Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

The ultimate movie discussion thread

Go down 
+11
Cu Bu
Ali
KingsOwn19
GDPofDRC
Ludo
josh200612
bobbitt15
Farmer1906
oggy420
killerofchicken
timthebim
15 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 11, 12, 13  Next
AuthorMessage
oggy420
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt

The ultimate movie discussion thread - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The ultimate movie discussion thread   The ultimate movie discussion thread - Page 4 EmptyMon Mar 25, 2013 4:26 pm

don't watch any 911 movie. It is wrong for hollywood to profit off of portraying anything that happened on that day unless they are donating 100% of the profit to the 1st responders who are still sick and dying with no help.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

PostSubject: Re: The ultimate movie discussion thread   The ultimate movie discussion thread - Page 4 EmptyMon Mar 25, 2013 4:29 pm

oggy420 wrote:
don't watch any 911 movie. It is wrong for hollywood to profit off of portraying anything that happened on that day unless they are donating 100% of the profit to the 1st responders who are still sick and dying with no help.

I don't plan on watching any 911 movie.
Back to top Go down
Ali
Brown Belt
Brown Belt

PostSubject: Re: The ultimate movie discussion thread   The ultimate movie discussion thread - Page 4 EmptyMon Mar 25, 2013 4:30 pm

oggy420 wrote:
When Pearl Harbor gets ripped by young dudes like us because they turned it into a fucking romance movie, unfortunately the Call of Duty generation loves anything where muslims are getting waterboarded for half the movie and there are special effects explosions -hence the reaction to ZDT

it wasn't the worst movie i've ever seen but i just don't think it is deserving of the hype train it's recieving

If anything it's the anti COD generation movie because it focuses on character development, backroom politics and the results that torture may or may not produce.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

PostSubject: Re: The ultimate movie discussion thread   The ultimate movie discussion thread - Page 4 EmptyMon Mar 25, 2013 4:31 pm

Ladder 49 is the last sad movie I saw. That will make a grown man cry.
Back to top Go down
Ali
Brown Belt
Brown Belt

PostSubject: Re: The ultimate movie discussion thread   The ultimate movie discussion thread - Page 4 EmptyMon Mar 25, 2013 4:34 pm

oggy420 wrote:

So you're against United 93 despite the fact it shows how civilians helped prevent terrorists achieving their target ?
Back to top Go down
oggy420
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt

PostSubject: Re: The ultimate movie discussion thread   The ultimate movie discussion thread - Page 4 EmptyMon Mar 25, 2013 4:36 pm

Ali* wrote:
oggy420 wrote:
When Pearl Harbor gets ripped by young dudes like us because they turned it into a fucking romance movie, unfortunately the Call of Duty generation loves anything where muslims are getting waterboarded for half the movie and there are special effects explosions -hence the reaction to ZDT

it wasn't the worst movie i've ever seen but i just don't think it is deserving of the hype train it's recieving

If anything it's the anti COD generation movie because it focuses on character development, backroom politics and the results that torture may or may not produce.

huh?

Literally the whole 1st half of the movie is them torturing a guy, waterboarding him, beating the shit out of him, stuffing him in a wooden box while he shits and pisses on himself. They use that to extract info from him. That is pretty clearly glorifying torture, but i digress. Don't want to start an all out thread battle on this film. Just wasn't impressed by it.

Back to top Go down
Ali
Brown Belt
Brown Belt

PostSubject: Re: The ultimate movie discussion thread   The ultimate movie discussion thread - Page 4 EmptyMon Mar 25, 2013 4:40 pm

In no way shape or form was that glorification it was just an accurate description of what tactics the CIA used during that period. Honestly it was about as grey a picture you could paint of torture.
Back to top Go down
oggy420
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt

PostSubject: Re: The ultimate movie discussion thread   The ultimate movie discussion thread - Page 4 EmptyMon Mar 25, 2013 4:41 pm

Ali* wrote:
oggy420 wrote:

So you're against United 93 despite the fact it shows how civilians helped prevent terrorists achieving their target ?

did hollywood actors profit from the movie? Were any of the millions of dollars used to help victims and first responders who are suffering to this day?

No?

Then yea, fuck that movie.

They told people the air was safe to breath. They lied. People got sick and died from that, are still dying. it took 10 years for them to get any health care coverage at all and thousands are still without and being ignored while those actors are still making profits from that film. If anyone involved in that film actually gave a shit they would donate all of their profits to a charity for first responders and the victims of the lies of the EPA who tod them the air was safe to breathe.
Back to top Go down
oggy420
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt

PostSubject: Re: The ultimate movie discussion thread   The ultimate movie discussion thread - Page 4 EmptyMon Mar 25, 2013 4:42 pm

yea they didn't paint the people who did the torture as heros who caught bin laden or anything...
Back to top Go down
Ali
Brown Belt
Brown Belt

PostSubject: Re: The ultimate movie discussion thread   The ultimate movie discussion thread - Page 4 EmptyMon Mar 25, 2013 4:43 pm

Quote :

did hollywood actors profit from the movie?
Nope the cast was full of mostly small time actors.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: The ultimate movie discussion thread   The ultimate movie discussion thread - Page 4 EmptyMon Mar 25, 2013 4:44 pm

What was the name of the movie that was done by Marines?
Back to top Go down
Ali
Brown Belt
Brown Belt

PostSubject: Re: The ultimate movie discussion thread   The ultimate movie discussion thread - Page 4 EmptyMon Mar 25, 2013 4:44 pm

oggy420 wrote:
yea they didn't paint the people who did the torture as heros who caught bin laden or anything...

They didn't at all you saw the effects it had on Chastain's character.
Back to top Go down
oggy420
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt

PostSubject: Re: The ultimate movie discussion thread   The ultimate movie discussion thread - Page 4 EmptyMon Mar 25, 2013 4:47 pm

Ali* wrote:
Quote :

did hollywood actors profit from the movie?
Nope the cast was full of mostly small time actors.

not the point.

United 93 grossed $31.4 million in the United States, and $76.2 million worldwide.

they donated a minute amount to build a memorial. Nothing to the 1st responders, nothing to the victims of the EPA's lies.
Back to top Go down
oggy420
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt

PostSubject: Re: The ultimate movie discussion thread   The ultimate movie discussion thread - Page 4 EmptyMon Mar 25, 2013 4:53 pm

anyone seen Snitch?
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: The ultimate movie discussion thread   The ultimate movie discussion thread - Page 4 EmptyMon Mar 25, 2013 4:55 pm

oggy420 wrote:
anyone seen Snitch?
Looks horrible. Like all Rock movies.
Back to top Go down
oggy420
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt

PostSubject: Re: The ultimate movie discussion thread   The ultimate movie discussion thread - Page 4 EmptyMon Mar 25, 2013 4:58 pm

true he makes some really bad movies, thought this one looked decent though. Looking for something to watch in the action genre
Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

Favorite Fighter(s) : Shogun, Fedor, Wand, Saku, Hendo, BJ, Bas, Cain, Mike Vallely

PostSubject: Re: The ultimate movie discussion thread   The ultimate movie discussion thread - Page 4 EmptyMon Mar 25, 2013 8:40 pm

will the real Sargent slaughter be playing Sargent slaughter in cheese I Joe to?
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/v/skCV2L0c6K0
Ali
Brown Belt
Brown Belt

PostSubject: Re: The ultimate movie discussion thread   The ultimate movie discussion thread - Page 4 EmptyTue Mar 26, 2013 12:17 pm

OU wrote:
oggy420 wrote:
anyone seen Snitch?

I enjoyed Welcome to The Jungle, Walking Tall and I loved Fast Five.

Plus his brief appearance in The Mummy 2 was cool aside from the awful CGI finale.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: The ultimate movie discussion thread   The ultimate movie discussion thread - Page 4 EmptyTue Mar 26, 2013 12:21 pm

Ali* wrote:
OU wrote:
oggy420 wrote:
anyone seen Snitch?

Plus his brief appearance in The Mummy 2 was cool aside from the awful CGI finale.
I thought those were all awful movies. He was semi decent in Gridiron Gang.
Back to top Go down
Ali
Brown Belt
Brown Belt

PostSubject: Re: The ultimate movie discussion thread   The ultimate movie discussion thread - Page 4 EmptyTue Mar 26, 2013 12:23 pm

OU wrote:
Ali* wrote:
OU wrote:
oggy420 wrote:
anyone seen Snitch?

I thought those were all awful movies. He was semi decent in Gridiron Gang.

Fast Five is fucking great I don't care what y'all say.
Back to top Go down
Ali
Brown Belt
Brown Belt

PostSubject: Re: The ultimate movie discussion thread   The ultimate movie discussion thread - Page 4 EmptyTue Mar 26, 2013 1:03 pm

A Statham movie with some actual depth....it's a miracle.

Back to top Go down
Ali
Brown Belt
Brown Belt

PostSubject: Re: The ultimate movie discussion thread   The ultimate movie discussion thread - Page 4 EmptyTue Mar 26, 2013 1:04 pm

Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: The ultimate movie discussion thread   The ultimate movie discussion thread - Page 4 EmptyWed Mar 27, 2013 3:27 pm

Ali* wrote:
oggy420 wrote:
Argo was actually a good movie and historically accurate, showed how we overthrough a democratically elected leader and installed the brutal shah which led to what happened

Zero Dark thirty was not a good movie imo, i know im a horrible person for thinking that...

I think you're letting your personal views about American policy cloud your judgement about the movie, ZDK to me was a brilliant portrayal about obssession.

Argo is a great movie though I agree with you there.
http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/lookout/osama-bin-laden-death-facts-surface-220127190.html
Quote :
There were “the Shooter” and “the Point Man.” Now a third member of SEAL Team 6 offers another account of the raid on Osama bin Laden that led to his death in 2011.
Back to top Go down
Ali
Brown Belt
Brown Belt

PostSubject: Re: The ultimate movie discussion thread   The ultimate movie discussion thread - Page 4 EmptyWed Mar 27, 2013 3:33 pm

OU wrote:
Ali* wrote:
oggy420 wrote:
Argo was actually a good movie and historically accurate, showed how we overthrough a democratically elected leader and installed the brutal shah which led to what happened

Zero Dark thirty was not a good movie imo, i know im a horrible person for thinking that...

I think you're letting your personal views about American policy cloud your judgement about the movie, ZDK to me was a brilliant portrayal about obssession.

Argo is a great movie though I agree with you there.
http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/lookout/osama-bin-laden-death-facts-surface-220127190.html
Quote :
There were “the Shooter” and “the Point Man.” Now a third member of SEAL Team 6 offers another account of the raid on Osama bin Laden that led to his death in 2011.

Shhh you'll wake up Oggy Laughing
Back to top Go down
Ali
Brown Belt
Brown Belt

PostSubject: Re: The ultimate movie discussion thread   The ultimate movie discussion thread - Page 4 EmptyWed Mar 27, 2013 5:13 pm

Huh seems like The White House has become the new Snow White and Asteroid/Comet.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The ultimate movie discussion thread   The ultimate movie discussion thread - Page 4 Empty

Back to top Go down

The ultimate movie discussion thread
Page 4 of 13Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 11, 12, 13  Next