Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

The ultimate movie discussion thread

Go down 
+11
Cu Bu
Ali
KingsOwn19
GDPofDRC
Ludo
josh200612
bobbitt15
Farmer1906
oggy420
killerofchicken
timthebim
15 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 11, 12, 13  Next
AuthorMessage
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

Favorite Fighter(s) : Shogun, Fedor, Wand, Saku, Hendo, BJ, Bas, Cain, Mike Vallely

The ultimate movie discussion thread - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The ultimate movie discussion thread   The ultimate movie discussion thread - Page 3 EmptyWed Mar 20, 2013 10:55 pm

Dredd, Lawless or Hunger Games?
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/v/skCV2L0c6K0
Ali
Brown Belt
Brown Belt

PostSubject: Re: The ultimate movie discussion thread   The ultimate movie discussion thread - Page 3 EmptyThu Mar 21, 2013 3:29 pm

The Campaign - Decent, it's got some laugh out loud moments here and there but it won't go down as one of Will's memorable comedies. 3.5/5

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1790886/?ref_=sr_1

Last edited by Ali* on Mon Mar 25, 2013 1:30 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Ali
Brown Belt
Brown Belt

PostSubject: Re: The ultimate movie discussion thread   The ultimate movie discussion thread - Page 3 EmptyThu Mar 21, 2013 3:30 pm

GDPofDRC wrote:

All of them are worth a watch IMO.
Back to top Go down
Ali
Brown Belt
Brown Belt

PostSubject: Re: The ultimate movie discussion thread   The ultimate movie discussion thread - Page 3 EmptyFri Mar 22, 2013 12:42 pm

End Of Watch - Loved every minute of it. I'd honestly put this in the same league as Training Day. 5/5

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1855199/?ref_=sr_1

Last edited by Ali* on Mon Mar 25, 2013 1:29 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Ali
Brown Belt
Brown Belt

PostSubject: Re: The ultimate movie discussion thread   The ultimate movie discussion thread - Page 3 EmptyMon Mar 25, 2013 11:51 am

Headhunters - Outstanding !!!!! One of the best movies I've seen in the last couple years, I cannot recommend it highly enough. 5/5

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1614989/?ref_=fn_al_tt_1

Last edited by Ali* on Mon Mar 25, 2013 1:28 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

PostSubject: Re: The ultimate movie discussion thread   The ultimate movie discussion thread - Page 3 EmptyMon Mar 25, 2013 12:04 pm

GDPofDRC wrote:
Haven't seen Dredd but I liked both Lawless and Hunger Games.
Back to top Go down
oggy420
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt

PostSubject: Re: The ultimate movie discussion thread   The ultimate movie discussion thread - Page 3 EmptyMon Mar 25, 2013 1:28 pm

actually watched zero dark thirty

political beliefs aside, i thought it was really slow and poorly made. The whole last scene seemed very ameture. Pitch black screen with muzzle flashes and screaming doesn't do anything for me

Argo was much better

Last edited by oggy420 on Mon Mar 25, 2013 1:31 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
oggy420
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt

PostSubject: Re: The ultimate movie discussion thread   The ultimate movie discussion thread - Page 3 EmptyMon Mar 25, 2013 1:30 pm

Ali* wrote:
End Of Watch - Loved every minute of it. I'd honestly put this in the same league as Training Day. 5/5

was not a fan. Don't think it compares to training day

Back to top Go down
Ali
Brown Belt
Brown Belt

PostSubject: Re: The ultimate movie discussion thread   The ultimate movie discussion thread - Page 3 EmptyMon Mar 25, 2013 1:31 pm

oggy420 wrote:
actually watched zero dark thrity

political beliefs aside, i thought it was really slow and poorly made. The whole last scene seemed very ameture. Pitch black screen with muzzle flashes and screaming doesn't do anything for me

Argo was much better

Yeah cause it makes much more sense to film the Osama's downfall during daylight palm
Back to top Go down
oggy420
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt

PostSubject: Re: The ultimate movie discussion thread   The ultimate movie discussion thread - Page 3 EmptyMon Mar 25, 2013 1:33 pm

at least do nightvision. What is the point if you can't even see what is going on? If i wanted to use my imagination i'd read the book
Back to top Go down
Ali
Brown Belt
Brown Belt

PostSubject: Re: The ultimate movie discussion thread   The ultimate movie discussion thread - Page 3 EmptyMon Mar 25, 2013 1:34 pm

oggy420 wrote:
at least do nightvision. What is the point if you can't even see what is going on? If i wanted to use my imagination i'd read the book

They did have nightvision on. Perhaps it's time for a trip to the opticians.
Back to top Go down
oggy420
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt

PostSubject: Re: The ultimate movie discussion thread   The ultimate movie discussion thread - Page 3 EmptyMon Mar 25, 2013 1:35 pm

not the whole time, the kept going back and forth. Anyway it's just my opinion, very slow almost fell asleep until explosions woke me up lol
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

PostSubject: Re: The ultimate movie discussion thread   The ultimate movie discussion thread - Page 3 EmptyMon Mar 25, 2013 1:38 pm

isplosions are fun.
Back to top Go down
oggy420
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt

PostSubject: Re: The ultimate movie discussion thread   The ultimate movie discussion thread - Page 3 EmptyMon Mar 25, 2013 1:40 pm

OU wrote:
isplosions are fun.

especially on surround sound haha pretty sure i woke my neighbors up too
Back to top Go down
Ludo
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
Ludo

Favorite Fighter(s) : The Prodigy, The Great, Viking Dahmer, The Phenom

PostSubject: Re: The ultimate movie discussion thread   The ultimate movie discussion thread - Page 3 EmptyMon Mar 25, 2013 3:36 pm

Ali* wrote:

Told you.
Back to top Go down
Ludo
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
Ludo

Favorite Fighter(s) : The Prodigy, The Great, Viking Dahmer, The Phenom

PostSubject: Re: The ultimate movie discussion thread   The ultimate movie discussion thread - Page 3 EmptyMon Mar 25, 2013 3:38 pm

oggy420 wrote:
not the whole time, the kept going back and forth. Anyway it's just my opinion, very slow almost fell asleep until explosions woke me up lol

So you can watch a two hour documentary on the possible existance of the illuminati but you fall asleep during a re-enactment of the steps taken to eliminate Osama Bin Laden... Dafuq?
Back to top Go down
oggy420
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt

PostSubject: Re: The ultimate movie discussion thread   The ultimate movie discussion thread - Page 3 EmptyMon Mar 25, 2013 3:43 pm

ohh im sorry i forgot it is my oath as an american to support and love all movies with our military in it

Back to top Go down
oggy420
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt

PostSubject: Re: The ultimate movie discussion thread   The ultimate movie discussion thread - Page 3 EmptyMon Mar 25, 2013 3:47 pm

Argo was actually a good movie and historically accurate, showed how we overthrough a democratically elected leader and installed the brutal shah which led to what happened

Zero Dark thirty was not a good movie imo, i know im a horrible person for thinking that...

Back to top Go down
Ali
Brown Belt
Brown Belt

PostSubject: Re: The ultimate movie discussion thread   The ultimate movie discussion thread - Page 3 EmptyMon Mar 25, 2013 3:53 pm

oggy420 wrote:
Argo was actually a good movie and historically accurate, showed how we overthrough a democratically elected leader and installed the brutal shah which led to what happened

Zero Dark thirty was not a good movie imo, i know im a horrible person for thinking that...

I think you're letting your personal views about American policy cloud your judgement about the movie, ZDK to me was a brilliant portrayal about obssession.

Argo is a great movie though I agree with you there.
Back to top Go down
Ali
Brown Belt
Brown Belt

PostSubject: Re: The ultimate movie discussion thread   The ultimate movie discussion thread - Page 3 EmptyMon Mar 25, 2013 3:54 pm

Ludo wrote:
Ali* wrote:

Told you.

Is it wrong that I was really attracted to the Latina gangster ?
Back to top Go down
oggy420
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt

PostSubject: Re: The ultimate movie discussion thread   The ultimate movie discussion thread - Page 3 EmptyMon Mar 25, 2013 4:01 pm

Ali* wrote:
oggy420 wrote:

I think you're letting your personal views about American policy cloud your judgement about the movie, ZDK to me was a brilliant portrayal about obssession.

Not really. What was so great about it? I think you are letting your views on policy put this film up on a pedestal that it doesn't belong to be on. They knew people would eat this movie up because what it was about. It is average, nothing special, but people completely overreact because of the emotional subject matter. Just like pearl harbor was a terrible movie yet because of the emotional attachment and subject matter you are guilt tripped into loving it or else there is something clearly wrong with you, same thing for all the 911 films. Thats actually pretty sick though, that actors made millions of dollars while first responders are for the most part ignored and denied health coverage.
Back to top Go down
bobbitt15
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Chael Sonnen, Michael Chandler, Jorge Masvidal, Carlos Condit

PostSubject: Re: The ultimate movie discussion thread   The ultimate movie discussion thread - Page 3 EmptyMon Mar 25, 2013 4:05 pm

Pearl Harbor is bashed by everyone who's ever seen it Oggy, its pretty much a punch line. I haven't seen ZDT yet but I'm looking forward to it. If you want to talk about baiting people to like a military movie look no further than Act of Valor
Back to top Go down
Ali
Brown Belt
Brown Belt

PostSubject: Re: The ultimate movie discussion thread   The ultimate movie discussion thread - Page 3 EmptyMon Mar 25, 2013 4:08 pm

oggy420 wrote:
Ali* wrote:
oggy420 wrote:

Not really. What was so great about it? I think you are letting your views on policy put this film up on a pedestal that it doesn't belong to be on. They knew people would eat this movie up because what it was about. It is average, nothing special, but people completely overreact because of the emotional subject matter. Just like pearl harbor was a terrible movie yet because of the emotional attachment and subject matter you are guilt tripped into loving it or else there is something clearly wrong with you, same thing for all the 911 films. Thats actually pretty sick though, that actors made millions of dollars while first responders are for the most part ignored and denied health coverage.

You do realize I am just a white kid from Scotland and not a diehard Merican like OU and Farmer ?

Pearl Harbor is one giant pile of manure and I've yet to see one person who likes it.

Millions of dollars ....the budget was like $40 mill which is extremely low in todays industry. I highy doubt anybody earned severn figures for a role in that movie, maybe Jessica Chastain but that's only because she's becoming one of the best actresses in the business.
Back to top Go down
oggy420
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt

PostSubject: Re: The ultimate movie discussion thread   The ultimate movie discussion thread - Page 3 EmptyMon Mar 25, 2013 4:15 pm

When Pearl Harbor gets ripped by young dudes like us because they turned it into a fucking romance movie, unfortunately the Call of Duty generation loves anything where muslims are getting waterboarded for half the movie and there are special effects explosions -hence the reaction to ZDT

it wasn't the worst movie i've ever seen but i just don't think it is deserving of the hype train it's recieving
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: The ultimate movie discussion thread   The ultimate movie discussion thread - Page 3 EmptyMon Mar 25, 2013 4:20 pm

I haven't seen either. But speaking of 911 movies I won't watch the Tom Hanks movie, looks far too sad.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The ultimate movie discussion thread   The ultimate movie discussion thread - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

The ultimate movie discussion thread
Page 3 of 13Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 11, 12, 13  Next