Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Brian Bowles Broken hand

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
muayjitsu
Purple Belt
Purple Belt
muayjitsu

Favorite Fighter(s) : Wand, Thiago Alves, BJ Penn, Cain, Vitor, Tito, SHOGUN

Brian Bowles Broken hand Empty
PostSubject: Brian Bowles Broken hand   Brian Bowles Broken hand EmptyMon Mar 08, 2010 2:20 pm

http://www.mmabay.co.uk/Story%20A%2001019.html

Regular swelling nothing special.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

PostSubject: Re: Brian Bowles Broken hand   Brian Bowles Broken hand EmptyMon Mar 08, 2010 2:24 pm

looks pretty swollen
Back to top Go down
muayjitsu
Purple Belt
Purple Belt
muayjitsu

PostSubject: Re: Brian Bowles Broken hand   Brian Bowles Broken hand EmptyMon Mar 08, 2010 2:37 pm

Thats what happens when you break your hand its not abnormal swelling. It looks like he didn't break the his middle metacarpals which is a lot worse. I hope he rests it properly this time.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

PostSubject: Re: Brian Bowles Broken hand   Brian Bowles Broken hand EmptyMon Mar 08, 2010 2:40 pm

muayjitsu wrote:
Thats what happens when you break your hand its not abnormal swelling. It looks like he didn't break the his middle metacarpals which is a lot worse. I hope he rests it properly this time.

I thought you were implying that it wasn't that bad, like he shouldn't have stopped the fight.
Back to top Go down
muayjitsu
Purple Belt
Purple Belt
muayjitsu

PostSubject: Re: Brian Bowles Broken hand   Brian Bowles Broken hand EmptyMon Mar 08, 2010 2:44 pm

I am surprised the fight was stopped. It showed me that his hand was really on his mind prefight because when your in a fight with adrenaline going through you can fight through it or even not notice sometimes. It is a broken hand but it does not look like a bad broken hand (as long as it isn't a spiral fracture).
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

Favorite Fighter(s) : Conor McGregor, Machida, Jon Jones, Ronda Rousey

PostSubject: Re: Brian Bowles Broken hand   Brian Bowles Broken hand EmptyMon Mar 08, 2010 9:59 pm

Yo I am sure he felt it pop.

The doctor stopped it when they found out he had a break.
Back to top Go down
http://www.listentothis.org/images/fedoriishi.gif
muayjitsu
Purple Belt
Purple Belt
muayjitsu

PostSubject: Re: Brian Bowles Broken hand   Brian Bowles Broken hand EmptyMon Mar 08, 2010 10:07 pm

Wolfgangsta wrote:

Doctors do not check things like this unless they are asked to, so he wanted that fight to stop.
Back to top Go down
thessy11
Orange Belt
Orange Belt

PostSubject: Re: Brian Bowles Broken hand   Brian Bowles Broken hand EmptyMon Mar 08, 2010 10:24 pm

muayjitsu wrote:
Wolfgangsta wrote:

Doctors do not check things like this unless they are asked to, so he wanted that fight to stop.

I don't think they would check it completely at random, but it's a different situation when you're favoring the hand, audibly mention it to your corner (probably in earshout of the doctor or some official who alerts the doctor), and recently recovered from a similar injury that occurred in your last fight. You're also implying that he personally asked the doctor to check it or that it was his idea when you say "he wanted that fight to stop". Harsh man Razz
Back to top Go down
muayjitsu
Purple Belt
Purple Belt
muayjitsu

PostSubject: Re: Brian Bowles Broken hand   Brian Bowles Broken hand EmptyMon Mar 08, 2010 10:28 pm

It kind of has me confused. I hate to accuse him of that, but fighters fight with broken hands very often in boxing and in MMA so often. If you just tell the doc I am good to fight on he will allow it. I mean they will not unwrap your hands until the fight is complete. It is harsh, but just watch the post fight conference and see what Cruz says about the fight and I guarantee most fighters feel the same way he does.
Back to top Go down
Birdofthad
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Ken shamrock, Frank Shamrock, Guy Mezger, Pete Williams, you get it Lions Den

PostSubject: Re: Brian Bowles Broken hand   Brian Bowles Broken hand EmptyMon Mar 08, 2010 10:39 pm

not his hand

afro
Back to top Go down
muayjitsu
Purple Belt
Purple Belt
muayjitsu

PostSubject: Re: Brian Bowles Broken hand   Brian Bowles Broken hand EmptyMon Mar 08, 2010 10:44 pm

Most people involved in combat sports have broken their hand or dislocated a finger. I have experience in the broken hand section but hey some people are bigger wimps then others.
Back to top Go down
Birdofthad
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Ken shamrock, Frank Shamrock, Guy Mezger, Pete Williams, you get it Lions Den

PostSubject: Re: Brian Bowles Broken hand   Brian Bowles Broken hand EmptyMon Mar 08, 2010 10:47 pm

muayjitsu wrote:
Most people involved in combat sports have broken their hand or dislocated a finger. I have experience in the broken hand section but hey some people are bigger wimps then others.

I dont want to say anyhting negative about a fighter, but ...................... ugh...............giving up your title wiht a broken hand?

yikes
Back to top Go down
muayjitsu
Purple Belt
Purple Belt
muayjitsu

PostSubject: Re: Brian Bowles Broken hand   Brian Bowles Broken hand EmptyMon Mar 08, 2010 10:51 pm

What I am saying is I don't want to be over judgmental but this is just what it looks like. Bird if Tito said he was not coming back out after a round due to a broke hand you probably would say the same thing I am. Bowles is a likable guy and nobody wants to come out and say he quit. But like I said from what I got looking at the fight....he quit(he still seems like a nice guy).
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

Favorite Fighter(s) : Conor McGregor, Machida, Jon Jones, Ronda Rousey

PostSubject: Re: Brian Bowles Broken hand   Brian Bowles Broken hand EmptyTue Mar 09, 2010 12:16 am

He was worried about his career. Notice though, he through more with that hand than Faber did with his injured hands and harder. Brian doesn't have knees and some of the stuff Urijah has. His whole submission game is predicated on arm and hand strength being there too.

I guess he "quit" but I don't see the problem with accepting defeat with a broken hand, especially in his case with the injury just getting healed.
Back to top Go down
http://www.listentothis.org/images/fedoriishi.gif
Birdofthad
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt

PostSubject: Re: Brian Bowles Broken hand   Brian Bowles Broken hand EmptyTue Mar 09, 2010 12:47 am

muayjitsu wrote:
What I am saying is I don't want to be over judgmental but this is just what it looks like. Bird if Tito said he was not coming back out after a round due to a broke hand you probably would say the same thing I am. Bowles is a likable guy and nobody wants to come out and say he quit. But like I said from what I got looking at the fight....he quit(he still seems like a nice guy).

He had a Victor Ortiz moment

Not trying to knock Bowles, but Faber broke both and went 5, Im sure it hurt like a bitch, but the hands supposed to numb up so I dont know if I really believe the first punch thing, kind of like the Ali broken jaw thing verse Norton
Back to top Go down
muayjitsu
Purple Belt
Purple Belt
muayjitsu

PostSubject: Re: Brian Bowles Broken hand   Brian Bowles Broken hand EmptyTue Mar 09, 2010 5:54 pm

You may be right Wolf but in the midst of fights I can imagine saying I am done. You never know what the future holds so to say hey I will get another chance is not a given. I say live in the moment and see what you can achieve.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Brian Bowles Broken hand   Brian Bowles Broken hand Empty

Back to top Go down

Brian Bowles Broken hand
Page 1 of 1