Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Georges St-Pierre: Anderson Silva fight will happen on my terms, not his

Go down 
+3
Cu Bu
OU
bobbitt15
7 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage

Georges St-Pierre: Anderson Silva fight will happen on my terms, not his Empty
PostSubject: Georges St-Pierre: Anderson Silva fight will happen on my terms, not his   Georges St-Pierre: Anderson Silva fight will happen on my terms, not his EmptyMon Nov 26, 2012 11:30 am

http://www.mmafighting.com/2012/11/26/3692332/georges-st-pierre-anderson-silva-fight-will-happen-when-the-time-is

The Georges St-Pierre vs. Anderson Silva super fight isn't a done deal just yet, and if GSP gets his way, it may not happen for a while.

In his first major interview since his UFC 154 win over Carlos Condit last weekend, St-Pierre told Radio-Canada's "Tout Le Monde en Parle" ("Everyone is Talking") on Sunday night that the time just isn't right for him to fight Silva.

Below are his translated comments about the fight:

"This fight is the cherry on the sundae," he said. "He wants to fight me so he can then retire. I would like to fight him too, but after I fight him and win the fight, what happens next? These days, yeah, there's a lot of money to be made, but I don't fight for the money. My motivation is to be the best. Like we said, to be the Wayne Gretzky of my sport. So if I fight him, what happens next? It will be over. So yes, I want the fight, but I want to take it when I decide the time is right, not when he wants the fight to happen.

"On top of that, he weighs 234 pounds; I weigh 188. So there's a big weight difference. I've fought guys who were bigger -- I'm not scared of him -- it's just that I will take this fight when it makes sense for me. I just came back from an injury, there's money to be made, there are fights in my weight class, other challenges out there, and if I fight him, I will have to gain weight, while he will have to lose weight, and then afterwards, I won't be able to come back to my weight class.

"First and foremost, I have things to do at 170 pounds. When I am ready and when I want the fight, that's when it will happen."

Other notes from the show:

* GSP wore sunglasses throughout the entire interview because he said he had yet to fully heal from the Condit fight.

* GSP said he had Christmas dinner last year at Sylvester Stallone's house after his doctor wouldn't clear him to fly home from Los Angeles following knee surgery.

* Arnold Schwarzenegger called to congratulate him after last weekend's win.

* He thinks he could fight until he's 45 years old, but he guarantees he will be retired by then.

* The host said GSP makes approximately $15 million a year in addition to his UFC fight purses. GSP did not disagree.

* He said he's not quite the Gretzky of MMA but maybe the Joe Sakic.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Georges St-Pierre: Anderson Silva fight will happen on my terms, not his   Georges St-Pierre: Anderson Silva fight will happen on my terms, not his EmptyMon Nov 26, 2012 11:40 am

Sleep

The downside to mega fights like this is all the negotiating through the press.
Quote :

I would like to fight him too

That's all we need to hear though.
Back to top Go down
bobbitt15
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Chael Sonnen, Michael Chandler, Jorge Masvidal, Carlos Condit

PostSubject: Re: Georges St-Pierre: Anderson Silva fight will happen on my terms, not his   Georges St-Pierre: Anderson Silva fight will happen on my terms, not his EmptyMon Nov 26, 2012 1:56 pm

GSP-Hendricks will happen around May
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

PostSubject: Re: Georges St-Pierre: Anderson Silva fight will happen on my terms, not his   Georges St-Pierre: Anderson Silva fight will happen on my terms, not his EmptyMon Nov 26, 2012 2:10 pm

bobbitt15 wrote:
Sounds good to me. Maybe a little sooner.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Georges St-Pierre: Anderson Silva fight will happen on my terms, not his   Georges St-Pierre: Anderson Silva fight will happen on my terms, not his EmptyTue Nov 27, 2012 9:09 am

OU wrote:
bobbitt15 wrote:
Sounds good to me. Maybe a little sooner.

Sounds gay.
Back to top Go down
Cu Bu
Black Belt
Black Belt
Cu Bu

Favorite Fighter(s) : AXE MURDERER

PostSubject: Re: Georges St-Pierre: Anderson Silva fight will happen on my terms, not his   Georges St-Pierre: Anderson Silva fight will happen on my terms, not his EmptyTue Nov 27, 2012 9:43 am

, there's a lot of money to be made, but I don't fight for the money

I just came back from an injury, there's money to be made, there are fights in my weight class, other challenges out there,

confused

also why wear the shades? I know he isnt the only one but If I have a black eye I rock it until its gone. Dont understand taking extra precautions to conceal it
Back to top Go down
jewzilla
Blue Belt
Blue Belt
jewzilla

Favorite Fighter(s) : GOAT: GSP. Favorite retired: Brock, Chuck. Always supporting: Hendo, Chael, Cerrone, Forrest, Faber.

PostSubject: Re: Georges St-Pierre: Anderson Silva fight will happen on my terms, not his   Georges St-Pierre: Anderson Silva fight will happen on my terms, not his EmptyTue Nov 27, 2012 2:22 pm

Real OG-OAT talking real talk. Anderson doesn't speak unless George's tells him too.

Seriously GSP has plenty of fights at WW. Hendricks, Diaz, ellenberger, and I'm sure someone will emerge by the time he's done with them. Anderson can suck a dick and go fight jones at lhw where he belongs.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

PostSubject: Re: Georges St-Pierre: Anderson Silva fight will happen on my terms, not his   Georges St-Pierre: Anderson Silva fight will happen on my terms, not his EmptyTue Nov 27, 2012 2:32 pm

jewzilla wrote:
Real OG-OAT talking real talk. Anderson doesn't speak unless George's tells him too.

Seriously GSP has plenty of fights at WW. Hendricks, Diaz, ellenberger, and I'm sure someone will emerge by the time he's done with them. Anderson can suck a dick and go fight jones at lhw where he belongs.
He seems to fit in nicely at MW. I don't see how that can't be his home considering he is the greatest MW to ever step into the cage.
Back to top Go down
jewzilla
Blue Belt
Blue Belt
jewzilla

Favorite Fighter(s) : GOAT: GSP. Favorite retired: Brock, Chuck. Always supporting: Hendo, Chael, Cerrone, Forrest, Faber.

PostSubject: Re: Georges St-Pierre: Anderson Silva fight will happen on my terms, not his   Georges St-Pierre: Anderson Silva fight will happen on my terms, not his EmptyTue Nov 27, 2012 3:42 pm

Exactly, let's cut weight to a division where he can stomp everyone's ass rather than fight at lhw where he would actually have stronger competition. Nothing against Vitor either. And of course Anderson would rather fight GSP than Jon jones. He knows he has the advantage over GSP, and knows Jon would smash his face with elbows.

I agree with Georges. If Anderson wants to fight him so bad, he will meet GSPs demands.
Back to top Go down
jewzilla
Blue Belt
Blue Belt
jewzilla

PostSubject: Re: Georges St-Pierre: Anderson Silva fight will happen on my terms, not his   Georges St-Pierre: Anderson Silva fight will happen on my terms, not his EmptyTue Nov 27, 2012 3:44 pm

Let's see Anderson ask for a fight with rashad or bones. Hell I bet he wouldn't even fight Hendo again.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: Georges St-Pierre: Anderson Silva fight will happen on my terms, not his   Georges St-Pierre: Anderson Silva fight will happen on my terms, not his EmptyTue Nov 27, 2012 3:45 pm

jewzilla wrote:
Exactly, let's cut weight to a division where he can stomp everyone's ass rather than fight at lhw where he would actually have stronger competition. Nothing against Vitor either. And of course Anderson would rather fight GSP than Jon jones. He knows he has the advantage over GSP, and knows Jon would smash his face with elbows.

I agree with Georges. If Anderson wants to fight him so bad, he will meet GSPs demands.
How about fighting at the weight class where you can be the most successful? The weight class that allows you to fight at your peak. There is absolutely nothing wrong with being the best in the world at your weight class. To imply that he is ducking the LHW division because he is better at MW is crazy. He fights where he is best at, as should everyone.
Back to top Go down
jewzilla
Blue Belt
Blue Belt
jewzilla

PostSubject: Re: Georges St-Pierre: Anderson Silva fight will happen on my terms, not his   Georges St-Pierre: Anderson Silva fight will happen on my terms, not his EmptyTue Nov 27, 2012 5:34 pm

Ok then I don't want to hear anyone else say anything about GSP needing to fight him. Not accusing you either cause you seem to be on the same page as me when it comes to fighters fighting in their own divisions. Fuck this superfight shit. All I'm saying is if Anderson wants a superfight, how bout picking on someone like bones.
Back to top Go down
KingsOwn19
Administrator
Administrator
KingsOwn19

Favorite Fighter(s) : Lyoto Machida, BJ Penn, Anderson Silva,Dan Henderson, Emelianenko Fedor, Josh Barnett

PostSubject: Re: Georges St-Pierre: Anderson Silva fight will happen on my terms, not his   Georges St-Pierre: Anderson Silva fight will happen on my terms, not his EmptyTue Nov 27, 2012 7:41 pm

Translation: Cluck Cluck
Back to top Go down
captain organic
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
captain organic

PostSubject: Re: Georges St-Pierre: Anderson Silva fight will happen on my terms, not his   Georges St-Pierre: Anderson Silva fight will happen on my terms, not his EmptyTue Nov 27, 2012 11:51 pm

Yeah, so GSP is going to wait till silva is really old b4 he moves up to fight him. Just like Gretzky would.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Georges St-Pierre: Anderson Silva fight will happen on my terms, not his   Georges St-Pierre: Anderson Silva fight will happen on my terms, not his EmptyWed Nov 28, 2012 9:56 am

GSP claims he wants to be the G.O.A.T and beating Silva at a fair weight would help him make that case.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: Georges St-Pierre: Anderson Silva fight will happen on my terms, not his   Georges St-Pierre: Anderson Silva fight will happen on my terms, not his EmptyWed Nov 28, 2012 10:12 am

captain organic wrote:
Yeah, so GSP is going to wait till silva is really old b4 he moves up to fight him. Just like Gretzky would.
What about Silva pushing for the fight when GSP is returning from the worst injury of his career? How is that not a weak move? GSP was so rusty his last right he actually started to gas.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Georges St-Pierre: Anderson Silva fight will happen on my terms, not his   Georges St-Pierre: Anderson Silva fight will happen on my terms, not his EmptyWed Nov 28, 2012 10:34 am

Yeah GSP needs a few more fights first. If Silva wants to be the GOAT he should be going after Jon Jones.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Georges St-Pierre: Anderson Silva fight will happen on my terms, not his   Georges St-Pierre: Anderson Silva fight will happen on my terms, not his EmptyWed Nov 28, 2012 10:36 am

freakzilla wrote:
Yeah GSP needs a few more fights first. If Silva wants to be the GOAT he should be going after Jon Jones.

Silva's already the G.O.A.T and Bones has a fight scheduled.
Back to top Go down
captain organic
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
captain organic

PostSubject: Re: Georges St-Pierre: Anderson Silva fight will happen on my terms, not his   Georges St-Pierre: Anderson Silva fight will happen on my terms, not his EmptyWed Nov 28, 2012 4:31 pm

OU wrote:
captain organic wrote:
What about Silva pushing for the fight when GSP is returning from the worst injury of his career? How is that not a weak move? GSP was so rusty his last right he actually started to gas.

I don't Silva looks great in calling GSP out either. Injury aside, GSP is WW who has never fought at MW. Silva is a MW who has looked fantastic at LHW. Silva should be going after Jones if he wants bigger challenges, and he unlike GSP has expressed disinterest in fighting the guys who are in line. So i've def criticised Silva in the past.

But in this instance, GSP should not say (paraphrasing) "I want to become the gretzky of MMA, and in doing so I will wait till Anderson Silva, who is calling me out, is firmly in retirement age before I go up and fight him."
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: Georges St-Pierre: Anderson Silva fight will happen on my terms, not his   Georges St-Pierre: Anderson Silva fight will happen on my terms, not his EmptyWed Nov 28, 2012 5:24 pm

Damn, I guess it's a back and forth trying to gain leverage for any negotiations.

http://mmajunkie.com/news/2012/11/anderson-silva-coach-gsp-would-have-considerable-advantage-at-170-pounds
Quote :
"He weights 205 pounds now because he is already thinking about the weight cut to face GSP," said Camoes, who works with the likes of Erick Silva, Rafael "Feijao" Cavalcante and Ronald "Jacare" Souza at X-Gym. "Anderson cutting about six pounds from the middleweight division and St-Pierre gaining six pounds from the welterweight limit would be a fair decision for both of them and to the crowd to see a great fight.

"It would be a crime Anderson Silva fighting at 170 pounds. He could hit that weight, but his physical decreases would be enormous. We've got to respect Georges St-Pierre, who isn't only a fighter, but a monster, physically talking. If they fight as welterweights, GSP should have a considerable advantage."
Back to top Go down
Farmer1906
Gold Belt
Gold Belt
Farmer1906

Favorite Fighter(s) : Griffin, Franklin, Hendo, Sonnen, Wand, Lawler, Belfort, Pettis, Aldo, Mousasi

PostSubject: Re: Georges St-Pierre: Anderson Silva fight will happen on my terms, not his   Georges St-Pierre: Anderson Silva fight will happen on my terms, not his EmptyWed Nov 28, 2012 6:24 pm

And GSP would be at a disadvantage at 185. Shocking news!!!

What happened to no problem going down a few months ago. Now it's a major health issue. Looks like Andy wants it on his terms. Kind if awkward when GSP us the bigger draw and in a lower weight class.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Georges St-Pierre: Anderson Silva fight will happen on my terms, not his   Georges St-Pierre: Anderson Silva fight will happen on my terms, not his EmptyThu Nov 29, 2012 8:10 am

It'll be at a catchweight.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Georges St-Pierre: Anderson Silva fight will happen on my terms, not his   Georges St-Pierre: Anderson Silva fight will happen on my terms, not his EmptyTue Dec 04, 2012 11:48 am

Quote :
"I think superfights are great, I think it causes a lot of hype....it's what this sport is about....that fight, that's on Georges himself, but everybody on this phone call knows what BJ Penn would do...you know what I would do if Dana called me and said to fight the champion above."
Back to top Go down
captain organic
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
captain organic

PostSubject: Re: Georges St-Pierre: Anderson Silva fight will happen on my terms, not his   Georges St-Pierre: Anderson Silva fight will happen on my terms, not his EmptyTue Dec 04, 2012 2:50 pm

Ali wrote:
Quote :
"I think superfights are great, I think it causes a lot of hype....it's what this sport is about....that fight, that's on Georges himself, but everybody on this phone call knows what BJ Penn would do...you know what I would do if Dana called me and said to fight the champion above."

Well then what's the hold up?
Back to top Go down
bobbitt15
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Chael Sonnen, Michael Chandler, Jorge Masvidal, Carlos Condit

PostSubject: Re: Georges St-Pierre: Anderson Silva fight will happen on my terms, not his   Georges St-Pierre: Anderson Silva fight will happen on my terms, not his EmptyTue Dec 04, 2012 2:52 pm

BJ said that
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Georges St-Pierre: Anderson Silva fight will happen on my terms, not his   Georges St-Pierre: Anderson Silva fight will happen on my terms, not his Empty

Back to top Go down

Georges St-Pierre: Anderson Silva fight will happen on my terms, not his
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next