Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

The ultimate movie discussion thread

Go down 
+11
Cu Bu
Ali
KingsOwn19
GDPofDRC
Ludo
josh200612
bobbitt15
Farmer1906
oggy420
killerofchicken
timthebim
15 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next
AuthorMessage

The ultimate movie discussion thread - Page 10 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The ultimate movie discussion thread   The ultimate movie discussion thread - Page 10 EmptyWed Jun 12, 2013 9:50 pm

Ali* wrote:
freakzilla wrote:
Just watched The Place Beyond the Pines. Good movie. Not as good as Drive but still good 7.5/10.

Did you fall in love with Ryan Gosling when you stared into his dreamy eyes ?

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
josh200612
Silver Belt
Silver Belt
josh200612

Favorite Fighter(s) : Rashad Evans #1!,Rampage,GSP,Couture,Chael Sonnen,BJ Penn,Robbie Lawler,King MO,Frank Mir

PostSubject: Re: The ultimate movie discussion thread   The ultimate movie discussion thread - Page 10 EmptyWed Jun 12, 2013 10:04 pm

freakzilla wrote:
Ali* wrote:
freakzilla wrote:
Just watched The Place Beyond the Pines. Good movie. Not as good as Drive but still good 7.5/10.

Did you fall in love with Ryan Gosling when you stared into his dreamy eyes ?

Spoiler:

Ya I was kind of pissed when that happened. I had no clue what to think.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The ultimate movie discussion thread   The ultimate movie discussion thread - Page 10 EmptyWed Jun 12, 2013 10:29 pm

Gosling is so much better at acting than Bradley Cooper.
Back to top Go down
Ali
Brown Belt
Brown Belt

PostSubject: Re: The ultimate movie discussion thread   The ultimate movie discussion thread - Page 10 EmptyWed Jun 12, 2013 10:34 pm

Cooper can be good given the right material. I was impressed with Bradley in Silver Linings.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

PostSubject: Re: The ultimate movie discussion thread   The ultimate movie discussion thread - Page 10 EmptyThu Jun 13, 2013 9:39 am

Ali* wrote:
Cooper can be good given the right material. I was impressed with Bradley in Silver Linings.
I thought Limitless was decent. He did a good job in Wedding Crashers. Decent in comedies.
Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

Favorite Fighter(s) : Shogun, Fedor, Wand, Saku, Hendo, BJ, Bas, Cain, Mike Vallely

PostSubject: Re: The ultimate movie discussion thread   The ultimate movie discussion thread - Page 10 EmptyThu Jun 13, 2013 2:27 pm

Last of Us is coming out soon.  Was inspired to head back down Cormac McCarthy's dark tale, The Road.  Read the book last night then watched the movie for the first time since the first time.  Stellar performance from Mortensen and epic medium transfer from print to film.  9.5/10
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/v/skCV2L0c6K0
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

PostSubject: Re: The ultimate movie discussion thread   The ultimate movie discussion thread - Page 10 EmptyThu Jun 13, 2013 2:33 pm

I want to see This is The End. I know it's going to be cheesy but I'm sure I'll enjoy it.
Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

Favorite Fighter(s) : Shogun, Fedor, Wand, Saku, Hendo, BJ, Bas, Cain, Mike Vallely

PostSubject: Re: The ultimate movie discussion thread   The ultimate movie discussion thread - Page 10 EmptyThu Jun 13, 2013 3:07 pm

Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: The ultimate movie discussion thread   The ultimate movie discussion thread - Page 10 EmptyThu Jun 13, 2013 3:19 pm

I saw Owen and Vince on Conan the other day. You can tell they get along really well off set. I still think they should have done a half ass kind of sequel from Wedding Crashers. Kind of like This is 40 did with Knocked Up. Story lines don't really have anything to do with eachother but they use the already developed characters.
Back to top Go down
Ali
Brown Belt
Brown Belt

PostSubject: Re: The ultimate movie discussion thread   The ultimate movie discussion thread - Page 10 EmptyThu Jun 13, 2013 5:39 pm

Please no crappy sequels The Wedding Crashers was a nice one off comedy.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: The ultimate movie discussion thread   The ultimate movie discussion thread - Page 10 EmptyFri Jun 14, 2013 9:00 am

Aren't you a fan of Anchorman 2? Also, it's not like a true sequel really that I was suggesting. I think it would work very well.
Back to top Go down
Ali
Brown Belt
Brown Belt

PostSubject: Re: The ultimate movie discussion thread   The ultimate movie discussion thread - Page 10 EmptyFri Jun 14, 2013 12:22 pm

OU wrote:
Aren't you a fan of Anchorman 2? Also, it's not like a true sequel really that I was suggesting. I think it would work very well.

Anchorman is different there is huge demand for a sequel and it has got the type of characters and style to carry the series on.
Back to top Go down
Ali
Brown Belt
Brown Belt

PostSubject: Re: The ultimate movie discussion thread   The ultimate movie discussion thread - Page 10 EmptySat Jun 15, 2013 9:15 pm

Killing Them Softly - Aside from the speech at the end it was pretty meh. 3/5

Oh and Johnny Sack got fat! lol.
Back to top Go down
KingsOwn19
Administrator
Administrator
KingsOwn19

Favorite Fighter(s) : Lyoto Machida, BJ Penn, Anderson Silva,Dan Henderson, Emelianenko Fedor, Josh Barnett

PostSubject: Re: The ultimate movie discussion thread   The ultimate movie discussion thread - Page 10 EmptySat Jun 15, 2013 10:52 pm

saw Mama

I was expecting a little more since i heard really good things, but i guess it was pretty good. There was some freaky shit..ending was a little too emo.
Back to top Go down
KingsOwn19
Administrator
Administrator
KingsOwn19

Favorite Fighter(s) : Lyoto Machida, BJ Penn, Anderson Silva,Dan Henderson, Emelianenko Fedor, Josh Barnett

PostSubject: Re: The ultimate movie discussion thread   The ultimate movie discussion thread - Page 10 EmptySat Jun 15, 2013 10:55 pm

freakzilla wrote:
Gosling is so much better at acting than Bradley Cooper.

I like Gosling more because his movies tend to be a lot better. I think Cooper tries to expand his range a little more. Ryan Gosling is always Ryan Gosling with a different issue. Whether he's a neo nazi, a bad husband, a crackhead, someone who fucks a sex doll...he's Ryan Gosling. Which is fine by me since he's really good at playing the everyday person and he's always believable.
Back to top Go down
Ali
Brown Belt
Brown Belt

PostSubject: Re: The ultimate movie discussion thread   The ultimate movie discussion thread - Page 10 EmptySat Jun 15, 2013 11:20 pm

Now that The Hangover is out of the way and Silver Linings has given Bradley a bit of credibility I hope he continues to challenge himself and look for interesting roles.

Meanwhile Will Smith continues to burry his head in the sand and act like it's still 1996.
Back to top Go down
Ludo
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
Ludo

Favorite Fighter(s) : The Prodigy, The Great, Viking Dahmer, The Phenom

PostSubject: Re: The ultimate movie discussion thread   The ultimate movie discussion thread - Page 10 EmptyMon Jun 17, 2013 4:16 pm

The Incredible Burt Wonderstone: Kind of corny and some cheap laughs. Not really the kind of performance you'd expect out of Carrell, but Jim Carrey was his usual self despite being a walking mockery of Christ Angel. It was ultimately very silly and slapstick, but it got a few laughs out of Me. Don't go into it with your expectations too high and you'll enjoy it. 2.5 out of 5.

VHS 2: Better than the first one to be honest. The effects were much better, though you can tell they had a much bigger budget this time around(the first one had a budget of only $15k). Though not really tied directly to the first story it still follows the same basic plot setting involving multiple tapes and thus multiple stories. But if you liked the first one you'll enjoy this even more. 3.5 out of 5.
Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

PostSubject: Re: The ultimate movie discussion thread   The ultimate movie discussion thread - Page 10 EmptyMon Jun 17, 2013 4:24 pm

VHS 2 already? Gonna get it tonight.
Back to top Go down
josh200612
Silver Belt
Silver Belt
josh200612

Favorite Fighter(s) : Rashad Evans #1!,Rampage,GSP,Couture,Chael Sonnen,BJ Penn,Robbie Lawler,King MO,Frank Mir

PostSubject: Re: The ultimate movie discussion thread   The ultimate movie discussion thread - Page 10 EmptyMon Jun 17, 2013 5:40 pm

I watched V/H/S/2 last week it was pretty good. The second to last video was my favorite and the last one had a very original camera angle I liked it.
Back to top Go down
Ali
Brown Belt
Brown Belt

PostSubject: Re: The ultimate movie discussion thread   The ultimate movie discussion thread - Page 10 EmptyFri Jun 21, 2013 4:56 pm

Looks like I am catching World War Z tomorrow and hopefully I'll be able to catch Man of Steel sometime during the week as well. Love this time of year there's so many movies to catch in the theater.

I've also got Alex Cross to watch on Blu Ray tonight.
Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

PostSubject: Re: The ultimate movie discussion thread   The ultimate movie discussion thread - Page 10 EmptyFri Jun 21, 2013 7:48 pm

Welcome to the Punch - a few bright spots but seemed like a lack of cohesion between most of the main cast, the chemistry wasn't great.  Kinda standard after that.  6.5/10

Hammer of the Gods - low budget and all but average still with tempered expectations.  I really liked the last scene though.  5/10
Back to top Go down
KingsOwn19
Administrator
Administrator
KingsOwn19

PostSubject: Re: The ultimate movie discussion thread   The ultimate movie discussion thread - Page 10 EmptyFri Jun 21, 2013 8:17 pm

Looked up this VHS stuff...how did i not hear of these? I gotta check these out.
Back to top Go down
josh200612
Silver Belt
Silver Belt
josh200612

PostSubject: Re: The ultimate movie discussion thread   The ultimate movie discussion thread - Page 10 EmptyFri Jun 21, 2013 9:11 pm

You're slacking on horror cams.
Back to top Go down
KingsOwn19
Administrator
Administrator
KingsOwn19

PostSubject: Re: The ultimate movie discussion thread   The ultimate movie discussion thread - Page 10 EmptyFri Jun 21, 2013 10:31 pm

I really am. Havent even seen PA4 and Grave Encounters 2 yet.
Back to top Go down
josh200612
Silver Belt
Silver Belt
josh200612

PostSubject: Re: The ultimate movie discussion thread   The ultimate movie discussion thread - Page 10 EmptyFri Jun 21, 2013 11:29 pm

Damn, I'm sorry for your loss.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The ultimate movie discussion thread   The ultimate movie discussion thread - Page 10 Empty

Back to top Go down

The ultimate movie discussion thread
Page 10 of 13Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next