Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Does Lashley bring the same........

Go down 
+3
EliteAcidBurn
joshkellerseattle
captain organic
7 posters
AuthorMessage
captain organic
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
captain organic

Does Lashley bring the same........ Empty
PostSubject: Does Lashley bring the same........   Does Lashley bring the same........ EmptyTue Aug 04, 2009 7:20 pm

WWE name recognition as Brock? I don't see him developing into the MMA guy that Brock has, but would lashley draw viewers at a comparable rate?
Back to top Go down
joshkellerseattle
Orange Belt
Orange Belt
joshkellerseattle

Favorite Fighter(s) : Machida, GSP, Randy

PostSubject: Re: Does Lashley bring the same........   Does Lashley bring the same........ EmptyTue Aug 04, 2009 7:22 pm

No, not at all. It's not WWE fans that buy PPVs for Brock, it's UFC fans that buy PPVs for Brock.

Lashley was never really a top star anyway. At this point, he has just as much press from MMA as he ever did from WWE, if not more.
Back to top Go down
EliteAcidBurn
Green Belt
Green Belt
EliteAcidBurn

Favorite Fighter(s) : GSP

PostSubject: Re: Does Lashley bring the same........   Does Lashley bring the same........ EmptyTue Aug 04, 2009 7:28 pm

YEA NOT EVEN CLOSE
Back to top Go down
KingsOwn19
Administrator
Administrator
KingsOwn19

Favorite Fighter(s) : Lyoto Machida, BJ Penn, Anderson Silva,Dan Henderson, Emelianenko Fedor, Josh Barnett

PostSubject: Re: Does Lashley bring the same........   Does Lashley bring the same........ EmptyTue Aug 04, 2009 7:49 pm

To be fair Brock Lesnar was never really that huge of a star in WWE. Their fans bought him as a monster but he was never a big star. They loved him cause of his look, as you would expect Vince McMahon would and they put him in main events, but i was watching then and he was not that over with the fans. He was nowhere near the star level of Stone Cold, Rock, or even guys like HHH. His popularity with wrestling fans started rising when he started having success in MMA because they felt he somewhat represented pro wrestlers. Im not saying he was a nobody but i think if Lashley continues to have success, he would get huge hype from wrestling fans and from media as another pro wrestler who gets it done. Remember though, most wrestling fans are casual MMA fans, so they only know UFC. If Lashley is in UFC he will get just as much buzz as Brock does, maybe even more since he would be coming in with a far more impressive record then Brock did coming in. Say what you want about Lashley's opponents. It beats the crap out of who Brock beat to get a fight with Mir, and get a #1 contenders fight after losing to Mir, which i still don't understand from an integrity standpoint.
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

Favorite Fighter(s) : Conor McGregor, Machida, Jon Jones, Ronda Rousey

PostSubject: Re: Does Lashley bring the same........   Does Lashley bring the same........ EmptyTue Aug 04, 2009 7:56 pm

I nominate KingsOwn as the second best poster here behind me.
Back to top Go down
http://www.listentothis.org/images/fedoriishi.gif
captain organic
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
captain organic

PostSubject: Re: Does Lashley bring the same........   Does Lashley bring the same........ EmptyTue Aug 04, 2009 7:58 pm

KingsOwn19 wrote:
To be fair Brock Lesnar was never really that huge of a star in WWE. Their fans bought him as a monster but he was never a big star. They loved him cause of his look, as you would expect Vince McMahon would and they put him in main events, but i was watching then and he was not that over with the fans. He was nowhere near the star level of Stone Cold, Rock, or even guys like HHH. His popularity with wrestling fans started rising when he started having success in MMA because they felt he somewhat represented pro wrestlers. Im not saying he was a nobody but i think if Lashley continues to have success, he would get huge hype from wrestling fans and from media as another pro wrestler who gets it done. Remember though, most wrestling fans are casual MMA fans, so they only know UFC. If Lashley is in UFC he will get just as much buzz as Brock does, maybe even more since he would be coming in with a far more impressive record then Brock did coming in. Say what you want about Lashley's opponents. It beats the crap out of who Brock beat to get a fight with Mir, and get a #1 contenders fight after losing to Mir, which i still don't understand from an integrity standpoint.

So if Lashley were on a CBS card, would you expect a major WWE fan turnout?
Back to top Go down
KingsOwn19
Administrator
Administrator
KingsOwn19

Favorite Fighter(s) : Lyoto Machida, BJ Penn, Anderson Silva,Dan Henderson, Emelianenko Fedor, Josh Barnett

PostSubject: Re: Does Lashley bring the same........   Does Lashley bring the same........ EmptyTue Aug 04, 2009 8:28 pm

captain organic wrote:
KingsOwn19 wrote:

Absolutley. Not to mention he wrestles for TNA Wrestling on Spike and they are promoting his fights on UFC's channel. I bet Zuffa would have something to say to Spike about that if TNA was pushing Strikeforce events...but regardless, a free card on national TV with Bobby Lashley on it will give Strikeforce some attention from WWE fans. Im not sure you want to build your first big success on a pro wrestler who may or may not be for real though, it can turn out bad.
Back to top Go down
KingsOwn19
Administrator
Administrator
KingsOwn19

PostSubject: Re: Does Lashley bring the same........   Does Lashley bring the same........ EmptyTue Aug 04, 2009 8:34 pm

Wolfgangsta wrote:
I nominate KingsOwn as the second best poster here behind me.

cheers Gracias
Back to top Go down
captain organic
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
captain organic

PostSubject: Re: Does Lashley bring the same........   Does Lashley bring the same........ EmptyTue Aug 04, 2009 9:05 pm

KingsOwn19 wrote:
captain organic wrote:
KingsOwn19 wrote:

Absolutley. Not to mention he wrestles for TNA Wrestling on Spike and they are promoting his fights on UFC's channel. I bet Zuffa would have something to say to Spike about that if TNA was pushing Strikeforce events...but regardless, a free card on national TV with Bobby Lashley on it will give Strikeforce some attention from WWE fans. Im not sure you want to build your first big success on a pro wrestler who may or may not be for real though, it can turn out bad.

Im not saying he headline an event, but fighting as a 3rd or 4th fight, he could prove pretty valuable.

Does anyone know what his current per fight pay is?
Back to top Go down
JerseyStyle
Orange Belt
Orange Belt

PostSubject: Re: Does Lashley bring the same........   Does Lashley bring the same........ EmptyTue Aug 04, 2009 9:08 pm

Quote :
Say what you want about Lashley's opponents. It beats the crap out of who Brock beat

Do you really think Sapp , Guida , Josh Franklin and cook are better then , Randy , Heath and Mir ?

Lets remember Guida went all three rounds with him. I do not think his opponents are any where near Brocks.
Back to top Go down
KingsOwn19
Administrator
Administrator
KingsOwn19

PostSubject: Re: Does Lashley bring the same........   Does Lashley bring the same........ EmptyTue Aug 04, 2009 9:09 pm

JerseyStyle wrote:
Quote :
Say what you want about Lashley's opponents. It beats the crap out of who Brock beat

Do you really think Sapp , Guida , Josh Franklin and cook are better then , Randy , Heath and Mir ?

Lets remember Guida went all three rounds with him. I do not think he opponents are any where near Brocks.

That's not what i said. Go back and read it again and don't stop after "...who Brock beat" this time.
Back to top Go down
JerseyStyle
Orange Belt
Orange Belt

PostSubject: Re: Does Lashley bring the same........   Does Lashley bring the same........ EmptyTue Aug 04, 2009 9:11 pm

My bad I did read it wrong
Back to top Go down
muayjitsu
Purple Belt
Purple Belt
muayjitsu

Favorite Fighter(s) : Wand, Thiago Alves, BJ Penn, Cain, Vitor, Tito, SHOGUN

PostSubject: Re: Does Lashley bring the same........   Does Lashley bring the same........ EmptyWed Aug 05, 2009 2:59 am

Lashley at least is not a mental midget.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Does Lashley bring the same........   Does Lashley bring the same........ Empty

Back to top Go down

Does Lashley bring the same........
Page 1 of 1