Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Fight Metric gives it clearly to Penn

Go down 
+7
Andrew the Raider King
LA
KingsOwn19
Ludo
GDPofDRC
Birdofthad
Farmer1906
11 posters
AuthorMessage
Farmer1906
Gold Belt
Gold Belt
Farmer1906

Favorite Fighter(s) : Griffin, Franklin, Hendo, Sonnen, Wand, Lawler, Belfort, Pettis, Aldo, Mousasi

Fight Metric gives it clearly to Penn Empty
PostSubject: Fight Metric gives it clearly to Penn   Fight Metric gives it clearly to Penn EmptySun Apr 11, 2010 12:55 am

http://www.fightmetric.com/fights/Edgar-Penn.html

I find it very hard to believe BJ was throwing so many more total punches. It was clear he was more accurate throughout, but I expected Edgar to have a much higher total # thrown.
Back to top Go down
Birdofthad
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Ken shamrock, Frank Shamrock, Guy Mezger, Pete Williams, you get it Lions Den

PostSubject: Re: Fight Metric gives it clearly to Penn   Fight Metric gives it clearly to Penn EmptySun Apr 11, 2010 12:59 am

just like punch stat this thing shouldnt be taken literally, punch for punch it isnt accurate just a close detail

ALSO depends what vantage point the were watching from and stuff like that
Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

Favorite Fighter(s) : Shogun, Fedor, Wand, Saku, Hendo, BJ, Bas, Cain, Mike Vallely

PostSubject: Re: Fight Metric gives it clearly to Penn   Fight Metric gives it clearly to Penn EmptySun Apr 11, 2010 1:07 am

The fight was truly close. I had Edgar winning the 3rd and fifth. BJ the rest for my pick as the winner. Truly, the first four rounds were close enough for me to be nearly all 10-10 rounds. I think the fifth round was taken the most definitively in the match By edgar. By cards I have BJ, but can't complain too much about him losing. 50-45 though??????????
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/v/skCV2L0c6K0
Birdofthad
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Ken shamrock, Frank Shamrock, Guy Mezger, Pete Williams, you get it Lions Den

PostSubject: Re: Fight Metric gives it clearly to Penn   Fight Metric gives it clearly to Penn EmptySun Apr 11, 2010 1:10 am

50-45 was a disgrace
Back to top Go down
Ludo
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
Ludo

Favorite Fighter(s) : The Prodigy, The Great, Viking Dahmer, The Phenom

PostSubject: Re: Fight Metric gives it clearly to Penn   Fight Metric gives it clearly to Penn EmptySun Apr 11, 2010 2:24 am

I bet it was Cecil Peoples
Back to top Go down
KingsOwn19
Administrator
Administrator
KingsOwn19

Favorite Fighter(s) : Lyoto Machida, BJ Penn, Anderson Silva,Dan Henderson, Emelianenko Fedor, Josh Barnett

PostSubject: Re: Fight Metric gives it clearly to Penn   Fight Metric gives it clearly to Penn EmptySun Apr 11, 2010 2:31 am

I knew it would. However, i'm sure fightmetric means nothing now that it's not tainting Machida's win over Rua Neutral

I remember you could not click on a thread at an MMA forum(except this one) without having fightmetric: Machida/Rua in your face but now people will say "meh, it's just interpretation...cage control FTW baby"
Back to top Go down
KingsOwn19
Administrator
Administrator
KingsOwn19

Favorite Fighter(s) : Lyoto Machida, BJ Penn, Anderson Silva,Dan Henderson, Emelianenko Fedor, Josh Barnett

PostSubject: Re: Fight Metric gives it clearly to Penn   Fight Metric gives it clearly to Penn EmptySun Apr 11, 2010 2:35 am

http://sherdogblog.craveonline.com/blog/2010-04-10

lol at the only state where the majority of voters think Edgar won the fight! HA
Back to top Go down
Ludo
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
Ludo

Favorite Fighter(s) : The Prodigy, The Great, Viking Dahmer, The Phenom

PostSubject: Re: Fight Metric gives it clearly to Penn   Fight Metric gives it clearly to Penn EmptySun Apr 11, 2010 2:40 am

Bottom line, as big a BJ Penn fan as I am, Frankie Edgar had a good gameplan and he executed it alot better than the last 3 guys to try and take that title away from Penn. I give Edgar alot of credit for hanging in there for 25 minutes with the most dominant Lightweight in the history of the UFC. However I wish the judges had been a little more...Conscious of what was really going on. 50-45 was shit, but I can't argue much with 48/47 or even one 49-46.
Back to top Go down
KingsOwn19
Administrator
Administrator
KingsOwn19

PostSubject: Re: Fight Metric gives it clearly to Penn   Fight Metric gives it clearly to Penn EmptySun Apr 11, 2010 2:42 am

Nobody is saying Edgar did not have an excellent game plan and came in there with a lot of will and blah blah.

He deserves credit... but he does not deserve that belt.
Back to top Go down
LA
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
LA

Favorite Fighter(s) : Lyoto Machida, BJ Penn, Anderson Silva, Jose Aldo

PostSubject: Re: Fight Metric gives it clearly to Penn   Fight Metric gives it clearly to Penn EmptySun Apr 11, 2010 3:02 am

KingsOwn19 wrote:
I knew it would. However, i'm sure fightmetric means nothing now that it's not tainting Machida's win over Rua Neutral

I remember you could not click on a thread at an MMA forum(except this one) without having fightmetric: Machida/Rua in your face but now people will say "meh, it's just interpretation...cage control FTW baby"

Snap Kings I love u right now

(quoted wrong post originally)
Back to top Go down
Andrew the Raider King
Red Belt
Red Belt
Andrew the Raider King

Favorite Fighter(s) : Chael, Sexyama, Condit, Hendricks, Cowboy, Struve

PostSubject: Re: Fight Metric gives it clearly to Penn   Fight Metric gives it clearly to Penn EmptySun Apr 11, 2010 7:34 am

Fightmetric is 1 guy sitting ringside and mashing buttons. If a guy throws a punch and it is blocked, but makes a loud slapping sound, the guy might think the punch connected, when in fact it did not hit the intended target. That is the most bullshit way, might I add to score a fight. That being said, Because of Birthday parties and a Bar-B-Q at my wife's bosses house, I missed the fucking fight! we didn't get home until 1:30 AM.
Back to top Go down
timthebim
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
timthebim

Favorite Fighter(s) : BJ PENN, JOSH KOSCHECK, SPIDER

PostSubject: Re: Fight Metric gives it clearly to Penn   Fight Metric gives it clearly to Penn EmptySun Apr 11, 2010 8:15 am

KingsOwn19 wrote:
Nobody is saying Edgar did not have an excellent game plan and came in there with a lot of will and blah blah.

He deserves credit... but he does not deserve that belt.

+1. U nailed it here. Frankie fought good but he shouldnt be the champ today.
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

Favorite Fighter(s) : Conor McGregor, Machida, Jon Jones, Ronda Rousey

PostSubject: Re: Fight Metric gives it clearly to Penn   Fight Metric gives it clearly to Penn EmptySun Apr 11, 2010 5:41 pm

fight metric is guys watching the ppv a few times figuring the score out. This isn't compustrike.
Back to top Go down
http://www.listentothis.org/images/fedoriishi.gif
Birdofthad
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt

PostSubject: Re: Fight Metric gives it clearly to Penn   Fight Metric gives it clearly to Penn EmptySun Apr 11, 2010 6:12 pm

So BJ landed 9 more punches and Edgar landed more leg kicks and body punches and this somehow equals a robbery?????????
Back to top Go down
KingsOwn19
Administrator
Administrator
KingsOwn19

PostSubject: Re: Fight Metric gives it clearly to Penn   Fight Metric gives it clearly to Penn EmptySun Apr 11, 2010 6:33 pm

No, BJ won 3-4 rounds and Edgar only clearly won one round, i had him down for 2 and A TITLE WAS LOST. It is a robbery. The fight is scored on a 10 point must system, round by round. BJ won more rounds because he had more offensive output in 4 of the 5 rounds.

If this was "Stomp The Yard" "Step Up" or "You Got Served" then it was definetly 50-45 Edgar, but if you judge the fight on offensive output and who was winning the exchanges. I will say 48-47 Penn and the majority of people feel the same way.

I like Edgar but that belt around his waist might as well be one of those toy WWF belts i used to have when i was a kid because thats how much meaning that belt carries around Edgar's waist in my book.
Back to top Go down
Primetyme199
Brown Belt
Brown Belt
Primetyme199

PostSubject: Re: Fight Metric gives it clearly to Penn   Fight Metric gives it clearly to Penn EmptyMon Apr 12, 2010 10:57 am

Compustrike numbers differ from fightmetrics. This show why you can't use these sites they differ so which one is right. They are flawed just like everything else.

Compustrike has strike totals of 81/242 for Penn and 90/236 for Edgar plus the take downs.
Back to top Go down
ohiovol62
Purple Belt
Purple Belt
ohiovol62

Favorite Fighter(s) : Sakuraba, Fedor, GSP, and Big Nog

PostSubject: Re: Fight Metric gives it clearly to Penn   Fight Metric gives it clearly to Penn EmptyMon Apr 12, 2010 11:53 am

Birdofthad wrote:
So BJ landed 9 more punches and Edgar landed more leg kicks and body punches and this somehow equals a robbery?????????

Guess it depends on how you define robbery. Going into the judges decision, I thought there was no doubt that BJ won. I'm not a Penn nuthugger or anything, in fact, I couldn't stand him until a couple months ago. If someone wants to call this a robbery, I don't have a problem with it.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Fight Metric gives it clearly to Penn   Fight Metric gives it clearly to Penn Empty

Back to top Go down

Fight Metric gives it clearly to Penn
Page 1 of 1