Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Urijah Faber vs Brian Bowles at 139

Go down 
+6
LA
killerofchicken
Ludo
captain organic
GDPofDRC
bobbitt15
10 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
bobbitt15
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Chael Sonnen, Michael Chandler, Jorge Masvidal, Carlos Condit

Urijah Faber vs Brian Bowles at 139 Empty
PostSubject: Urijah Faber vs Brian Bowles at 139   Urijah Faber vs Brian Bowles at 139 EmptyThu Jul 21, 2011 10:15 pm

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Urijah Faber vs Brian Bowles at 139   Urijah Faber vs Brian Bowles at 139 EmptyThu Jul 21, 2011 11:10 pm

Wow, Bowles coming of a loss. Would've liked Faber to get Torres.
Back to top Go down
bobbitt15
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Chael Sonnen, Michael Chandler, Jorge Masvidal, Carlos Condit

PostSubject: Re: Urijah Faber vs Brian Bowles at 139   Urijah Faber vs Brian Bowles at 139 EmptyThu Jul 21, 2011 11:13 pm

This is a good fight and an obvious #1 contender match. I think they probably want to give Torres a win or 2 since he lost his last one (that he should've won in my book)
Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

Favorite Fighter(s) : Shogun, Fedor, Wand, Saku, Hendo, BJ, Bas, Cain, Mike Vallely

PostSubject: Re: Urijah Faber vs Brian Bowles at 139   Urijah Faber vs Brian Bowles at 139 EmptyThu Jul 21, 2011 11:23 pm

This should be a good one unless they break all of their hands.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/v/skCV2L0c6K0
captain organic
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
captain organic

PostSubject: Re: Urijah Faber vs Brian Bowles at 139   Urijah Faber vs Brian Bowles at 139 EmptyThu Jul 21, 2011 11:49 pm

Given that Bowles lost the title via broken hand vs Cruz, they sure are making him take a long road back to a title fight.

Faber on the other hand needs a win in the worst way. Otherwise he cements himself as a notch below the top guys.
Back to top Go down
Ludo
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
Ludo

Favorite Fighter(s) : The Prodigy, The Great, Viking Dahmer, The Phenom

PostSubject: Re: Urijah Faber vs Brian Bowles at 139   Urijah Faber vs Brian Bowles at 139 EmptyFri Jul 22, 2011 12:14 am

I don't know about that. Urijah hung with Cruz better than anyone else has so far. I think it's safe to say he's elite at 135lbs for the foreseeable future.
Back to top Go down
captain organic
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
captain organic

PostSubject: Re: Urijah Faber vs Brian Bowles at 139   Urijah Faber vs Brian Bowles at 139 EmptyFri Jul 22, 2011 12:20 am

Ludo wrote:
I don't know about that. Urijah hung with Cruz better than anyone else has so far. I think it's safe to say he's elite at 135lbs for the foreseeable future.
fair, and I have not seen that fight, so Im speaking from ignorance to an extent, but Faber has been losing every big fight since Pulver in 2008.
Back to top Go down
Ludo
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
Ludo

PostSubject: Re: Urijah Faber vs Brian Bowles at 139   Urijah Faber vs Brian Bowles at 139 EmptyFri Jul 22, 2011 12:31 am

Well you can look at it that way but lets look at who he was fighting. He got "caught" by Brown the first time and then spent 3 full rounds with two broken hands and still almost finished the fight on the ground. Then he just flat out wasn't fast enough for Aldo. But between those fights he destroyed Pulver and Assuncao, then almost killed Mizugaki with a choke and beat the holy hell out of Eddie Wineland for two rounds.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Urijah Faber vs Brian Bowles at 139   Urijah Faber vs Brian Bowles at 139 EmptyFri Jul 22, 2011 12:36 am

Faber is top 3 at Bantamweight. He'd be borderline top 5 at FW though.
Back to top Go down
killerofchicken
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
killerofchicken

Favorite Fighter(s) : Mauricio Shogun Rua, BJ Penn, AXE MURDERER,Fedor, CroCop, Vitor Belfort, JDS

PostSubject: Re: Urijah Faber vs Brian Bowles at 139   Urijah Faber vs Brian Bowles at 139 EmptyFri Jul 22, 2011 12:46 am

freakzilla wrote:
Bowles coming off a loss?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brian_Bowles_(fighter)
Back to top Go down
captain organic
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
captain organic

PostSubject: Re: Urijah Faber vs Brian Bowles at 139   Urijah Faber vs Brian Bowles at 139 EmptyFri Jul 22, 2011 12:51 am

killerofchicken wrote:
freakzilla wrote:

I think he meant "wow, faber coming off a loss, gets to fight a guy like Bowles who is coming off 2 straight wins"
Back to top Go down
captain organic
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
captain organic

PostSubject: Re: Urijah Faber vs Brian Bowles at 139   Urijah Faber vs Brian Bowles at 139 EmptyFri Jul 22, 2011 12:53 am

Ludo wrote:
Well you can look at it that way but lets look at who he was fighting. He got "caught" by Brown the first time and then spent 3 full rounds with two broken hands and still almost finished the fight on the ground. Then he just flat out wasn't fast enough for Aldo. But between those fights he destroyed Pulver and Assuncao, then almost killed Mizugaki with a choke and beat the holy hell out of Eddie Wineland for two rounds.

I totally agree with the MTB fights. But still he lost. Then got his ass kicked vs Aldo, then lost to cruz. wineland, Mizugaki, assuncao? these are not big time wins.

bowles would be a very nice win. But yet another loss would hurt.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Urijah Faber vs Brian Bowles at 139   Urijah Faber vs Brian Bowles at 139 EmptyFri Jul 22, 2011 1:07 am

captain organic wrote:
killerofchicken wrote:
freakzilla wrote:

I think he meant "wow, faber coming off a loss, gets to fight a guy like Bowles who is coming off 2 straight wins"

This. I thought it's a bit tough on Faber to have to fight Bowles after he just loss. Bowles will probably beat him.
Back to top Go down
LA
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
LA

Favorite Fighter(s) : Lyoto Machida, BJ Penn, Anderson Silva, Jose Aldo

PostSubject: Re: Urijah Faber vs Brian Bowles at 139   Urijah Faber vs Brian Bowles at 139 EmptyFri Jul 22, 2011 2:01 am

Filthy sick fight, but while I'm a huge Bowles fan think this is a tough matchup for him, kind of expect Urijah to outwork him to a decision, still will roll with Bowles though. In general this should be a fight we look back as one of the more epic fights of the year.

Back to top Go down
Ludo
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
Ludo

PostSubject: Re: Urijah Faber vs Brian Bowles at 139   Urijah Faber vs Brian Bowles at 139 EmptyFri Jul 22, 2011 3:28 am

captain organic wrote:
Ludo wrote:

I totally agree with the MTB fights. But still he lost. Then got his ass kicked vs Aldo, then lost to cruz. wineland, Mizugaki, assuncao? these are not big time wins.

bowles would be a very nice win. But yet another loss would hurt.

Who else was there at Featherweight besides Aldo and Brown? Assuncao was ranked 5th when they fought if I remember rightly. Mizugaki is a top ten Bantamweight who has only lost to champions and top contenders since his arrival to the WEC/UFC. Eddie Wineland is a former champion in the Division, these are legit wins here over credible fighters(although Assuncao turned out to be overrated, we didn't know it at the time).
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Urijah Faber vs Brian Bowles at 139   Urijah Faber vs Brian Bowles at 139 EmptyFri Jul 22, 2011 11:05 am

Would much rather have Torres vs Faber.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

PostSubject: Re: Urijah Faber vs Brian Bowles at 139   Urijah Faber vs Brian Bowles at 139 EmptyFri Jul 22, 2011 11:07 am

Ali wrote:
I would love Faber vs Torres but this is still a great matchup. No reason to complain about this at all.
Back to top Go down
killerofchicken
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
killerofchicken

Favorite Fighter(s) : Mauricio Shogun Rua, BJ Penn, AXE MURDERER,Fedor, CroCop, Vitor Belfort, JDS

PostSubject: Re: Urijah Faber vs Brian Bowles at 139   Urijah Faber vs Brian Bowles at 139 EmptyFri Jul 22, 2011 11:31 am

OU wrote:
Ali wrote:
I would love Faber vs Torres but this is still a great matchup. No reason to complain about this at all.
I agree, while I really wanted the Faber vs Mullet match up im not gonna whine about this fight
Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

Favorite Fighter(s) : Shogun, Fedor, Wand, Saku, Hendo, BJ, Bas, Cain, Mike Vallely

PostSubject: Re: Urijah Faber vs Brian Bowles at 139   Urijah Faber vs Brian Bowles at 139 EmptyFri Jul 22, 2011 12:14 pm

I'll be picking Bowles.

I think he is cumulatively the more complete mixed martial artist and will keep Faber frustrated and put him off any game plan he brings. Bowels by decision likely. Faber will be reduced to looking for a big finish he won't find and will be beat up again.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/v/skCV2L0c6K0
bobbitt15
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

PostSubject: Re: Urijah Faber vs Brian Bowles at 139   Urijah Faber vs Brian Bowles at 139 EmptyFri Jul 22, 2011 1:03 pm

I'm probably rolling Bowles too although his standup game looked pretty sluggish against Mizugaki and he had to resort to using his wrestling more often than normal
Back to top Go down
Ludo
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
Ludo

PostSubject: Re: Urijah Faber vs Brian Bowles at 139   Urijah Faber vs Brian Bowles at 139 EmptyFri Jul 22, 2011 5:07 pm

This fight will be great if they don't break all their hands.
Back to top Go down
throwdownfight1
Blue Belt
Blue Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Matt Hughes,Tito Ortiz,Frank Mir

PostSubject: Re: Urijah Faber vs Brian Bowles at 139   Urijah Faber vs Brian Bowles at 139 EmptyFri Jul 22, 2011 11:41 pm

Ludo wrote:

well u can look at it that way but at the same time how bout this. he hadnt faced anyone as tough as brown in their first match and didnt respect his power. his second match he broke his hand but come on, should we say bowles lost to dominic would of been different as well. heck someone should tell rich franklin he needs to stop winnin fights when he has broken hands cus its not right. now on to aldo, imo aldo gave way too much respect to faber and should of finished him, instead he just beat the living shit out of his thigh. there was wins over assuncao and mizugaki, good ,dominating wins. the match with wineland was actually more competative than people think and then cruz. faber gave it his all but lost the fight clearly, benavidez looked better against cruz than faber did. now im not hating on faber. if anything i agree that he is top #3 and pick him to beat bowles by dec but come on. just like only the positive things can be said about him in his previous fights, the negative ones as well. in the end dude entertains and cant wait to see him in his upcoming fight but no need to try to play down his losses or praise his wins so much.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Urijah Faber vs Brian Bowles at 139   Urijah Faber vs Brian Bowles at 139 EmptySun Jul 24, 2011 2:22 pm

http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2011/7/23/2290361/ufc-winner-urijah-faber-vs-brian-bowles-rematch-dominick-cruz

Winner of Urijah Faber vs. Brian Bowles Gets Rematch With Dominick Cruz

Former WEC featherweight champion Urijah Faber is scheduled to face former WEC bantamweight champion Brian Bowles at UFC 139 in November, and according to Dana White, the stakes are very high. He spoke to ESPN about the matchup, and said that the winner of Faber vs. Bowles will get a rematch with Dominick Cruz. Here's what he had to say:

"Both Urijah and Bowles lost to Cruz," White told ESPN.com. "The winner of their fight will earn a rematch."

He also defended the choice to give Demetrious Johnson a title shot against Cruz at UFC on Versus 6:

"Johnson is 9-1, on a four-fight win streak and beat former [bantamweight] champ [Miguel] Torres in his last fight."

That's all fine and dandy, but what if Cruz loses to Johnson? Why would Bowles or Faber want to fight Cruz again if Johnson wins the title from him? It could just be an ambiguous statement from White that was made under the assumption that they'd fight Cruz if he still had the belt, but it's a bit strange nonetheless.
Back to top Go down
killerofchicken
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
killerofchicken

PostSubject: Re: Urijah Faber vs Brian Bowles at 139   Urijah Faber vs Brian Bowles at 139 EmptySun Jul 24, 2011 2:24 pm

awesome
Back to top Go down
timthebim
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
timthebim

Favorite Fighter(s) : BJ PENN, JOSH KOSCHECK, SPIDER

PostSubject: Re: Urijah Faber vs Brian Bowles at 139   Urijah Faber vs Brian Bowles at 139 EmptySun Jul 24, 2011 2:37 pm

Faber vs Cruz I would love to see again.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Urijah Faber vs Brian Bowles at 139   Urijah Faber vs Brian Bowles at 139 Empty

Back to top Go down

Urijah Faber vs Brian Bowles at 139
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next