Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

What happens if BJ Penn losses to Frankie Edgar in the rematch ?

Go down 
+16
Wolfgangsta
bobbitt15
Bigs03
muayjitsu
LTFG
OU
GDPofDRC
acccardinal12
timthebim
Birdofthad
Andrew the Raider King
GolbeZ
oggy420
Primetyme199
SOKO
KingsOwn19
20 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage

What happens if BJ Penn losses to Frankie Edgar in the rematch ? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: What happens if BJ Penn losses to Frankie Edgar in the rematch ?   What happens if BJ Penn losses to Frankie Edgar in the rematch ? - Page 2 EmptyThu Jul 15, 2010 4:49 pm

LikesToFightGuy wrote:
If BJ loses the rematch, the earths axis will shift so severely that is will send us hurling uncontrollably towards the sun...

Laughing
Back to top Go down
timthebim
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
timthebim

Favorite Fighter(s) : BJ PENN, JOSH KOSCHECK, SPIDER

PostSubject: Re: What happens if BJ Penn losses to Frankie Edgar in the rematch ?   What happens if BJ Penn losses to Frankie Edgar in the rematch ? - Page 2 EmptyThu Jul 15, 2010 6:28 pm

Ali_1748 wrote:
I had it 3-2 for Frankie, it was a close fight but no way was it a robbery, I have seen far more outrageous decisions given.

BJ had an off night and didn't bother to alter his tactics once Frankie set the pace.

It was close but BJ won the fight. He was the Champ and Frankie didnt beat him in my opion. In the rematch BJ will get the job done in dominating fashion.
Back to top Go down
Birdofthad
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Ken shamrock, Frank Shamrock, Guy Mezger, Pete Williams, you get it Lions Den

PostSubject: Re: What happens if BJ Penn losses to Frankie Edgar in the rematch ?   What happens if BJ Penn losses to Frankie Edgar in the rematch ? - Page 2 EmptyThu Jul 15, 2010 6:45 pm

Im expecting Penn to take this fight but if Frankie wins again its tie to face the facts, the man is the best Lightweight in the world
Back to top Go down
timthebim
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
timthebim

PostSubject: Re: What happens if BJ Penn losses to Frankie Edgar in the rematch ?   What happens if BJ Penn losses to Frankie Edgar in the rematch ? - Page 2 EmptyThu Jul 15, 2010 6:56 pm

Birdofthad wrote:
Im expecting Penn to take this fight but if Frankie wins again its tie to face the facts, the man is the best Lightweight in the world

As devastated as I would be I would then say BJ isnt the best anymore!!
Back to top Go down
KingsOwn19
Administrator
Administrator
KingsOwn19

Favorite Fighter(s) : Lyoto Machida, BJ Penn, Anderson Silva,Dan Henderson, Emelianenko Fedor, Josh Barnett

PostSubject: Re: What happens if BJ Penn losses to Frankie Edgar in the rematch ?   What happens if BJ Penn losses to Frankie Edgar in the rematch ? - Page 2 EmptyThu Jul 15, 2010 6:56 pm

Rose coloured glasses for the likeable underdog. No way Frankie won that fight. 3-2? Yeah, i had it 3-2 Penn at the very worst for BJ. I could see it leaning closer to 4-1 Penn before i saw it moving in the complete wrong direction with 3-2 Edgar. It was a joke.

When the 50-45 score was announced, look at Edgar's face and tell me that was somebody who thought he won the fight...he knew he lost the fight but his expression screamed "fuck that, i atleast won a round"...thats what i thought as well.

BJ Penn looked bored before and after the fight. He was half the BJ we expect to see...that said, he still outclassed Edgar with counter punching and stuffed all his takedowns except for one or two, where Edgar stood right back up because the ground is Penn's advantage. Aggressor my ass. Just typical point grubbing, stalling and shitty judging. Why award somebody for wasting time going for takedowns when it's abovious they have zero interest in being on the ground with Penn? He was stalling and pretty much just hoping to survive with his endless hopping around and shoots for takedowns that he planned on standing up as soon as he gets down. I thought i could see how it could go to Edgar after another viewing but it's more dispicable every time i watch it and while on first view i had high respect for Edgar's performance, i lose mroe respect for it by the day.

It was robbery because Frankie Edgar walked out with something that does not belong to him. That is robbery.
Back to top Go down
acccardinal12
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Cung Le, BJ Penn, Mayhem, Chael Sonnen, Anthony Pettis

PostSubject: Re: What happens if BJ Penn losses to Frankie Edgar in the rematch ?   What happens if BJ Penn losses to Frankie Edgar in the rematch ? - Page 2 EmptyThu Jul 15, 2010 7:02 pm

KingsOwn19 wrote:
Rose coloured glasses for the likeable underdog. No way Frankie won that fight. 3-2? Yeah, i had it 3-2 Penn at the very worst for BJ. I could see it leaning closer to 4-1 Penn before i saw it moving in the complete wrong direction with 3-2 Edgar. It was a joke.

When the 50-45 score was announced, look at Edgar's face and tell me that was somebody who thought he won the fight...he knew he lost the fight but his expression screamed "fuck that, i atleast won a round"...thats what i thought as well.

BJ Penn looked bored before and after the fight. He was half the BJ we expect to see...that said, he still outclassed Edgar with counter punching and stuffed all his takedowns except for one or two, where Edgar stood right back up because the ground is Penn's advantage. Aggressor my ass. Just typical point grubbing, stalling and shitty judging. Why award somebody for wasting time going for takedowns when it's abovious they have zero interest in being on the ground with Penn? He was stalling and pretty much just hoping to survive with his endless hopping around and shoots for takedowns that he planned on standing up as soon as he gets down. I thought i could see how it could go to Edgar after another viewing but it's more dispicable every time i watch it and while on first view i had high respect for Edgar's performance, i lose mroe respect for it by the day.

It was robbery because Frankie Edgar walked out with something that does not belong to him. That is robbery.

Preach on Kings!
Back to top Go down
timthebim
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
timthebim

PostSubject: Re: What happens if BJ Penn losses to Frankie Edgar in the rematch ?   What happens if BJ Penn losses to Frankie Edgar in the rematch ? - Page 2 EmptyThu Jul 15, 2010 8:07 pm

Kings I have always liked u LOL.
Back to top Go down
muayjitsu
Purple Belt
Purple Belt
muayjitsu

Favorite Fighter(s) : Wand, Thiago Alves, BJ Penn, Cain, Vitor, Tito, SHOGUN

PostSubject: Re: What happens if BJ Penn losses to Frankie Edgar in the rematch ?   What happens if BJ Penn losses to Frankie Edgar in the rematch ? - Page 2 EmptySat Jul 17, 2010 4:17 pm

They would have a rubber match because BJ won the 1st fight!
Back to top Go down
Bigs03
Black Belt
Black Belt
Bigs03

Favorite Fighter(s) : Fedor and GSP

PostSubject: Re: What happens if BJ Penn losses to Frankie Edgar in the rematch ?   What happens if BJ Penn losses to Frankie Edgar in the rematch ? - Page 2 EmptySat Jul 17, 2010 4:39 pm

BJ will cry and run to his mommy.
Back to top Go down
bobbitt15
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Chael Sonnen, Michael Chandler, Jorge Masvidal, Carlos Condit

PostSubject: Re: What happens if BJ Penn losses to Frankie Edgar in the rematch ?   What happens if BJ Penn losses to Frankie Edgar in the rematch ? - Page 2 EmptySat Jul 17, 2010 7:12 pm

He would be .500 in his last 10 UFC fights
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

Favorite Fighter(s) : Conor McGregor, Machida, Jon Jones, Ronda Rousey

PostSubject: Re: What happens if BJ Penn losses to Frankie Edgar in the rematch ?   What happens if BJ Penn losses to Frankie Edgar in the rematch ? - Page 2 EmptySat Jul 17, 2010 8:30 pm

And still one of the best pound for pound best fighters in MMA history.
Back to top Go down
http://www.listentothis.org/images/fedoriishi.gif
boomer sooner
Purple Belt
Purple Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Lyoto Machida, since way back

PostSubject: Re: What happens if BJ Penn losses to Frankie Edgar in the rematch ?   What happens if BJ Penn losses to Frankie Edgar in the rematch ? - Page 2 EmptySun Jul 18, 2010 8:24 pm

Maybe BJ vs. Hughes in a rubber match? I kind of expect BJ to be the first person to finish Frankie in this fight.
Back to top Go down
MMAEYES
Black Belt
Black Belt
MMAEYES

Favorite Fighter(s) : BJ PENN, FEDOR, NICK DIAZ

PostSubject: Re: What happens if BJ Penn losses to Frankie Edgar in the rematch ?   What happens if BJ Penn losses to Frankie Edgar in the rematch ? - Page 2 EmptyWed Jul 21, 2010 8:56 am

Man I don't know what BJ would do I just hope it doesn't happen. I'm pretty sure it won't
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

PostSubject: Re: What happens if BJ Penn losses to Frankie Edgar in the rematch ?   What happens if BJ Penn losses to Frankie Edgar in the rematch ? - Page 2 EmptyWed Jul 21, 2010 12:08 pm

http://www.mmamania.com/2010/7/21/1580277/ufc-118-frankie-edgar-wants-to
Quote :
"They said you were going to destroy me [at UFC 112] -- but you didn't. What are they going to say when I beat you again?"
Back to top Go down
MMAEYES
Black Belt
Black Belt
MMAEYES

PostSubject: Re: What happens if BJ Penn losses to Frankie Edgar in the rematch ?   What happens if BJ Penn losses to Frankie Edgar in the rematch ? - Page 2 EmptyWed Jul 21, 2010 12:15 pm

Hey I don't blame Frankie for milking this gift from God for all it's worth cause the next time he steps in the cage will be the last time he wears that belt as long as BJ is around.
Back to top Go down
Andrew the Raider King
Red Belt
Red Belt
Andrew the Raider King

Favorite Fighter(s) : Chael, Sexyama, Condit, Hendricks, Cowboy, Struve

PostSubject: Re: What happens if BJ Penn losses to Frankie Edgar in the rematch ?   What happens if BJ Penn losses to Frankie Edgar in the rematch ? - Page 2 EmptyWed Jul 21, 2010 12:57 pm

I think the losr fights the loser of the Florian/Maynard fight. That gets one of the 2 losers a chance at redemption plus they are 4 of the 5 best LWs in the world.
Back to top Go down
primetime21335

PostSubject: Re: What happens if BJ Penn losses to Frankie Edgar in the rematch ?   What happens if BJ Penn losses to Frankie Edgar in the rematch ? - Page 2 EmptyFri Jul 23, 2010 3:25 pm

Primetyme199 wrote:
Even more complaining and excuses from fans.

Whoa. Wazzup pryme?

And whoa you guys have some pretty cool smilies. Basketball
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What happens if BJ Penn losses to Frankie Edgar in the rematch ?   What happens if BJ Penn losses to Frankie Edgar in the rematch ? - Page 2 EmptySat Jul 02, 2011 1:08 pm

MMAEYES wrote:
Hey I don't blame Frankie for milking this gift from God for all it's worth cause the next time he steps in the cage will be the last time he wears that belt as long as BJ is around.

Maybe not Very Happy What happened to MMAEYES?
Back to top Go down
MMAEYES
Black Belt
Black Belt
MMAEYES

PostSubject: Re: What happens if BJ Penn losses to Frankie Edgar in the rematch ?   What happens if BJ Penn losses to Frankie Edgar in the rematch ? - Page 2 EmptyTue Jul 05, 2011 8:30 am

Well I got sent to San Antonio,TX for a while I just got back about a week ago. And my wife had our only labtop with her here in ohio. But I'm back I got to see the PPV of Carwin and Dos Santos but I've missed a bunch of good combat sports.
Back to top Go down
MMAEYES
Black Belt
Black Belt
MMAEYES

PostSubject: Re: What happens if BJ Penn losses to Frankie Edgar in the rematch ?   What happens if BJ Penn losses to Frankie Edgar in the rematch ? - Page 2 EmptyTue Jul 05, 2011 8:35 am

And I might add how wrong I was about Frankie he's a beast but I still think BJ won their first fight.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

PostSubject: Re: What happens if BJ Penn losses to Frankie Edgar in the rematch ?   What happens if BJ Penn losses to Frankie Edgar in the rematch ? - Page 2 EmptyTue Jul 05, 2011 9:00 am

welcome back
Back to top Go down
MMAEYES
Black Belt
Black Belt
MMAEYES

PostSubject: Re: What happens if BJ Penn losses to Frankie Edgar in the rematch ?   What happens if BJ Penn losses to Frankie Edgar in the rematch ? - Page 2 EmptyTue Jul 05, 2011 9:04 am

Thanks OU hopefully I can get online more I'm being worked to death lol but atleast I got a job and can pay my bills and take care of my family
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What happens if BJ Penn losses to Frankie Edgar in the rematch ?   What happens if BJ Penn losses to Frankie Edgar in the rematch ? - Page 2 EmptyTue Jul 05, 2011 9:12 am

Welcome back mate!
Back to top Go down
MMAEYES
Black Belt
Black Belt
MMAEYES

PostSubject: Re: What happens if BJ Penn losses to Frankie Edgar in the rematch ?   What happens if BJ Penn losses to Frankie Edgar in the rematch ? - Page 2 EmptyTue Jul 05, 2011 9:20 am

Thanks Freak
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: What happens if BJ Penn losses to Frankie Edgar in the rematch ?   What happens if BJ Penn losses to Frankie Edgar in the rematch ? - Page 2 EmptyTue Jul 05, 2011 9:21 am

MMAEYES wrote:
Thanks OU hopefully I can get online more I'm being worked to death lol but atleast I got a job and can pay my bills and take care of my family
Yeah I'm just glad I can post while at work, The Man can't hold me down! lol
hope all is well, got to do what you got to do to feed the family and all that shit.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What happens if BJ Penn losses to Frankie Edgar in the rematch ?   What happens if BJ Penn losses to Frankie Edgar in the rematch ? - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

What happens if BJ Penn losses to Frankie Edgar in the rematch ?
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next