Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Remember when he thought Ricco deserved another UFC crack?

Go down 
+5
killerofchicken
KingsOwn19
GDPofDRC
OU
bobbitt15
9 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
captain organic
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
captain organic

Remember when he thought Ricco deserved another UFC crack? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Remember when he thought Ricco deserved another UFC crack?   Remember when he thought Ricco deserved another UFC crack? - Page 2 EmptySun Mar 25, 2012 1:49 am

Wolfgangsta wrote:

Once the UFC told him to fuck off, and his story changed from 'Ill be back someday I promise!" to "they never will let me back and I know why:(" he started losing every fight. Coincidence?

Did we have any evidence of the UFC telling him to "fuck off?"

Or did Seth Petruzeli just knock him the fuck out?

Here's the guy that Ricco beat b4 getting TKO'd.

http://www.sherdog.com/fighter/Doug-Williams-17747
Back to top Go down
Ludo
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
Ludo

Favorite Fighter(s) : The Prodigy, The Great, Viking Dahmer, The Phenom

PostSubject: Re: Remember when he thought Ricco deserved another UFC crack?   Remember when he thought Ricco deserved another UFC crack? - Page 2 EmptySun Mar 25, 2012 3:05 am

captain organic wrote:
Here's the guy that Ricco beat b4 getting TKO'd.

http://www.sherdog.com/fighter/Doug-Williams-17747

Here's the guy Oli Thompson beat before making his UFC Debut:

http://www.sherdog.com/fighter/Mark-Potter-69009

Rob Broughten beat Oli Thompson before his UFC Debut

Pat Barry beat this guy right before making his UFC Debut:

http://www.sherdog.com/fighter/Simon-Diouf-36593

I guess what I'm getting at is "here's the guy X(insert name here) beat before getting into the UFC" doesn't really mean a whole lot. Ricco definitely had a case if he would have extended that win streak to 13 and had a win over Petruzelli who had just done a stint in the UFC.
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

Favorite Fighter(s) : Conor McGregor, Machida, Jon Jones, Ronda Rousey

PostSubject: Re: Remember when he thought Ricco deserved another UFC crack?   Remember when he thought Ricco deserved another UFC crack? - Page 2 EmptySun Mar 25, 2012 5:11 am

Yea I'd say we have evidence, it has already been presented in this thread. Consider this a wheres waldo. Go find it.

No I'll cheat and do your research for you, as too used to explaining how 1+2 equals to and Kuwait isn't north of Iraq. I cut some stuff out but ;

Nov 2010
Quote :

“All my past history with Dana and everyone, I just want to totally apologize and hopefully put it behind us and there’s still some great fights that the fans want to see. Hopefully all this can be possible.”

“I want to be able to end my career in the UFC. I think a lot of fans want to see a Ricco Rodriguez/Randy Couture, they want to see possibly Frank Mir, there’s still a lot out there they want to see me in top contendership and see if I’m even capable of doing it,” Rodriguez commented.

“Most of all, the Nogueira fight,” Rodriguez said about fights he’d want in the UFC. “Because of the fact that I did beat Nogueira in Japan and there were no elbows allowed, and I lost that decision. I think a lot of fans want to see how that fight would end up, especially in a cage and with elbows.”

“It kills me every single day when a person comes up to me and asks me when am I going to be back in the UFC?

“This would be the best end of a Rocky story. Going in there and finishing my career at the top and having a second chance. I know if I was given this opportunity, I would be able to come out on top. It’s just getting there and getting the opportunities.”

By late Feb 2011

Quote :
RICCO RODRIGUEZ: There were some talks to possibly get into the UFC, but that opportunity is just not available, and I just don’t ever see myself returning to the UFC. Dana holds a grudge pretty well, and he has his reasons, and I don’t blame him. I understand what I did at that time, and it was a tough pill to swallow and he has every right to be upset with him…The truth of the matter is, is that I single-handedly almost tore down the UFC at one point in my career. A lot of people don’t know this, and you’ll probably be the first one that I’ll ever admit this to.

So there’s a lot of things that people don’t understand. And this is why Dana White will never let me back in the UFC, and I totally understand. I respect that, and it is what it is. The truth of the matter is, is that Lorenzo Fertitta came and did a walk with me right before the fight, and you know how terrifying that was when Lorenzo Fertitta walked with me? A lot of things were going on. Micky Ward came into my locker room with the Mohegan Sun commissioner, and I was like “Oh my God, Micky Ward” — I remembered his battles with Arturo Gatti.

Of course we weren’t making anything close to the money that guys are making today. I’ve never seen the paydays that these guys have seen. Tito Ortiz and Chuck Liddell got to see it, and I was part of that whole crew, but I never made the money they did. And part of that was my own personal fault, which I take full responsibility for. And that’s why I’m at where I’m at. So, I don’t ask anybody to feel sorry for me, and I understand why Dana White is very upset, and people have to understand that I almost single-handedly destroyed the UFC…and this is the story. And hopefully you can share it in the most polite way possible.

He beats Mcsweeny a few days later, then suddenly stops fighting for a while, fights again all the way in July, then his losing streak began. The UFC told him to fuck off and he said fuck it.
Back to top Go down
http://www.listentothis.org/images/fedoriishi.gif
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

Favorite Fighter(s) : Conor McGregor, Machida, Jon Jones, Ronda Rousey

PostSubject: Re: Remember when he thought Ricco deserved another UFC crack?   Remember when he thought Ricco deserved another UFC crack? - Page 2 EmptySun Mar 25, 2012 5:12 am

That is bullshit btw on the UFC's part.
Back to top Go down
http://www.listentothis.org/images/fedoriishi.gif
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Remember when he thought Ricco deserved another UFC crack?   Remember when he thought Ricco deserved another UFC crack? - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Remember when he thought Ricco deserved another UFC crack?
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2