Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Why all the Brock vs Mir 3 ?

Go down 
+2
LA
acccardinal12
6 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
acccardinal12
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Cung Le, BJ Penn, Mayhem, Chael Sonnen, Anthony Pettis

Why all the Brock vs Mir 3 ? Empty
PostSubject: Why all the Brock vs Mir 3 ?   Why all the Brock vs Mir 3 ? EmptyWed Dec 29, 2010 8:55 pm

Dana said he got alot of negative feedback a few weeks ago and said he wasn't gonna make that fight. Am I missing out on something? I can't see why that fight would happen again after Brock beat the guy twice. Is there any evidence that I am missing out on?
Back to top Go down
LA
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
LA

Favorite Fighter(s) : Lyoto Machida, BJ Penn, Anderson Silva, Jose Aldo

PostSubject: Re: Why all the Brock vs Mir 3 ?   Why all the Brock vs Mir 3 ? EmptyWed Dec 29, 2010 8:55 pm

Need for fights to be made
Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

Favorite Fighter(s) : Shogun, Fedor, Wand, Saku, Hendo, BJ, Bas, Cain, Mike Vallely

PostSubject: Re: Why all the Brock vs Mir 3 ?   Why all the Brock vs Mir 3 ? EmptyWed Dec 29, 2010 8:58 pm

Even with people out, this fight is not something I'm all that interested in.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/v/skCV2L0c6K0
LA
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
LA

PostSubject: Re: Why all the Brock vs Mir 3 ?   Why all the Brock vs Mir 3 ? EmptyWed Dec 29, 2010 9:03 pm

Just not that many other directions they can go.
Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

Favorite Fighter(s) : Shogun, Fedor, Wand, Saku, Hendo, BJ, Bas, Cain, Mike Vallely

PostSubject: Re: Why all the Brock vs Mir 3 ?   Why all the Brock vs Mir 3 ? EmptyWed Dec 29, 2010 9:06 pm

Schaub vs Struve is the dumb move making that lack of direction so.
Back to top Go down
Birdofthad
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Ken shamrock, Frank Shamrock, Guy Mezger, Pete Williams, you get it Lions Den

PostSubject: Re: Why all the Brock vs Mir 3 ?   Why all the Brock vs Mir 3 ? EmptyWed Dec 29, 2010 9:10 pm

well its 1-1 but the last one was so 1 sided I have no interest in it
Back to top Go down
LA
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
LA

PostSubject: Re: Why all the Brock vs Mir 3 ?   Why all the Brock vs Mir 3 ? EmptyWed Dec 29, 2010 9:11 pm

I think that is a natural fight for where both guys are at actually.

Schuab is fighting Cop now most likely though.

Cain is injured with JDS waiting for him

Nelson in negot limbo

Carwin hurt

That leaves guys like Kongo, Rothwell, Madsen only for Mir, Struve and Nog for Brock or Mir to fight. The biggest draw would still be Brock vs Mir III.

Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

PostSubject: Re: Why all the Brock vs Mir 3 ?   Why all the Brock vs Mir 3 ? EmptyWed Dec 29, 2010 9:15 pm

Oh yeah cro cop, Schuab has had as many people in front of him this month as Overeem has. Brandon vs Frank would of been cool though. Shit, Brock vs Cro Cop would of been interesting in a Japanese freakrira show kind of way, or Strueve.
Back to top Go down
LA
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
LA

PostSubject: Re: Why all the Brock vs Mir 3 ?   Why all the Brock vs Mir 3 ? EmptyWed Dec 29, 2010 9:25 pm

Ideally

Cain vs JDS
Mir vs Nelson
Brock vs Carwin II
Nog vs Cop II
Struve vs Schuab
Madsen vs Rothwell
Kongo vs Barry

Maybe something like that
Back to top Go down
killerofchicken
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
killerofchicken

Favorite Fighter(s) : Mauricio Shogun Rua, BJ Penn, AXE MURDERER,Fedor, CroCop, Vitor Belfort, JDS

PostSubject: Re: Why all the Brock vs Mir 3 ?   Why all the Brock vs Mir 3 ? EmptyWed Dec 29, 2010 9:26 pm

LA wrote:
I think that is a natural fight for where both guys are at actually.

Schuab is fighting Cop now most likely though.

Cain is injured with JDS waiting for him

Nelson in negot limbo

Carwin hurt

That leaves guys like Kongo, Rothwell, Madsen only for Mir, Struve and Nog for Brock or Mir to fight. The biggest draw would still be Brock vs Mir III.

I really dont care what the biggest draw is, all i know is that Brock would be fighting his 8th MMA fight and 3 of them would be againist Mur...
Back to top Go down
LA
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
LA

PostSubject: Re: Why all the Brock vs Mir 3 ?   Why all the Brock vs Mir 3 ? EmptyWed Dec 29, 2010 9:32 pm

That's the way it worked out, he is a former UFC HW Champion...

What can you possibly setup with Cain, JDS, Carwin and Nelson all not available?
Back to top Go down
acccardinal12
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

PostSubject: Re: Why all the Brock vs Mir 3 ?   Why all the Brock vs Mir 3 ? EmptyWed Dec 29, 2010 9:44 pm

Birdofthad wrote:
well its 1-1 but the last one was so 1 sided I have no interest in it

Mir never beat Brock. Brock beat him in the first by tko when the ref pulled him off of Mir. Then Brock got tripped and asked the ref to get this guy off his ankle since he had already won. That's how I saw it. Either way if Brock vs Mir happens it will be the first step of the downfall of MMA. Brock vs Mir 3 is what Don King would do right now. Do I need to say more?
Back to top Go down
acccardinal12
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

PostSubject: Re: Why all the Brock vs Mir 3 ?   Why all the Brock vs Mir 3 ? EmptyWed Dec 29, 2010 9:52 pm

LA wrote:

What can you possibly setup with Cain, JDS, Carwin and Nelson all not available?

About ten different scenarios. UFC has 25 to 40 HW fighters. I am sure they can come up with someone besides Mir for Brock. Making this fight only means they are putting money before everything and knowing the fans know it. Brock vs Mir 3 is Don King all over again if ya know what I mean.
Back to top Go down
bobbitt15
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Chael Sonnen, Michael Chandler, Jorge Masvidal, Carlos Condit

PostSubject: Re: Why all the Brock vs Mir 3 ?   Why all the Brock vs Mir 3 ? EmptyWed Dec 29, 2010 9:54 pm

Even though I have no desire to see it again, at the end of the day Mir is a consensus top 10 HW and the only one available for Brock to fight right now
Back to top Go down
LA
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
LA

PostSubject: Re: Why all the Brock vs Mir 3 ?   Why all the Brock vs Mir 3 ? EmptyWed Dec 29, 2010 9:58 pm

bigbeastcardinal12 wrote:
LA wrote:

About ten different scenarios. UFC has 25 to 40 HW fighters. I am sure they can come up with someone besides Mir for Brock. Making this fight only means they are putting money before everything and knowing the fans know it. Brock vs Mir 3 is Don King all over again if ya know what I mean.

Huh? see above where I posted why there aren't many options. Brock vs Struve? why? Brock vs Kongo? Brock vs Rothwell? these are your options.
Back to top Go down
acccardinal12
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

PostSubject: Re: Why all the Brock vs Mir 3 ?   Why all the Brock vs Mir 3 ? EmptyWed Dec 29, 2010 10:01 pm

bobbitt15 wrote:
Even though I have no desire to see it again, at the end of the day Mir is a consensus top 10 HW and the only one available for Brock to fight right now

Yeah I agree. With the exception that Mir is not top ten (unless you meant UFC only), and there are a few other guys that Brock could fight that could be made available by Zuffa.
Back to top Go down
acccardinal12
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

PostSubject: Re: Why all the Brock vs Mir 3 ?   Why all the Brock vs Mir 3 ? EmptyWed Dec 29, 2010 10:06 pm

LA wrote:
LA wrote:

Huh? see above where I posted why there aren't many options. Brock vs Struve? why? Brock vs Kongo? Brock vs Rothwell? these are your options.

Over Mir vs Brock 3 HELL YEAH! Brock has already showed the world he is better than Mir. Why are you for Brock vs Mir 3 over the guys I mentioned is the real question?

Brock vs Struve is way more intresting to me right now. I know Brock would take Struve down just as easy, but atleast it is a fresh fight for Brock. It would give Mir another opponent as well.
Back to top Go down
bobbitt15
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Chael Sonnen, Michael Chandler, Jorge Masvidal, Carlos Condit

PostSubject: Re: Why all the Brock vs Mir 3 ?   Why all the Brock vs Mir 3 ? EmptyWed Dec 29, 2010 10:07 pm

Mir is ranked top 10 by every set of rankings out there
Back to top Go down
LA
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
LA

PostSubject: Re: Why all the Brock vs Mir 3 ?   Why all the Brock vs Mir 3 ? EmptyWed Dec 29, 2010 10:11 pm

LA wrote:
LA wrote:

Over Mir vs Brock 3 HELL YEAH! Brock has already showed the world he is better than Mir. Why are you for Brock vs Mir 3 over the guys I mentioned is the real question?

Brock vs Struve is way more intresting to me right now. I know Brock would take Struve down just as easy, but atleast it is a fresh fight for Brock. It would give Mir another opponent as well.

Literally no interest in Brock vs Struve and the fight makes no sense, Mir is still a top 10 guys as is Brock, with the landscape as is, it's the best they can do at the moment.
Back to top Go down
acccardinal12
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

PostSubject: Re: Why all the Brock vs Mir 3 ?   Why all the Brock vs Mir 3 ? EmptyWed Dec 29, 2010 10:13 pm

bobbitt15 wrote:
Mir is ranked top 10 by every set of rankings out there

I know. I am being stubborn and I am not Imprezzed with Frank now days. He didn't show me anything against CC and got pummled by Carwin. Brock raped theguy twice and almost made Frank handicapped in the last fight. I don't see the need for this fight. Let them fight the next guy down the ladder. If I had my choice I would have Brock fight JDS in a few months and let the winner fight Cain for the title. That is too good to be true though. I'd take Brock against JDS too.
Back to top Go down
acccardinal12
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

PostSubject: Re: Why all the Brock vs Mir 3 ?   Why all the Brock vs Mir 3 ? EmptyWed Dec 29, 2010 10:16 pm

LA wrote:
LA wrote:
LA wrote:

Literally no interest in Brock vs Struve and the fight makes no sense, Mir is still a top 10 guys as is Brock, with the landscape as is, it's the best they can do at the moment.

I don't agree. I think they should find someone else for Brock and Mir. I don't care about who is ranked what either. I just checked and the UFC has 27 guys on their roster. They probably have a few more. They can find someone else for each guy and I think it would be a better business decision.
Back to top Go down
LA
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
LA

PostSubject: Re: Why all the Brock vs Mir 3 ?   Why all the Brock vs Mir 3 ? EmptyWed Dec 29, 2010 10:18 pm

But of those 27, who makes sense? you go from longest Title reign at HW in the UFC to Struve?
Back to top Go down
bobbitt15
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

PostSubject: Re: Why all the Brock vs Mir 3 ?   Why all the Brock vs Mir 3 ? EmptyWed Dec 29, 2010 10:23 pm

I'd rather see him face Rothwell just for a new challenge but Frank is the highest ranked/biggest money fight out there
Back to top Go down
acccardinal12
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

PostSubject: Re: Why all the Brock vs Mir 3 ?   Why all the Brock vs Mir 3 ? EmptyWed Dec 29, 2010 10:27 pm

LA wrote:
But of those 27, who makes sense? you go from longest Title reign at HW in the UFC to Struve?

Uhhh YES! What a Face
Back to top Go down
LA
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
LA

PostSubject: Re: Why all the Brock vs Mir 3 ?   Why all the Brock vs Mir 3 ? EmptyWed Dec 29, 2010 10:28 pm

I actually liked Rothwell of any non top guy aswell, bu doubt that would be made.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Why all the Brock vs Mir 3 ?   Why all the Brock vs Mir 3 ? Empty

Back to top Go down

Why all the Brock vs Mir 3 ?
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next