Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Who do you think are the top gate keepers in each division?

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Primetyme199
Brown Belt
Brown Belt
Primetyme199

Who do you think are the top gate keepers in each division? Empty
PostSubject: Who do you think are the top gate keepers in each division?   Who do you think are the top gate keepers in each division? EmptySun Nov 06, 2011 12:48 pm

HW -

LHW -

MW -

WW -

LW -

FW -

BW -
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Who do you think are the top gate keepers in each division?   Who do you think are the top gate keepers in each division? EmptySun Nov 06, 2011 2:52 pm

HW - Chieck Kongo
Back to top Go down
Ludo
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
Ludo

Favorite Fighter(s) : The Prodigy, The Great, Viking Dahmer, The Phenom

PostSubject: Re: Who do you think are the top gate keepers in each division?   Who do you think are the top gate keepers in each division? EmptySun Nov 06, 2011 7:04 pm

HW - Roy Nelson, Chieck Kongo, Fedor Emelienenko

LHW - Forrest Griffin, Rampage Jackson

MW - Yushin Okami, Demian Maia, Brian Stann

WW - Diego Sanchez, Martin Kampmann

LW - Kenny Florian, Melvin Guillard, Shinya Aoki

FW - Mike Brown, Manny Gamburyan

BW - Joseph Benavidez, Eddie Wineland
Back to top Go down
Andrew the Raider King
Red Belt
Red Belt
Andrew the Raider King

Favorite Fighter(s) : Chael, Sexyama, Condit, Hendricks, Cowboy, Struve

PostSubject: Re: Who do you think are the top gate keepers in each division?   Who do you think are the top gate keepers in each division? EmptyMon Nov 07, 2011 12:32 pm

HW- Kongo
LHW - Forrest
MW - Leben
WW - Sanchez
LW - Kenflo
FW - Manny G.
BW - Wineland

That was easy!
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

PostSubject: Re: Who do you think are the top gate keepers in each division?   Who do you think are the top gate keepers in each division? EmptyMon Nov 07, 2011 12:42 pm

HW- Frank Mir. Will never be Champion again but he is a good gauge on whether someone is ready for the next level of competition.

LHW- Forrest Griffin. I'm not ready to rule out Rashad, Rampage, Shogun, Machida or Hendo as never having a chance to hold the title again. But if you beat Forrest, you are ready for the elite's of the division.

MW- Bisping. Not quite ready to give up on Okami just yet, but I wouldn't argue with him as your pick here. But again if you beat Bisping, you are ready for the elites of the division.

WW- tough call here, not sure there is a true gate keeper at WW in the UFC right now. I guess I'll say Kampmann. He is a pretty good guy to gauge whether you are ready for one of the top WW.

LW- Kenny seems like the right call here. A win over Kenny puts you into the mix of top LWs.
Back to top Go down
acccardinal12
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Cung Le, BJ Penn, Mayhem, Chael Sonnen, Anthony Pettis

PostSubject: Re: Who do you think are the top gate keepers in each division?   Who do you think are the top gate keepers in each division? EmptyMon Nov 07, 2011 12:59 pm

I see these guys as a person you need to beat to get recognized as a top guy in the divisions. You beat one these guys and you get a number 1 contender fight, or a title shot in their respective weight class. I am not talking gatekeeper to the top ten. I am talking gatekeeper to the title.

HW - Frank Mir, Roy Nelson, Kongo

LHW - Thiago Silva, Forrest Griffin, Rich Franklin

MW - Okami, Vitor, Stann

WW - BJ Penn, Stun Gun, Matt Hughes

LW - Melvin, Siver, Kenny

FW - Hominick , Assuncao, Brookins

BW - Faber, Bowles, Torres

UFC ONLY, I am basing this on who has lost and is good enough to be the guy to beat and earn a title shot or #1 contender fight. Like, if you beat Vitor you may just earn a title shot OR #1 contender fight, you know. You can also have a guy that guards the top ten who might just be Luis Cane for the LHW division.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Who do you think are the top gate keepers in each division?   Who do you think are the top gate keepers in each division? Empty

Back to top Go down

Who do you think are the top gate keepers in each division?
Page 1 of 1