Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Rampage is not a smart bet against Rashad.

Go down 
+11
LA
Ninja
Farmer1906
muayjitsu
acccardinal12
timthebim
bobbitt15
Ludo
chorky777
KingsOwn19
Wolfgangsta
15 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

Favorite Fighter(s) : Conor McGregor, Machida, Jon Jones, Ronda Rousey

Rampage is not a smart bet against Rashad. - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rampage is not a smart bet against Rashad.   Rampage is not a smart bet against Rashad. - Page 2 EmptyWed Feb 24, 2010 11:38 pm

I think Rashad's wrestling is overrated, because he is small for the division, but so is Rampage's, because he is huge and strong for the division. If they were the same size, Rashad is the smart bet.
Back to top Go down
http://www.listentothis.org/images/fedoriishi.gif
boomer sooner
Purple Belt
Purple Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Lyoto Machida, since way back

PostSubject: Re: Rampage is not a smart bet against Rashad.   Rampage is not a smart bet against Rashad. - Page 2 EmptyWed Feb 24, 2010 11:57 pm

I think the stand-up, KO power, and wrestling could be a push here, and it becomes matters of natural talent, heart, and wit. Based on those factors I would bet on Rashad with better speed, intelligence, and a heart for the sport. If it gets tough I could see Rampage just saying, "forget it, I'm going back to acting."

I really hope Rashad wins -- he's a far better person than Rampage.
Back to top Go down
Birdofthad
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Ken shamrock, Frank Shamrock, Guy Mezger, Pete Williams, you get it Lions Den

PostSubject: Re: Rampage is not a smart bet against Rashad.   Rampage is not a smart bet against Rashad. - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 25, 2010 12:07 am

boomer sooner wrote:
I think the stand-up, KO power, and wrestling could be a push here, and it becomes matters of natural talent, heart, and wit. Based on those factors I would bet on Rashad with better speed, intelligence, and a heart for the sport If it gets tough I could see Rampage just saying, "forget it, I'm going back to acting."

I really hope Rashad wins -- he's a far better person than Rampage.

If this mattered Bill Cosby would be the Heavyweight Champion of the world

jocolor
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

PostSubject: Re: Rampage is not a smart bet against Rashad.   Rampage is not a smart bet against Rashad. - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 25, 2010 12:31 am

Rec'd, good take boom.

But this is also a matter of physical durability vs mental durability. Rampage has a lot better chin than Rashad, it can be surmised from their recent fights. Rashad is the smarter fighter with better heart, it can be surmised, based on past history and recent statements.

Rashad gets KO'd or Rampage will fold.
Back to top Go down
Ninja
Administrator
Administrator
Ninja

Favorite Fighter(s) : Anyone with the last name Rua or Emelianenko and Uncle Creepy

PostSubject: Re: Rampage is not a smart bet against Rashad.   Rampage is not a smart bet against Rashad. - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 25, 2010 12:34 am

Wolfgangsta wrote:
I think Rashad's wrestling is overrated, because he is small for the division, but so is Rampage's, because he is huge and strong for the division. If they were the same size, Rashad is the smart bet.

I disagree. Rampage out wrestled Hendo and held his own against Lindland. He is better wrestler no matter the size.
Back to top Go down
https://ninjasplace.forumotion.net
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

PostSubject: Re: Rampage is not a smart bet against Rashad.   Rampage is not a smart bet against Rashad. - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 25, 2010 12:42 am

Strength is his biggest advantage, and if he were the same size as Henderson and Lindland, he would have been defeated much easier than Rashad could hope to if they were the same size. But if it was pound for pound with Rashad, I think he takes it.
Back to top Go down
Ludo
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
Ludo

Favorite Fighter(s) : The Prodigy, The Great, Viking Dahmer, The Phenom

PostSubject: Re: Rampage is not a smart bet against Rashad.   Rampage is not a smart bet against Rashad. - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 25, 2010 1:48 am

Is that before or after Rampage knocks the sugar out of him, Wolf?
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

PostSubject: Re: Rampage is not a smart bet against Rashad.   Rampage is not a smart bet against Rashad. - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 25, 2010 3:15 am

Is he going to be fast and in shape enough to do that?
Back to top Go down
Ludo
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
Ludo

Favorite Fighter(s) : The Prodigy, The Great, Viking Dahmer, The Phenom

PostSubject: Re: Rampage is not a smart bet against Rashad.   Rampage is not a smart bet against Rashad. - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 25, 2010 4:05 am

I was talking about your reference to pound for pound. Pound for Pound Rampage is still stronger than Rashad, and still has better striking.
Back to top Go down
boomer sooner
Purple Belt
Purple Belt

PostSubject: Re: Rampage is not a smart bet against Rashad.   Rampage is not a smart bet against Rashad. - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 25, 2010 11:34 am

Ninja\Rua/Fan wrote:
Wolfgangsta wrote:

I disagree. Rampage out wrestled Hendo and held his own against Lindland. He is better wrestler no matter the size.

If that's the case, then it would be interesting to see that black belt at work off of Rashad's back.
Back to top Go down
SOKO
Black Belt
Black Belt
SOKO

Favorite Fighter(s) : The Dragon, Kenflo, Hendo, Guida, Ace, Wand, Cain, Carwin, Foreman, Evander, Oscar

PostSubject: Re: Rampage is not a smart bet against Rashad.   Rampage is not a smart bet against Rashad. - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 25, 2010 11:56 am

page is done and its a sad thing cause he could of revamped his game and fought for another 5 yrs or so. Well good luck page in your low budget films. I am sorry but as much as I like A-team it seems cheesy. rashad by decision or tko
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Rampage is not a smart bet against Rashad.   Rampage is not a smart bet against Rashad. - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 25, 2010 3:54 pm

Sugar will kick Page's hollywood ass.
Back to top Go down
boomer sooner
Purple Belt
Purple Belt

PostSubject: Re: Rampage is not a smart bet against Rashad.   Rampage is not a smart bet against Rashad. - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 25, 2010 5:22 pm

If it turns into a slugfest, then I give the edge to 'page, but if the fight is drawn out I have to go with Rashad.

Alil 1748 -- your gif may be the most lovely thing I've ever seen. Who is that?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Rampage is not a smart bet against Rashad.   Rampage is not a smart bet against Rashad. - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 25, 2010 5:24 pm

boomer sooner wrote:
If it turns into a slugfest, then I give the edge to 'page, but if the fight is drawn out I have to go with Rashad.

Alil 1748 -- your gif may be the most lovely thing I've ever seen. Who is that?

The lovely bouncy pair of cannons belong to one Charlotte Church.
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

PostSubject: Re: Rampage is not a smart bet against Rashad.   Rampage is not a smart bet against Rashad. - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 25, 2010 6:32 pm

that 14 year old opera singer from the 90s?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Rampage is not a smart bet against Rashad.   Rampage is not a smart bet against Rashad. - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 25, 2010 8:17 pm

Wolfgangsta wrote:
that 14 year old opera singer from the 90s?

I amazed you know this Wolfy.
Back to top Go down
NoRegret
Red Belt
Red Belt
NoRegret

Favorite Fighter(s) : Anyone that comes to FIGHT!

PostSubject: Re: Rampage is not a smart bet against Rashad.   Rampage is not a smart bet against Rashad. - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 25, 2010 8:47 pm

Rampage will come to fight...in shape or not. He will bring some heavy hands regardless.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Rampage is not a smart bet against Rashad.   Rampage is not a smart bet against Rashad. - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Rampage is not a smart bet against Rashad.
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2