Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

What happens if BJ Penn losses to Frankie Edgar in the rematch ?

Go down 
+16
Wolfgangsta
bobbitt15
Bigs03
muayjitsu
LTFG
OU
GDPofDRC
acccardinal12
timthebim
Birdofthad
Andrew the Raider King
GolbeZ
oggy420
Primetyme199
SOKO
KingsOwn19
20 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage

What happens if BJ Penn losses to Frankie Edgar in the rematch ? Empty
PostSubject: What happens if BJ Penn losses to Frankie Edgar in the rematch ?   What happens if BJ Penn losses to Frankie Edgar in the rematch ? EmptyWed Jul 14, 2010 4:15 pm

I am not predicting BJ will lose, just curious as to the outcome if this scenario happens.

Would he retire,move up in weight,change his training team ?
Back to top Go down
KingsOwn19
Administrator
Administrator
KingsOwn19

Favorite Fighter(s) : Lyoto Machida, BJ Penn, Anderson Silva,Dan Henderson, Emelianenko Fedor, Josh Barnett

PostSubject: Re: What happens if BJ Penn losses to Frankie Edgar in the rematch ?   What happens if BJ Penn losses to Frankie Edgar in the rematch ? EmptyWed Jul 14, 2010 4:21 pm

Probably move on to the next fight i assume, maybe a move up in weight. No retirement.

His fight team is HIS team if i'm not mistaken, so i don't see that changing. As for the guys who have been getting him in shape, if it's not broke don't fix it. Penn was sick for a couple weeks leading into the first fight, that's not an excuse seeing as he was robbed anyway...but thats why it was not a murder.

Back to top Go down
SOKO
Black Belt
Black Belt
SOKO

Favorite Fighter(s) : The Dragon, Kenflo, Hendo, Guida, Ace, Wand, Cain, Carwin, Foreman, Evander, Oscar

PostSubject: Re: What happens if BJ Penn losses to Frankie Edgar in the rematch ?   What happens if BJ Penn losses to Frankie Edgar in the rematch ? EmptyWed Jul 14, 2010 4:47 pm

I am predicting that BJ loses again and will be just another top contender in the 155 div.
Back to top Go down
Primetyme199
Brown Belt
Brown Belt
Primetyme199

PostSubject: Re: What happens if BJ Penn losses to Frankie Edgar in the rematch ?   What happens if BJ Penn losses to Frankie Edgar in the rematch ? EmptyWed Jul 14, 2010 4:58 pm

Even more complaining and excuses from fans.
Back to top Go down
oggy420
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt

PostSubject: Re: What happens if BJ Penn losses to Frankie Edgar in the rematch ?   What happens if BJ Penn losses to Frankie Edgar in the rematch ? EmptyWed Jul 14, 2010 4:59 pm

Depends on how he loses.
Back to top Go down
GolbeZ
Administrator
Administrator
GolbeZ

Favorite Fighter(s) : Condit, Machida, Aldo, Bendo, KJ Noons, Dominick Cruz The Praying Mantis

PostSubject: Re: What happens if BJ Penn losses to Frankie Edgar in the rematch ?   What happens if BJ Penn losses to Frankie Edgar in the rematch ? EmptyWed Jul 14, 2010 5:10 pm

Primetyme199 wrote:

only a very quick KO would prevent that..
Back to top Go down
Andrew the Raider King
Red Belt
Red Belt
Andrew the Raider King

Favorite Fighter(s) : Chael, Sexyama, Condit, Hendricks, Cowboy, Struve

PostSubject: Re: What happens if BJ Penn losses to Frankie Edgar in the rematch ?   What happens if BJ Penn losses to Frankie Edgar in the rematch ? EmptyWed Jul 14, 2010 5:17 pm

No predictions here, though I believe it was a close fight, I thought BJ won. Regardless, if he loses he will either fight or retire, because money has never been a problem for him, even before he got rich on his own. BTW, BJ wins 2nd Rd TKO.
Back to top Go down
Birdofthad
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Ken shamrock, Frank Shamrock, Guy Mezger, Pete Williams, you get it Lions Den

PostSubject: Re: What happens if BJ Penn losses to Frankie Edgar in the rematch ?   What happens if BJ Penn losses to Frankie Edgar in the rematch ? EmptyWed Jul 14, 2010 5:41 pm

alot of people will say he got robbed again
Back to top Go down
timthebim
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
timthebim

Favorite Fighter(s) : BJ PENN, JOSH KOSCHECK, SPIDER

PostSubject: Re: What happens if BJ Penn losses to Frankie Edgar in the rematch ?   What happens if BJ Penn losses to Frankie Edgar in the rematch ? EmptyWed Jul 14, 2010 6:45 pm

Birdofthad wrote:

I will LOL.
Back to top Go down
Primetyme199
Brown Belt
Brown Belt
Primetyme199

PostSubject: Re: What happens if BJ Penn losses to Frankie Edgar in the rematch ?   What happens if BJ Penn losses to Frankie Edgar in the rematch ? EmptyWed Jul 14, 2010 7:20 pm

timthebim wrote:
Birdofthad wrote:

I will LOL.

Laughing
Back to top Go down
acccardinal12
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Cung Le, BJ Penn, Mayhem, Chael Sonnen, Anthony Pettis

PostSubject: Re: What happens if BJ Penn losses to Frankie Edgar in the rematch ?   What happens if BJ Penn losses to Frankie Edgar in the rematch ? EmptyWed Jul 14, 2010 7:36 pm

If Sherk wins his next fight I could see a rematch with BJ IF BJ loses. IF BJ loses? Won't happen. Title is going back to Hilo!!!!!
Back to top Go down
timthebim
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
timthebim

PostSubject: Re: What happens if BJ Penn losses to Frankie Edgar in the rematch ?   What happens if BJ Penn losses to Frankie Edgar in the rematch ? EmptyWed Jul 14, 2010 7:38 pm

bigbeastcardinal12 wrote:
If Sherk wins his next fight I could see a rematch with BJ IF BJ loses. IF BJ loses? Won't happen. Title is going back to Hilo!!!!!

Totally agree!!!!
Back to top Go down
acccardinal12
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

PostSubject: Re: What happens if BJ Penn losses to Frankie Edgar in the rematch ?   What happens if BJ Penn losses to Frankie Edgar in the rematch ? EmptyWed Jul 14, 2010 8:08 pm

timthebim wrote:
bigbeastcardinal12 wrote:

Totally agree!!!!

Tim I like your favorite fighters. I think you might be the most intelligent guy on the board. You wanna come over and watch some old Cung Le San Shou fights? All you need is Cung and Vitor and you will have it perfect.
Back to top Go down
timthebim
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
timthebim

PostSubject: Re: What happens if BJ Penn losses to Frankie Edgar in the rematch ?   What happens if BJ Penn losses to Frankie Edgar in the rematch ? EmptyWed Jul 14, 2010 8:09 pm

I love Vitor also. I also like Cung so we are on the same wave length!!
Back to top Go down
acccardinal12
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

PostSubject: Re: What happens if BJ Penn losses to Frankie Edgar in the rematch ?   What happens if BJ Penn losses to Frankie Edgar in the rematch ? EmptyWed Jul 14, 2010 8:19 pm

timthebim wrote:
I love Vitor also. I also like Cung so we are on the same wave length!!

Better not let our rep get too high or LA and Wolf might call us out as the same guy. affraid
Back to top Go down
acccardinal12
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

PostSubject: Re: What happens if BJ Penn losses to Frankie Edgar in the rematch ?   What happens if BJ Penn losses to Frankie Edgar in the rematch ? EmptyWed Jul 14, 2010 8:21 pm

Uh oh me you and Josh are all tied up!
Back to top Go down
acccardinal12
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

PostSubject: Re: What happens if BJ Penn losses to Frankie Edgar in the rematch ?   What happens if BJ Penn losses to Frankie Edgar in the rematch ? EmptyWed Jul 14, 2010 8:21 pm

Somehow I have voted six times today? nope 5. I voted 3 for josh and 2 for you timmeh and it won't let me voe anymore. I know I did for Josh this morning. It doesn't make since if you have to wait 24 hours. Unless I voted three and it started over at a specific time? Who knows?
Back to top Go down
KingsOwn19
Administrator
Administrator
KingsOwn19

Favorite Fighter(s) : Lyoto Machida, BJ Penn, Anderson Silva,Dan Henderson, Emelianenko Fedor, Josh Barnett

PostSubject: Re: What happens if BJ Penn losses to Frankie Edgar in the rematch ?   What happens if BJ Penn losses to Frankie Edgar in the rematch ? EmptyWed Jul 14, 2010 11:11 pm

GolbeZ wrote:
Primetyme199 wrote:

only a very quick KO would prevent that..

No. A legit win will do just fine for me. No decision for Frankie after getting outstruck and all his takedowns stuffed for the better part of 5 rounds.

I'm still stunned that people hate BJ enough that they'll sweep a terrible decision under the rug when terrible decisions for even the most irrelevant fights cause a big uproar.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What happens if BJ Penn losses to Frankie Edgar in the rematch ?   What happens if BJ Penn losses to Frankie Edgar in the rematch ? EmptyThu Jul 15, 2010 12:06 am

I don't hate BJ and I never will unless he does some sort of heinous act.
Back to top Go down
Birdofthad
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Ken shamrock, Frank Shamrock, Guy Mezger, Pete Williams, you get it Lions Den

PostSubject: Re: What happens if BJ Penn losses to Frankie Edgar in the rematch ?   What happens if BJ Penn losses to Frankie Edgar in the rematch ? EmptyThu Jul 15, 2010 12:08 am

I lvoe BJ but in a LOSE FIGHT that was judged 3 ounds to 2 THAT IS NOT A ROBBERY PEOPLE

if it was 4-1 i understand bitching, but that fight was close
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What happens if BJ Penn losses to Frankie Edgar in the rematch ?   What happens if BJ Penn losses to Frankie Edgar in the rematch ? EmptyThu Jul 15, 2010 12:14 am

I had it 3-2 for Frankie, it was a close fight but no way was it a robbery, I have seen far more outrageous decisions given.

BJ had an off night and didn't bother to alter his tactics once Frankie set the pace.
Back to top Go down
Birdofthad
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt

PostSubject: Re: What happens if BJ Penn losses to Frankie Edgar in the rematch ?   What happens if BJ Penn losses to Frankie Edgar in the rematch ? EmptyThu Jul 15, 2010 12:16 am

exact same score I had Ali and completely agree
Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

Favorite Fighter(s) : Shogun, Fedor, Wand, Saku, Hendo, BJ, Bas, Cain, Mike Vallely

PostSubject: Re: What happens if BJ Penn losses to Frankie Edgar in the rematch ?   What happens if BJ Penn losses to Frankie Edgar in the rematch ? EmptyThu Jul 15, 2010 12:23 pm

If BJ loses he might talk about retiring, talk I think. Talk about taking time off, but really he will get back into it and either fight at WW or take one fight at LW and demand a title shot after it.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/v/skCV2L0c6K0
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

PostSubject: Re: What happens if BJ Penn losses to Frankie Edgar in the rematch ?   What happens if BJ Penn losses to Frankie Edgar in the rematch ? EmptyThu Jul 15, 2010 12:27 pm

if he loses it is back to smoking weed and eating cheeseburgers on the beach. BJ would make his return at 200lbs.
Back to top Go down
LTFG
Brown Belt
Brown Belt
LTFG

Favorite Fighter(s) : Wolfy

PostSubject: Re: What happens if BJ Penn losses to Frankie Edgar in the rematch ?   What happens if BJ Penn losses to Frankie Edgar in the rematch ? EmptyThu Jul 15, 2010 1:02 pm

If BJ loses the rematch, the earths axis will shift so severely that is will send us hurling uncontrollably towards the sun...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What happens if BJ Penn losses to Frankie Edgar in the rematch ?   What happens if BJ Penn losses to Frankie Edgar in the rematch ? Empty

Back to top Go down

What happens if BJ Penn losses to Frankie Edgar in the rematch ?
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next