Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Sorry guys but I have to bring it up....

Go down 
+5
muayjitsu
Ninja
OU
Wolfgangsta
Ziggy116
9 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Jruq
Green Belt
Green Belt
Jruq

Sorry guys but I have to bring it up.... - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sorry guys but I have to bring it up....   Sorry guys but I have to bring it up.... - Page 2 EmptyTue Jul 28, 2009 2:00 pm

Hey Ziggy, I think you missed the part where I said he should have kept his mouth shut and that it was a mistake. I think you could disagree more.
The facts he got were from his friend and obviously a little slanted, because Gates felt like he was wronged for being "harassed" by the cops in his own home.

The cop was right to investigate and get ID I wasn't arguing that.. but they once they verified who he was, they could have just walked away instead of hanging around to arrest the pissed off guy asking for their badge numbers. Whatever, they were both at fault imo.
Back to top Go down
hasudinxx
White Belt
White Belt
hasudinxx

Favorite Fighter(s) : PAULO THIAGO

PostSubject: Re: Sorry guys but I have to bring it up....   Sorry guys but I have to bring it up.... - Page 2 EmptyTue Aug 04, 2009 6:49 pm

Hey ziggy you need to stop watching fox news
Back to top Go down
joshkellerseattle
Orange Belt
Orange Belt
joshkellerseattle

Favorite Fighter(s) : Machida, GSP, Randy

PostSubject: Re: Sorry guys but I have to bring it up....   Sorry guys but I have to bring it up.... - Page 2 EmptyTue Aug 04, 2009 7:31 pm

I've been debating this point endlessly in another forum, but the fact of the matter is once the cop verified ID and realized it was Gates house...quit being a fuckwad and messing with the guy!

You stayed around because he was being "disrespectful"? No shit, wouldn't YOU be disrespectful if a cop came into your own home and tried to arrest you for trespass?

As soon as ID was verified, say sorry, turn around and leave. End of altercation.
Instead, I'm pretty sure this cop wanted to be a cop about it and got his mustache out of whack.
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

Favorite Fighter(s) : Conor McGregor, Machida, Jon Jones, Ronda Rousey

PostSubject: Re: Sorry guys but I have to bring it up....   Sorry guys but I have to bring it up.... - Page 2 EmptyTue Aug 04, 2009 8:11 pm

Do we know what happened? The cops story is that the guy wouldn't give his ID. And just because it's your house, and your black and some hot shot nigga professor, doesn't give you the right to be disorderly.
Back to top Go down
http://www.listentothis.org/images/fedoriishi.gif
Cu Bu
Black Belt
Black Belt
Cu Bu

Favorite Fighter(s) : AXE MURDERER

PostSubject: Re: Sorry guys but I have to bring it up....   Sorry guys but I have to bring it up.... - Page 2 EmptyTue Aug 04, 2009 10:35 pm

Its kind of Ironic in a sense that a liberal prof who supports the current administration is actually infuriated by invasion of privacy.
Back to top Go down
Jruq
Green Belt
Green Belt
Jruq

PostSubject: Re: Sorry guys but I have to bring it up....   Sorry guys but I have to bring it up.... - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 05, 2009 12:27 am

Wolfgangsta wrote:
Do we know what happened? The cops story is that the guy wouldn't give his ID. And just because it's your house, and your black and some hot shot nigga professor, doesn't give you the right to be disorderly.
Giving the cops an attitude, while dumb, is not against the law - who knows what really happened, but they both should have walked away.
Gates wanted to take the cop to task for harassing him in his house and the cop could have left once he realized there was no crime, but he hung around the nutty professor and then arrested him. They were both wrong.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Sorry guys but I have to bring it up....   Sorry guys but I have to bring it up.... - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Sorry guys but I have to bring it up....
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2