Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

UFC 162: Silva vs Weidman - July 6th

Go down 
+8
jbon821
Ninja
Cu Bu
cheekynffc
KingsOwn19
bobbitt15
OU
GDPofDRC
12 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

Favorite Fighter(s) : Shogun, Fedor, Wand, Saku, Hendo, BJ, Bas, Cain, Mike Vallely

UFC 162: Silva vs Weidman - July 6th Empty
PostSubject: UFC 162: Silva vs Weidman - July 6th   UFC 162: Silva vs Weidman - July 6th EmptyWed Jun 19, 2013 9:58 pm

UFC 162: Silva vs. Weidman
Date: July 6, 2013
Venue: MGM Grand Garden Arena
Broadcast: PPV, FX, Facebook
MAIN CARD (Pay-per-view, 10 p.m. ET)

PRELIMINARY CARD (FX, 8 p.m. ET)

PRELIMINARY CARD (Facebook, 7 p.m. ET)

Last edited by GDPofDRC on Mon Jul 08, 2013 7:33 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/v/skCV2L0c6K0
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

Favorite Fighter(s) : Shogun, Fedor, Wand, Saku, Hendo, BJ, Bas, Cain, Mike Vallely

PostSubject: Re: UFC 162: Silva vs Weidman - July 6th   UFC 162: Silva vs Weidman - July 6th EmptyWed Jun 19, 2013 10:10 pm

So win and or lose what does this fight do for Silva's legacy?
Back to top Go down
Ali
Brown Belt
Brown Belt

PostSubject: Re: UFC 162: Silva vs Weidman - July 6th   UFC 162: Silva vs Weidman - July 6th EmptyThu Jun 20, 2013 9:22 pm

I am interested to see how Munoz looks coming off that injury and entering camp really heavy. Really excited for Siver vs. Swanson, that should be FOTN and I hope the winner faces Lamas.

And of course I hope Silva blasts Weidman.

Spider Disgusted
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

PostSubject: Re: UFC 162: Silva vs Weidman - July 6th   UFC 162: Silva vs Weidman - July 6th EmptyFri Jun 21, 2013 10:07 am

GDPofDRC wrote:
So win and or lose what does this fight do for Silva's legacy?

I wish Chris wasn't coming off such a long layoff, but this would be a huge win for Anderson. It would be up there with his best wins IMO. Right now I have his top wins in this order Hendo, Ace, Vitor with Ace and Vitor wins being pretty equal and Ace maybe getting the nod for being the Champion.
But I rarely feel like Anderson has a real shot a losing, the last time was Vitor and that didn't play out like I would have thought/hoped but I think Vitor would be far more competitive in a rematch. I think Chris is a serious threat. He is the threat that many people were fooled into thinking Chael was. Better striker and better grappler then Chael. Faster, better reach(4 inches), better striking, better subs and more importantly better sub defense. I think Chris has what it takes to win.
Back to top Go down
josh200612
Silver Belt
Silver Belt
josh200612

Favorite Fighter(s) : Rashad Evans #1!,Rampage,GSP,Couture,Chael Sonnen,BJ Penn,Robbie Lawler,King MO,Frank Mir

PostSubject: Re: UFC 162: Silva vs Weidman - July 6th   UFC 162: Silva vs Weidman - July 6th EmptyFri Jun 21, 2013 10:53 am

You still can't deny that Chael was almost there beating him and the best competition he has had so far.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

PostSubject: Re: UFC 162: Silva vs Weidman - July 6th   UFC 162: Silva vs Weidman - July 6th EmptyFri Jun 21, 2013 11:01 am

josh200612 wrote:
You still can't deny that Chael was almost there beating him and the best competition he has had so far.

Yeah Chael was winning, there is no denying that. But Chris is a better fighter in every aspect of MMA. He is a far better overall grappler and far less likely to be sub'd. He is a big guy and probably atleast as physically strong as Chael or even stronger. He has more reach(4 inches) and more speed then Chael and IMO is just a bigger overall threat. I'll be more impressed with a win here then against Chael. I think Weidman would just destroy Chael easily if they fought.
If the same injured Silva that fought Chael the 1st time comes out against Weidman, he might get finished.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: UFC 162: Silva vs Weidman - July 6th   UFC 162: Silva vs Weidman - July 6th EmptyFri Jun 21, 2013 11:36 am

I hope the layoff doesn't hurt Chris. Winning this fight doesn't change Anderson legacy at all. I still have him as the 2nd GOAT and if he wins he stays there. For him to be the GOAT in my opinion he has to beat Jon Jones.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: UFC 162: Silva vs Weidman - July 6th   UFC 162: Silva vs Weidman - July 6th EmptyFri Jun 21, 2013 11:38 am

freakzilla wrote:
I hope the layoff doesn't hurt Chris. Winning this fight doesn't change Anderson legacy at all. I still have him as the 2nd GOAT and if he wins he stays there. For him to be the GOAT in my opinion he has to beat Jon Jones.
I don't think Jones is infront of Anderson on the all-time list. I think Chris could actually have a chance to beat Jon Jones.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: UFC 162: Silva vs Weidman - July 6th   UFC 162: Silva vs Weidman - July 6th EmptyFri Jun 21, 2013 11:48 am

OU wrote:
freakzilla wrote:
I don't think Jones is infront of Anderson on the all-time list. I think Chris could actually have a chance to beat Jon Jones.

Where did I say that Jon Jones is ahead of Anderson Silva on the GOAT list? Fedor is still number 1 to me. What I said is that Anderson beating Jon would push his case ahead of Fedor.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: UFC 162: Silva vs Weidman - July 6th   UFC 162: Silva vs Weidman - July 6th EmptyFri Jun 21, 2013 11:49 am

Jon Jones would destroy Weidman.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: UFC 162: Silva vs Weidman - July 6th   UFC 162: Silva vs Weidman - July 6th EmptyFri Jun 21, 2013 12:12 pm

I disagree with both.
Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

PostSubject: Re: UFC 162: Silva vs Weidman - July 6th   UFC 162: Silva vs Weidman - July 6th EmptyFri Jun 21, 2013 12:15 pm

I think if Anderson was to fight Jones and beat him today, especially at 36 years old being 11 years Jones senior, all debates of who is GOAT would end.  There is nothing about Weidman that suggests he can hang with either Jones or Silva imo.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: UFC 162: Silva vs Weidman - July 6th   UFC 162: Silva vs Weidman - July 6th EmptyFri Jun 21, 2013 12:25 pm

GDPofDRC wrote:
I think if Anderson was to fight Jones and beat him today, especially at 36 years old being 11 years Jones senior, all debates of who is GOAT would end.  There is nothing about Weidman that suggests he can hang with either Jones or Silva imo.

Do you think Chael Sonnen is a better fighter then Weidman? Do you think Vitor "hung with" Jon Jones?
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: UFC 162: Silva vs Weidman - July 6th   UFC 162: Silva vs Weidman - July 6th EmptyFri Jun 21, 2013 12:33 pm

OU wrote:
GDPofDRC wrote:

Do you think Chael Sonnen is a better fighter then Weidman? Do you think Vitor "hung with" Jon Jones?

I think Weidman is a much better fighter then Sonnen. I think Vitor was competitive vs Jones. I think Weidman would beat Vitor. I think Weidman is a better grappler and better wrestler then Jones and he has a big frame and could even be stronger then Jones. I could see Weidman subbing Jones.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: UFC 162: Silva vs Weidman - July 6th   UFC 162: Silva vs Weidman - July 6th EmptyFri Jun 21, 2013 12:55 pm

GDPofDRC wrote:

+1, This was my point also.
Back to top Go down
bobbitt15
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Chael Sonnen, Michael Chandler, Jorge Masvidal, Carlos Condit

PostSubject: Re: UFC 162: Silva vs Weidman - July 6th   UFC 162: Silva vs Weidman - July 6th EmptyFri Jun 21, 2013 1:04 pm

OU wrote:
GDPofDRC wrote:

No
Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

PostSubject: Re: UFC 162: Silva vs Weidman - July 6th   UFC 162: Silva vs Weidman - July 6th EmptyFri Jun 21, 2013 1:20 pm

If Silva breaks his ribs or has some other debilitation in the fight, then Chris's chances of just being able to hang with Silva go up a little.  But his hype remains far from warranted.  He didn't even deserve this shot all that much.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: UFC 162: Silva vs Weidman - July 6th   UFC 162: Silva vs Weidman - July 6th EmptyFri Jun 21, 2013 1:56 pm

GDPofDRC wrote:
If Silva breaks his ribs or has some other debilitation in the fight, then Chris's chances of just being able to hang with Silva go up a little.  But his hype remains far from warranted.  He didn't even deserve this shot all that much.

Only 1 person you could argue deserves it more and that's Vitor. Chris is more deserving of his title shot then 90% of all contenders over the last 2 years in all divisions.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: UFC 162: Silva vs Weidman - July 6th   UFC 162: Silva vs Weidman - July 6th EmptyFri Jun 21, 2013 1:59 pm

I'm surprised that some of you longtime fans don't see what many other fans and a good majority of fighters see. This guy is legit. I'd be willing to bet if you took a fighter poll before each Anderson fight about the chances of his opponent that Chris would get more respect then anyone Anderson has fought in the UFC to date. Meaning more fighters would think he has a realistic chance of winning compared to any other matchup Anderson has had. Fighters see, not just the ones buddy, buddy with Chris. The people saying he is over hyped are just flat out wrong.
Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

PostSubject: Re: UFC 162: Silva vs Weidman - July 6th   UFC 162: Silva vs Weidman - July 6th EmptyFri Jun 21, 2013 3:15 pm

Nobody has said he is not a legit or good fighter.  But the hype is more then actually warranted.  I'm surprised your buying into it as much as you are.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: UFC 162: Silva vs Weidman - July 6th   UFC 162: Silva vs Weidman - July 6th EmptyFri Jun 21, 2013 4:06 pm

GDPofDRC wrote:
Nobody has said he is not a legit or good fighter.  But the hype is more then actually warranted.  I'm surprised your buying into it as much as you are.

I love his skillset. It's possible I'm more in love with his potential then what he is today, but I love his progression and how he seems to translate his skills into the cage. IMO he provides a different kind of grappling balance then anyone Spider has faced in the UFC. His wrestling and offensive and more importantly defensive BJJ is going to be something new for Anderson. Chris Weidman has looked amazing when given a full training camp, I think it's very important to note there have been fights where he did not get a full camp, he has finished every fight where he had a full camp. I don't think cardio will be an issue at all and I think Chris Weidman is built to give Anderson fits. Pretty sure this is the biggest age gap of Anderson's UFC career, Okami was the same age as Weidman is now when he fought Anderson but now Anderson is 2 years older.
Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

PostSubject: Re: UFC 162: Silva vs Weidman - July 6th   UFC 162: Silva vs Weidman - July 6th EmptyFri Jun 21, 2013 7:39 pm

He is a viable Middleweight contender and could very well go out there and kick Silva's ass better then his biggest supporter even thought.  He has a very good bag of tools in all areas, but my observation is the hype is beyond what I believe to be reality leading up to this fight.
Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

PostSubject: Re: UFC 162: Silva vs Weidman - July 6th   UFC 162: Silva vs Weidman - July 6th EmptyTue Jun 25, 2013 6:42 pm

What is your guess on UFC 162 buyrate this weekend?

by buyrate I mean what ever MMAPayout lists on their blue book.

I'm gonna go 560,000.  10k more then Jones kills Sonnen.
Back to top Go down
Ali
Brown Belt
Brown Belt

PostSubject: Re: UFC 162: Silva vs Weidman - July 6th   UFC 162: Silva vs Weidman - July 6th EmptyTue Jun 25, 2013 7:44 pm

I'll go with 700k
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: UFC 162: Silva vs Weidman - July 6th   UFC 162: Silva vs Weidman - July 6th EmptyWed Jun 26, 2013 9:12 am

GDPofDRC wrote:
What is your guess on UFC 162 buyrate this weekend?

by buyrate I mean what ever MMAPayout lists on their blue book.

I'm gonna go 560,000.  10k more then Jones kills Sonnen.

I'll go with 450K.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: UFC 162: Silva vs Weidman - July 6th   UFC 162: Silva vs Weidman - July 6th Empty

Back to top Go down

UFC 162: Silva vs Weidman - July 6th
Page 1 of 5Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next