Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Free Xbox 360 games for gold members

Go down 
5 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Ali
Brown Belt
Brown Belt

Free Xbox 360 games for gold members Empty
PostSubject: Free Xbox 360 games for gold members   Free Xbox 360 games for gold members EmptyFri Jun 21, 2013 6:04 pm

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/news/news-15332-Microsoft-Puts-a-Date-on-Free-Xbox-Live-Gold-Games.html wrote:
Microsoft has released a few more details regarding the free games it intends to offer alongside Xbox Live Gold memberships.

Announced during E3 2013, the platform holder will be rewarding Gold members with two free titles every month. And unlike the equivalent PlayStation service, the Instant Game Collection, these are games that you can keep indefinitely.

Beginning in July, Microsoft will be offering up the free titles on the 1st and 16th of every month, starting with Assassin’s Creed II and Halo 3.

"As our way of saying thanks, we're giving all active Gold members two bonus Xbox 360 games each month for the rest of the year," reads a statement from MS.

"Each specially selected, fan-favourite game will be available to download only for a limited time, so grab them before they're gone and keep them no matter what."

Nice, eh? Oh, and Gold members can still grab Fable III through Xbox Live up until then end of the month. Get on that if you haven't already.
Back to top Go down
Ali
Brown Belt
Brown Belt

PostSubject: Re: Free Xbox 360 games for gold members   Free Xbox 360 games for gold members EmptyTue Jul 02, 2013 5:24 pm

I swear it's one step forward, two steps backwards with Microsoft. It's like they're addicted to negative press.

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/news/news-15413-Free-Xbox-Live-Gold-Games-Offer-May-Continue--Says-Major-Nelson.html wrote:
Over the weekend it was revealed that Defense Grid: The Awakening will be free from July 1st to July 15th. The news came as a surprise to many, who expected the promotion to offer games of the same kind of quality as provided by Sony PS Plus scheme.

Major Nelson said that he has made the marketing department (which presumably which free games will arrive) aware of the discontent.

Halo 3 and Assassin’s Creed II have been promised to arrive as part of the promotion at a later date, despite earlier reports to the contrary.
Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

Favorite Fighter(s) : Shogun, Fedor, Wand, Saku, Hendo, BJ, Bas, Cain, Mike Vallely

PostSubject: Re: Free Xbox 360 games for gold members   Free Xbox 360 games for gold members EmptyTue Jul 02, 2013 5:33 pm

I'm not picking up the part of this that is negative.  Defense Grid is a recommended strategy game that will cost nothing to play now.  Seems like it could be a good game, it was reviewed well.  I'll be checking it out

[th] Reception[/th][th]Aggregate scores[/th][th]Aggregator[/th][th]Score[/th][th]Review scores[/th][th]Publication[/th][th]Score[/th]
Metacritic81%[19]
GamePro4.5/5[10]
IGN8.9/10[20]
PC Gamer (US)90%[21]
Destructoid7/10[5]
VGrevolution8/10[22]
GameFocus9/10[11]
GameSharkB+[8]
The Gamers Temple80%[23]
Thunderbolt Games8/10[24]
Gamervision8/10[25]
[th]Awards[/th][th]Entity[/th][th]Award[/th]
PC GamerEditor's Choice badge[21]
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/v/skCV2L0c6K0
Ali
Brown Belt
Brown Belt

PostSubject: Re: Free Xbox 360 games for gold members   Free Xbox 360 games for gold members EmptyTue Jul 02, 2013 5:46 pm

Of course you don't Rolling Eyes There's nothing negative about Major Nelson saying he'll tell the marketing team about fans discontent.

Microsoft made us all believe Halo 3 and Assassin's Creed 2 were going to kick off the deal, I thought great finally they've came to their senses and they were going to try and rival Playstation's fantastic PSN + free games scheme but no those games are coming at a "later date" instead they're going to kick off the deal with an obscure arcade game. Look I am all for arcade games being part of the deal but to kick it off this way makes it look pathetic compared to Playstation's. They should have Defense Grid and those two games available all month.

http://uk.ign.com/articles/2013/06/28/ps3s-instant-game-collection-one-year-64-free-games wrote:
Anomaly Warzone Earth (PSN)
   BioShock 2 (PS3)
   BlazBlue: Continuum Shift Extend (PS Vita)
   BloodRayne Betrayal (PSN)
   Borderlands (PS3)
   Choplifter HD (PSN)
   Chronovolt (PS Vita)
   Closure (PSN)
   Darksiders (PS3)
   Demon’s Souls (PS3)
   Disgaea 3: Absence of Detention (PS Vita)
   Double Dragon Neon (PSN)
   Dungeon Defenders (PSN)
   Final Fantasy Tactics: War of the Lions (PSP)
   Foosball 2012 (PSN/PS Vita)
   Germinator (PS Vita)
   Gotham City Imposters (PSN)
   Gravity Rush (PS Vita)
   Guardians of Middle-Earth (PSN)
   Hard Corps: Uprising (PSN)
   Infamous 2 (PS3)
   Jet Set Radio (PSN)
   Joe Danger 2: The Movie (PSN)
   Just Cause 2 (PS3)
   King of Fighters XIII (PS3)
   Knytt Underground (PSN/PS Vita)
   Labyrinth Legends (PSN)
   Lara Croft and the Guardian of Light (PSN)
   LittleBigPlanet 2 (PS3)
   Malicious (PSN)
   Mega Man 9 (PSN)
   Mega Man 10 (PSN)
   Mega Man: Maverick Hunter X (PSP)
   NBA Jam: On Fire Edition (PSN)
   NFL Blitz (PSN)
   Ninja Gaiden Sigma Plus (PS Vita)
   Outland (PSN)
   Pac-Man CE DX (PSN)
   PayDay: The Heist (PSN)
   Pinball Arcade (PSN/PS Vita)
   Plants vs. Zombies (PS Vita)
   Quantum Conundrum (PSN)
   Ratchet & Clank: All 4 One (PS3)
   Renegade Ops (PSN)
   Resident Evil 5 (PS3)
   Retro City Rampage (PSN/PS Vita)
   Rochard (PSN)
   Saints Row 2 (PS3)
   Scott Pilgrim vs. The World: The Game (PSN)
   Sideway: New York (PSN)
   Sleeping Dogs (PS3)
   Spec Ops: The Line (PS3)
   Super Street Fighter IV (PS3)
   Tales From Space: Mutant Blobs Attack (PS Vita)
   The Cave (PSN)
   The Walking Dead: The Game (PSN)
   Tekken 6 (PSP)
   Uncharted: Golden Abyss (PS Vita)
   Vanquish (PS3)
   Virtual Fighter 5: Final Showdown (PSN)
   Warhammer 40k: Space Marine (PS3)
   WipeOut 2048 (PSN/PS Vita)
   Zombie Apocalypse: Never Die Alone (PSN)
   Zombie Tycoon II: Brainhov’s Revenge (PSN/PS Vita)
Back to top Go down
Ali
Brown Belt
Brown Belt

PostSubject: Re: Free Xbox 360 games for gold members   Free Xbox 360 games for gold members EmptyTue Jul 02, 2013 6:41 pm

For the money Gold Subscribers have been paying over the years Microsoft can do better than this. The difference between this and PSN + is Playstation give you quality retail games along with quality arcade games, recently they had the Cave, Saints Row 3 and Sleeping Dogs on offer at the same time, those aren't that old.
Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

Favorite Fighter(s) : Shogun, Fedor, Wand, Saku, Hendo, BJ, Bas, Cain, Mike Vallely

PostSubject: Re: Free Xbox 360 games for gold members   Free Xbox 360 games for gold members EmptyTue Jul 02, 2013 6:44 pm

Someone was willing to give you something for free and you are complaining about it.  Pardon me my malcontent is non-existent when offered the same free item.
Back to top Go down
Ali
Brown Belt
Brown Belt

PostSubject: Re: Free Xbox 360 games for gold members   Free Xbox 360 games for gold members EmptyTue Jul 02, 2013 6:54 pm

Just because it's free doesn't mean it's good.

Like I said if this was Defense Grid, Halo 3 and Assassin's Creed II on offer for all of July that would be a great way to start off the scheme. I now fear ACII and Halo 3 are probably going to the best they even offer.

And I have every right to complain about this considering I pay for that Xbox Live subscription. Microsoft can and should do better than this! Sony have been doing it for a year.
Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

PostSubject: Re: Free Xbox 360 games for gold members   Free Xbox 360 games for gold members EmptyTue Jul 02, 2013 6:56 pm

Someone was willing to give you something for free and you are complaining about it.  

Do you know what the word for someone who acts like that is?

Every year you chose to buy Gold Live, not someone else, you, and you knew exactly what that purchase entailed.  Now, without you having to do anything you get free games with that.  You have nothing to complain about.
Back to top Go down
Ali
Brown Belt
Brown Belt

PostSubject: Re: Free Xbox 360 games for gold members   Free Xbox 360 games for gold members EmptyTue Jul 02, 2013 7:05 pm

Damn right I am complaining about it cause I've seen the type of deals Playstation gamers have been getting, and I know for a fact if Microsoft wanted they could do just the same as PSN + if not better but they choose not to.

I won't be renewing my current subscription when it ends. Since May 21st Microsoft have done nothing but piss me off and push me towards Playstation. I thought maybe just maybe the backlash from E3 might have humbled Microsoft a little but that was a pipe dream.
Back to top Go down
Ali
Brown Belt
Brown Belt

PostSubject: Re: Free Xbox 360 games for gold members   Free Xbox 360 games for gold members EmptyTue Jul 02, 2013 7:22 pm

http://uk.gamespot.com/news/xbox-360-offers-defense-grid-as-next-free-download-for-gold-subscribers-6410938 wrote:
Sony's PlayStation Plus service is currently offering the following games in Europe: Uncharted 3, XCOM: Enemy Unknown, Little Big Planet Karting, Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning, ICO and Shadow of the Colossus Classics HD, Demon's Souls, Catherine, Malicious, Lord of the Rings: War in the North, and The Cave.
Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

PostSubject: Re: Free Xbox 360 games for gold members   Free Xbox 360 games for gold members EmptyTue Jul 02, 2013 7:26 pm

Ali, why don't you spare us your entitled teen angst and just get a PS3 already then? How dare someone give you something for free, the nerve!
Back to top Go down
Ali
Brown Belt
Brown Belt

PostSubject: Re: Free Xbox 360 games for gold members   Free Xbox 360 games for gold members EmptyTue Jul 02, 2013 7:29 pm

I am saving up for the Playstation 4. If I was flush with cash I would buy the PS3 for The Last of Us, I want that game so bad.
Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

PostSubject: Re: Free Xbox 360 games for gold members   Free Xbox 360 games for gold members EmptyTue Jul 02, 2013 7:33 pm

If your tight on cash try Defense Grid the Awakening, it looks fun. I had considered it before but ended up with Halo Wars instead which kinda sucked. Best part is, someone was nice enough to let you get in to it for free!
Back to top Go down
Ali
Brown Belt
Brown Belt

PostSubject: Re: Free Xbox 360 games for gold members   Free Xbox 360 games for gold members EmptyTue Jul 02, 2013 7:35 pm

Nah I had my eye on Assassin's Creed II but I guess I'll have to wait for that.
Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

PostSubject: Re: Free Xbox 360 games for gold members   Free Xbox 360 games for gold members EmptyTue Jul 02, 2013 7:38 pm

Since no release date was announced for it or Halo 3, it will be another pleasant, free, surprise when it is made available, but you know what they say, beggars can't be choosers.
Back to top Go down
Ludo
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
Ludo

Favorite Fighter(s) : The Prodigy, The Great, Viking Dahmer, The Phenom

PostSubject: Re: Free Xbox 360 games for gold members   Free Xbox 360 games for gold members EmptyTue Jul 02, 2013 9:44 pm

GDPofDRC wrote:
If your tight on cash try Defense Grid the Awakening, it looks fun.  I had considered it before but ended up with Halo Wars instead which kinda sucked.  Best part is, someone was nice enough to let you get in to it for free!

Fuckin' comedy here. But seriously the game is fun. I downloaded and tried it last night. If you like tower defense games this is right up your alley.
Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

PostSubject: Re: Free Xbox 360 games for gold members   Free Xbox 360 games for gold members EmptyWed Jul 03, 2013 1:11 pm

I got to level 11 or 12 last night. Addictive game. Good challenge. I gotta beat it. Probably would of never played it if not free, but glad I have and wish I got this instead of halowars. No story or cheap thrills, just fun strategy gaming,8/10
Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

PostSubject: Re: Free Xbox 360 games for gold members   Free Xbox 360 games for gold members EmptyMon Jul 15, 2013 6:22 pm

July 15th 2013 10:15 am PT
Xbox Live Gold Members: “Assassin’s Creed II” is yours for Free Beginning Tomorrow
Free Xbox 360 games for gold members BoxartsmAs part of the “Games With Gold” program announced at E3 in June, I wanted to give you a heads up the next title will be Assassin’s Creed II. Normally US $19.99, Assassin’s Creed II will be will be free for Xbox LIVE Gold members staring tomorrow through July 30th .
PLUS the following Assassin’s Creed franchise content will be on-sale for the rest of July.

ContentNormally*Sale Price*
Assassin’s Creed$19.99 $14.99 USD 
Assassin’s Creed II Sequence 12: Battle of Forli320214 MSP
AC II Sequence 13 : Bonfire of the Vanities & Secret Locations560375 MSP
Assassin’s Creed Brotherhood$19.99 $14.99 USD
ACB – The Da Vinci Disappearance DLC800536 MSP
Assassin’s Creed Revelations$19.99 $14.99 USD
ACRs — The Lost Archive800536 MSP
ACR — Mediterranean Traveler Map Pack800536 MSP
Assassin’s Creed® III Season Pass24001600 MSP

As a reminder, the program gives Xbox LIVE Gold Members 2 free games to keep each month. A new title will be available the 1st and 16th of each month.
Follow me on Twitter to find out what games will be free each month.

* Prices show in USD. Sign in to your Xbox 360 or Xbox.com for your specific local pricing.
Xbox 360, Xbox Live By Larry Hryb, Xbox LIVE's Major Nelson
Back to top Go down
Ludo
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
Ludo

Favorite Fighter(s) : The Prodigy, The Great, Viking Dahmer, The Phenom

PostSubject: Re: Free Xbox 360 games for gold members   Free Xbox 360 games for gold members EmptyMon Jul 15, 2013 6:54 pm

Spartacus Legends is fun as shit. That is all.
Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

PostSubject: Re: Free Xbox 360 games for gold members   Free Xbox 360 games for gold members EmptyWed Jul 31, 2013 1:38 pm

Games With Gold, August 2013: Play Crackdown and Dead Rising 2 for Free
Back to top Go down
josh200612
Silver Belt
Silver Belt
josh200612

Favorite Fighter(s) : Rashad Evans #1!,Rampage,GSP,Couture,Chael Sonnen,BJ Penn,Robbie Lawler,King MO,Frank Mir

PostSubject: Re: Free Xbox 360 games for gold members   Free Xbox 360 games for gold members EmptyWed Jul 31, 2013 9:22 pm

GDPofDRC wrote:
Games With Gold, August 2013: Play Crackdown and Dead Rising 2 for Free

Dead Rising 2 FTW!
Back to top Go down
josh200612
Silver Belt
Silver Belt
josh200612

Favorite Fighter(s) : Rashad Evans #1!,Rampage,GSP,Couture,Chael Sonnen,BJ Penn,Robbie Lawler,King MO,Frank Mir

PostSubject: Re: Free Xbox 360 games for gold members   Free Xbox 360 games for gold members EmptyWed Jul 31, 2013 9:22 pm

I still need to pick up AC 2.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

PostSubject: Re: Free Xbox 360 games for gold members   Free Xbox 360 games for gold members EmptyThu Aug 01, 2013 9:27 am

Damn I forgot they were doing this. Is there a window where a certain game is available or once they say it's free it stays free?
Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

PostSubject: Re: Free Xbox 360 games for gold members   Free Xbox 360 games for gold members EmptyThu Aug 01, 2013 11:30 am

game stops being availble on the 1st and 15th.  Yesterday was the last day to dl ACII
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

PostSubject: Re: Free Xbox 360 games for gold members   Free Xbox 360 games for gold members EmptyThu Aug 01, 2013 11:55 am

I have hard copies of every AC game. I need to get back on AC3 even though I favor the old system to the new system the changed to on this one. I don't like how they changed the entire combat system. But still an interesting game, I think all AC games are interesting and love the story lines.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Free Xbox 360 games for gold members   Free Xbox 360 games for gold members Empty

Back to top Go down

Free Xbox 360 games for gold members
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next