Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

How Shocked Were You When BJ Whipped Hughes' Ass the 1st Time?????

Go down 
+2
muayjitsu
Birdofthad
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Birdofthad
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Ken shamrock, Frank Shamrock, Guy Mezger, Pete Williams, you get it Lions Den

How Shocked Were You When BJ Whipped Hughes' Ass the 1st Time????? Empty
PostSubject: How Shocked Were You When BJ Whipped Hughes' Ass the 1st Time?????   How Shocked Were You When BJ Whipped Hughes' Ass the 1st Time????? EmptyWed Mar 03, 2010 6:26 pm

Just curious how shocked everyone was, remember watching that fight and they were making excue after excuse for BJ b4 the fight like they were scared it was going to be a huge mismatch.

It was a huge mismatch

Hughes got smashed
Back to top Go down
muayjitsu
Purple Belt
Purple Belt
muayjitsu

Favorite Fighter(s) : Wand, Thiago Alves, BJ Penn, Cain, Vitor, Tito, SHOGUN

PostSubject: Re: How Shocked Were You When BJ Whipped Hughes' Ass the 1st Time?????   How Shocked Were You When BJ Whipped Hughes' Ass the 1st Time????? EmptyWed Mar 03, 2010 6:58 pm

I was not to shocked I knew either Hughes would grind out a win or BJ would catch him and KO him or sub him. BJ always had power in his hands I was in Hawaii at the time at a bar and that place went NUTS!
Back to top Go down
acccardinal12
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Cung Le, BJ Penn, Mayhem, Chael Sonnen, Anthony Pettis

PostSubject: Re: How Shocked Were You When BJ Whipped Hughes' Ass the 1st Time?????   How Shocked Were You When BJ Whipped Hughes' Ass the 1st Time????? EmptyWed Mar 03, 2010 10:20 pm

Not at all. He was coming off a win vs Gomi. I was shocked at how big his head was when he came out.
Back to top Go down
LA
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
LA

Favorite Fighter(s) : Lyoto Machida, BJ Penn, Anderson Silva, Jose Aldo

PostSubject: Re: How Shocked Were You When BJ Whipped Hughes' Ass the 1st Time?????   How Shocked Were You When BJ Whipped Hughes' Ass the 1st Time????? EmptyWed Mar 03, 2010 11:09 pm

I thought BJ would beat Hughes both times they fought

You know what, it wouldn't be to bad to see a 3rd fight at WW between these two, BJ would own him now.
Back to top Go down
Farmer1906
Gold Belt
Gold Belt
Farmer1906

Favorite Fighter(s) : Griffin, Franklin, Hendo, Sonnen, Wand, Lawler, Belfort, Pettis, Aldo, Mousasi

PostSubject: Re: How Shocked Were You When BJ Whipped Hughes' Ass the 1st Time?????   How Shocked Were You When BJ Whipped Hughes' Ass the 1st Time????? EmptyThu Mar 04, 2010 1:21 am

That was about the time I really started to follow MMA close. I was shocked.
Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

Favorite Fighter(s) : Shogun, Fedor, Wand, Saku, Hendo, BJ, Bas, Cain, Mike Vallely

PostSubject: Re: How Shocked Were You When BJ Whipped Hughes' Ass the 1st Time?????   How Shocked Were You When BJ Whipped Hughes' Ass the 1st Time????? EmptyThu Mar 04, 2010 1:23 pm

I was decently shocked. I knew Penn was good, but didn't think he would win. That was the fight that really put him over the top. I didn;t see the gomi fight until a couple of years later.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/v/skCV2L0c6K0
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: How Shocked Were You When BJ Whipped Hughes' Ass the 1st Time?????   How Shocked Were You When BJ Whipped Hughes' Ass the 1st Time????? Empty

Back to top Go down

How Shocked Were You When BJ Whipped Hughes' Ass the 1st Time?????
Page 1 of 1