Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Gegard Mousasi moving back to Middleweight

Go down 
+3
acccardinal12
Farmer1906
KingsOwn19
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Ali
Brown Belt
Brown Belt

Gegard Mousasi moving back to Middleweight Empty
PostSubject: Gegard Mousasi moving back to Middleweight   Gegard Mousasi moving back to Middleweight EmptyWed Apr 17, 2013 7:48 pm

Quote :
"Hey everybody, what you think about if I go to 185?" he tweeted today. "I am curious what people think about this idea."

http://www.mmajunkie.com/news/2013/04/ufcs-gegard-mousasi-teases-potential-move-down-to-middleweight

Last edited by Ali* on Fri Jun 07, 2013 12:25 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Farmer1906
Gold Belt
Gold Belt
Farmer1906

Favorite Fighter(s) : Griffin, Franklin, Hendo, Sonnen, Wand, Lawler, Belfort, Pettis, Aldo, Mousasi

PostSubject: Re: Gegard Mousasi moving back to Middleweight   Gegard Mousasi moving back to Middleweight EmptyWed Apr 17, 2013 8:13 pm

Love it and hate it. I think 205 is the more glamorous division. I'd pick him over almost everyone outside of Jones, Sonnen, & Shad. Gus, Hendo, & Davis are toss ups.

However he is a more natural fit at 185. I think he'll challenge Anderson, but the match ups leading to the title don't really do it for me. Philippou, Rockhold, Okami, and Bisping are all less impressive than any of the 205ers I mentioned and I didn't touch Machida, Shogun, or Glover.
Back to top Go down
KingsOwn19
Administrator
Administrator
KingsOwn19

Favorite Fighter(s) : Lyoto Machida, BJ Penn, Anderson Silva,Dan Henderson, Emelianenko Fedor, Josh Barnett

PostSubject: Re: Gegard Mousasi moving back to Middleweight   Gegard Mousasi moving back to Middleweight EmptyWed Apr 17, 2013 9:16 pm

I'd like to see him at 185 because i think he would have the most success there. I can easily see him working his way up to a title fight and probably be the most formidible striker Anderson Silva has ever faced in the UFC. I don't see him getting a shot at LHW unless UFC gives him a shot off one high level win because the division is one recycle mode for Jones and a fresh contender probably shouldnt have to do a lot to get a bout with the champ. I picked him to beat Gus...but matchup wise, too many probs for him at 205...especially near the top of the division.

but at middleweight...you beat Okami, you beat Bisping, or Belfort....all guys Gegard has a great chance to defeat. He's in.
Back to top Go down
Farmer1906
Gold Belt
Gold Belt
Farmer1906

Favorite Fighter(s) : Griffin, Franklin, Hendo, Sonnen, Wand, Lawler, Belfort, Pettis, Aldo, Mousasi

PostSubject: Re: Gegard Mousasi moving back to Middleweight   Gegard Mousasi moving back to Middleweight EmptyTue Apr 23, 2013 10:29 pm

If he gets a top 5 middleweight fight @mousasi_mma wants to talk about moving down to 185, reports @ArielHelwani.
Back to top Go down
Ali
Brown Belt
Brown Belt

PostSubject: Re: Gegard Mousasi moving back to Middleweight   Gegard Mousasi moving back to Middleweight EmptyWed Apr 24, 2013 12:17 am

Farmer1906 wrote:
If he gets a top 5 middleweight fight @mousasi_mma wants to talk about moving down to 185, reports @ArielHelwani.

Okami is free.
Back to top Go down
Ali
Brown Belt
Brown Belt

PostSubject: Re: Gegard Mousasi moving back to Middleweight   Gegard Mousasi moving back to Middleweight EmptyMon May 06, 2013 11:44 am

Gegard Mousasi moving back to Middleweight Q5WWVU1
Back to top Go down
acccardinal12
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Cung Le, BJ Penn, Mayhem, Chael Sonnen, Anthony Pettis

PostSubject: Re: Gegard Mousasi moving back to Middleweight   Gegard Mousasi moving back to Middleweight EmptyMon May 06, 2013 2:08 pm

I hope he goes to 185lbs and do think he has the best chance of any striker to beat Silva in the division. I just hope UFC doesn't give him a wrestler. After what King Mo did to him I doubt he has gotten that much better to where he could fend off takedown after takedown from guys like Weidman, Sonnen, etc. Give him Okami or Bisping and let's do this!
Back to top Go down
killerofchicken
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
killerofchicken

Favorite Fighter(s) : Mauricio Shogun Rua, BJ Penn, AXE MURDERER,Fedor, CroCop, Vitor Belfort, JDS

PostSubject: Re: Gegard Mousasi moving back to Middleweight   Gegard Mousasi moving back to Middleweight EmptyMon May 06, 2013 3:18 pm

185 is where he belongs! I want to see him there for sure

Just saw on twitter that Paul Harris wants to drop down to WW... I was all like LOLZ
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

PostSubject: Re: Gegard Mousasi moving back to Middleweight   Gegard Mousasi moving back to Middleweight EmptyMon May 06, 2013 3:19 pm

killerofchicken wrote:

Just saw on twitter that Paul Harris wants to drop down to WW... I was all like LOLZ

I see what you are saying here. Straight ducking Mousasi.
Back to top Go down
Ali
Brown Belt
Brown Belt

PostSubject: Re: Gegard Mousasi moving back to Middleweight   Gegard Mousasi moving back to Middleweight EmptySun May 12, 2013 1:36 pm

Quote :
"I believe if I go to 185 I'll be much stronger," Mousasi said. "At the highest level, you don't want to give any advantage. If you look at Jon Jones, you don't want to fight a guy that's very talented, has the skills, and also has the strength. Then you give too much advantage away."

But he'll consult with the UFC before making any concrete plans.

"I think that there's a big chance I will go," he said. "If the UFC says, come fight at 205, and if you win two or three times, we'll give you a title shot. If they say 185, because I was also middleweight champ, maybe win one fight and maybe I can be a contender. Whatever is the fastest way to the belt."

http://www.mmajunkie.com/news/2013/05/gegard-mousasi-anticipates-november-or-december-return-possible-move-to-185
Back to top Go down
killerofchicken
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
killerofchicken

Favorite Fighter(s) : Mauricio Shogun Rua, BJ Penn, AXE MURDERER,Fedor, CroCop, Vitor Belfort, JDS

PostSubject: Re: Gegard Mousasi moving back to Middleweight   Gegard Mousasi moving back to Middleweight EmptySun May 12, 2013 8:21 pm

OU wrote:
killerofchicken wrote:

I see what you are saying here. Straight ducking Mousasi.

haha not even brah

just the sight of Paul Harris at WW is scary lol
Back to top Go down
Ali
Brown Belt
Brown Belt

PostSubject: Re: Gegard Mousasi moving back to Middleweight   Gegard Mousasi moving back to Middleweight EmptyTue May 21, 2013 4:43 pm

Quote :
“I’m not afraid of fighting him,” Mousasi said. “Of course (TRT) gives an advantage … But in the end, a fight is a fight (and) if you’re skilled enough, it shouldn’t matter that a guy is on TRT or not. There’s no one in 185 that I could lose to or I would have a hard fight with,” he said. “I’m capable of beating anybody at 185.”

http://www.graciemag.com/2013/05/better-suited-for-185-pounds-gegard-mousasi-likely-dropping-to-ufcs-middleweight-ranks/
Back to top Go down
Ali
Brown Belt
Brown Belt

PostSubject: Re: Gegard Mousasi moving back to Middleweight   Gegard Mousasi moving back to Middleweight EmptyFri Jun 07, 2013 12:25 pm

Mousasi again calling for Belfort.

Quote :
"@danawhite @ufc I hoop I can fight in december against Belfort... I think my fans would love that fight," he wrote.

http://www.mmajunkie.com/news/2013/06/gegard-mousasi-wants-middleweight-vitor-belfort-in-next-ufc-fight
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

PostSubject: Re: Gegard Mousasi moving back to Middleweight   Gegard Mousasi moving back to Middleweight EmptyFri Jun 07, 2013 12:35 pm

Mousasi vs Vitor is one of the best matchups out there right now. I can't think of a better #1 contender match.
Back to top Go down
Ali
Brown Belt
Brown Belt

PostSubject: Re: Gegard Mousasi moving back to Middleweight   Gegard Mousasi moving back to Middleweight EmptyFri Jun 07, 2013 12:36 pm

OU wrote:
Mousasi vs Vitor is one of the best matchups out there right now. I can't think of a better #1 contender match.

It's an orgasmic match. I don't see Vitor waiting till December though, especially if Weidman wins next month.
Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

Favorite Fighter(s) : Shogun, Fedor, Wand, Saku, Hendo, BJ, Bas, Cain, Mike Vallely

PostSubject: Re: Gegard Mousasi moving back to Middleweight   Gegard Mousasi moving back to Middleweight EmptyFri Jun 07, 2013 12:37 pm

I wish I was the matchmaker for UFC.

also +1

OU wrote:
Gegard Mousasi moving back to Middleweight Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQwdfUIWjFHr0pcfyrog_rEe6CjqafGjn3a-9Ygxbcwg8mEiDBRDA
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/v/skCV2L0c6K0
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Gegard Mousasi moving back to Middleweight   Gegard Mousasi moving back to Middleweight Empty

Back to top Go down

Gegard Mousasi moving back to Middleweight
Page 1 of 1