Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

King Mo Lawal

Go down 
+12
MMAEYES
bobbitt15
Farmer1906
captain organic
ohiovol62
Ludo
timthebim
NoRegret
Wolfgangsta
KingsOwn19
muayjitsu
Birdofthad
16 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
captain organic
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
captain organic

King Mo Lawal - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: King Mo Lawal   King Mo Lawal - Page 2 EmptySun Apr 18, 2010 1:13 pm

timthebim wrote:
Wolfgangsta wrote:
NoRegret wrote:
Lay 'N Pray.

You are way too wigger to think this redneckly. get a grip dude.

Dude he tried to pass the guard at first but by the end of the fight he was Laying n Praying for the fight to end. I hate saying it because Im with u I hate saying a guy is stalling or Lay n Praying when they are trying and just dont know what to do on the ground but he was clearly tired and just holding on for dear life at the end.

i'll use this as my reply to wolf.
Back to top Go down
captain organic
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
captain organic

PostSubject: Re: King Mo Lawal   King Mo Lawal - Page 2 EmptySun Apr 18, 2010 1:16 pm

Wolfgangsta wrote:
King Mo's standup is already years ahead of where Kos and Rashad were this early in their careers. His head movement is good for this stage, his punches are crisp and fast, and he has awesome timing. He landed standing strikes on Mousasi from the first to the last round.

Mousasi has a beard. Mo landed some good shots on him.

I agree his standup looked good. If he didn't tire so quickly I think he could have finished him standing. He clearly had gegard's respect in that dept.
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

Favorite Fighter(s) : Conor McGregor, Machida, Jon Jones, Ronda Rousey

PostSubject: Re: King Mo Lawal   King Mo Lawal - Page 2 EmptySun Apr 18, 2010 1:18 pm

What? Mousasi was trying not to be finished by the mid point of the fight and he was the one looking to hold on.

That was not lay and pray. That was a gruelling fight.

How many fucking fights have you nutsacks watched where a wrestler is leaping into every punch in his first 5 round fight, 7 fights into his career in an active and somewhat dangerous guard player? What Mo did last night is what I'd expect from any wrestler this point in his career. That just isn't lay and pray.

It's strange how I can watch the same amount of fights as others, yet understand the sport significantly better.

Maybe what all of your opinions really are is "I don't like young wrestlers because they cannot always do serious GnP damage against good fighters, even if they try".

A. It's a more honest assessment.
B. Separates you from the MMA fans that used to wear NWO wolfpack shirts.
Back to top Go down
http://www.listentothis.org/images/fedoriishi.gif
captain organic
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
captain organic

PostSubject: Re: King Mo Lawal   King Mo Lawal - Page 2 EmptySun Apr 18, 2010 1:51 pm

Wolf whats next? Mo didn't gas? he has great stamina?
Back to top Go down
timthebim
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
timthebim

Favorite Fighter(s) : BJ PENN, JOSH KOSCHECK, SPIDER

PostSubject: Re: King Mo Lawal   King Mo Lawal - Page 2 EmptySun Apr 18, 2010 1:57 pm

Wolfgangsta wrote:
What? Mousasi was trying not to be finished by the mid point of the fight and he was the one looking to hold on.

That was not lay and pray. That was a gruelling fight.

How many fucking fights have you nutsacks watched where a wrestler is leaping into every punch in his first 5 round fight, 7 fights into his career in an active and somewhat dangerous guard player? What Mo did last night is what I'd expect from any wrestler this point in his career. That just isn't lay and pray.

It's strange how I can watch the same amount of fights as others, yet understand the sport significantly better.

Maybe what all of your opinions really are is "I don't like young wrestlers because they cannot always do serious GnP damage against good fighters, even if they try".

A. It's a more honest assessment.
B. Separates you from the MMA fans that used to wear NWO wolfpack shirts.

Wolf I think that u think my and ur opion is way off but really it isnt. I have already said that he tried to do damage on the ground and couldnt for about the 1st 3 rounds. The 4th he was dead tired and there wasnt the same effort to try to pass the guard and by the middle of the 4th and all of the 5th it was Lay n Pray time. I hate NWO also LOL.
Back to top Go down
bobbitt15
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Chael Sonnen, Michael Chandler, Jorge Masvidal, Carlos Condit

PostSubject: Re: King Mo Lawal   King Mo Lawal - Page 2 EmptySun Apr 18, 2010 2:01 pm

Lay n Pray is starting to become an overused term. It should really only be applied in extreme cirumstances when someone is doing nothing on the ground except grinding clock. Mo wasn't doing that last night. Maybe in the 5th when both of them had used about every oz of the stamina tank but that's it
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

PostSubject: Re: King Mo Lawal   King Mo Lawal - Page 2 EmptySun Apr 18, 2010 2:03 pm

captain organic wrote:
Wolf whats next? Mo didn't gas? he has great stamina?

Define lay and pray.

Then explain all the things he could have done better against Mousasi, especially considering as tiring as the fight was.

Ultimately this is my fault. Some people no matter what you say to them think a fight is LnP if the finish doesn't come from GnP. Cain vs Kongo was LnP for some people. Randy over Tim, lay and pray for some. I know it's wrong, I know I am right, but I should know that some people just can't and won't get it.
Back to top Go down
timthebim
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
timthebim

Favorite Fighter(s) : BJ PENN, JOSH KOSCHECK, SPIDER

PostSubject: Re: King Mo Lawal   King Mo Lawal - Page 2 EmptySun Apr 18, 2010 2:07 pm

bobbitt15 wrote:
Lay n Pray is starting to become an overused term. It should really only be applied in extreme cirumstances when someone is doing nothing on the ground except grinding clock. Mo wasn't doing that last night. Maybe in the 5th when both of them had used about every oz of the stamina tank but that's it

I agree 100 percent that it is starting to become way over used and I think I may have mentioned that earlier. The whole fight wasnt lay n pray just the last 7 to 8 minutes of it when Mo was definitely tired as hell. I dont think he did it to waste time as much as he was just frastrated and completely drained.
Back to top Go down
KingsOwn19
Administrator
Administrator
KingsOwn19

Favorite Fighter(s) : Lyoto Machida, BJ Penn, Anderson Silva,Dan Henderson, Emelianenko Fedor, Josh Barnett

PostSubject: Re: King Mo Lawal   King Mo Lawal - Page 2 EmptySun Apr 18, 2010 3:43 pm

King Mo emotional

Back to top Go down
muayjitsu
Purple Belt
Purple Belt
muayjitsu

Favorite Fighter(s) : Wand, Thiago Alves, BJ Penn, Cain, Vitor, Tito, SHOGUN

PostSubject: Re: King Mo Lawal   King Mo Lawal - Page 2 EmptySun Apr 18, 2010 7:32 pm

capt and bbc are becoming the worst posters on here.
Back to top Go down
Ludo
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
Ludo

Favorite Fighter(s) : The Prodigy, The Great, Viking Dahmer, The Phenom

PostSubject: Re: King Mo Lawal   King Mo Lawal - Page 2 EmptySun Apr 18, 2010 7:38 pm

muayjitsu wrote:

Dude, you have to stop saying things like this. If I agree with you one more time in one day I just might kill myself.
Back to top Go down
captain organic
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
captain organic

PostSubject: Re: King Mo Lawal   King Mo Lawal - Page 2 EmptySun Apr 18, 2010 7:49 pm

LudoCain wrote:
muayjitsu wrote:

Dude, you have to stop saying things like this. If I agree with you one more time in one day I just might kill myself.

the 2 of you are a couple corn balls
Back to top Go down
Birdofthad
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Ken shamrock, Frank Shamrock, Guy Mezger, Pete Williams, you get it Lions Den

PostSubject: Re: King Mo Lawal   King Mo Lawal - Page 2 EmptySun Apr 18, 2010 7:54 pm

cool video , happy he won
Back to top Go down
NoRegret
Red Belt
Red Belt
NoRegret

Favorite Fighter(s) : Anyone that comes to FIGHT!

PostSubject: Re: King Mo Lawal   King Mo Lawal - Page 2 EmptySun Apr 18, 2010 8:30 pm

Wolf- me and you usually agree on fight breakdowns and picking fights apart.

You got this one wrong though.

Throwing down ineffective punches with no accuracy nor power and connecting on less than 20% of them does not equate to being an active person while fighting from the top like he was.

Being active would be reigning down accurate, BIG shots, transitioning, going for possible sub attempts... i.e. staying active.

What happened in this fight was quite the opposite...Mo had ZERO sub attempts...RARELY tried to transition into better positioning, and as I previously stated only threw minimal strikes and connected on even fewer of them.

Sorry I dont buy into your BS breakdown of this fight..
Back to top Go down
NoRegret
Red Belt
Red Belt
NoRegret

PostSubject: Re: King Mo Lawal   King Mo Lawal - Page 2 EmptySun Apr 18, 2010 8:33 pm

Now, I am not discrediting Mo. He won the fight fair and square.

What he did was pry his best and only way of winning this fight. Congratulations to him.

I call it like I see it and that, my friends, was for the majority of the fight...Lay 'N Pray.
Back to top Go down
Ludo
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
Ludo

Favorite Fighter(s) : The Prodigy, The Great, Viking Dahmer, The Phenom

PostSubject: Re: King Mo Lawal   King Mo Lawal - Page 2 EmptySun Apr 18, 2010 8:45 pm

I'm not the one saying shit like "Shields would dominate Maia on the ground" and "Mo was lay 'n' praying" when neither one is the case.

"He would make outrageous claims like he invented the question mark. Sometimes, he would accuse chestnuts of being lazy. The sort of general malaise that only the genius possess and the insane lament"
Back to top Go down
captain organic
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
captain organic

PostSubject: Re: King Mo Lawal   King Mo Lawal - Page 2 EmptySun Apr 18, 2010 8:50 pm

half the board agrees with both of those thoughts.
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

PostSubject: Re: King Mo Lawal   King Mo Lawal - Page 2 EmptySun Apr 18, 2010 10:10 pm

Your definition of lay and pray is flawed. Mo was lazy at times and he admits it, but numerous times in the fight he did get busy and shell out some punishment to Mousasi. Considering Mousasi's strikes off his back, sub attempts and prior sub wins, I think Mo fought the right fight.

He could have done a lot, lot less and took a lot less risks. He actually improved and made adjustments during the fight to be more effective. Great win.
Back to top Go down
muayjitsu
Purple Belt
Purple Belt
muayjitsu

Favorite Fighter(s) : Wand, Thiago Alves, BJ Penn, Cain, Vitor, Tito, SHOGUN

PostSubject: Re: King Mo Lawal   King Mo Lawal - Page 2 EmptySun Apr 18, 2010 11:36 pm

NoRegret wrote:
Now, I am not discrediting Mo. He won the fight fair and square.

What he did was pry his best and only way of winning this fight. Congratulations to him.

I call it like I see it and that, my friends, was for the majority of the fight...Lay 'N Pray.

We have an AV bet regret! You lost so you ready for my AV.
Back to top Go down
MMAEYES
Black Belt
Black Belt
MMAEYES

Favorite Fighter(s) : BJ PENN, FEDOR, NICK DIAZ

PostSubject: Re: King Mo Lawal   King Mo Lawal - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 19, 2010 9:20 am

That didn't look like lay and pray to me. IMO Mo was very active on top. Mousasi didn't attack from his guard with subs like I thought he would. I give all the credit in the world to Mo he's changed my mind about him.
Back to top Go down
JimboJones1
Yellow Belt
Yellow Belt

PostSubject: Re: King Mo Lawal   King Mo Lawal - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 19, 2010 9:36 am

I agree with Wolf...Mo did get lazy at times, but was even holding his own on his feet. The only round he lost was the second round.
Back to top Go down
Bigs03
Black Belt
Black Belt
Bigs03

Favorite Fighter(s) : Fedor and GSP

PostSubject: Re: King Mo Lawal   King Mo Lawal - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 19, 2010 11:40 am

I've never seen someone take such a beating while in his opponent's guard. Gegard was landing great strikes from his back and doing a lot of damage to Mo. That being said, Mo showed a lot of heart and pushed through the fatigue he must have been feeling after the first couple rounds.

I thought it was a good fight. Mo did a good job of staying out of submissions and managed to avoid getting KO'd by an upkick. I wouldn't classify what Mo did as lay n pray at all. I think Gegard was too comfortable on his back. He should've done more to get back up. Maybe he thought he was winning with all the damage he was inflicting from there but that is always a bad gameplan.

Both men have great careers ahead of them. Hopefully we'll see a rematch.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

PostSubject: Re: King Mo Lawal   King Mo Lawal - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 19, 2010 11:43 am

I don't think either guy is top 10 LHW right now. I didn't have either on my list before the fight and after the fight I see nothing that would make me put them on it now. I don't think either guy can beat the top guys in the UFC, both guys still need plenty of work to hang with the big boys.
Back to top Go down
NoRegret
Red Belt
Red Belt
NoRegret

PostSubject: Re: King Mo Lawal   King Mo Lawal - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 19, 2010 4:29 pm

Bring on the av
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

PostSubject: Re: King Mo Lawal   King Mo Lawal - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 19, 2010 10:15 pm

Quote :
I don't think either guy is top 10 LHW right now. I didn't have either on my list before the fight and after the fight I see nothing that would make me put them on it now. I don't think either guy can beat the top guys in the UFC, both guys still need plenty of work to hang with the big boys.

Man do you know how bad Mousasi and Mo would smash Thiago Silva, Randy Couture and Rich Franklin at this point? You are undervaluing these fighters.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: King Mo Lawal   King Mo Lawal - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

King Mo Lawal
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next