Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Gegard Mousasi vs. “King Mo” Lawal targeted for May

Go down 
+11
LTFG
JimboJones1
NoRegret
bobbitt15
ohiovol62
oggy420
Farmer1906
GDPofDRC
Wolfgangsta
taylorfleig
Ninja
15 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
SOKO
Black Belt
Black Belt
SOKO

Favorite Fighter(s) : The Dragon, Kenflo, Hendo, Guida, Ace, Wand, Cain, Carwin, Foreman, Evander, Oscar

Gegard Mousasi vs. “King Mo” Lawal targeted for May - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gegard Mousasi vs. “King Mo” Lawal targeted for May   Gegard Mousasi vs. “King Mo” Lawal targeted for May - Page 2 EmptyTue Jan 19, 2010 9:27 am

and hendo will own the winner of that match I cant wait cause both guys can bang and hendo's chin is fucking granite.
Back to top Go down
captain organic
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
captain organic

PostSubject: Re: Gegard Mousasi vs. “King Mo” Lawal targeted for May   Gegard Mousasi vs. “King Mo” Lawal targeted for May - Page 2 EmptyTue Jan 19, 2010 2:46 pm

redvexx8 wrote:
I think its a great match up but a lot of people feel like they should wait and build them both up some more.

Mo could use some seasoning for sure, but Gegard has very nice record, and is in need of a legit challenger.

And much like Rogers, a strong showing in a loss by Mo here does not hurt his reputation much.

And I think SF is doing enough building up fighters as is with the Lashley and Walker fiasco's. They need some legit fights to provide stability.
Back to top Go down
Ninja
Administrator
Administrator
Ninja

Favorite Fighter(s) : Anyone with the last name Rua or Emelianenko and Uncle Creepy

PostSubject: Re: Gegard Mousasi vs. “King Mo” Lawal targeted for May   Gegard Mousasi vs. “King Mo” Lawal targeted for May - Page 2 EmptyTue Jan 19, 2010 4:27 pm

sokolkevin wrote:
and hendo will own the winner of that match I cant wait cause both guys can bang and hendo's chin is fucking granite.

In a five round fight I would bet my house that Gegard would beat Hendo.
Back to top Go down
https://ninjasplace.forumotion.net
LA
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
LA

Favorite Fighter(s) : Lyoto Machida, BJ Penn, Anderson Silva, Jose Aldo

PostSubject: Re: Gegard Mousasi vs. “King Mo” Lawal targeted for May   Gegard Mousasi vs. “King Mo” Lawal targeted for May - Page 2 EmptyTue Jan 19, 2010 4:29 pm

Ninja\Rua/Fan wrote:
sokolkevin wrote:

I'll take that bet
Back to top Go down
Ninja
Administrator
Administrator
Ninja

Favorite Fighter(s) : Anyone with the last name Rua or Emelianenko and Uncle Creepy

PostSubject: Re: Gegard Mousasi vs. “King Mo” Lawal targeted for May   Gegard Mousasi vs. “King Mo” Lawal targeted for May - Page 2 EmptyTue Jan 19, 2010 4:32 pm

tolivendiewithLA wrote:
Ninja\Rua/Fan wrote:
sokolkevin wrote:

I'll take that bet

How would you see Hendo beating Gegard? Decision?
Back to top Go down
LA
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
LA

PostSubject: Re: Gegard Mousasi vs. “King Mo” Lawal targeted for May   Gegard Mousasi vs. “King Mo” Lawal targeted for May - Page 2 EmptyTue Jan 19, 2010 4:40 pm

It's not a matter of how I see one or the other winning, simply, Gerard hasn't faced a fighter of Hendo's quality yet, while Hendo has faced fighters as good and better. I see no reason why Hendo couldn't beat Gerard, it's ridiculous to think he could win a decision, or by GnP, or KO/TKO?
Back to top Go down
SOKO
Black Belt
Black Belt
SOKO

Favorite Fighter(s) : The Dragon, Kenflo, Hendo, Guida, Ace, Wand, Cain, Carwin, Foreman, Evander, Oscar

PostSubject: Re: Gegard Mousasi vs. “King Mo” Lawal targeted for May   Gegard Mousasi vs. “King Mo” Lawal targeted for May - Page 2 EmptyTue Jan 19, 2010 4:50 pm

yeah gegard could dance around but for five rounds and trying to avoid hendo's over hand right. Not impossible but not likely. hendo via oldschool
Back to top Go down
Ninja
Administrator
Administrator
Ninja

PostSubject: Re: Gegard Mousasi vs. “King Mo” Lawal targeted for May   Gegard Mousasi vs. “King Mo” Lawal targeted for May - Page 2 EmptyTue Jan 19, 2010 4:58 pm

Hendo overhand right is extremely telegraphed. Gegard has by far the better striking and I see him winning most of the exchanges against Hendo. Hendo's constant loading up of the right hand doesn't work against any decent striker.

Yes, Hendo can and would take Mousasi to the ground, but Gegard has an active enough guard to keep it honest. It's common knowledge that if you keep a steady pace against Hendo he will probably gas in the later rounds. The Franklin/Hendo fight is perfect a example of this. If that fight went two more rounds I could even see Rich finishing Hendo.

Last edited by NinjaRua/Fan on Tue Jan 19, 2010 5:16 pm; edited 4 times in total
Back to top Go down
Farmer1906
Gold Belt
Gold Belt
Farmer1906

Favorite Fighter(s) : Griffin, Franklin, Hendo, Sonnen, Wand, Lawler, Belfort, Pettis, Aldo, Mousasi

PostSubject: Re: Gegard Mousasi vs. “King Mo” Lawal targeted for May   Gegard Mousasi vs. “King Mo” Lawal targeted for May - Page 2 EmptyTue Jan 19, 2010 5:05 pm

Ninja\Rua/Fan wrote:
Hendo overhand right is extremely telegraphed. Gegard is by far the better striking and I see him winning most of the exchanges against Hendo. Hendo's constant loading up of the right hand doesn't work against any decent striker.

Yes, Hendo can and would take Mousasi to the ground, but Gegard has active enough guard to keep it honest. It's common knowledge that if you keep steady pace against Hendo he will probably gas in the later rounds. The Franklin/Hendo fight is perfect a example. If that fight went two more rounds I could even see Rich finishing Hendo.

+1
Back to top Go down
LA
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
LA

PostSubject: Re: Gegard Mousasi vs. “King Mo” Lawal targeted for May   Gegard Mousasi vs. “King Mo” Lawal targeted for May - Page 2 EmptyTue Jan 19, 2010 5:13 pm

Valid points, but until I see Gerard vs. a Hendo quality opponent, I'm not gonna act like he's the clear favorite. And it's telegraphed, but it can still land anytime, and he certianly isn't going to go Bisping fight style against Gerard.
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

Favorite Fighter(s) : Conor McGregor, Machida, Jon Jones, Ronda Rousey

PostSubject: Re: Gegard Mousasi vs. “King Mo” Lawal targeted for May   Gegard Mousasi vs. “King Mo” Lawal targeted for May - Page 2 EmptyTue Jan 19, 2010 5:42 pm

Both sides have valid points. Hendo's biggest problem is his age.
Back to top Go down
http://www.listentothis.org/images/fedoriishi.gif
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Gegard Mousasi vs. “King Mo” Lawal targeted for May   Gegard Mousasi vs. “King Mo” Lawal targeted for May - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Gegard Mousasi vs. “King Mo” Lawal targeted for May
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2