Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

grease gate, take 2(GSP again)

Go down 
+8
Ludo
timthebim
Cu Bu
SOKO
GDPofDRC
killerofchicken
Wolfgangsta
OU
12 posters
AuthorMessage
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

grease gate, take 2(GSP again) Empty
PostSubject: grease gate, take 2(GSP again)   grease gate, take 2(GSP again) EmptyMon May 02, 2011 3:36 pm

http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2011/5/2/2149742/jake-had-a-leg-a-couple-of-times-gsp-got-out-very-well-it-looked-like
"Jake had a leg a couple of times, GSP got out very well, it looked like a couple of times his leg just kind of slipped right out of there, you know, so it must have been really slippery or something, I don’t know." - Cesar Gracie on the Brian Hemminger Radio Show (transcribed by Fight Opinion) ...here we go again.
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

Favorite Fighter(s) : Conor McGregor, Machida, Jon Jones, Ronda Rousey

PostSubject: Re: grease gate, take 2(GSP again)   grease gate, take 2(GSP again) EmptyMon May 02, 2011 3:39 pm

GSP is just a greasy dude
Back to top Go down
http://www.listentothis.org/images/fedoriishi.gif
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

Favorite Fighter(s) : Shogun, Fedor, Wand, Saku, Hendo, BJ, Bas, Cain, Mike Vallely

PostSubject: Re: grease gate, take 2(GSP again)   grease gate, take 2(GSP again) EmptyMon May 02, 2011 3:39 pm

Sounds more like Caesar Squirting Tears 3 than grease-gate 2.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/v/skCV2L0c6K0
killerofchicken
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
killerofchicken

Favorite Fighter(s) : Mauricio Shogun Rua, BJ Penn, AXE MURDERER,Fedor, CroCop, Vitor Belfort, JDS

if it was anyone other than Cesar i would take a listen, but this clown? really?!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: grease gate, take 2(GSP again)   grease gate, take 2(GSP again) EmptyMon May 02, 2011 3:43 pm

palm
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

PostSubject: Re: grease gate, take 2(GSP again)   grease gate, take 2(GSP again) EmptyMon May 02, 2011 3:44 pm

I thought he slipped out pretty easy. But what do you expect when you are covered in sweat? I've lost a couple single legs cause of sweat.
Back to top Go down
SOKO
Black Belt
Black Belt
SOKO

Favorite Fighter(s) : The Dragon, Kenflo, Hendo, Guida, Ace, Wand, Cain, Carwin, Foreman, Evander, Oscar

PostSubject: Re: grease gate, take 2(GSP again)   grease gate, take 2(GSP again) EmptyMon May 02, 2011 4:20 pm

just like randy made the comment that lytoto was real slippery in the opening round as well. Im not going to assume anything with out proof but it isnt a hard to take a oil bath the night before.
Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

Favorite Fighter(s) : Shogun, Fedor, Wand, Saku, Hendo, BJ, Bas, Cain, Mike Vallely

PostSubject: Re: grease gate, take 2(GSP again)   grease gate, take 2(GSP again) EmptyMon May 02, 2011 4:26 pm

sokolkevin wrote:
just like randy made the comment that lytoto was real slippery in the opening round as well. Im not going to assume anything with out proof but it isnt a hard to take a oil bath the night before.

There has to be something you can eat. Somedays I just feel like my pores are oily and I wonder, did I eat some greasy food, it is hangover sweat/oil?
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/v/skCV2L0c6K0
Cu Bu
Black Belt
Black Belt
Cu Bu

Favorite Fighter(s) : AXE MURDERER

PostSubject: Re: grease gate, take 2(GSP again)   grease gate, take 2(GSP again) EmptyMon May 02, 2011 4:34 pm

why not bath in baby oil? i would assume you would be sweating that stuff out for a day or so
Back to top Go down
timthebim
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
timthebim

Favorite Fighter(s) : BJ PENN, JOSH KOSCHECK, SPIDER

PostSubject: Re: grease gate, take 2(GSP again)   grease gate, take 2(GSP again) EmptyMon May 02, 2011 4:52 pm

I hate GSP and thought he was greased against BJ but I wont pile on this time because Jake never really even tried takedowns(at least as much as I thought he would). GSP was probably sweaty but with his track record u almost cant put it past him.
Back to top Go down
Ludo
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
Ludo

Favorite Fighter(s) : The Prodigy, The Great, Viking Dahmer, The Phenom

PostSubject: Re: grease gate, take 2(GSP again)   grease gate, take 2(GSP again) EmptyMon May 02, 2011 6:01 pm

I wouldn't say GSP greased in this fight. That single leg Jake had early ended because GSP got his hands in there and took one hand away from the leg before he was able to pop it out. After that Jake seemed to abandon the takedown and tried to just clinch against the cage until he got spun around.
Back to top Go down
KingsOwn19
Administrator
Administrator
KingsOwn19

Favorite Fighter(s) : Lyoto Machida, BJ Penn, Anderson Silva,Dan Henderson, Emelianenko Fedor, Josh Barnett

PostSubject: Re: grease gate, take 2(GSP again)   grease gate, take 2(GSP again) EmptyMon May 02, 2011 8:05 pm

for those who participated in the chat, remember i said "GSP slippery as usual"...but he was CAUGHT greasing against BJ Penn and nothing was done about it which was fuckin unbelievable. So i doubt Cesar Gracie saying something was fishy after the fact won't even make a commission or UFC think.
Back to top Go down
LA
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
LA

Favorite Fighter(s) : Lyoto Machida, BJ Penn, Anderson Silva, Jose Aldo

PostSubject: Re: grease gate, take 2(GSP again)   grease gate, take 2(GSP again) EmptyMon May 02, 2011 8:11 pm

Cesar wasn't even there first off, but none of Jakes takedown attempts were deep enough or solid enough to get GSP down. GSP's wrestling is just on another level, so good he can use it as a crutch when he needs to.

"just like randy made the comment that lytoto was real slippery in the opening round as well. Im not going to assume anything with out proof but it isnt a hard to take a oil bath the night before."

Responding to this post, Randy was refering to Machida's elusiveness...his style, not literally slipperiness.
Back to top Go down
bobbitt15
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Chael Sonnen, Michael Chandler, Jorge Masvidal, Carlos Condit

PostSubject: Re: grease gate, take 2(GSP again)   grease gate, take 2(GSP again) EmptyMon May 02, 2011 10:11 pm

I instantly thought this at that one point in the fight when Jake had his leg and had both arms around it and GSP just slid it right out. That slick bastard
Back to top Go down
timthebim
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
timthebim

Favorite Fighter(s) : BJ PENN, JOSH KOSCHECK, SPIDER

PostSubject: Re: grease gate, take 2(GSP again)   grease gate, take 2(GSP again) EmptyMon May 02, 2011 10:32 pm

I hope he didnt do it again!
Back to top Go down
jimbojones1950
Green Belt
Green Belt

PostSubject: Re: grease gate, take 2(GSP again)   grease gate, take 2(GSP again) EmptyTue May 03, 2011 8:57 am

This is getting old and ridiculous. Watch Jake's single leg attempts. GSP limp legs out of them (a pretty hard technique to learn) because Jake was giving GSP too much space between the leg and his chest. There was also an attempt where GSP got hand control and stepped down off Jakes single. I think Cesar should have Jake work more with Sonnen or somebody and improve his single leg technique instead of complaining when GSP's defensive wrestling is just flat out better then Jakes offensive wrestling. Jake is strong and determined, but he is not half the wrestler GSP is and really had no legit shot of taking him down. For those who would reference the Henderson fight, there were several reasons Jake was able to take Hendo down, but it was not because his wrestling technique was that good. Honestly, the way Jake fought on Saturday, he wouldn't do any better against Koscheck or Fitch. It would look the same way. Kos and Fitch winning the stand up and Jake not being able to get the fight to the ground. Diaz vs. GSP would be good, but I suspect it would be GSP on top of Diaz for 5 rounds, landing punches and elbows that cut Diaz, but not hurt him.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: grease gate, take 2(GSP again)   grease gate, take 2(GSP again) Empty

Back to top Go down

grease gate, take 2(GSP again)
Page 1 of 1