' but doesn't want to be 'guy who beat' Silva EmptyMon Oct 29, 2012 1:18 pm

Omg! Just eat a dick and stfu
Back to top Go down
Farmer1906
Gold Belt
Gold Belt
Farmer1906

Favorite Fighter(s) : Griffin, Franklin, Hendo, Sonnen, Wand, Lawler, Belfort, Pettis, Aldo, Mousasi

PostSubject: Re: Jon Jones says Anderson Silva superfight 'can happen,' but doesn't want to be 'guy who beat' Silva   Jon Jones says Anderson Silva superfight 'can happen,' but doesn't want to be 'guy who beat' Silva EmptyMon Oct 29, 2012 4:27 pm

He had no problem fighting a friend and training partner yet he does want to fight a guy he doesn't know we'll and hasn't trained with because he's a "great champion".

Dumb dumb dumb
Back to top Go down
KingsOwn19
Administrator
Administrator
KingsOwn19

Favorite Fighter(s) : Lyoto Machida, BJ Penn, Anderson Silva,Dan Henderson, Emelianenko Fedor, Josh Barnett

PostSubject: Re: Jon Jones says Anderson Silva superfight 'can happen,' but doesn't want to be 'guy who beat' Silva   Jon Jones says Anderson Silva superfight 'can happen,' but doesn't want to be 'guy who beat' Silva EmptyTue Oct 30, 2012 1:29 am

You wouldnt be the guy who beat Silva you arrogant douche.

Jon Jones says Anderson Silva superfight 'can happen,' but doesn't want to be 'guy who beat' Silva 164_l
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Jon Jones says Anderson Silva superfight 'can happen,' but doesn't want to be 'guy who beat' Silva   Jon Jones says Anderson Silva superfight 'can happen,' but doesn't want to be 'guy who beat' Silva EmptyTue Oct 30, 2012 2:14 pm

KingsOwn19 wrote:
You wouldnt be the guy who beat Silva you arrogant douche.

Jon Jones says Anderson Silva superfight 'can happen,' but doesn't want to be 'guy who beat' Silva 164_l

His arms look odd.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Jon Jones says Anderson Silva superfight 'can happen,' but doesn't want to be 'guy who beat' Silva   Jon Jones says Anderson Silva superfight 'can happen,' but doesn't want to be 'guy who beat' Silva Empty

Back to top Go down

Jon Jones says Anderson Silva superfight 'can happen,' but doesn't want to be 'guy who beat' Silva
Page 1 of 1