Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Lyoto to have surgery on broken hand

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
KingsOwn19
Administrator
Administrator
KingsOwn19

Favorite Fighter(s) : Lyoto Machida, BJ Penn, Anderson Silva,Dan Henderson, Emelianenko Fedor, Josh Barnett

Lyoto to have surgery on broken hand Empty
PostSubject: Lyoto to have surgery on broken hand   Lyoto to have surgery on broken hand EmptySat Oct 31, 2009 3:41 am

http://sports.yahoo.com/mma/news?slug=dm-mmappd103009&prov=yhoo&type=lgns

So, 108 is not likely for the rematch. Oh and Meltzer said they were fighting for the middleweight championship...dumbass.

I'll say it first so nobody else wastes the bandwidth....Machida is ducking Shogun by having this broken hand.
Back to top Go down
chorky777
Purple Belt
Purple Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Weidman, McGregor, Pettis, Cowboy

PostSubject: Re: Lyoto to have surgery on broken hand   Lyoto to have surgery on broken hand EmptySat Oct 31, 2009 6:49 am

Where the fuck did Machida break his hand? Was it on a punch to Shogun's elbow?
Back to top Go down
KingsOwn19
Administrator
Administrator
KingsOwn19

Favorite Fighter(s) : Lyoto Machida, BJ Penn, Anderson Silva,Dan Henderson, Emelianenko Fedor, Josh Barnett

PostSubject: Re: Lyoto to have surgery on broken hand   Lyoto to have surgery on broken hand EmptySat Oct 31, 2009 2:34 pm

Maybe he did not get hurt in that fight?
Back to top Go down
Ludo
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
Ludo

Favorite Fighter(s) : The Prodigy, The Great, Viking Dahmer, The Phenom

PostSubject: Re: Lyoto to have surgery on broken hand   Lyoto to have surgery on broken hand EmptySat Oct 31, 2009 2:39 pm

chorky777 wrote:
Where the fuck did Machida break his hand? Was it on a punch to Shogun's elbow?

It may actually have been in your own GIF there Chorky. Notice how he looks almost like he misses Rua's chin flush and then he stuffs the takedown, spins out, and looks like he's going to throw a punch but catches himself and starts to back away again.
Back to top Go down
captain organic
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
captain organic

PostSubject: Re: Lyoto to have surgery on broken hand   Lyoto to have surgery on broken hand EmptySat Oct 31, 2009 7:20 pm

a hurt hand would def provide explanation as to why Machida didn't not throw at an obviously prone rua in that gif.
Back to top Go down
boomer sooner
Purple Belt
Purple Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Lyoto Machida, since way back

PostSubject: Re: Lyoto to have surgery on broken hand   Lyoto to have surgery on broken hand EmptySun Nov 01, 2009 12:32 am

I guarentee that Lyoto is not ducking Rua, in fact he probably once another crack at him with a fresh game plan. At this level, nobody is scared of anyone -- it drives me nuts to hear that kind of talk.

I was telling my friends throughout the fight that Lyoto was going to break his hand throwing punches to the top of Rua's head -- Rua would lower his head everytime Lyoto came in with telegraphed punches. It happens all the time in boxing and MMA.
Back to top Go down
chorky777
Purple Belt
Purple Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Weidman, McGregor, Pettis, Cowboy

PostSubject: Re: Lyoto to have surgery on broken hand   Lyoto to have surgery on broken hand EmptySun Nov 01, 2009 4:39 pm

boomer sooner wrote:
I guarentee that Lyoto is not ducking Rua, in fact he probably once another crack at him with a fresh game plan. At this level, nobody is scared of anyone -- it drives me nuts to hear that kind of talk.

I was telling my friends throughout the fight that Lyoto was going to break his hand throwing punches to the top of Rua's head -- Rua would lower his head everytime Lyoto came in with telegraphed punches. It happens all the time in boxing and MMA.

I think the ducking Shogun thing was a joke. But turns out the surgery is for preexisting bonespurs, not from a specific break during this fight.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Lyoto to have surgery on broken hand   Lyoto to have surgery on broken hand Empty

Back to top Go down

Lyoto to have surgery on broken hand
Page 1 of 1