Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Brock looking for a way out of UFC/MMA

Go down 
+12
acccardinal12
joshkellerseattle
LA
redvexx8
Birdofthad
josh200612
KingsOwn19
Ludo
Andrew the Raider King
timthebim
GDPofDRC
JerseyStyle
16 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
JerseyStyle
Orange Belt
Orange Belt

Brock looking for a way out of UFC/MMA Empty
PostSubject: Brock looking for a way out of UFC/MMA   Brock looking for a way out of UFC/MMA EmptyMon Dec 27, 2010 5:46 pm

From MMA Round up
https://www.facebook.com/home.php?#!/MMARoundup

This may go along with the topic already started "Is Brock Lesnar Holding Out on the UFC Over WrestleMania?"

Quote :
According to Dave Meltzer of Yahoo! Sports/Wrestling Observer, Brock is currently looking for an "exit strategy" from the UFC.

Meltzer said on his radio show that the fight with Velasquez has changed Brock's attitude on fighting and he is at the stage in his life where he doesn't want to get injured. He's very well off financially and the business man in him apparently knows that it may be time to move on.

Meltzer also mentioned that Brock hasn't trained a single day since the Velasquez fight nor he has returned any phone calls to Dana or Zuffa about upcoming matches.

Dave pointed out if Brock was motivated, he would be right back in the gym training and bringing in new coaches with the goal of beating Cain yet he isn't doing that. He's hunting and hasn't even thought about his next fight. Lesnar apparently wants to do WrestleMania "badly" and will earn an estimated 2 million dollars for 30 minutes of work.

Everything is pointing towards Brock having one more fight and ending his contract. His head doesn't seem to be in the fighting game and it looks like it was just yet another successful business move.

He is definitely hunting. From the looks of these pictures Cain gave him a real nice beauty mark.

Brock looking for a way out of UFC/MMA Brock-lesnar-catches-deer

Brock looking for a way out of UFC/MMA Brock-lesnar-holding-deer

Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

Favorite Fighter(s) : Shogun, Fedor, Wand, Saku, Hendo, BJ, Bas, Cain, Mike Vallely

PostSubject: Re: Brock looking for a way out of UFC/MMA   Brock looking for a way out of UFC/MMA EmptyMon Dec 27, 2010 5:57 pm

Not hard to believe. I think he liked it until he got lumped up a few times, he could probably realize that pro wrestling is where his more lucrative future is.

On second thought, after seeing the ghost of Brock Lesnar in Brock Lesnar's own eyes in the hunting pic, I'd say get a hunting show in Versus or OLN and do what your passionate about while making a few bucks in the process. His fan base would follow and the MMA fans would be exchanged for hunting fans.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/v/skCV2L0c6K0
timthebim
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
timthebim

Favorite Fighter(s) : BJ PENN, JOSH KOSCHECK, SPIDER

PostSubject: Re: Brock looking for a way out of UFC/MMA   Brock looking for a way out of UFC/MMA EmptyMon Dec 27, 2010 6:20 pm

I hope these reports arent right. I would love to see Brock continue to fight in the UFC.
Back to top Go down
Andrew the Raider King
Red Belt
Red Belt
Andrew the Raider King

Favorite Fighter(s) : Chael, Sexyama, Condit, Hendricks, Cowboy, Struve

PostSubject: Re: Brock looking for a way out of UFC/MMA   Brock looking for a way out of UFC/MMA EmptyMon Dec 27, 2010 6:45 pm

For me it is like Randy. I love the 5-time champ, but whatever makes him happy. If Brock wants to hunt or wrestle or fight, then do what makes you happy. If I had his money, I certainly wouldn't want to be getting punched in the face.
Back to top Go down
Ludo
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
Ludo

Favorite Fighter(s) : The Prodigy, The Great, Viking Dahmer, The Phenom

PostSubject: Re: Brock looking for a way out of UFC/MMA   Brock looking for a way out of UFC/MMA EmptyMon Dec 27, 2010 6:49 pm

GDPofDRC wrote:
Not hard to believe. I think he liked it until he got lumped up a few times, he could probably realize that pro wrestling is where his more lucrative future is.

On second thought, after seeing the ghost of Brock Lesnar in Brock Lesnar's own eyes in the hunting pic, I'd say get a hunting show in Versus or OLN and do what your passionate about while making a few bucks in the process. His fan base would follow and the MMA fans would be exchanged for hunting fans.

What ghost? He looks normal to Me.
Back to top Go down
KingsOwn19
Administrator
Administrator
KingsOwn19

Favorite Fighter(s) : Lyoto Machida, BJ Penn, Anderson Silva,Dan Henderson, Emelianenko Fedor, Josh Barnett

PostSubject: Re: Brock looking for a way out of UFC/MMA   Brock looking for a way out of UFC/MMA EmptyMon Dec 27, 2010 6:54 pm

This is Dave, so i don't believe this 100% but it's possble Brock felt as extremely overmatched as he looked in his last bout and is at a loss of confidence right now.

The reason i'm leaning towards this being the truth is that this is Brock Lesnar...it would just be another thing Brock gave up on prematurely...like his pro wrestling career or even his real wrestling career.

Poor deer. Maybe people can use these pics as a nice photoshop oppurtunity involving Frank Mir
Back to top Go down
josh200612
Silver Belt
Silver Belt
josh200612

Favorite Fighter(s) : Rashad Evans #1!,Rampage,GSP,Couture,Chael Sonnen,BJ Penn,Robbie Lawler,King MO,Frank Mir

PostSubject: Re: Brock looking for a way out of UFC/MMA   Brock looking for a way out of UFC/MMA EmptyMon Dec 27, 2010 7:51 pm

WOW! i hope this isn't true but i had a feeling his ass didn't want to get hit anymore.
Back to top Go down
Birdofthad
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Ken shamrock, Frank Shamrock, Guy Mezger, Pete Williams, you get it Lions Den

PostSubject: Re: Brock looking for a way out of UFC/MMA   Brock looking for a way out of UFC/MMA EmptyMon Dec 27, 2010 7:53 pm

hes in his mid 30's has millions, hasn't lived and breathed the sport for most of his life like alot of these fighters have... good for Brock if he retires, he accomplished alot, had a good run, brought fans to the sport and left on his own terms.

Not many can say that

Last edited by Birdofthad on Mon Dec 27, 2010 9:29 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
timthebim
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
timthebim

PostSubject: Re: Brock looking for a way out of UFC/MMA   Brock looking for a way out of UFC/MMA EmptyMon Dec 27, 2010 9:11 pm

Birdofthad wrote:
hes in his mid 30's has millions, hasn't lived and breathed the sort for most of his life like alot of these fighters have... good for Brock if he retires, he accomplished alot, had a good run, brought fans to the sport and left on his own terms.

Not many can say that

Well said Bird.
Back to top Go down
redvexx8
Green Belt
Green Belt
redvexx8

PostSubject: Re: Brock looking for a way out of UFC/MMA   Brock looking for a way out of UFC/MMA EmptyTue Dec 28, 2010 12:37 am

Fedor should have took that fight with Brock when he had the chance...
Back to top Go down
KingsOwn19
Administrator
Administrator
KingsOwn19

Favorite Fighter(s) : Lyoto Machida, BJ Penn, Anderson Silva,Dan Henderson, Emelianenko Fedor, Josh Barnett

PostSubject: Re: Brock looking for a way out of UFC/MMA   Brock looking for a way out of UFC/MMA EmptyTue Dec 28, 2010 1:22 am

redvexx8 wrote:

Why? People would have just called Lesnar a can after the fact just like they do all Fedor's opponents.
Back to top Go down
LA
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
LA

Favorite Fighter(s) : Lyoto Machida, BJ Penn, Anderson Silva, Jose Aldo

PostSubject: Re: Brock looking for a way out of UFC/MMA   Brock looking for a way out of UFC/MMA EmptyTue Dec 28, 2010 5:28 pm

Brock vs Mir III UFC 131
Back to top Go down
timthebim
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
timthebim

PostSubject: Re: Brock looking for a way out of UFC/MMA   Brock looking for a way out of UFC/MMA EmptyTue Dec 28, 2010 9:30 pm

LA wrote:
Brock vs Mir III UFC 131

Fuck it sounds good to me.
Back to top Go down
joshkellerseattle
Orange Belt
Orange Belt
joshkellerseattle

Favorite Fighter(s) : Machida, GSP, Randy

PostSubject: Re: Brock looking for a way out of UFC/MMA   Brock looking for a way out of UFC/MMA EmptyTue Dec 28, 2010 9:34 pm

KingsOwn19 wrote:
redvexx8 wrote:

Why? People would have just called Lesnar a can after the fact just like they do all Fedor's opponents.

Because if it happened in the UFC, all the haters and casual fans would see what Fedor is all about. I'm disgusted reading threads online about how guys like JDS and Cain would kill Fedor....my fucking ass they would!!!
Back to top Go down
timthebim
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
timthebim

PostSubject: Re: Brock looking for a way out of UFC/MMA   Brock looking for a way out of UFC/MMA EmptyTue Dec 28, 2010 9:36 pm

joshkellerseattle wrote:
KingsOwn19 wrote:
redvexx8 wrote:

Because if it happened in the UFC, all the haters and casual fans would see what Fedor is all about. I'm disgusted reading threads online about how guys like JDS and Cain would kill Fedor....my fucking ass they would!!!

Cain definitely could.
Back to top Go down
joshkellerseattle
Orange Belt
Orange Belt
joshkellerseattle

PostSubject: Re: Brock looking for a way out of UFC/MMA   Brock looking for a way out of UFC/MMA EmptyTue Dec 28, 2010 9:44 pm

Could being the operative word there...I can deal with "could".

Its the "OMG dood, Cain would totally haxxor Feedor into teh living death in teh 1st! UFC RULEZZZ!" crowd that I can't stand.
Back to top Go down
timthebim
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
timthebim

PostSubject: Re: Brock looking for a way out of UFC/MMA   Brock looking for a way out of UFC/MMA EmptyTue Dec 28, 2010 9:45 pm

joshkellerseattle wrote:
Could being the operative word there...I can deal with "could".

Its the "OMG dood, Cain would totally haxxor Feedor into teh living death in teh 1st! UFC RULEZZZ!" crowd that I can't stand.

I can understand that lol.
Back to top Go down
Andrew the Raider King
Red Belt
Red Belt
Andrew the Raider King

Favorite Fighter(s) : Chael, Sexyama, Condit, Hendricks, Cowboy, Struve

PostSubject: Re: Brock looking for a way out of UFC/MMA   Brock looking for a way out of UFC/MMA EmptyTue Dec 28, 2010 10:06 pm

KingsOwn19 wrote:
redvexx8 wrote:

Fedor lost to a guy with virtually no stand-up in under 2 minutes, if that isn't a can then I don't know what is.
Back to top Go down
joshkellerseattle
Orange Belt
Orange Belt
joshkellerseattle

PostSubject: Re: Brock looking for a way out of UFC/MMA   Brock looking for a way out of UFC/MMA EmptyTue Dec 28, 2010 10:13 pm

Are you seriously calling Fedor a can?!?

Fedor made the biggest mistake of his MMA career by voluntarily jumping into the guard of the most dangerous BJJ artist in the HW division. He made a tactical error and THAT'S why he lost.
Back to top Go down
acccardinal12
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Cung Le, BJ Penn, Mayhem, Chael Sonnen, Anthony Pettis

PostSubject: Re: Brock looking for a way out of UFC/MMA   Brock looking for a way out of UFC/MMA EmptyTue Dec 28, 2010 10:51 pm

joshkellerseattle wrote:
Are you seriously calling Fedor a can?!?

Fedor made the biggest mistake of his MMA career by voluntarily jumping into the guard of the most dangerous BJJ artist in the HW division. He made a tactical error and THAT'S why he lost.

True, and any guy that knows MMA says Fedor made a rookie mistake and that Fedor would pwn the crap out of Werdum in a rematch.
Back to top Go down
Ninja
Administrator
Administrator
Ninja

Favorite Fighter(s) : Anyone with the last name Rua or Emelianenko and Uncle Creepy

PostSubject: Re: Brock looking for a way out of UFC/MMA   Brock looking for a way out of UFC/MMA EmptyTue Dec 28, 2010 10:57 pm

Andrew the Raider King wrote:
KingsOwn19 wrote:
redvexx8 wrote:

Fedor lost to a guy with virtually no stand-up in under 2 minutes, if that isn't a can then I don't know what is.

Brock looking for a way out of UFC/MMA TheStupidIsStrongWithThisOne
Back to top Go down
https://ninjasplace.forumotion.net
Birdofthad
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Ken shamrock, Frank Shamrock, Guy Mezger, Pete Williams, you get it Lions Den

PostSubject: Re: Brock looking for a way out of UFC/MMA   Brock looking for a way out of UFC/MMA EmptyTue Dec 28, 2010 11:00 pm

BWAHAHAH thats an epic picture ^^^^^ and Werdum is far from a can, hes the exact opposite
Back to top Go down
acccardinal12
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Cung Le, BJ Penn, Mayhem, Chael Sonnen, Anthony Pettis

PostSubject: Re: Brock looking for a way out of UFC/MMA   Brock looking for a way out of UFC/MMA EmptyTue Dec 28, 2010 11:10 pm

Birdofthad wrote:
BWAHAHAH thats an epic picture ^^^^^ and Werdum is far from a can, hes the exact opposite

Werdum is still a top 15 guy to me even if he had been beaten by Fedor. That is not a can at all. Fedor went wild and had a slip up. Nobody is perfect, but there is only one baddest man on the planet. His name is Fedor.....and he needs to start fighting!!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
LA
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
LA

Favorite Fighter(s) : Lyoto Machida, BJ Penn, Anderson Silva, Jose Aldo

PostSubject: Re: Brock looking for a way out of UFC/MMA   Brock looking for a way out of UFC/MMA EmptyWed Dec 29, 2010 2:09 am

Well Werdum is no can, but people are overrateing him now, and yes Fedor was dumb as hell in that fight. On Cain or Jr beating Fedor, both would certainly have a chance, Cain has such a complete game for Fedor, that's an interesting fight.
Back to top Go down
captain organic
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
captain organic

PostSubject: Re: Brock looking for a way out of UFC/MMA   Brock looking for a way out of UFC/MMA EmptyWed Dec 29, 2010 2:48 am

Ha ha, I called this.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Brock looking for a way out of UFC/MMA   Brock looking for a way out of UFC/MMA Empty

Back to top Go down

Brock looking for a way out of UFC/MMA
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next