Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Fight Metric: Mousasi vs. Lawal.

Go down 
+5
JimboJones1
ohiovol62
Andrew the Raider King
Farmer1906
KingsOwn19
9 posters
AuthorMessage
KingsOwn19
Administrator
Administrator
KingsOwn19

Favorite Fighter(s) : Lyoto Machida, BJ Penn, Anderson Silva,Dan Henderson, Emelianenko Fedor, Josh Barnett

Fight Metric: Mousasi vs. Lawal. Empty
PostSubject: Fight Metric: Mousasi vs. Lawal.   Fight Metric: Mousasi vs. Lawal. EmptyMon Apr 19, 2010 1:42 am

http://fightmetric.com/fights/Lawal-Mousasi.html

See, this is kind of how i saw the fight as well. The effective scoring system shows Mousasi more love. It still goes to Mo but i was kind of thinking Mousasi won the rounds where Mo got the takedown but was pretty much sitting there taking punishment....11 of 14 on takedowns was Lawal and it also reveals he landed more high percentage shots than Mousasi but i'm happy to see something saw the fight the same way i did.

Glad to see fightmetric did fights for other orgs for once. I dont see Shields/Hendo or Gil/Aoki yet. Gil/Aoki should be fun to look at.
Back to top Go down
Farmer1906
Gold Belt
Gold Belt
Farmer1906

Favorite Fighter(s) : Griffin, Franklin, Hendo, Sonnen, Wand, Lawler, Belfort, Pettis, Aldo, Mousasi

PostSubject: Re: Fight Metric: Mousasi vs. Lawal.   Fight Metric: Mousasi vs. Lawal. EmptyMon Apr 19, 2010 3:09 am

I agree with you Kings
Back to top Go down
Andrew the Raider King
Red Belt
Red Belt
Andrew the Raider King

Favorite Fighter(s) : Chael, Sexyama, Condit, Hendricks, Cowboy, Struve

PostSubject: Re: Fight Metric: Mousasi vs. Lawal.   Fight Metric: Mousasi vs. Lawal. EmptyMon Apr 19, 2010 3:48 am

I think Mo just did a lot of LNP, but maybe that is just me. Plus most judges do not understand the concept of BJJ and how to effectively score when a guy is doing well off his back.
Back to top Go down
ohiovol62
Purple Belt
Purple Belt
ohiovol62

Favorite Fighter(s) : Sakuraba, Fedor, GSP, and Big Nog

PostSubject: Re: Fight Metric: Mousasi vs. Lawal.   Fight Metric: Mousasi vs. Lawal. EmptyMon Apr 19, 2010 7:23 am

I'm with Drew. Takedowns and Lay n' Pray are the only reason why guys like Mo and Rashad are legit fighters. I've always said takedowns should be scored different.

P.S- Love King's gif (as always), knew someone was going to make a gif out of that when I saw it live. What was he thinking? lol
Back to top Go down
JimboJones1
Yellow Belt
Yellow Belt

PostSubject: Re: Fight Metric: Mousasi vs. Lawal.   Fight Metric: Mousasi vs. Lawal. EmptyMon Apr 19, 2010 8:37 am

ehh...a lot of moussasi's punches were tiny hammerfists that get counted on that fight metric. A lot of the time that Mo was getting hit by them, he was just taking them bc they weren't powerful and he wasnt experienced to know that after a while, that will swell your eye shut. Still, Mo dominated and landed a lot of shots on the ground as well as on his feet. Hate to say I told you so, but... jk
Back to top Go down
bobbitt15
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Chael Sonnen, Michael Chandler, Jorge Masvidal, Carlos Condit

PostSubject: Re: Fight Metric: Mousasi vs. Lawal.   Fight Metric: Mousasi vs. Lawal. EmptyMon Apr 19, 2010 10:25 am

You lay n' pray people are fucking ridiculous. So now were categorizing Mo as a LnP fighter? Unbelievable
Back to top Go down
Farmer1906
Gold Belt
Gold Belt
Farmer1906

Favorite Fighter(s) : Griffin, Franklin, Hendo, Sonnen, Wand, Lawler, Belfort, Pettis, Aldo, Mousasi

PostSubject: Re: Fight Metric: Mousasi vs. Lawal.   Fight Metric: Mousasi vs. Lawal. EmptyMon Apr 19, 2010 10:29 am

Mo held top control for 5 rounds and Mousasi looked just like he did at the start of the fight. I know there is obviously more to how you look, but you'd think he'd hurt Mousasi at least once. I don't there was even a moment close to stopping the fight. I wouldn't call it lay n pray. I'd just say Mo dominated with wrestling and didn't cause much damage from the top. It wasn't near as bad as Rashad vs Thiago.

Now if that was Matt Hughes vs a WW striker like Daley on top for 5 rounds every single hater would be shouting LnP from the top of a mountain.
Back to top Go down
ohiovol62
Purple Belt
Purple Belt
ohiovol62

PostSubject: Re: Fight Metric: Mousasi vs. Lawal.   Fight Metric: Mousasi vs. Lawal. EmptyMon Apr 19, 2010 10:34 am

Mo had 5 rounds of Lay n Pray on Gegard. When you have like a thousand takedowns, and the guy on the bottom has more strikes, I call that Lay n Pray. Wouldn't call him a Lay n Pray fighter yet but that was his first fight against legit competition. Guess it depends on your definition Lay n Pray but I don't think Mo was active on the ground at all.
Back to top Go down
Farmer1906
Gold Belt
Gold Belt
Farmer1906

PostSubject: Re: Fight Metric: Mousasi vs. Lawal.   Fight Metric: Mousasi vs. Lawal. EmptyMon Apr 19, 2010 10:45 am

One reason Mousasi had more strikes because he was throwing from the bottom.
Back to top Go down
ohiovol62
Purple Belt
Purple Belt
ohiovol62

PostSubject: Re: Fight Metric: Mousasi vs. Lawal.   Fight Metric: Mousasi vs. Lawal. EmptyMon Apr 19, 2010 11:06 am

Thats what I thought I said.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

PostSubject: Re: Fight Metric: Mousasi vs. Lawal.   Fight Metric: Mousasi vs. Lawal. EmptyMon Apr 19, 2010 1:25 pm

Compu Strike
Fight Metric: Mousasi vs. Lawal. Compustrike-mo-lawal
Back to top Go down
captain organic
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
captain organic

PostSubject: Re: Fight Metric: Mousasi vs. Lawal.   Fight Metric: Mousasi vs. Lawal. EmptyMon Apr 19, 2010 1:30 pm

the lay n pray was not all encompassing, but there were stretches in the 4th and 5th where it was clear lay n' pray.

And like others I don't consider him a LnP fighter, just a gassed one.
Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

Favorite Fighter(s) : Shogun, Fedor, Wand, Saku, Hendo, BJ, Bas, Cain, Mike Vallely

PostSubject: Re: Fight Metric: Mousasi vs. Lawal.   Fight Metric: Mousasi vs. Lawal. EmptyMon Apr 19, 2010 1:32 pm

KingsOwn19 wrote:
http://fightmetric.com/fights/Lawal-Mousasi.html

See, this is kind of how i saw the fight as well. The effective scoring system shows Mousasi more love. It still goes to Mo but i was kind of thinking Mousasi won the rounds where Mo got the takedown but was pretty much sitting there taking punishment....11 of 14 on takedowns was Lawal and it also reveals he landed more high percentage shots than Mousasi but i'm happy to see something saw the fight the same way i did.

Glad to see fightmetric did fights for other orgs for once. I dont see Shields/Hendo or Gil/Aoki yet. Gil/Aoki should be fun to look at.

I read some of those post and I agree with you for the most part. I scored it 4-1 for Mo and knew it was right but felt like I was wrong. The fight was unique and poor. Mo had all the right moves to make a winning scorecard but was no winner. Mousas did not enough to score a card win and was no winner.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/v/skCV2L0c6K0
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Fight Metric: Mousasi vs. Lawal.   Fight Metric: Mousasi vs. Lawal. Empty

Back to top Go down

Fight Metric: Mousasi vs. Lawal.
Page 1 of 1