Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Freakzilla's 7 Questions!

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage

Freakzilla's 7 Questions! Empty
PostSubject: Freakzilla's 7 Questions!   Freakzilla's 7 Questions! EmptyTue Sep 11, 2012 1:10 pm

01. Would an Anderson Silva vs GSP fight be the biggest in MMA history?
02. Would an Anderson Silva vs GSP PPV sell more than UFC 100?
03. If Fedor Emelianenko and Brock Lesnar both dedicated themselves 100% again to fighting who would have a better chance of being a top 5 ranked Heavyweight?
04. Who do you have ranked higher in your P4P list out of Rashad Evans and Gray Maynard?
05. Who wins in the Dominick Cruz vs Renan Barao fight?
06. Who wins in a Eddie Alvarez vs Anthony Pettis fight?
07. Will Michael Chandler ever fight for the UFC Lightweight title?
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

PostSubject: Re: Freakzilla's 7 Questions!   Freakzilla's 7 Questions! EmptyTue Sep 11, 2012 1:24 pm

freakzilla wrote:
03. If Fedor Emelianenko and Brock Lesnar both dedicated themselves 100% again to fighting who would have a better chance of being a top 5 ranked Heavyweight?
04. Who do you have ranked higher in your P4P list out of Rashad Evans and Gray Maynard?
1. How do you define "biggest fight"? Is that in terms of viewers? Impact on the sport? I don't think it qualifies as either personally. I think it is the most overhyped meaningless fight in MMA history. It damn sure has zero chance to even crack the top 100 most entertaining fights in history. So my answer here is no, but I would still like to see you define the question.

2. Maybe, probably. The numbers would be close. The timing of the card is a big part of it as well.

3. Fedor without question. He is by far the more talented fighter. The is a very wide gap between these two men.

4.Rashad Evans. He has been a top contender for longer. He has more quality wins IMO. Even though I like Gray more, I think Rashad is a better fighter. It's also very likely that he will compete in 3 weight classes in the UFC before he retires. He is smaller for his weight class then Maynard is.

5.Renan Barao and McDonald would both beat Cruz IMO. They aren't the future anymore, they are the present.

6.Anthony Pettis, this dude just keeps getting better and better. It's easy to forget how young he is. But Eddie is talented enough that he could win. It would be a great fight.

7.Yes, Chandler will one day be in the UFC. He is only 26 so it's a safe assumption that one day he will be with Zuffa. Bellator can't hold him forever.
Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

Favorite Fighter(s) : Shogun, Fedor, Wand, Saku, Hendo, BJ, Bas, Cain, Mike Vallely

PostSubject: Re: Freakzilla's 7 Questions!   Freakzilla's 7 Questions! EmptyTue Sep 11, 2012 1:27 pm

01. Would an Anderson Silva vs GSP fight be the biggest in MMA history? Yes
02. Would an Anderson Silva vs GSP PPV sell more than UFC 100? No
If Fedor Emelianenko and Brock Lesnar both dedicated themselves 100%
again to fighting who would have a better chance of being a top 5 ranked
Heavyweight? Fedor
04. Who do you have ranked higher in your P4P list out of Rashad Evans and Gray Maynard? Maynard
05. Who wins in the Dominick Cruz vs Renan Barao fight? Barao
06. Who wins in a Eddie Alvarez vs Anthony Pettis fight? Alvarez
07. Will Michael Chandler ever fight for the UFC Lightweight title? No
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/v/skCV2L0c6K0

PostSubject: Re: Freakzilla's 7 Questions!   Freakzilla's 7 Questions! EmptyTue Sep 11, 2012 1:39 pm

OU wrote:

1. How do you define "biggest fight"? Is that in terms of viewers? Impact on the sport? I don't think it qualifies as either personally. I think it is the most overhyped meaningless fight in MMA history. It damn sure has zero chance to even crack the top 100 most entertaining fights in history. So my answer here is no, but I would still like to see you define the question.

In terms of overall star power, talent, hype, viewers and impact.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Freakzilla's 7 Questions!   Freakzilla's 7 Questions! EmptyTue Sep 11, 2012 1:41 pm

01. Yes
02. Yes
03. Fedor Emelianenko
04. Gray Maynard
05. Renan Barao
06. Anthony Pettis
07. No
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

PostSubject: Re: Freakzilla's 7 Questions!   Freakzilla's 7 Questions! EmptyTue Sep 11, 2012 1:49 pm

freakzilla wrote:
OU wrote:

In terms of overall star power, talent, hype, viewers and impact.
I guess if you want to gauge a fight on star power, you will have a hard time finding a bigger fight. Although Hendo vs Fedor featured some pretty big stars. It was on a smaller stage, so that takes away from it.
I guess it would up there as well for overall talent.
In terms of impact this fight has almost no positive impact on MMA IMO. It just puts 2 divisions on hold and takes away the hype of 1 of the biggest stars Zuffa has. This is one of those things where the idea of it is bigger and better then the actual event. I have no doubts that GSP will get hurt badly in this fight. That won't be good for the sport, GSP getting destroyed by Anderson Silva. That does nothing positive.

This is one of those things where people don't know whats good for them. It will be a hard lesson learned for alot of people. I have no interest in seeing this play out.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Freakzilla's 7 Questions!   Freakzilla's 7 Questions! EmptyTue Sep 11, 2012 1:57 pm

I don't think BJ Penn's hype died after GSP destroyed him. Also Anderson will probably win but I don't think it'll be a demolition.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: Freakzilla's 7 Questions!   Freakzilla's 7 Questions! EmptyTue Sep 11, 2012 2:03 pm

freakzilla wrote:
I don't think BJ Penn's hype died after GSP destroyed him. Also Anderson will probably win but I don't think it'll be a demolition.
BJ Penn is much more competitive matchup for GSP then Anderson Silva. I hate Anderson Silva. Seeing him abuse GSP is not something I would enjoy.
Back to top Go down
bobbitt15
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Chael Sonnen, Michael Chandler, Jorge Masvidal, Carlos Condit

PostSubject: Re: Freakzilla's 7 Questions!   Freakzilla's 7 Questions! EmptyTue Sep 11, 2012 2:04 pm

I still don't see how any fan of combat sports can be so against 2 of the top 3 P4P fighters ever meeting at a reasonable catchweight to fight each other. GSP sells a ton now and his fights have been boring as shit. Losing to Anderson isn't going to kill him as a draw
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: Freakzilla's 7 Questions!   Freakzilla's 7 Questions! EmptyTue Sep 11, 2012 2:07 pm

bobbitt15 wrote:
I still don't see how any fan of combat sports can be so against 2 of the top 3 P4P fighters ever meeting at a reasonable catchweight to fight each other. GSP sells a ton now and his fights have been boring as shit. Losing to Anderson isn't going to kill him as a draw
Watching GSP get embarrassed and brutally destroyed won't be good for his image. Especially after coming off a very boring decision win over Condit after a long layoff. Which is exactly how both fight would play out.

Last edited by OU on Tue Sep 11, 2012 2:07 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

Favorite Fighter(s) : Shogun, Fedor, Wand, Saku, Hendo, BJ, Bas, Cain, Mike Vallely

PostSubject: Re: Freakzilla's 7 Questions!   Freakzilla's 7 Questions! EmptyTue Sep 11, 2012 2:07 pm

bobbitt15 wrote:

OU's got a rep to maintain. Taking for granted the gift that would be a potential GSP vs Anderson Silva Superduperfight comes right after backing Nick Diaz and yamikas.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/v/skCV2L0c6K0
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: Freakzilla's 7 Questions!   Freakzilla's 7 Questions! EmptyTue Sep 11, 2012 2:09 pm

GDPofDRC wrote:
bobbitt15 wrote:

OU's got a rep to maintain. Taking for granted the gift that would be a potential GSP vs Anderson Silva Superduperfight comes right after backing Nick Diaz and yamikas.
So funny. Just wait until it's over. We will see what all you smart guys have to say then. It won't be competitive. It won't be pretty.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Freakzilla's 7 Questions!   Freakzilla's 7 Questions! EmptyTue Sep 11, 2012 2:09 pm

GDPofDRC wrote:
bobbitt15 wrote:

lol! at the Yamika shoutout.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Freakzilla's 7 Questions!   Freakzilla's 7 Questions! EmptyTue Sep 11, 2012 2:10 pm

OU wrote:
GDPofDRC wrote:
bobbitt15 wrote:

So funny. Just wait until it's over. We will see what all you smart guys have to say then. It won't be competitive. It won't be pretty.

How are you predicting Anderson to win and in which round?
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: Freakzilla's 7 Questions!   Freakzilla's 7 Questions! EmptyTue Sep 11, 2012 2:14 pm

freakzilla wrote:
OU wrote:
GDPofDRC wrote:
bobbitt15 wrote:

Anderson Silva can win that fight anytime he wants to. If he really wanted to, it would be over in under 2 mins. But he probably spoke to GSP backstage somewhere one time so now they are BFFs and he won't go for the kill "out of respect". It will be over whenever that douchebag wants it to be. If he wants to prove a point he will knock GSP out cold in the 1st round. But that all depends on how Spider feels that day.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Freakzilla's 7 Questions!   Freakzilla's 7 Questions! EmptyTue Sep 11, 2012 2:18 pm

OU wrote:
freakzilla wrote:
OU wrote:
GDPofDRC wrote:
bobbitt15 wrote:

Anderson Silva can win that fight anytime he wants to. If he really wanted to, it would be over in under 2 mins. But he probably spoke to GSP backstage somewhere one time so now they are BFFs and he won't go for the kill "out of respect". It will be over whenever that douchebag wants it to be. If he wants to prove a point he will knock GSP out cold in the 1st round. But that all depends on how Spider feels that day.

I think you are underestimating GSP big time. He's arguable a top 3 fighter all-time. He wont agree to this fight if he doesn't think he could win it.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: Freakzilla's 7 Questions!   Freakzilla's 7 Questions! EmptyTue Sep 11, 2012 2:19 pm

Everyone that even an ounce of sense knows that there is no possible way GSP can finish Anderson Silva. None. But Anderson Silva can finish GSP multiple ways. Even though GSP is the best there has ever been at mixing in wrestling with striking. He can't win in the standup. So he has only 1 way to win the fight. By using his wrestling to win on points. That is it. That is the ONLY way GSP can win this fight. Is to hold Anderson down for 3 out of 5 rounds without getting his shit pushed in. I do not like his chances. Anderson will hit him hard and often and it won't be pretty. It plays out that way 999 out of 1,000.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Freakzilla's 7 Questions!   Freakzilla's 7 Questions! EmptyTue Sep 11, 2012 2:21 pm

OU wrote:
Everyone that even an ounce of sense knows that there is no possible way GSP can finish Anderson Silva. None. But Anderson Silva can finish GSP multiple ways. Even though GSP is the best there has ever been at mixing in wrestling with striking. He can't win in the standup. So he has only 1 way to win the fight. By using his wrestling to win on points. That is it. That is the ONLY way GSP can win this fight. Is to hold Anderson down for 3 out of 5 rounds without getting his shit pushed in. I do not like his chances. Anderson will hit him hard and often and it won't be pretty. It plays out that way 999 out of 1,000.

Yeah but his wrestling is that great! we saw what Sonnen did in his first fight with Anderson and GSP has no problem holding guys down for 5 rounds.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: Freakzilla's 7 Questions!   Freakzilla's 7 Questions! EmptyTue Sep 11, 2012 2:27 pm

freakzilla wrote:
OU wrote:

Yeah but his wrestling is that great! we saw what Sonnen did in his first fight with Anderson and GSP has no problem holding guys down for 5 rounds.
Chael Sonnen with 100x testosterone flowing in his veins is 100x stronger then GSP. Also it's been proven(x-rays) that Anderson was injured in that fight vs Sonnen. How did the rematch play out? That fight is a much better gauge of what would happen. GSP might get lucky enough to hold Anderson down for a round, maybe even a couple. But eventually he will get caught and finished. Chael Sonnen is a much bigger and stronger man then GSP.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: Freakzilla's 7 Questions!   Freakzilla's 7 Questions! EmptyTue Sep 11, 2012 2:30 pm

I'll gladly eat all the crow in the world if I'm wrong. I hope I am wrong. I fucking hate Anderson Silva. But I'm not wrong. I know what will happen if they meet in the cage. It will not be a competitive matchup. No doubt in my mind.
Back to top Go down
Ludo
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
Ludo

Favorite Fighter(s) : The Prodigy, The Great, Viking Dahmer, The Phenom

PostSubject: Re: Freakzilla's 7 Questions!   Freakzilla's 7 Questions! EmptyTue Sep 11, 2012 3:34 pm

No.

It would depend on whether they both kept the winning streak up until then. If GSP loses to Condit coming off this knee injury not a chance.

03. If Fedor Emelianenko and Brock Lesnar both dedicated themselves 100% again to
fighting who would have a better chance of being a top 5 ranked Heavyweight?

Why is this even a question? The Heavyweight division is advancing rapidly at the top. Personally I don't feel either of them has it in them right now to be top 5, but Fedor has the tools between the two of them.

Gotta roll with Maynard here. While Rashad was fighting fat Tito and Davis, Maynard was dominating Florian and scoring possibly the most lopsided round in any championship fight ever against Edgar.

Barao via killshot.

Pettis is just too dynamic. Alvarez doesn't have the all around game to deal with Pettis who seems to be learning to wrestle as well as strike along with his grappling game that doesn't seem to be too bad already.

Some day.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Freakzilla's 7 Questions!   Freakzilla's 7 Questions! EmptyTue Sep 11, 2012 6:58 pm

01. Would an Anderson Silva vs GSP fight be the biggest in MMA history? Yes
02. Would an Anderson Silva vs GSP PPV sell more than UFC 100? Hmm depends on the card
03. If Fedor Emelianenko and Brock Lesnar both dedicated themselves 100% again to fighting who would have a better chance of being a top 5 ranked Heavyweight? Brock because he's got the physique to compete in todays division plus he's not got alot of wear and tear from years of wars like Fedor does.
04. Who do you have ranked higher in your P4P list out ofRashad Evans and Gray Maynard?
05. Who wins in the Dominick Cruz vs Renan Barao fight? Cruz by split decision
06. Who wins in a Eddie Alvarez vs Anthony Pettis fight? Pettis by TKO
07. Will Michael Chandler ever fight for the UFC Lightweight title? No

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Freakzilla's 7 Questions!   Freakzilla's 7 Questions! Empty

Back to top Go down

Freakzilla's 7 Questions!
Page 1 of 1