Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Anderson Silva changes tune, wants Chris Weidman rematch this year

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage

Anderson Silva changes tune, wants Chris Weidman rematch this year Empty
PostSubject: Anderson Silva changes tune, wants Chris Weidman rematch this year   Anderson Silva changes tune, wants Chris Weidman rematch this year EmptyWed Jul 10, 2013 10:22 am

http://www.mmafighting.com/2013/7/10/4510344/sources-anderson-silva-changes-tune-wants-chris-weidman-rematch-this

Anderson Silva wants to fight Chris Weidman again after all, and he wants the rematch to happen sooner rather than later.

According to sources very close to the former UFC middleweight champion, Silva changed his tune about not fighting Weidman again just hours after he was knocked out by Weidman at UFC 162 on Saturday night in Las Vegas. The sources said they have never seen Silva so motivated to fight someone, and that a little over 24 hours after the loss Silva was jokingly wishing the rematch could happen this week. That's how badly he wants to avenge his loss to Weidman.

The sources, who spoke on the condition of anonymity because the rematch has yet to be announced by the UFC, said Silva's preference would be to fight Weidman again this year, not in February, as has been discussed by UFC president Dana White.

White told the Los Angeles Times earlier this week that he was contemplating bumping the Ronda Rousey vs. Miesha Tate fight from Dec. 28 to Feb. 1 because he didn't want Weidman vs. Silva 2 to be in the shadows of the Super Bowl, which takes place Feb. 2 in New Jersey. Weidman said on CBS Sports Radio on Wednesday that White and UFC CEO Lorenzo Fertitta told him earlier this week the fight would take place in either December or February. The new champion has already stated on numerous occasions that he wants to fight Silva again, too.

Immediately after UFC 162, Silva surprised the MMA world when he said he had no interest in fighting Weidman again for the belt, however, White correctly predicted Silva would change his tune.

Now the only question remains is when and where potentially the biggest fight in UFC history will take place.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

PostSubject: Re: Anderson Silva changes tune, wants Chris Weidman rematch this year   Anderson Silva changes tune, wants Chris Weidman rematch this year EmptyWed Jul 10, 2013 11:16 am

Awesome. I hope they both come in and fight the best fights of their career. I think Weidman will be ever better with a shorter layoff. Anderson vs Weidman and Vitor vs Mousasi. Put it on the same card for insurance.
Back to top Go down
josh200612
Silver Belt
Silver Belt
josh200612

Favorite Fighter(s) : Rashad Evans #1!,Rampage,GSP,Couture,Chael Sonnen,BJ Penn,Robbie Lawler,King MO,Frank Mir

PostSubject: Re: Anderson Silva changes tune, wants Chris Weidman rematch this year   Anderson Silva changes tune, wants Chris Weidman rematch this year EmptyWed Jul 10, 2013 11:33 am

Silva is such a retard I can't stand him. "Oh, I don't wanna rematch" Yes you do. You're just talking shit cause you got embarrassed and we ALL knew you wanted a rematch. I can't wait for him to lose again.
Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

Favorite Fighter(s) : Shogun, Fedor, Wand, Saku, Hendo, BJ, Bas, Cain, Mike Vallely

PostSubject: Re: Anderson Silva changes tune, wants Chris Weidman rematch this year   Anderson Silva changes tune, wants Chris Weidman rematch this year EmptyWed Jul 10, 2013 12:51 pm

Silva is a 2-1 favorite opening up already. Silva was around a 2.5-1 favorite Saturday I believe.

http://www.mmajunkie.com/news/2013/07/anderson-silva-already-2-to-1-favorite-over-chris-weidman-in-potential-rematch
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/v/skCV2L0c6K0
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

PostSubject: Re: Anderson Silva changes tune, wants Chris Weidman rematch this year   Anderson Silva changes tune, wants Chris Weidman rematch this year EmptyWed Jul 10, 2013 2:13 pm

GDPofDRC wrote:
Silva is a 2-1 favorite opening up already.  Silva was around a 2.5-1 favorite Saturday I believe.

http://www.mmajunkie.com/news/2013/07/anderson-silva-already-2-to-1-favorite-over-chris-weidman-in-potential-rematch

I think the line should be close to even IMO.
Back to top Go down
mannyfresh
Yellow Belt
Yellow Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Royce

PostSubject: Re: Anderson Silva changes tune, wants Chris Weidman rematch this year   Anderson Silva changes tune, wants Chris Weidman rematch this year EmptyWed Jul 10, 2013 5:03 pm

Im not crazy about Spiders antics. I think those antics played a HUGE part in him losing. If he can get his ego in check and actually fight I think he wins.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: Anderson Silva changes tune, wants Chris Weidman rematch this year   Anderson Silva changes tune, wants Chris Weidman rematch this year EmptyWed Jul 10, 2013 5:15 pm

mannyfresh wrote:
Im not crazy about Spiders antics. I think those antics played a HUGE part in him losing. If he can get his ego in check and actually fight I think he wins.

Yeah the 1st fight didn't do much in proving who the better fighter was. Those who thought Chris was a matchup problem for Anderson still think so, those who thought Anderson would tool Weidman still think he will if he comes to fight. I picked Weidman to win this last fight but not like he did.
Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

Favorite Fighter(s) : Shogun, Fedor, Wand, Saku, Hendo, BJ, Bas, Cain, Mike Vallely

PostSubject: Re: Anderson Silva changes tune, wants Chris Weidman rematch this year   Anderson Silva changes tune, wants Chris Weidman rematch this year EmptyWed Jul 10, 2013 5:24 pm

Anderson Silva changes tune, wants Chris Weidman rematch this year Greeen10
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/v/skCV2L0c6K0
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: Anderson Silva changes tune, wants Chris Weidman rematch this year   Anderson Silva changes tune, wants Chris Weidman rematch this year EmptyThu Jul 11, 2013 4:35 pm

Weidman is on Coach and Company right now(ESPN radio).
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: Anderson Silva changes tune, wants Chris Weidman rematch this year   Anderson Silva changes tune, wants Chris Weidman rematch this year EmptyThu Jul 11, 2013 4:38 pm

I didn't what Anderson was saying Chris in the cage. He was saying "No wrestling, stand up. Let's go, put on a show."
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Anderson Silva changes tune, wants Chris Weidman rematch this year   Anderson Silva changes tune, wants Chris Weidman rematch this year EmptyFri Jul 12, 2013 12:47 am

I thought it was pretty obvious he was saying that.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Anderson Silva changes tune, wants Chris Weidman rematch this year   Anderson Silva changes tune, wants Chris Weidman rematch this year Empty

Back to top Go down

Anderson Silva changes tune, wants Chris Weidman rematch this year
Page 1 of 1