Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Soares: Anderson Silva has 'nothing to gain' from Chris Weidman fight, expresses interest in Cung Le

Go down 
+8
bobbitt15
GDPofDRC
acccardinal12
Farmer1906
KingsOwn19
Ludo
Birdofthad
Ninja
12 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Ninja
Administrator
Administrator
Ninja

Favorite Fighter(s) : Anyone with the last name Rua or Emelianenko and Uncle Creepy

Soares: Anderson Silva has 'nothing to gain' from Chris Weidman fight, expresses interest in Cung Le Empty
PostSubject: Soares: Anderson Silva has 'nothing to gain' from Chris Weidman fight, expresses interest in Cung Le   Soares: Anderson Silva has 'nothing to gain' from Chris Weidman fight, expresses interest in Cung Le EmptySat Jan 26, 2013 1:46 am

Back to top Go down
https://ninjasplace.forumotion.net
Birdofthad
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Ken shamrock, Frank Shamrock, Guy Mezger, Pete Williams, you get it Lions Den

Soares: Anderson Silva has 'nothing to gain' from Chris Weidman fight, expresses interest in Cung Le Empty
PostSubject: Re: Soares: Anderson Silva has 'nothing to gain' from Chris Weidman fight, expresses interest in Cung Le   Soares: Anderson Silva has 'nothing to gain' from Chris Weidman fight, expresses interest in Cung Le EmptySat Jan 26, 2013 2:02 am

cung le??????

WHAT THE FUCK????

Back to top Go down
Ludo
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
Ludo

Favorite Fighter(s) : The Prodigy, The Great, Viking Dahmer, The Phenom

PostSubject: Re: Soares: Anderson Silva has 'nothing to gain' from Chris Weidman fight, expresses interest in Cung Le   Soares: Anderson Silva has 'nothing to gain' from Chris Weidman fight, expresses interest in Cung Le EmptySat Jan 26, 2013 2:14 am

A Champion has nothing to gain from fighting contenders, that's why he's the champion. Contenders work up the ladder to fight for the title.
Back to top Go down
KingsOwn19
Administrator
Administrator
KingsOwn19

Favorite Fighter(s) : Lyoto Machida, BJ Penn, Anderson Silva,Dan Henderson, Emelianenko Fedor, Josh Barnett

PostSubject: Re: Soares: Anderson Silva has 'nothing to gain' from Chris Weidman fight, expresses interest in Cung Le   Soares: Anderson Silva has 'nothing to gain' from Chris Weidman fight, expresses interest in Cung Le EmptySat Jan 26, 2013 3:52 am

pretty much what Ludo says. Anderson's job is to protect what he has already gained.
Back to top Go down
Farmer1906
Gold Belt
Gold Belt
Farmer1906

Favorite Fighter(s) : Griffin, Franklin, Hendo, Sonnen, Wand, Lawler, Belfort, Pettis, Aldo, Mousasi

PostSubject: Am I on crazy pills?   Soares: Anderson Silva has 'nothing to gain' from Chris Weidman fight, expresses interest in Cung Le EmptySat Jan 26, 2013 11:39 am

Skimming the headlines of mixedmartialarts.com and I see the following.

Anderson Silva doesn't want to fight top contender Wiedman, but wants CUNG LE?!?! Mr. I almost lost to Cote and got KTFO by old chinless Wanderlei. Sure the Franklin KO was amazing, but Cung wins that fight 1/10 times. There are at least 25 fights I'd want Anderson to have before finding Cung Le. He's trolling right?

Johnny "I can't stand Sonnen, refuse to fight Sonnen, Dana get him to stop calling me out" Jones is now friends with Sonnen according to Chael.

And lastly Jones is moving to HW this year. He stil has Chael, Hendo/Machida(2), Gus/Mousasi, DC, and maybe Glover too to defend his belt against.
Back to top Go down
acccardinal12
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Cung Le, BJ Penn, Mayhem, Chael Sonnen, Anthony Pettis

PostSubject: Re: Soares: Anderson Silva has 'nothing to gain' from Chris Weidman fight, expresses interest in Cung Le   Soares: Anderson Silva has 'nothing to gain' from Chris Weidman fight, expresses interest in Cung Le EmptySat Jan 26, 2013 11:46 am

It would be a great stand up fight. A motivated Cung is hard to deal with. Make it happen Joe Silva!
Back to top Go down
acccardinal12
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

PostSubject: Re: Soares: Anderson Silva has 'nothing to gain' from Chris Weidman fight, expresses interest in Cung Le   Soares: Anderson Silva has 'nothing to gain' from Chris Weidman fight, expresses interest in Cung Le EmptySat Jan 26, 2013 11:48 am

Yeah buddy! Sig bet with Ninja if it happens.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Soares: Anderson Silva has 'nothing to gain' from Chris Weidman fight, expresses interest in Cung Le   Soares: Anderson Silva has 'nothing to gain' from Chris Weidman fight, expresses interest in Cung Le EmptySat Jan 26, 2013 11:55 am

I would throw up if Cung got a title match in the UFC.
Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

Favorite Fighter(s) : Shogun, Fedor, Wand, Saku, Hendo, BJ, Bas, Cain, Mike Vallely

PostSubject: Re: Soares: Anderson Silva has 'nothing to gain' from Chris Weidman fight, expresses interest in Cung Le   Soares: Anderson Silva has 'nothing to gain' from Chris Weidman fight, expresses interest in Cung Le EmptySat Jan 26, 2013 11:59 am

Now I must Rage. If ufc gives le a title shot it kills a little part of the fan in me.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/v/skCV2L0c6K0
bobbitt15
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Chael Sonnen, Michael Chandler, Jorge Masvidal, Carlos Condit

PostSubject: Re: Soares: Anderson Silva has 'nothing to gain' from Chris Weidman fight, expresses interest in Cung Le   Soares: Anderson Silva has 'nothing to gain' from Chris Weidman fight, expresses interest in Cung Le EmptySat Jan 26, 2013 12:01 pm

Cung Le lolzy

I actually expect the Rashad fight to happen now after reading this.
Back to top Go down
acccardinal12
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

PostSubject: Re: Soares: Anderson Silva has 'nothing to gain' from Chris Weidman fight, expresses interest in Cung Le   Soares: Anderson Silva has 'nothing to gain' from Chris Weidman fight, expresses interest in Cung Le EmptySat Jan 26, 2013 12:12 pm

freakzilla wrote:
I would throw up if Cung got a title match in the UFC.

So would I. I would throw up gang signs, balloons, a baby, and maybe some type of furniture. I just wanna see this fight and always have.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Soares: Anderson Silva has 'nothing to gain' from Chris Weidman fight, expresses interest in Cung Le   Soares: Anderson Silva has 'nothing to gain' from Chris Weidman fight, expresses interest in Cung Le EmptySat Jan 26, 2013 12:13 pm

Purple is not your color.
Back to top Go down
Ninja
Administrator
Administrator
Ninja

Favorite Fighter(s) : Anyone with the last name Rua or Emelianenko and Uncle Creepy

PostSubject: Re: Soares: Anderson Silva has 'nothing to gain' from Chris Weidman fight, expresses interest in Cung Le   Soares: Anderson Silva has 'nothing to gain' from Chris Weidman fight, expresses interest in Cung Le EmptySat Jan 26, 2013 12:49 pm

Jones easblished the precedent of turning down and picking and choosing your opponent, now every champion wants to get in on it...actually Anderson wanted to always to stuff like this, but he never had backing.
Back to top Go down
https://ninjasplace.forumotion.net
Ali
Brown Belt
Brown Belt

PostSubject: Re: Soares: Anderson Silva has 'nothing to gain' from Chris Weidman fight, expresses interest in Cung Le   Soares: Anderson Silva has 'nothing to gain' from Chris Weidman fight, expresses interest in Cung Le EmptySat Jan 26, 2013 2:01 pm

Silva just wants an old fashioned kung fu match.
Back to top Go down
Ali
Brown Belt
Brown Belt

PostSubject: Re: Soares: Anderson Silva has 'nothing to gain' from Chris Weidman fight, expresses interest in Cung Le   Soares: Anderson Silva has 'nothing to gain' from Chris Weidman fight, expresses interest in Cung Le EmptySat Jan 26, 2013 2:03 pm

Doubt it happens but it's pretty obvious now that Silva wants interesting fighter before he retires, I mean the dude is 37 and has more than paid his dues.
Back to top Go down
bobbitt15
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Chael Sonnen, Michael Chandler, Jorge Masvidal, Carlos Condit

PostSubject: Re: Soares: Anderson Silva has 'nothing to gain' from Chris Weidman fight, expresses interest in Cung Le   Soares: Anderson Silva has 'nothing to gain' from Chris Weidman fight, expresses interest in Cung Le EmptySat Jan 26, 2013 2:11 pm

Cung Le and Stephan Bonnar aren't interesting fights
Back to top Go down
Ali
Brown Belt
Brown Belt

PostSubject: Re: Soares: Anderson Silva has 'nothing to gain' from Chris Weidman fight, expresses interest in Cung Le   Soares: Anderson Silva has 'nothing to gain' from Chris Weidman fight, expresses interest in Cung Le EmptySat Jan 26, 2013 2:14 pm

bobbitt15 wrote:
Cung Le and Stephan Bonnar aren't interesting fights

Bonnar was just a fill in to save a card, Cung Le is interesting for Silva.

I don't take this serious though as we always hear crazy shit coming out of Silva's camp each year, I doubt Dana and Lorenzo will bend over for this unless they plan on going back to Macau soon.
Back to top Go down
acccardinal12
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

PostSubject: Re: Soares: Anderson Silva has 'nothing to gain' from Chris Weidman fight, expresses interest in Cung Le   Soares: Anderson Silva has 'nothing to gain' from Chris Weidman fight, expresses interest in Cung Le EmptySat Jan 26, 2013 4:15 pm

freakzilla wrote:

I will always be blue on the inside. That's what really counts.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Soares: Anderson Silva has 'nothing to gain' from Chris Weidman fight, expresses interest in Cung Le   Soares: Anderson Silva has 'nothing to gain' from Chris Weidman fight, expresses interest in Cung Le EmptySat Jan 26, 2013 7:10 pm

bigbeastcardinal12 wrote:
freakzilla wrote:

I will always be blue on the inside. That's what really counts.

lol!
Back to top Go down
Ali
Brown Belt
Brown Belt

PostSubject: Re: Soares: Anderson Silva has 'nothing to gain' from Chris Weidman fight, expresses interest in Cung Le   Soares: Anderson Silva has 'nothing to gain' from Chris Weidman fight, expresses interest in Cung Le EmptySun Jan 27, 2013 11:37 pm

Quote :
"This is typical Anderson Silva-Ed Soares craziness," White said. "Every f---ing time there's a fight, he wants to fight 'Mighty Mouse' Johnson. Then he wants to fight this guy and that guy. It's always the same deal. It always happen. 'I absolutely will not fight Chael Sonnen. He doesn't deserve the title.' This is what we do."
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

PostSubject: Re: Soares: Anderson Silva has 'nothing to gain' from Chris Weidman fight, expresses interest in Cung Le   Soares: Anderson Silva has 'nothing to gain' from Chris Weidman fight, expresses interest in Cung Le EmptyMon Jan 28, 2013 11:20 am

He must fight one of these men. Rockhold, Rashad, Weidman or Vitor. If he really wants to pick his opponent then make him pick from that list. You can even throw in Lombard and Jacare. I can live with those as well.
Back to top Go down
killerofchicken
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
killerofchicken

Favorite Fighter(s) : Mauricio Shogun Rua, BJ Penn, AXE MURDERER,Fedor, CroCop, Vitor Belfort, JDS

PostSubject: Re: Soares: Anderson Silva has 'nothing to gain' from Chris Weidman fight, expresses interest in Cung Le   Soares: Anderson Silva has 'nothing to gain' from Chris Weidman fight, expresses interest in Cung Le EmptyMon Jan 28, 2013 2:57 pm

bigbeastcardinal12 wrote:
Yeah buddy! Sig bet with Ninja if it happens.
haha, no way this fight happens

this is just Ali being Ali at this point...
Back to top Go down
killerofchicken
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
killerofchicken

Favorite Fighter(s) : Mauricio Shogun Rua, BJ Penn, AXE MURDERER,Fedor, CroCop, Vitor Belfort, JDS

PostSubject: Re: Soares: Anderson Silva has 'nothing to gain' from Chris Weidman fight, expresses interest in Cung Le   Soares: Anderson Silva has 'nothing to gain' from Chris Weidman fight, expresses interest in Cung Le EmptyMon Jan 28, 2013 2:58 pm

I mean Soares being Soares... whoopsy
Back to top Go down
josh200612
Silver Belt
Silver Belt
josh200612

Favorite Fighter(s) : Rashad Evans #1!,Rampage,GSP,Couture,Chael Sonnen,BJ Penn,Robbie Lawler,King MO,Frank Mir

PostSubject: Re: Soares: Anderson Silva has 'nothing to gain' from Chris Weidman fight, expresses interest in Cung Le   Soares: Anderson Silva has 'nothing to gain' from Chris Weidman fight, expresses interest in Cung Le EmptyMon Jan 28, 2013 2:59 pm

This is why i hate Silva so much always letting this little asshole talk for him.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

PostSubject: Re: Soares: Anderson Silva has 'nothing to gain' from Chris Weidman fight, expresses interest in Cung Le   Soares: Anderson Silva has 'nothing to gain' from Chris Weidman fight, expresses interest in Cung Le EmptyTue Jan 29, 2013 12:07 pm

Quote :

"It seems like he's avoiding it at all costs at this point," Weidman told MMAjunkie.com (www.mmajunkie.com) on Saturday in Chicago. "I'm a big, strong, young, athletic wrestler with good submissions. I think it's a bad matchup for him, I think he knows that, and he's making millions of dollars outside the cage being the undefeated UFC champion – untouchable. And if Chris Weidman, who a lot of people don't know, goes in there and takes that away from him, it's not good for him."

"Before my Boetsch fight, I wanted to fight him straight up, right away," he said. "He said he didn't want to fight until 2013. I had elbow surgery, and then he took the fight with Stephan Bonnar in 2012, out of nowhere, and I ended up getting the Boetsch fight."

"I mean, I guess if I was him, I'd rather fight him (than me), too," Weidman said. "I mean, no disrespect to Cung Le, but that's a good matchup for him. I think if Dana White wants (me fighting Silva) to happen and the UFC wants to make it happen, it'll happen. But it's a little different with Anderson, him being who he is."

"I just had shoulder surgery and I'm two months in from the operation, and in another two months I'll be 100 percent," he said. "So I'm looking at July 4 weekend, Anderson Silva, and give him an immediate rematch in November at Madison Square Garden."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Soares: Anderson Silva has 'nothing to gain' from Chris Weidman fight, expresses interest in Cung Le   Soares: Anderson Silva has 'nothing to gain' from Chris Weidman fight, expresses interest in Cung Le Empty

Back to top Go down

Soares: Anderson Silva has 'nothing to gain' from Chris Weidman fight, expresses interest in Cung Le
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next