Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Dana says a Silva Weidman rematch is happening

Go down 
+3
acccardinal12
OU
GDPofDRC
7 posters
AuthorMessage
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

Favorite Fighter(s) : Shogun, Fedor, Wand, Saku, Hendo, BJ, Bas, Cain, Mike Vallely

Dana says a Silva Weidman rematch is happening Empty
PostSubject: Dana says a Silva Weidman rematch is happening   Dana says a Silva Weidman rematch is happening EmptyMon Jul 08, 2013 3:14 pm

http://www.mmajunkie.com/news/2013/07/chris-weidman-vs-anderson-silva-ii-could-take-place-at-ufc-168

Chris Weidman vs. Anderson Silva II could take place at UFC 168

by MMAjunkie.com Staff on Jul 08, 2013 at 2:00 pm ET

The UFC's traditional year-end event could very well have a new headliner if UFC President Dana White has his way.

White today told the Los Angeles Times' Lance Pugmire that he's targeting UFC 168, which takes place Dec. 28 at Las Vegas' MGM Grand Garden Arena, for the rematch of this past weekend's UFC 162 headliner between Chris Weidman (10-0 MMA, 6-0 UFC) and Anderson Silva (33-5 MMA, 16-1 UFC). MMAjunkie.com (www.mmajunkie.com) has since confirmed White's intentions with a UFC official.

"@danawhite just told me he's so amped about @SpiderAnderson @ChrisWeidmanUFC rematch, he's thinking of moving it to Dec. 28," Pugmire wrote on Twitter. "@danawhite said he'd shift @RondaRousey @MieshaTate bout to Super Bowl weekend, just considering it now."

Following this past Saturday night's historic UFC 162 event in Las Vegas, White officially announced UFC 168 would see women's bantamweight champion Ronda Rousey (7-0 MMA, 1-0 UFC) would face former Strikeforce title holder Miesha Tate (13-4 MMA, 0-1 UFC) in the evening's main event. However, he's since reconsidered his position and it seems will now attempt to book Weidman vs. Silva II for the night's featured slot.

Weidman has already expressed his desire to face Silva a second time after scoring a second-round knockout over "The Spider" at UFC 162 to become just the sixth middleweight champion in UFC history. The former champ has suggested he's not interested in the reamtch right now, but White believes time will see the Brazilian reconsider his position and seek redemption against the undefeated Weidman.

If Weidman vs. Silva II does take place at UFC 168, the Rousey vs. Tate bout would likely head an as-yet-unnamed UFC event that's scheduled for Feb. 1 at Prudential Center in Newark, N.J. However, UFC execs to officially make the switch.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/v/skCV2L0c6K0
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

PostSubject: Re: Dana says a Silva Weidman rematch is happening   Dana says a Silva Weidman rematch is happening EmptyMon Jul 08, 2013 3:27 pm

Awesome, I think it needs to happen. They need to get it on and see who the better man is. I still think it's Chris but only an idiot would count out Anderson. Love it. Vitor vs Mousasi please.
Back to top Go down
acccardinal12
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Cung Le, BJ Penn, Mayhem, Chael Sonnen, Anthony Pettis

PostSubject: Re: Dana says a Silva Weidman rematch is happening   Dana says a Silva Weidman rematch is happening EmptyMon Jul 08, 2013 3:32 pm

I agree, but if Silva wins to we get a third fight? Vitor vs Mousasi is a fight I wanna see bad!
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

PostSubject: Re: Dana says a Silva Weidman rematch is happening   Dana says a Silva Weidman rematch is happening EmptyMon Jul 08, 2013 3:34 pm

bigbeastcardinal12 wrote:
I agree, but if Silva wins to we get a third fight? Vitor vs Mousasi is a fight I wanna see bad!

Depends on how it goes down. But yeah, why not? This is the real rivalry Anderson should be known for. Not Chael the fraud. But the real deal Weidman.
Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

Favorite Fighter(s) : Shogun, Fedor, Wand, Saku, Hendo, BJ, Bas, Cain, Mike Vallely

PostSubject: Re: Dana says a Silva Weidman rematch is happening   Dana says a Silva Weidman rematch is happening EmptyMon Jul 08, 2013 3:35 pm

No doubt.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: Dana says a Silva Weidman rematch is happening   Dana says a Silva Weidman rematch is happening EmptyMon Jul 08, 2013 3:45 pm

I wouldn't mind this situation. Vitor vs Mousasi for the NEXT shot. If Anderson does beat Weidman then hopefully Jacare pulls off the win over Okami and we could get Weidman vs Jacare and go ahead and let the winner of Mousasi-Vitor fight Anderson.
Back to top Go down
killerofchicken
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
killerofchicken

Favorite Fighter(s) : Mauricio Shogun Rua, BJ Penn, AXE MURDERER,Fedor, CroCop, Vitor Belfort, JDS

PostSubject: Re: Dana says a Silva Weidman rematch is happening   Dana says a Silva Weidman rematch is happening EmptyMon Jul 08, 2013 8:22 pm

If weidman was to lose why does he not deserve a rematch himself? It would make it 1-1 and an awesome trilogy... But weidman isn't losing anyway, Anderson was exposed against Chael with the wrestling and Weidman is a much better fighter than Chael
Back to top Go down
thessy11
Orange Belt
Orange Belt

PostSubject: Re: Dana says a Silva Weidman rematch is happening   Dana says a Silva Weidman rematch is happening EmptyMon Jul 08, 2013 10:32 pm

killerofchicken wrote:
If weidman was to lose why does he not deserve a rematch himself? It would make it 1-1 and an awesome trilogy... But weidman isn't losing anyway, Anderson was exposed against Chael with the wrestling and Weidman is a much better fighter than Chael

I'm personally all for a third fight in that situation, but just for the sake of answering your somewhat rhetorical question...he wouldn't, to some, deserve an immediate rematch because in that scenario, Weidman would have failed to defend the title a single time, whereas Silva defended it 10 times, going 16-0 in the UFC over the course of seven years. Silva just got KTFO (and wow, did he ever deserve it), but his reign was unprecedented and may never be matched.
Back to top Go down
SOKO
Black Belt
Black Belt
SOKO

Favorite Fighter(s) : The Dragon, Kenflo, Hendo, Guida, Ace, Wand, Cain, Carwin, Foreman, Evander, Oscar

PostSubject: Re: Dana says a Silva Weidman rematch is happening   Dana says a Silva Weidman rematch is happening EmptyTue Jul 09, 2013 11:09 am

if silva wins the rematch in style I want a vitor rematch. Maybe vitor wont stand in front of him this time haha
Back to top Go down
Stone Cold Highlander

PostSubject: Re: Dana says a Silva Weidman rematch is happening   Dana says a Silva Weidman rematch is happening EmptyTue Jul 09, 2013 11:27 am

More like Dana hopes and prays the rematch will happen.

I really don't think Anderson wants one, his body language post fight didn't strike me as a man eager to avenge that loss, he's been tweeting recently how his family is the most important title. I could see Silva hanging them up soon, he's 38 years old and already has millions in his bank account.
Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

PostSubject: Re: Dana says a Silva Weidman rematch is happening   Dana says a Silva Weidman rematch is happening EmptyTue Jul 09, 2013 11:29 am

I kind of agree.  Silva is really weird.  I could see him hanging them up and acting for the rest of his life like he doesn't care about what happened on Saturday.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Dana says a Silva Weidman rematch is happening   Dana says a Silva Weidman rematch is happening Empty

Back to top Go down

Dana says a Silva Weidman rematch is happening
Page 1 of 1