Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Jon Fitch released from UFC?

Go down 
+5
GDPofDRC
bobbitt15
SOKO
oggy420
OU
9 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
AuthorMessage
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

Jon Fitch released from UFC? - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jon Fitch released from UFC?   Jon Fitch released from UFC? - Page 4 EmptyThu Feb 21, 2013 10:28 am

bobbitt15 wrote:
I'm not sure I buy them being in financial trouble but there is talk they are looking to shed some bigger contracts for guys who aren't going to be bringing any additional eyes or interest to cards and Fitch would fall under that category. I think his prior relationship with Zuffa had just as much to do with it though
I don't there is any other logical explanation other then they are in financial trouble. I don't see how they can talk about expansion to other countries, expanding weight classes to adding 115, expanding and adding a women's division if they are going to make cuts like these. I don't want expansion if it means sacrificing the quality of the current divisions.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

PostSubject: Re: Jon Fitch released from UFC?   Jon Fitch released from UFC? - Page 4 EmptyThu Feb 21, 2013 12:05 pm

Man I've been all over the internet since this was announced. It is just further dividing the fans. You have the fans that beleive the bottom line should be about the outcome of fights and what actually takes place in the cage. Where your standing in the division and who fights for the title is based on how well you do your job.
Then you have the other group that doesn't care how they treat fighters or how they determine contenders. They just want to see the loudest and most interesting guys thrown out there. They don't care if it all revolves around entertainment and money.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: Jon Fitch released from UFC?   Jon Fitch released from UFC? - Page 4 EmptyThu Feb 21, 2013 3:16 pm

OU wrote:
Man I've been all over the internet since this was announced. It is just further dividing the fans. You have the fans that beleive the bottom line should be about the outcome of fights and what actually takes place in the cage. Where your standing in the division and who fights for the title is based on how well you do your job.
Then you have the other group that doesn't care how they treat fighters or how they determine contenders. They just want to see the loudest and most interesting guys thrown out there. They don't care if it all revolves around entertainment and money.
http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2013/2/21/4010816/trying-to-make-sense-of-jon-fitchs-ufc-release
Quote :
Brent Brookhouse attempts to make sense of why the UFC would cut Jon Fitch, questioning the "entertainment vs. sport" message that may have been sent and comparing Fitch's salary to comparable fighters.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: Jon Fitch released from UFC?   Jon Fitch released from UFC? - Page 4 EmptyThu Feb 28, 2013 2:01 pm

Back to top Go down
bobbitt15
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Chael Sonnen, Michael Chandler, Jorge Masvidal, Carlos Condit

PostSubject: Re: Jon Fitch released from UFC?   Jon Fitch released from UFC? - Page 4 EmptyThu Feb 28, 2013 2:08 pm

And: could Lombard be out the door with a 1-2 start given the massive deal they gave him to get him from Bellator?
Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

Favorite Fighter(s) : Shogun, Fedor, Wand, Saku, Hendo, BJ, Bas, Cain, Mike Vallely

PostSubject: Re: Jon Fitch released from UFC?   Jon Fitch released from UFC? - Page 4 EmptyThu Feb 28, 2013 2:09 pm

Should he be? Of course not.

Could he be? Of course.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/v/skCV2L0c6K0
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

Favorite Fighter(s) : Shogun, Fedor, Wand, Saku, Hendo, BJ, Bas, Cain, Mike Vallely

PostSubject: Re: Jon Fitch released from UFC?   Jon Fitch released from UFC? - Page 4 EmptyThu Feb 28, 2013 2:12 pm

But they are paying him 300k a show no strings.

Zuffa doesn't do good business with the whole idea of, "I would never ask a guy to take less money (I'll just cut them all together)"
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/v/skCV2L0c6K0
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: Jon Fitch released from UFC?   Jon Fitch released from UFC? - Page 4 EmptyThu Feb 28, 2013 2:20 pm

GDPofDRC wrote:
Should he be? Of course not.

Could he be? Of course.
Seems like a legit concern. They have alot of similarities.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Jon Fitch released from UFC?   Jon Fitch released from UFC? - Page 4 Empty

Back to top Go down

Jon Fitch released from UFC?
Page 4 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4