Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

The ultimate movie discussion thread

Go down 
+11
Cu Bu
Ali
KingsOwn19
GDPofDRC
Ludo
josh200612
bobbitt15
Farmer1906
oggy420
killerofchicken
timthebim
15 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next
AuthorMessage
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

Favorite Fighter(s) : Shogun, Fedor, Wand, Saku, Hendo, BJ, Bas, Cain, Mike Vallely

The ultimate movie discussion thread - Page 9 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The ultimate movie discussion thread   The ultimate movie discussion thread - Page 9 EmptyTue May 28, 2013 12:17 pm

The Fast and the Furious 6 was terrible. If one of the more recent films in the series was supposed to be a step forward then this was 5 huge steps back. This was a bad movie. Probably as good on mute as it was with sound. 3.5/10

Star Trek: Into Darkness was not terrible, it was pretty good. About on Par with the 2009 film. 8.4/10

Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/v/skCV2L0c6K0
Ali
Brown Belt
Brown Belt

PostSubject: Re: The ultimate movie discussion thread   The ultimate movie discussion thread - Page 9 EmptyTue May 28, 2013 4:15 pm

Joseph Gordon-Levitt's directorial debut looks really good.

Back to top Go down
Ali
Brown Belt
Brown Belt

PostSubject: Re: The ultimate movie discussion thread   The ultimate movie discussion thread - Page 9 EmptyThu May 30, 2013 3:54 pm

IGN gives it a 6.7/10
Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

Favorite Fighter(s) : Shogun, Fedor, Wand, Saku, Hendo, BJ, Bas, Cain, Mike Vallely

PostSubject: Re: The ultimate movie discussion thread   The ultimate movie discussion thread - Page 9 EmptyFri May 31, 2013 11:44 am

Hangover III was as funny as the second one. Everything else was the sucks. 3.5/10
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

PostSubject: Re: The ultimate movie discussion thread   The ultimate movie discussion thread - Page 9 EmptyFri May 31, 2013 11:46 am

I have the Sherlock Holmes sequel on my DVR now. I had it on there before but didn't get around to seeing it. I'll check it out this weekend.
Back to top Go down
Ali
Brown Belt
Brown Belt

PostSubject: Re: The ultimate movie discussion thread   The ultimate movie discussion thread - Page 9 EmptyFri May 31, 2013 11:50 am

OU wrote:
I have the Sherlock Holmes sequel on my DVR now. I had it on there before but didn't get around to seeing it. I'll check it out this weekend.

I really enjoyed A Game of Shadows felt it was alot more fun the first Sherlock Holmes movie.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

PostSubject: Re: The ultimate movie discussion thread   The ultimate movie discussion thread - Page 9 EmptyFri May 31, 2013 11:52 am

Ali* wrote:
OU wrote:

I really enjoyed A Game of Shadows felt it was alot more fun the first Sherlock Holmes movie.
I liked the first one, thought it was very good. 2nd one got good reviews so I figured it's worth watching.
Back to top Go down
Ali
Brown Belt
Brown Belt

PostSubject: Re: The ultimate movie discussion thread   The ultimate movie discussion thread - Page 9 EmptyFri May 31, 2013 12:12 pm

Back to top Go down
Ali
Brown Belt
Brown Belt

PostSubject: Re: The ultimate movie discussion thread   The ultimate movie discussion thread - Page 9 EmptyFri May 31, 2013 7:39 pm

IGN gives it 8.5/10
Back to top Go down
Ali
Brown Belt
Brown Belt

PostSubject: Re: The ultimate movie discussion thread   The ultimate movie discussion thread - Page 9 EmptySun Jun 02, 2013 6:53 pm

Looks like World War Z is an average movie. Shame I hear the book is really good.

7.6 from IGN

And 3/5 from Total Film.
Quote :
Choosing quantity over quality, intensity over tension and big-screen thrills over low-fi shocks – this is probably what the zombie apocalypse will actually look like.
http://www.totalfilm.com/reviews/cinema/world-war-z

3/5 From Empire
Quote :
This nightmarish travelogue is coy about gore, but it’s still an effective thrill-ride. If the sequel happens, let’s hope it delivers some actual combat.
http://www.empireonline.com/reviews/reviewcomplete.asp?FID=137228

Last edited by Ali* on Mon Jun 03, 2013 3:38 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
josh200612
Silver Belt
Silver Belt
josh200612

Favorite Fighter(s) : Rashad Evans #1!,Rampage,GSP,Couture,Chael Sonnen,BJ Penn,Robbie Lawler,King MO,Frank Mir

PostSubject: Re: The ultimate movie discussion thread   The ultimate movie discussion thread - Page 9 EmptySun Jun 02, 2013 6:59 pm

I saw Now You See me. It was alright. I saw Fast 6 and The Hangover 3 last weekend back to back Fast 6 was kind of better waiting for The Purge nest week.
Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

PostSubject: Re: The ultimate movie discussion thread   The ultimate movie discussion thread - Page 9 EmptyMon Jun 03, 2013 11:55 am

After Earth was weird. With the premise it could of been prettycool and goo, but it wasn't. 4.5/10

Jack and the Beanstock was bad, stopped watching it. 3/10
Back to top Go down
Ali
Brown Belt
Brown Belt

PostSubject: Re: The ultimate movie discussion thread   The ultimate movie discussion thread - Page 9 EmptyWed Jun 05, 2013 1:15 pm

Flight - A great return to live action cinema from Robert Zemeckis and another outstanding performance from one of the best in the business Denzel. 4.5/5
Back to top Go down
josh200612
Silver Belt
Silver Belt
josh200612

Favorite Fighter(s) : Rashad Evans #1!,Rampage,GSP,Couture,Chael Sonnen,BJ Penn,Robbie Lawler,King MO,Frank Mir

PostSubject: Re: The ultimate movie discussion thread   The ultimate movie discussion thread - Page 9 EmptyWed Jun 05, 2013 1:49 pm

Ali* wrote:
Flight - A great return to live action cinema from Robert Zemeckis and another outstanding performance from one of the best in the business Denzel. 4.5/5

That movie was fucking awesome.
Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

PostSubject: Re: The ultimate movie discussion thread   The ultimate movie discussion thread - Page 9 EmptyThu Jun 06, 2013 11:45 am

Hall Pass - Funny actors brought out some laughs but it was poorly written. 5.5/10

21 and Over - Only the Chinese dude was funny. The main characters were plastic. 5/10
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: The ultimate movie discussion thread   The ultimate movie discussion thread - Page 9 EmptyThu Jun 06, 2013 11:51 am

GDPofDRC wrote:
Hall Pass - Funny actors brought out some laughs but it was poorly written. 5.5/10

21 and Over - Only the Chinese dude was funny. The main characters were plastic. 5/10

Hall Pass was OK. Have you ever seen Cedar Rapids?
Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

PostSubject: Re: The ultimate movie discussion thread   The ultimate movie discussion thread - Page 9 EmptyThu Jun 06, 2013 12:31 pm

I dont think so
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: The ultimate movie discussion thread   The ultimate movie discussion thread - Page 9 EmptyThu Jun 06, 2013 12:51 pm

GDPofDRC wrote:
I dont think so

It's not bad, has a hilarious cast.
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1477837/
Back to top Go down
Ludo
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
Ludo

Favorite Fighter(s) : The Prodigy, The Great, Viking Dahmer, The Phenom

PostSubject: Re: The ultimate movie discussion thread   The ultimate movie discussion thread - Page 9 EmptyThu Jun 06, 2013 1:04 pm

Hammer of the Gods: Some cheesy music(including a battle scene to some dubstep bullshit) but overall the movie is well done. The guy who plays Rollo in Vikings is in the supporting cast and pretty true to form. It was an interesting story that didn't progress too quickly or feel like it was rushed out. Not the best historical epic type film but I enjoyed it. 3 out of 5.

Last Exorcism 2: Much different than the first. Where the first was shot in found footage type quality this is full on cinematic. And where the first focused more on the reverend and his people this one focuses on the aftermath of it all as experienced by the girl. The ending scene is pretty stupid but up until then it's a worthy watch if you've seen and liked the first one. 3.5 out of 5.

Jack the Giant Slayer: I came in with no expectations and I wouldn't say it was quite as bad as GDP made it out to be. It was alright, not terrible, not great, not even above average. But I've seen worse this year, let alone all time. Everyone is familiar with the premise and they could have done much better with it overall, but I think this is one of those "excuse to show how cool CGI has become" ala Dragon Wars. It kept My attention. 2.5 out of 5.
Back to top Go down
Ali
Brown Belt
Brown Belt

PostSubject: Re: The ultimate movie discussion thread   The ultimate movie discussion thread - Page 9 EmptyThu Jun 06, 2013 1:55 pm

Back to top Go down
Ali
Brown Belt
Brown Belt

PostSubject: Re: The ultimate movie discussion thread   The ultimate movie discussion thread - Page 9 EmptyFri Jun 07, 2013 6:01 pm

Got my Django:Unchained Blu Ray today Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Ali
Brown Belt
Brown Belt

PostSubject: Re: The ultimate movie discussion thread   The ultimate movie discussion thread - Page 9 EmptySat Jun 08, 2013 9:28 pm

lol my friends wanted to see After Earth today

The ultimate movie discussion thread - Page 9 1212%20-%20gif%20mark_henry%20wwe
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The ultimate movie discussion thread   The ultimate movie discussion thread - Page 9 EmptyWed Jun 12, 2013 10:26 am

Just watched The Place Beyond the Pines. Good movie. Not as good as Drive but still good 7.5/10.
Back to top Go down
Ali
Brown Belt
Brown Belt

PostSubject: Re: The ultimate movie discussion thread   The ultimate movie discussion thread - Page 9 EmptyWed Jun 12, 2013 1:35 pm

freakzilla wrote:
Just watched The Place Beyond the Pines. Good movie. Not as good as Drive but still good 7.5/10.

Did you fall in love with Ryan Gosling when you stared into his dreamy eyes ?
Back to top Go down
Ludo
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
Ludo

Favorite Fighter(s) : The Prodigy, The Great, Viking Dahmer, The Phenom

PostSubject: Re: The ultimate movie discussion thread   The ultimate movie discussion thread - Page 9 EmptyWed Jun 12, 2013 4:22 pm

So this new post box layout is pretty cool, but onto other things:

The Call: When I saw it had anything to do with WWE studios I cringed, but thankfully they didn't turn this one into a complete cheesedick experience. It was kind of unbelievable at times but overall the story was compelling. The ending was fairly sinister for the way the movie had progressed but I liked it. Kind of a silence of the lambs type feel toward the end, without the transvestite action. I give it a 3 out of 5.

Hangover 3: Funnier than the second one. Some real laugh out loud moments but overall more of the same. That's not necessarily a bad thing but it won't top the first one, they never will. I'm glad they got back to basics in a way this time around and kept to the 3 man dynamic. Alot of this movie is in true to form fashion but there are a few new expansions to the characters, especially Alan(Galifinakis). In rank of funniest of this franchise I'd go Hangover, Hangover 3, Hangover 2. 3 out of 5.

Currently viewing The Incredible Burt Wonderstone I'll review it later.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The ultimate movie discussion thread   The ultimate movie discussion thread - Page 9 Empty

Back to top Go down

The ultimate movie discussion thread
Page 9 of 13Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next