Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Does Brock get P4P recognition.....

Go down 
+6
redvexx8
thedarkwingduck2k50
timthebim
oggy420
Wolfgangsta
captain organic
10 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
captain organic
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
captain organic

Does Brock get P4P recognition..... Empty
PostSubject: Does Brock get P4P recognition.....   Does Brock get P4P recognition..... EmptySat Jan 16, 2010 7:34 pm

if he starts mowing threw the ever burgeoning group of super heavies?
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

Favorite Fighter(s) : Conor McGregor, Machida, Jon Jones, Ronda Rousey

PostSubject: Re: Does Brock get P4P recognition.....   Does Brock get P4P recognition..... EmptySat Jan 16, 2010 7:37 pm

He won't so he won't.
Back to top Go down
http://www.listentothis.org/images/fedoriishi.gif
captain organic
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
captain organic

PostSubject: Re: Does Brock get P4P recognition.....   Does Brock get P4P recognition..... EmptySat Jan 16, 2010 7:41 pm

Let me ask it this way then.

Do any of the ever growing # of super heavies get p4p points for mowing threw other super heavies?
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

PostSubject: Re: Does Brock get P4P recognition.....   Does Brock get P4P recognition..... EmptySat Jan 16, 2010 8:16 pm

It depends on how they do it. If they show super rounded skills then I am sure, but if it is just typical meat truck KOs and wrestling, no way.
Back to top Go down
oggy420
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt

PostSubject: Re: Does Brock get P4P recognition.....   Does Brock get P4P recognition..... EmptySat Jan 16, 2010 8:34 pm

when Brock is able to use other aspects of fighting besides his size and strength to beat people then he will get recognition. When i see Brock sub someone or ko someone with good boxing technique he will gain my full respect, but right now all he does is grab them and use his strentgh to get them down, and then drop those canned hams on them with hammer fists. That is not showing well rounded skills.
Back to top Go down
timthebim
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
timthebim

Favorite Fighter(s) : BJ PENN, JOSH KOSCHECK, SPIDER

PostSubject: Re: Does Brock get P4P recognition.....   Does Brock get P4P recognition..... EmptySat Jan 16, 2010 8:59 pm

Winning is all the skills I need to see.
Back to top Go down
oggy420
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt

PostSubject: Re: Does Brock get P4P recognition.....   Does Brock get P4P recognition..... EmptySat Jan 16, 2010 9:10 pm

is strait rankings yes, not p4p rankings. P4P means if all these guys were the same size, who's skills would come out on top. Yes quality wins do play into it but they are not the deciding factor, at least for me. All the guys at the top p4p list win their fights, it's how they do it that seperates them.
Back to top Go down
timthebim
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
timthebim

PostSubject: Re: Does Brock get P4P recognition.....   Does Brock get P4P recognition..... EmptySat Jan 16, 2010 9:12 pm

I was argueing with some1 about this yesterday oggy it may have been LA but my point was if BJ was Brocks size the skills he has now might not be the same. He said i over analzye it but you kinda have to if I go by the things u just said.
Back to top Go down
timthebim
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
timthebim

PostSubject: Re: Does Brock get P4P recognition.....   Does Brock get P4P recognition..... EmptySat Jan 16, 2010 9:13 pm

And by the way i dont have Brock in my top 10 or 20 either I dont think.
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

PostSubject: Re: Does Brock get P4P recognition.....   Does Brock get P4P recognition..... EmptySat Jan 16, 2010 9:41 pm

timthebim wrote:
I was argueing with some1 about this yesterday oggy it may have been LA but my point was if BJ was Brocks size the skills he has now might not be the same. He said i over analzye it but you kinda have to if I go by the things u just said.

Ya, I saw that. I disagree that you're over analyzing as much as not using much analysis at all.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Does Brock get P4P recognition.....   Does Brock get P4P recognition..... EmptySat Jan 16, 2010 10:57 pm

The reason why p4p rankings are stupid is because for instance if Anderson Silva was the same size as Brock then he wouldn't have the reach advantage he has now over opponents and he wouldn't be anywhere near as fast. Also, if you were Brock why would you waste your time learning submissions when no one in the UFC can get anywhere near him the way he is now?

For me when i'm doing my p4p rankings I just base it on how good they are compared to everyone else in their division.
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

PostSubject: Re: Does Brock get P4P recognition.....   Does Brock get P4P recognition..... EmptySat Jan 16, 2010 11:09 pm

Ya no one can submit Lesnar, no one right?
Back to top Go down
timthebim
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
timthebim

PostSubject: Re: Does Brock get P4P recognition.....   Does Brock get P4P recognition..... EmptySat Jan 16, 2010 11:33 pm

Wolfgangsta wrote:

Ur right no 1 can lol.
Back to top Go down
thedarkwingduck2k50
Yellow Belt
Yellow Belt

PostSubject: Re: Does Brock get P4P recognition.....   Does Brock get P4P recognition..... EmptySun Jan 17, 2010 12:32 pm

oggy420 wrote:
when Brock is able to use other aspects of fighting besides his size and strength to beat people then he will get recognition. When i see Brock sub someone or ko someone with good boxing technique he will gain my full respect, but right now all he does is grab them and use his strentgh to get them down, and then drop those canned hams on them with hammer fists. That is not showing well rounded skills.

i dont think he just use his strength to hold people down. in his second fight with mir, brock used very good wrestling skills to stifle mir's BJJ, and we know how good mir is fighting off his back. i dont think brock gets enough credit for this. i consider him to be the shaquille o'neal of mma. shaq was unstoppable within 4 feet of the hoop, as brock is unstoppable with the takedowns and GnP. both guys dont have exceptional all around skills for their respective sports, but they still can dominate because they are very good and efficient at what they do, and in the end it's the W that counts.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Does Brock get P4P recognition.....   Does Brock get P4P recognition..... EmptySun Jan 17, 2010 1:34 pm

Wolfgangsta wrote:

If you read my post properly instead of being a sarcastic idiot then you'd realise I never mentioned anything about him ever being submitted or that he can't be submitted. I said why should he waste his time learning submissions. Which was meant that he doesn't need BJJ.
Back to top Go down
thedarkwingduck2k50
Yellow Belt
Yellow Belt

PostSubject: Re: Does Brock get P4P recognition.....   Does Brock get P4P recognition..... EmptySun Jan 17, 2010 1:50 pm

freakzilla316ftw wrote:
Wolfgangsta wrote:

If you read my post properly instead of being a sarcastic idiot then you'd realise I never mentioned anything about him ever being submitted or that he can't be submitted. I said why should he waste his time learning submissions. Which was meant that he doesn't need BJJ.

great wrestlers have to learn BJJ, if anything to learn defending against it. and you cant defend it unless you know how it works. that was how royce gracie was so successful during the inception of MMA, nobody was ready for BJJ
Back to top Go down
redvexx8
Green Belt
Green Belt
redvexx8

PostSubject: Re: Does Brock get P4P recognition.....   Does Brock get P4P recognition..... EmptySun Jan 17, 2010 10:37 pm

captain organic wrote:

Would he be mowing threw guys if it werent for his size and the HGH he took?
Back to top Go down
MikeyLikesIt
White Belt
White Belt

PostSubject: Re: Does Brock get P4P recognition.....   Does Brock get P4P recognition..... EmptySun Jan 17, 2010 11:58 pm

Since when does pound for pound mean if all of these guys were the same size? Pound for pound means how dominant they are at their weight classes. Brock is the #2 HW in the world until proven otherwise. He hasn't had many fights though so P4P he is near the bottom of the top 10.
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

PostSubject: Re: Does Brock get P4P recognition.....   Does Brock get P4P recognition..... EmptyMon Jan 18, 2010 12:35 am

MikeyLikesIt wrote:
Since when does pound for pound mean if all of these guys were the same size? Pound for pound means how dominant they are at their weight classes. Brock is the #2 HW in the world until proven otherwise. He hasn't had many fights though so P4P he is near the bottom of the top 10.

Wikipedia ;
Quote :

Pound for pound is the term used in boxing, mixed martial arts, and other combat sports to describe a fighter's value in relation to fighters of different weight classes. In boxing, Ring Magazine's pound for pound list is the established standard for ranking fighters pound for pound. Because of the emphasis on the size of the boxer, pound for pound ratings predominantly feature fewer heavyweights, focusing primarily on boxers middleweight or below.

It can also be used to describe how any two things compare when bearing in mind their varying quantities. For example, a tin of tomatoes weighing 250 g and costing $2.50 is more expensive, pound for pound, than one weighing 500 g and costing $4 (as the former costs $1.00 per 100 g and the latter $0.80 per 100 g).

Urban Dictionary ;

Quote :
Pound for Pound is the term used in boxing, mixed martial arts and other combat sports to describe a fighter's value in relation to fighters of different weight classes.
Robinson was called the pound for pound best without being expected to beat much larger fighters, under the belief that he as a Middleweight was still a better quality fighter than any fighter fighting at heavier or lighter weights than him.
Back to top Go down
Birdofthad
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Ken shamrock, Frank Shamrock, Guy Mezger, Pete Williams, you get it Lions Den

PostSubject: Re: Does Brock get P4P recognition.....   Does Brock get P4P recognition..... EmptyMon Jan 18, 2010 3:18 am

I think brock is worthy of a 17 to 25 area, if Machida is Brocks size I think he still ends up on his back
Back to top Go down
LA
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
LA

Favorite Fighter(s) : Lyoto Machida, BJ Penn, Anderson Silva, Jose Aldo

PostSubject: Re: Does Brock get P4P recognition.....   Does Brock get P4P recognition..... EmptyMon Jan 18, 2010 3:21 am

Easy answer, No
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

PostSubject: Re: Does Brock get P4P recognition.....   Does Brock get P4P recognition..... EmptyMon Jan 18, 2010 3:30 am

Birdofthad wrote:
I think brock is worthy of a 17 to 25 area, if Machida is Brocks size I think he still ends up on his back

Why, Brock doesn't have the same wrestling skills as smaller athletes with D1 creds, it's all size. You are being fooled into thinking his wrestling is better than it is. People have a natural association of size with skill, and this is why HW's always draw more even if to educated viewers they're big retards. It's subconcious.
Back to top Go down
Birdofthad
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Ken shamrock, Frank Shamrock, Guy Mezger, Pete Williams, you get it Lions Den

PostSubject: Re: Does Brock get P4P recognition.....   Does Brock get P4P recognition..... EmptyMon Jan 18, 2010 3:56 am

I know what your saying
the way I look at it is if he in P4P is fighting someone I blow them up to him at heavyweight, I think alot of people on the list would have problems with his size even if they were a heavy

If he dropped down he would be like a Sherk IMO with less wrestling skill but better uscle

was Sherk ever on P4P lists? cause I think he was, maybe Im wrong?
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

PostSubject: Re: Does Brock get P4P recognition.....   Does Brock get P4P recognition..... EmptyMon Jan 18, 2010 4:28 am

Sherk was but Sherk benefited from the old age where wrestling was all you needed and he was more well rounded than Brock is by a large margin anyway. Sherk has 30 plus fights, Brock has five.

Shrunken down, on today's p4p, he isn't even close to as good as Jake Rosholt or Josh Koscheck.
Back to top Go down
Ninja
Administrator
Administrator
Ninja

Favorite Fighter(s) : Anyone with the last name Rua or Emelianenko and Uncle Creepy

PostSubject: Re: Does Brock get P4P recognition.....   Does Brock get P4P recognition..... EmptyMon Jan 18, 2010 8:59 am

MikeyLikesIt wrote:

Basically since the beginning of time. Neutral
Back to top Go down
https://ninjasplace.forumotion.net
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Does Brock get P4P recognition.....   Does Brock get P4P recognition..... Empty

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next