Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

King Mo Lawal

Go down 
+12
MMAEYES
bobbitt15
Farmer1906
captain organic
ohiovol62
Ludo
timthebim
NoRegret
Wolfgangsta
KingsOwn19
muayjitsu
Birdofthad
16 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Birdofthad
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Ken shamrock, Frank Shamrock, Guy Mezger, Pete Williams, you get it Lions Den

King Mo Lawal Empty
PostSubject: King Mo Lawal   King Mo Lawal EmptySun Apr 18, 2010 1:45 am

has alot of upside

he is 29, and was no where near 100 percent tongiht and he dominated Mousasi

he has alot to learn in the guard as well, I think this fight will teach him to learn and only get better.
Back to top Go down
muayjitsu
Purple Belt
Purple Belt
muayjitsu

Favorite Fighter(s) : Wand, Thiago Alves, BJ Penn, Cain, Vitor, Tito, SHOGUN

King Mo Lawal Empty
PostSubject: Re: King Mo Lawal   King Mo Lawal EmptySun Apr 18, 2010 1:48 am

YUP where is NOREGRET he made an AV bet with me.
Back to top Go down
KingsOwn19
Administrator
Administrator
KingsOwn19

Favorite Fighter(s) : Lyoto Machida, BJ Penn, Anderson Silva,Dan Henderson, Emelianenko Fedor, Josh Barnett

King Mo Lawal Empty
PostSubject: Re: King Mo Lawal   King Mo Lawal EmptySun Apr 18, 2010 1:53 am

dominated my ass. He was socked up and kicked in the face the whole fight.

Sure he won the match. When you take down your opponent 9 times and stay on top you win, but if that was just a fight and i was on top of Mousasi the entire time and got punched and kicked nearly 100 times more than i hit him i would think i got fucked up.

Lawal is a great wrestler, a pretty good stand up fighter as well and he's still raw. Mousasi kind of fucked himself though. He was too comfortable for too long to the point he was in come back mode and i don't even know if he knew it.
Back to top Go down
muayjitsu
Purple Belt
Purple Belt
muayjitsu

King Mo Lawal Empty
PostSubject: Re: King Mo Lawal   King Mo Lawal EmptySun Apr 18, 2010 1:56 am

Hater in the house.
Back to top Go down

King Mo Lawal Empty
PostSubject: Re: King Mo Lawal   King Mo Lawal EmptySun Apr 18, 2010 1:58 am

Mousasi is young enough to bounce back from this.
Back to top Go down
muayjitsu
Purple Belt
Purple Belt
muayjitsu

King Mo Lawal Empty
PostSubject: Re: King Mo Lawal   King Mo Lawal EmptySun Apr 18, 2010 2:00 am

Ali_1748 wrote:

Agreed. Hopefully he goes and trains with some wrestlers. I never disliked him I just thought it was insane when people had him ranked at 3 on this forum. Don't doubt the KING!
Back to top Go down
Birdofthad
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Ken shamrock, Frank Shamrock, Guy Mezger, Pete Williams, you get it Lions Den

King Mo Lawal Empty
PostSubject: Re: King Mo Lawal   King Mo Lawal EmptySun Apr 18, 2010 2:06 am

KingsOwn19 wrote:

Sure he won the match. When you take down your opponent 9 times and stay on top you win, but if that was just a fight and i was on top of Mousasi the entire time and got punched and kicked nearly 100 times more than i hit him i would think i got fucked up.

Lawal is a great wrestler, a pretty good stand up fighter as well and he's still raw. Mousasi kind of fucked himself though. He was too comfortable for too long to the point he was in come back mode and i don't even know if he knew it.

Kings he dictated the entire fight from second 1 to the 25th minute that fight happened and went wherever Mo wanted it. He dominated Mousasi. Mousasi arguably won 1 round.
Back to top Go down
Birdofthad
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt

King Mo Lawal Empty
PostSubject: Re: King Mo Lawal   King Mo Lawal EmptySun Apr 18, 2010 2:07 am

Ali_1748 wrote:

definitely but we learned mr burberry umbrella is the better fighter tonight

Mo looked lost at times, and was controlling Mousasi
Back to top Go down
KingsOwn19
Administrator
Administrator
KingsOwn19

Favorite Fighter(s) : Lyoto Machida, BJ Penn, Anderson Silva,Dan Henderson, Emelianenko Fedor, Josh Barnett

King Mo Lawal Empty
PostSubject: Re: King Mo Lawal   King Mo Lawal EmptySun Apr 18, 2010 2:14 am

Birdofthad wrote:
KingsOwn19 wrote:

Kings he dictated the entire fight from second 1 to the 25th minute that fight happened and went wherever Mo wanted it. He dominated Mousasi. Mousasi arguably won 1 round.

Mo won 1,3,4,5

Mousasi easily won round 2 but throughout the fight he was not getting enough credit for his activity and clean and hard stikes landed from his back.

Muayjitsu...i love Lawal but while people put too much emphasis on cage control and dictation. I put A LOT in damage and Mousasi did a whole shitload of damage from the bottom. I'm not saying Lawal did not win the fight. He won i just don't think he dominated because if he was dictating the WHOLE fight, he would not have taken so much damage so Mousasi was doing a lot good and i would not be surprised if he thought he was winning the fight because where he usually fights damage is damage and Mousasi was doing way more damage while Lawal was just taking him down at will.
Back to top Go down
Birdofthad
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt

King Mo Lawal Empty
PostSubject: Re: King Mo Lawal   King Mo Lawal EmptySun Apr 18, 2010 2:16 am

Mo answered Mousasis chop with hard pot shots I think he was doing more damage on the ground
Back to top Go down
muayjitsu
Purple Belt
Purple Belt
muayjitsu

King Mo Lawal Empty
PostSubject: Re: King Mo Lawal   King Mo Lawal EmptySun Apr 18, 2010 2:19 am

KingsOwn19 wrote:
Birdofthad wrote:
KingsOwn19 wrote:

Mo won 1,3,4,5

Mousasi easily won round 2 but throughout the fight he was not getting enough credit for his activity and clean and hard stikes landed from his back.

Muayjitsu...i love Lawal but while people put too much emphasis on cage control and dictation. I put A LOT in damage and Mousasi did a whole shitload of damage from the bottom. I'm not saying Lawal did not win the fight. He won i just don't think he dominated because if he was dictating the WHOLE fight, he would not have taken so much damage so Mousasi was doing a lot good and i would not be surprised if he thought he was winning the fight because where he usually fights damage is damage and Mousasi was doing way more damage while Lawal was just taking him down at will.

Oh ok I agree with your points. I don't think he dominated either. It was the tone of the first post that made me think you were trying to discredit Lawal.
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

Favorite Fighter(s) : Conor McGregor, Machida, Jon Jones, Ronda Rousey

King Mo Lawal Empty
PostSubject: Re: King Mo Lawal   King Mo Lawal EmptySun Apr 18, 2010 2:24 am

The fight was dominating on Mo's part late. Mo was landing some heavy strikes and there were a couple times things looked very bad for Mousasi. The upkicks did their damage and Mo took some hard standing blows, but most of those strikes off the back were just not as damaging as the GnP Mo was dishing out around the mid point of the fight and beyond.
Back to top Go down
http://www.listentothis.org/images/fedoriishi.gif
Birdofthad
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt

King Mo Lawal Empty
PostSubject: Re: King Mo Lawal   King Mo Lawal EmptySun Apr 18, 2010 2:26 am

exactly wolf
Back to top Go down
NoRegret
Red Belt
Red Belt
NoRegret

Favorite Fighter(s) : Anyone that comes to FIGHT!

King Mo Lawal Empty
PostSubject: Re: King Mo Lawal   King Mo Lawal EmptySun Apr 18, 2010 7:58 am

Lay 'N Pray.
Back to top Go down
timthebim
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
timthebim

Favorite Fighter(s) : BJ PENN, JOSH KOSCHECK, SPIDER

King Mo Lawal Empty
PostSubject: Re: King Mo Lawal   King Mo Lawal EmptySun Apr 18, 2010 9:38 am

NoRegret wrote:
Lay 'N Pray.

Yeah I agree that alot of Mo on the top was Lay N Pray. Both fighters were gassed and Mousasi never really even tried to stop the takedowns. Mo clearly won the fight but Mousasi didnt put up much resistence either. They both have great futures in the sport though and eventually may run into each other again.
Back to top Go down
Ludo
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
Ludo

Favorite Fighter(s) : The Prodigy, The Great, Viking Dahmer, The Phenom

King Mo Lawal Empty
PostSubject: Re: King Mo Lawal   King Mo Lawal EmptySun Apr 18, 2010 10:47 am

I guess Mousassi didn't get the memo that he was fighting last night.
Back to top Go down
ohiovol62
Purple Belt
Purple Belt
ohiovol62

Favorite Fighter(s) : Sakuraba, Fedor, GSP, and Big Nog

King Mo Lawal Empty
PostSubject: Re: King Mo Lawal   King Mo Lawal EmptySun Apr 18, 2010 10:50 am

NoRegret wrote:
Lay 'N Pray.

Why do I agree with Regret? Lay 'N Pray Lawal is what I'm calling him from now on
Back to top Go down
captain organic
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
captain organic

King Mo Lawal Empty
PostSubject: Re: King Mo Lawal   King Mo Lawal EmptySun Apr 18, 2010 11:05 am

that was def lay'n pray, but I contribute that to Mo gassing after rd 1, (and gegard's excellent gaurd).

since when do wrestlers gas that early? I thought conditioning was a given with those guys.

But Mo has upside, no doubt,
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

King Mo Lawal Empty
PostSubject: Re: King Mo Lawal   King Mo Lawal EmptySun Apr 18, 2010 12:50 pm

Note - anyone who wants to act redneck-MMA-fan dumb enough to call what happened last night lay and pray will get 100% of my wrath upon any subsequent mentionings of it.

Educated MMA fan saw ; A still learning Mo doing the best he could to try and pass and launch strikes and ground and pound, improving his GnP as the fight progressed inside a very active, experienced and pesky guard of Mousasi. Educated MMA fan also realizes that many wrestlers get labelled "lay and pray" by annoying dipshits early in their career when wrestling is still their only primary skill, and educated fan doesn't just watch MMA for the sloppy wrestler slugfests.

Drunken redneck moron fan saw ; Mo lay and praying. He didn't want to finish the fight. He layed on him. He sucks. He's a darkie too. I have bad credit. I drink budweiser. My wife is really fucking fat and slurps down 100 ounces of fountain pop a day. Shoot me in the face.

I understand this type of nagging thinking plagued the careers of Koscheck, Maynard, Evans and other wrestlers for years, and pollutes sewers like sherdog, but I'd at least like to think ninjasplace is a higher grade of fan over all.

Don't prove me wrong guys.
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

King Mo Lawal Empty
PostSubject: Re: King Mo Lawal   King Mo Lawal EmptySun Apr 18, 2010 12:52 pm

NoRegret wrote:
Lay 'N Pray.

You are way too wigger to think this redneckly. get a grip dude.
Back to top Go down
Farmer1906
Gold Belt
Gold Belt
Farmer1906

Favorite Fighter(s) : Griffin, Franklin, Hendo, Sonnen, Wand, Lawler, Belfort, Pettis, Aldo, Mousasi

King Mo Lawal Empty
PostSubject: Re: King Mo Lawal   King Mo Lawal EmptySun Apr 18, 2010 12:54 pm

He reminds me of Kos before he developing a standup game.
Back to top Go down
captain organic
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
captain organic

King Mo Lawal Empty
PostSubject: Re: King Mo Lawal   King Mo Lawal EmptySun Apr 18, 2010 1:01 pm

wolf he 100% lay'd and pray'd, contribute it to whatever, gegard's gaurd, Mo gassing(I've already mentioned both of these) or Mo's inexperience, but that was lay n' pray.

and keep that red neck/racist garbage out of any reply to my post.
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

King Mo Lawal Empty
PostSubject: Re: King Mo Lawal   King Mo Lawal EmptySun Apr 18, 2010 1:01 pm

King Mo's standup is already years ahead of where Kos and Rashad were this early in their careers. His head movement is good for this stage, his punches are crisp and fast, and he has awesome timing. He landed standing strikes on Mousasi from the first to the last round.

Mousasi has a beard. Mo landed some good shots on him.
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

King Mo Lawal Empty
PostSubject: Re: King Mo Lawal   King Mo Lawal EmptySun Apr 18, 2010 1:07 pm

captain are you on a perscription for erectile dysfunction that causes completely knuckleheaddery as a side effect? Mousasi was warned three or four times to start defending himself as the fight progressed, and Mo nearly stopped him at one point. He was constantly working. Just because Mousasi has good ground defense does not make it lay and pray.

Do you know what that even means? Lay and Pray is when you take someone down and do nothing, looking to ride a decision out. Mo was trying and working to finish and fight the whole time.

You should be smarter than that dumb shit. When a fighter is somewhat nuturalised on top by a skilled fighter off his back the great unwashed boo and call it lay and pray. Do not, I repeat, do not, put yourself in the same category as that horrific uneducated Tennessee crowd last night.
Back to top Go down
timthebim
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
timthebim

Favorite Fighter(s) : BJ PENN, JOSH KOSCHECK, SPIDER

King Mo Lawal Empty
PostSubject: Re: King Mo Lawal   King Mo Lawal EmptySun Apr 18, 2010 1:10 pm

Wolfgangsta wrote:
NoRegret wrote:
Lay 'N Pray.

You are way too wigger to think this redneckly. get a grip dude.

Dude he tried to pass the guard at first but by the end of the fight he was Laying n Praying for the fight to end. I hate saying it because Im with u I hate saying a guy is stalling or Lay n Praying when they are trying and just dont know what to do on the ground but he was clearly tired and just holding on for dear life at the end.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

King Mo Lawal Empty
PostSubject: Re: King Mo Lawal   King Mo Lawal Empty

Back to top Go down

King Mo Lawal
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next