Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Fedor Tap Out Deal shot down by dana.

Go down 
+8
LA
Farmer1906
acccardinal12
Wolfgangsta
KingsOwn19
GolbeZ
Bigs03
SOKO
12 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
SOKO
Black Belt
Black Belt
SOKO

Favorite Fighter(s) : The Dragon, Kenflo, Hendo, Guida, Ace, Wand, Cain, Carwin, Foreman, Evander, Oscar

Fedor Tap Out  Deal shot down by dana. Empty
PostSubject: Fedor Tap Out Deal shot down by dana.   Fedor Tap Out  Deal shot down by dana. EmptySat Jun 26, 2010 12:13 pm

Here we go again dana tells tapout that if they make a shirt for Fedor they can pack there shit and they are no longer welcome in the ufc. I doubt Dana will ever sign fedor if he keeps pulling this shit. Even though fedor is always calm Im sure he would like to take dana's head off and shove it up his ass. I fucking hate M-1 but damn dana relax man.

http://www.sherdog.com/news/news/M-1-UFC-Trying-to-Ruin-Fedors-Sponsorships-25329
Back to top Go down
Bigs03
Black Belt
Black Belt
Bigs03

Favorite Fighter(s) : Fedor and GSP

PostSubject: Re: Fedor Tap Out Deal shot down by dana.   Fedor Tap Out  Deal shot down by dana. EmptySat Jun 26, 2010 1:07 pm

That's bullshit.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Fedor Tap Out Deal shot down by dana.   Fedor Tap Out  Deal shot down by dana. EmptySat Jun 26, 2010 1:13 pm

Is being aggressive Zuffa's only tactic ? One day all their bullshit will come back to bite them in the ass.
Back to top Go down
Bigs03
Black Belt
Black Belt
Bigs03

Favorite Fighter(s) : Fedor and GSP

PostSubject: Re: Fedor Tap Out Deal shot down by dana.   Fedor Tap Out  Deal shot down by dana. EmptySat Jun 26, 2010 1:14 pm

I can understand them banning Affliction from the octagon when they were a direct competitor, however, attacking individual fighters is over the line IMO.
Back to top Go down
GolbeZ
Administrator
Administrator
GolbeZ

Favorite Fighter(s) : Condit, Machida, Aldo, Bendo, KJ Noons, Dominick Cruz The Praying Mantis

PostSubject: Re: Fedor Tap Out Deal shot down by dana.   Fedor Tap Out  Deal shot down by dana. EmptySat Jun 26, 2010 1:19 pm

Dana is a douchebag .. this shouldnt be news to anyone.
Back to top Go down
KingsOwn19
Administrator
Administrator
KingsOwn19

Favorite Fighter(s) : Lyoto Machida, BJ Penn, Anderson Silva,Dan Henderson, Emelianenko Fedor, Josh Barnett

PostSubject: Re: Fedor Tap Out Deal shot down by dana.   Fedor Tap Out  Deal shot down by dana. EmptySat Jun 26, 2010 1:24 pm

Notice how RVCA is not Fedor's sponser anymore?

Like i said, if Fedor never ends up in the UFC let's not pretend Dana White is not largely at fault. Dana is using influence on companies like tap out and RVCA to attack Fedor and only Fedor...sounds personal and sonds like somebody i would not even talk to, let alone work for.

Last edited by KingsOwn19 on Sat Jun 26, 2010 1:38 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

Favorite Fighter(s) : Conor McGregor, Machida, Jon Jones, Ronda Rousey

PostSubject: Re: Fedor Tap Out Deal shot down by dana.   Fedor Tap Out  Deal shot down by dana. EmptySat Jun 26, 2010 1:37 pm

Kings for the win.

The situation is so fluid. A day ago it looked like Fedor was UFC bound, now this. Over and over. Forever.
Back to top Go down
http://www.listentothis.org/images/fedoriishi.gif
acccardinal12
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Cung Le, BJ Penn, Mayhem, Chael Sonnen, Anthony Pettis

PostSubject: Re: Fedor Tap Out Deal shot down by dana.   Fedor Tap Out  Deal shot down by dana. EmptySat Jun 26, 2010 3:29 pm

I like the control tactic myself. Another reason Fedor should go now. The top clothing line who pays the best won't touch you now either. If you want the steak, you have to come to the cookout!
Back to top Go down
Farmer1906
Gold Belt
Gold Belt
Farmer1906

Favorite Fighter(s) : Griffin, Franklin, Hendo, Sonnen, Wand, Lawler, Belfort, Pettis, Aldo, Mousasi

PostSubject: Re: Fedor Tap Out Deal shot down by dana.   Fedor Tap Out  Deal shot down by dana. EmptySat Jun 26, 2010 5:16 pm

This is just the ufc going after fedor. They're trying to make his life hell outside of the ufc. They're trying their best to hit him in te wallet. I can't blame the ufc for this. I don't see why this pisses people off though.
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

PostSubject: Re: Fedor Tap Out Deal shot down by dana.   Fedor Tap Out  Deal shot down by dana. EmptySat Jun 26, 2010 5:46 pm

You don't understand why heavy handed and aggressive business tactics annoy some consumers and fans?
Back to top Go down
acccardinal12
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

PostSubject: Re: Fedor Tap Out Deal shot down by dana.   Fedor Tap Out  Deal shot down by dana. EmptySat Jun 26, 2010 5:56 pm

Wolfgangsta wrote:
You don't understand why heavy handed and aggressive business tactics annoy some consumers and fans?

I do and think it was shitty, but imo it was a good move by DW. This whole Fedor and UFC thing is like a 3 year chess match. Just business, but I can see why people would get pissed about it. I am pissed because I now know why I couldn't order the RVCA/Fedor shirt 4 months ago at the Buckle in the Mall. The guy said he would call me when he could order me one and I never got a call. He was trying to order it when I was at the store watching him on his computer and he said he couldn't place an order. He did call and offer me the ugly new BJ Penn shirt.
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

PostSubject: Re: Fedor Tap Out Deal shot down by dana.   Fedor Tap Out  Deal shot down by dana. EmptySat Jun 26, 2010 7:24 pm

4 months ago you were in full anti-Fedor "he's a chicken ducking everyone" mode. I call bullshit.
Back to top Go down
Farmer1906
Gold Belt
Gold Belt
Farmer1906

Favorite Fighter(s) : Griffin, Franklin, Hendo, Sonnen, Wand, Lawler, Belfort, Pettis, Aldo, Mousasi

PostSubject: Re: Fedor Tap Out Deal shot down by dana.   Fedor Tap Out  Deal shot down by dana. EmptySat Jun 26, 2010 7:31 pm

Wolfgangsta wrote:

I get why a small # of fans would be pissed they can't buy a new t-shirt, but why is anyone shocked the UFC is trying to make the "enemy" lose money? What's the big deal?

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Fedor Tap Out Deal shot down by dana.   Fedor Tap Out  Deal shot down by dana. EmptySat Jun 26, 2010 7:34 pm

Farmer1906 wrote:
Wolfgangsta wrote:

I get why a small # of fans would be pissed they can't buy a new t-shirt, but why is anyone shocked the UFC is trying to make the "enemy" lose money? What's the big deal?

What's becoming clear is Dana's only tactic seems to be aggression, he's not a smart business man at all, quite frankly these sort of actions make him look like a thug.
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

PostSubject: Re: Fedor Tap Out Deal shot down by dana.   Fedor Tap Out  Deal shot down by dana. EmptySat Jun 26, 2010 7:56 pm

Farmer, what the UFC is doing isn't just "business as usual" hardball. This is an aggressive move even by UFC standards and a first in MMA. They keep upping the stakes. That obviously will ruffle feathers.

I wonder what the UFC is going to do when someone starts putting Bellator or Strikeforce quality events free and live on Saturday night against PPV cards. This is what the UFC is so paranoid about anyway, but it seems they're almost inviting it.
Back to top Go down
LA
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
LA

Favorite Fighter(s) : Lyoto Machida, BJ Penn, Anderson Silva, Jose Aldo

PostSubject: Re: Fedor Tap Out Deal shot down by dana.   Fedor Tap Out  Deal shot down by dana. EmptySat Jun 26, 2010 7:57 pm

This is smart business some people fail to see that
Back to top Go down
LA
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
LA

Favorite Fighter(s) : Lyoto Machida, BJ Penn, Anderson Silva, Jose Aldo

PostSubject: Re: Fedor Tap Out Deal shot down by dana.   Fedor Tap Out  Deal shot down by dana. EmptySat Jun 26, 2010 7:58 pm

Wolf any Org dumb enough to do that will end up putting themselves out of business.
Back to top Go down
Farmer1906
Gold Belt
Gold Belt
Farmer1906

PostSubject: Re: Fedor Tap Out Deal shot down by dana.   Fedor Tap Out  Deal shot down by dana. EmptySat Jun 26, 2010 8:01 pm

tolivendiewithLA wrote:
Wolf any Org dumb enough to do that will end up putting themselves out of business.

correct

This is clearly just a way to get at Fedor. He alone is the #1 draw outside of the UFC. The UFC is taking money from his pocket.

Soon enough Fedor is going to either 1, realize the UFC is where its at and get a huge payday along with a chance to cement his legacy as the greatest or 2, retire and leave the MMA leaving a few questions left unanswered. Either way it is a hell of a career, but I just feel like the UFC is doing all they can to force his hand because the harder they make his life the sooner one of these will happen.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Fedor Tap Out Deal shot down by dana.   Fedor Tap Out  Deal shot down by dana. EmptySat Jun 26, 2010 8:06 pm

Fedor's already pocketed enough money to retire, doing this only pushes him closer to hanging them up.
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

PostSubject: Re: Fedor Tap Out Deal shot down by dana.   Fedor Tap Out  Deal shot down by dana. EmptySat Jun 26, 2010 8:07 pm

Smart in the short term, sure LA. But shit like this is what keeps the UFC on lower tier cable channels like Spike and VS, and off premium channels and major network TV and why the best fighter in the sport doesn't even fight for the UFC. These brutal bully tactics of Zuffa in general is also what has station in trouble with labor harrassment.

Sometimes the UFC ownership and management feels like a drug dealer who bullies, threaten shoots and bribes enough people to make millions, buy a huge house and fancy cars. Eventually it all comes crashing down.

Quote :

Maybe, but even moderate success in stealing a few hundred thousand viewers is enough to do massive damage to the UFC's revenue. Especially on weak cards. The UFC is playing with fire in my opinion and eventually will be burned.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Fedor Tap Out Deal shot down by dana.   Fedor Tap Out  Deal shot down by dana. EmptySat Jun 26, 2010 8:07 pm

tolivendiewithLA wrote:
This is smart business some people fail to see that

It's not smart, all they're doing is trying to bully the market.
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

PostSubject: Re: Fedor Tap Out Deal shot down by dana.   Fedor Tap Out  Deal shot down by dana. EmptySat Jun 26, 2010 8:08 pm

Farmer, LA, what exactly makes the UFC immune to their 50 dollar product being counter programmed by a free one?
Back to top Go down
acccardinal12
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

PostSubject: Re: Fedor Tap Out Deal shot down by dana.   Fedor Tap Out  Deal shot down by dana. EmptySat Jun 26, 2010 8:10 pm

Wolfgangsta wrote:
4 months ago you were in full anti-Fedor "he's a chicken ducking everyone" mode. I call bullshit.

That is because he lied about himself a few times and I was pissed about it. He is still one of my favorites. Him saying it isn't about money and wanting to fight the best in the world and then not signing with the UFC was bullshit. At first I blamed DW, but after the interview that is still on mmalinker, Fedor and M-1 showed it is all about them and not fighting the best in the world. Just the best SF has to offer and growing M-1. Overeem fight next has me tamed a bit. After that we will see what happens?

I call bullshit on Fedor for what he has done the past two years. Lies and putting off fights! That is the truth whether you want to believe it or not. The facts were laid out in front of me and I had the balls to speak about them. I am a fan, whereas some of you are just blind fans who believe he isn't capable of misleading us. The only thing any of you brought to the table during that discussion was Barnett pissing dirty. Still no need to not find another opponent within a few months and not almost a year. NEG AWAY!
Back to top Go down
acccardinal12
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

PostSubject: Re: Fedor Tap Out Deal shot down by dana.   Fedor Tap Out  Deal shot down by dana. EmptySat Jun 26, 2010 8:13 pm

Wolfgangsta wrote:
Farmer, LA, what exactly makes the UFC immune to their 50 dollar product being counter programmed by a free one?

The Mole!
Back to top Go down
gomez1012
Black Belt
Black Belt
gomez1012

PostSubject: Re: Fedor Tap Out Deal shot down by dana.   Fedor Tap Out  Deal shot down by dana. EmptySat Jun 26, 2010 8:55 pm

Im with Wolf on this

SF and Showtime have that CBS connection, if they continue building their cards and audience, will end up back on CBS

And Bellator is on your local cable sports channel

WEC starting to do more PPVs, the UFC going WWF and having monthly PPVs can only be tolerated by fans for so long

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Fedor Tap Out Deal shot down by dana.   Fedor Tap Out  Deal shot down by dana. Empty

Back to top Go down

Fedor Tap Out Deal shot down by dana.
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next