Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Jon Fitch released from UFC?

Go down 
+5
GDPofDRC
bobbitt15
SOKO
oggy420
OU
9 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
bobbitt15
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Chael Sonnen, Michael Chandler, Jorge Masvidal, Carlos Condit

Jon Fitch released from UFC? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jon Fitch released from UFC?   Jon Fitch released from UFC? - Page 2 EmptyWed Feb 20, 2013 3:54 pm

Outside of Fitch I don't see a lot of guys on that list Bellator would have an interest in. Russow could probably become their HW champ lol, but I think he probably retires and just sticks to cop duty
Back to top Go down
oggy420
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt

PostSubject: Re: Jon Fitch released from UFC?   Jon Fitch released from UFC? - Page 2 EmptyWed Feb 20, 2013 3:56 pm

have to agree with Ninja, Zuffa is fucking this shit up.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

PostSubject: Re: Jon Fitch released from UFC?   Jon Fitch released from UFC? - Page 2 EmptyWed Feb 20, 2013 3:58 pm

oggy420 wrote:
I have been saying it for awhile now. Dana did all the good he can do for the sport. Props for taking it this far but he is doing more bad then good these days and is not the right man moving forward. People think because he made the right moves in the past that means he is doing the right things now. Well he isn't.
Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

Favorite Fighter(s) : Shogun, Fedor, Wand, Saku, Hendo, BJ, Bas, Cain, Mike Vallely

PostSubject: Re: Jon Fitch released from UFC?   Jon Fitch released from UFC? - Page 2 EmptyWed Feb 20, 2013 4:00 pm

bobbitt15 wrote:
Outside of Fitch I don't see a lot of guys on that list Bellator would have an interest in. Russow could probably become their HW champ lol, but I think he probably retires and just sticks to cop duty

Really, you think another national promotion would be interested in having only Jon Fitch fighting on their cards from that group?
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/v/skCV2L0c6K0
oggy420
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt

PostSubject: Re: Jon Fitch released from UFC?   Jon Fitch released from UFC? - Page 2 EmptyWed Feb 20, 2013 4:01 pm

bobbitt15 wrote:
oggy420 wrote:
agreed. I can't imagine how thats possible but something is definitely going on. These are good fighters who dont deserve to be cut. The lack of depth on some future cards is already a concern imo. I dont get it.

Lack of depth? They have about a million dudes signed right now, people have been bitching for atleast a year about the number of non UFC caliber guys on the roster. The only ones on that list who shouldn't be cut are Volkmann and Fitch

dude come on. Maybe your excited about guys like josh neer and Mike Ricci fighting on main cards but i'll take about anyone on the list of cut fighters over some of the guys they keep putting out there.
Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

Favorite Fighter(s) : Shogun, Fedor, Wand, Saku, Hendo, BJ, Bas, Cain, Mike Vallely

PostSubject: Re: Jon Fitch released from UFC?   Jon Fitch released from UFC? - Page 2 EmptyWed Feb 20, 2013 4:02 pm

OU wrote:
oggy420 wrote:
I have been saying it for awhile now. Dana did all the good he can do for the sport. Props for taking it this far but he is doing more bad then good these days and is not the right man moving forward. People think because he made the right moves in the past that means he is doing the right things now. Well he isn't.

I think "all the good Dana has done for the sport" is highly overrated. The dude is a egomaniac lucky enough to have rich friends to give him the job and financial backing. Put any number of professional people in a similar situation and things are going to happen.
Back to top Go down
bobbitt15
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Chael Sonnen, Michael Chandler, Jorge Masvidal, Carlos Condit

PostSubject: Re: Jon Fitch released from UFC?   Jon Fitch released from UFC? - Page 2 EmptyWed Feb 20, 2013 4:03 pm

GDPofDRC wrote:
bobbitt15 wrote:

Really, you think another national promotion would be interested in having only Jon Fitch fighting on their cards from that group?

The one that has made it clear they don't want to be known as the place for UFC washouts? Pretty much. Not to say there aren't 1-2 they won't look at but I don't see a lot of guys from that group that will be fighting for Bellator the next time out
Back to top Go down
bobbitt15
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

PostSubject: Re: Jon Fitch released from UFC?   Jon Fitch released from UFC? - Page 2 EmptyWed Feb 20, 2013 4:05 pm

oggy420 wrote:
bobbitt15 wrote:
oggy420 wrote:
agreed. I can't imagine how thats possible but something is definitely going on. These are good fighters who dont deserve to be cut. The lack of depth on some future cards is already a concern imo. I dont get it.

Lack of depth? They have about a million dudes signed right now, people have been bitching for atleast a year about the number of non UFC caliber guys on the roster. The only ones on that list who shouldn't be cut are Volkmann and Fitch

dude come on. Maybe your excited about guys like josh neer and Mike Ricci fighting on main cards but i'll take about anyone on the list of cut fighters over some of the guys they keep putting out there.

Outside of Fitch and Volkmann I have no problems with any of those cuts. Again, people have been complaining about the size of the roster for a while now, I have no problem with making the UFC seem more exclusive again rather than watching 3 shitty facebook fights at the beginning of every card
Back to top Go down
killerofchicken
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
killerofchicken

Favorite Fighter(s) : Mauricio Shogun Rua, BJ Penn, AXE MURDERER,Fedor, CroCop, Vitor Belfort, JDS

PostSubject: Re: Jon Fitch released from UFC?   Jon Fitch released from UFC? - Page 2 EmptyWed Feb 20, 2013 4:06 pm

HOLY SHIT!

if this isn't a sign of Zuffas troubles then I don't know what is? HOOLY SMOKES!

theyre feeding excellent fighters to their only competition at this point, Bellator!
Back to top Go down
killerofchicken
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
killerofchicken

Favorite Fighter(s) : Mauricio Shogun Rua, BJ Penn, AXE MURDERER,Fedor, CroCop, Vitor Belfort, JDS

PostSubject: Re: Jon Fitch released from UFC?   Jon Fitch released from UFC? - Page 2 EmptyWed Feb 20, 2013 4:07 pm

bobbitt15 wrote:
oggy420 wrote:
bobbitt15 wrote:
oggy420 wrote:

Outside of Fitch and Volkmann I have no problems with any of those cuts. Again, people have been complaining about the size of the roster for a while now, I have no problem with making the UFC seem more exclusive again rather than watching 3 shitty facebook fights at the beginning of every card

what people are complaining about the size of the roster? i know for a damn fact the fans aren't! the more fighters the more fights!
Back to top Go down
oggy420
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt

PostSubject: Re: Jon Fitch released from UFC?   Jon Fitch released from UFC? - Page 2 EmptyWed Feb 20, 2013 4:09 pm

now it's not so hard to see why guys like Barnett and Fedor never signed
Back to top Go down
killerofchicken
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
killerofchicken

PostSubject: Re: Jon Fitch released from UFC?   Jon Fitch released from UFC? - Page 2 EmptyWed Feb 20, 2013 4:09 pm

HOLLY SHIT!!!
Back to top Go down
killerofchicken
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
killerofchicken

PostSubject: Re: Jon Fitch released from UFC?   Jon Fitch released from UFC? - Page 2 EmptyWed Feb 20, 2013 4:10 pm

oggy420 wrote:
i really don't see a correlation at all...
Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

PostSubject: Re: Jon Fitch released from UFC?   Jon Fitch released from UFC? - Page 2 EmptyWed Feb 20, 2013 4:10 pm

bobbitt15 wrote:
GDPofDRC wrote:
bobbitt15 wrote:

The one that has made it clear they don't want to be known as the place for UFC washouts? Pretty much. Not to say there aren't 1-2 they won't look at but I don't see a lot of guys from that group that will be fighting for Bellator the next time out

I remember that being said and I remember thinking opportunity will someday make those words invalid. Also, being cut from Zuffa's rooster does not black and white make anybody washed up, unless White's used car salesman word is the only voice one can live by.
Back to top Go down
bobbitt15
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

PostSubject: Re: Jon Fitch released from UFC?   Jon Fitch released from UFC? - Page 2 EmptyWed Feb 20, 2013 4:11 pm

killerofchicken wrote:
bobbitt15 wrote:
oggy420 wrote:
bobbitt15 wrote:
oggy420 wrote:

what people are complaining about the size of the roster? i know for a damn fact the fans aren't! the more fighters the more fights!

The media and journalists have been talking about oversaturation and the UFC's bloated roster for quite a long time now
Back to top Go down
oggy420
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt

PostSubject: Re: Jon Fitch released from UFC?   Jon Fitch released from UFC? - Page 2 EmptyWed Feb 20, 2013 4:12 pm

killerofchicken wrote:
oggy420 wrote:
i really don't see a correlation at all...

because winning isn't really what matters anymore. If you can justify keeping Leonard Garcia while cutting guys like Fitch then it seriously questions the ethics of the promotion
Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

PostSubject: Re: Jon Fitch released from UFC?   Jon Fitch released from UFC? - Page 2 EmptyWed Feb 20, 2013 4:16 pm

bobbitt15 wrote:
oggy420 wrote:
bobbitt15 wrote:
oggy420 wrote:

For a long time there have been complaints about how huge the rooster is. Glad I was brought up to speed on this news just now.

UFC should be exclusive, but not for having the best fighters in the world. I see.

So if a fight is on facebook, that means it's shitty? I have news for you... Main events have been shitty and facebook fights have been epic.
Back to top Go down
oggy420
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt

PostSubject: Re: Jon Fitch released from UFC?   Jon Fitch released from UFC? - Page 2 EmptyWed Feb 20, 2013 4:17 pm

those roosters can get pretty big
Back to top Go down
bobbitt15
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

PostSubject: Re: Jon Fitch released from UFC?   Jon Fitch released from UFC? - Page 2 EmptyWed Feb 20, 2013 4:22 pm

I probably spend far too much time reading MMA related articles but oversaturation has been a HUGE talking point for atleast a year now with people saying the UFC is bringing down its own brand by having a card every single weekend featuring a lot of guys that probably aren't good enough to be fighting in the promotion anyway. I thought most people were aware of this

GDP you're speaking in all absolutes. No one said every Facebook fight sucks but there are plenty of fights like David Mitchell-Simeon Thoresen and Vaughn Lee-Tezuka where you're like "Really, this is a UFC fight"? Got no problem trimming some of that fat off
Back to top Go down
Ninja
Administrator
Administrator
Ninja

Favorite Fighter(s) : Anyone with the last name Rua or Emelianenko and Uncle Creepy

PostSubject: Re: Jon Fitch released from UFC?   Jon Fitch released from UFC? - Page 2 EmptyWed Feb 20, 2013 4:35 pm

But it's not trimming the fat off...if they wanted to trim the fact cut Dan Hardy, Gracia, or the million of average TUF fighters who make up the UFC roster...not fighters that are actually winning fights consistently.
Back to top Go down
https://ninjasplace.forumotion.net
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

PostSubject: Re: Jon Fitch released from UFC?   Jon Fitch released from UFC? - Page 2 EmptyWed Feb 20, 2013 4:40 pm

Just going off of what you give. You don't think all facebook fights are shitty, but have only chosen to addressed them as such in the conversation at hand. So how off am I?

Some of those guys like Prado and Stumpf were obviously cheap cheap gambles they could throw in, if they were winners, score, if not, whats a couple of $6Ks to show. But half of that list is amongst the best group of fighters in the world.

Worst part of this and the unmistakable anti MMA direction of Zuffa is, this is not shocking to people any more, it expected and more and more unfortunately accepted. Will always be fans who give a shit but this sports entertainment is not marketed for people who like MMA anymore.
Back to top Go down
bobbitt15
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

PostSubject: Re: Jon Fitch released from UFC?   Jon Fitch released from UFC? - Page 2 EmptyWed Feb 20, 2013 4:41 pm

It is with the exception of 2 guys which I don't agree with although one makes more sense to me from a $$ perspective. I doubt this is an isolated incident though if they have told the media they are looking at about 100 cuts. These upcoming cards I'm sure will see a lot of losers also getting their pink slips
Back to top Go down
Ninja
Administrator
Administrator
Ninja

Favorite Fighter(s) : Anyone with the last name Rua or Emelianenko and Uncle Creepy

PostSubject: Re: Jon Fitch released from UFC?   Jon Fitch released from UFC? - Page 2 EmptyWed Feb 20, 2013 4:43 pm

bobbitt15 wrote:

I don't agree. In division where Dave Jensen and Marcin Held are fighting for a titleshot, is it that crazy to think Bellator would sign Paul Sass, Etim, Volkmann for their next tournament?

Herion by some a fair majority thought he beat Askren.

Bellator's HW and LHW division are so putrid that Russow and Vladdy would actually make nice additions.
Back to top Go down
bobbitt15
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

PostSubject: Re: Jon Fitch released from UFC?   Jon Fitch released from UFC? - Page 2 EmptyWed Feb 20, 2013 4:45 pm

GDPofDRC wrote:
Just going off of what you give. You don't think all facebook fights are shitty, but have only chosen to addressed them as such in the conversation at hand. So how off am I?

Some of those guys like Prado and Stumpf were obviously cheap cheap gambles they could throw in, if they were winners, score, if not, whats a couple of $6Ks to show. But half of that list is amongst the best group of fighters in the world.

Worst part of this and the unmistakable anti MMA direction of Zuffa is, this is not shocking to people any more, it expected and more and more unfortunately accepted. Will always be fans who give a shit but this sports entertainment is not marketed for people who like MMA anymore.

Pretty off, but that's beside the point.

Half that list is among the best fighters in the world? Come on man, where are you getting that. Hieron and Santiago have a combined 1 win in the UFC in like 8 or 9 fights. That's cool that they've fought in a bunch of orgs and we've watched their fights for a long time but neither of those guys has gotten the job done on the biggest stage and that's just a fact. I'm not seeing a bunch of guys on that list that are shocking cuts in any sense
Back to top Go down
Ninja
Administrator
Administrator
Ninja

PostSubject: Re: Jon Fitch released from UFC?   Jon Fitch released from UFC? - Page 2 EmptyWed Feb 20, 2013 4:46 pm

Hell, Grispi in a 145 tournament wouldn't even be bad.

Last edited by Ninja on Wed Feb 20, 2013 4:48 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Jon Fitch released from UFC?   Jon Fitch released from UFC? - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Jon Fitch released from UFC?
Page 2 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next