Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

It's Official: Tito Ortiz vs Rashad Evans at UFC 133

Go down 
+10
MMAEYES
Birdofthad
Wolfgangsta
KingsOwn19
Ludo
Farmer1906
bobbitt15
throwdownfight1
cascade_run
killerofchicken
14 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

Favorite Fighter(s) : Conor McGregor, Machida, Jon Jones, Ronda Rousey

It's Official: Tito Ortiz vs Rashad Evans at UFC 133 - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: It's Official: Tito Ortiz vs Rashad Evans at UFC 133   It's Official: Tito Ortiz vs Rashad Evans at UFC 133 - Page 4 EmptyTue Jul 19, 2011 9:33 pm

Machida does not get PPV points, and that is what he wanted here. Tito Ortiz does not get PPV points. Of the three, only Anderson Silva gets points.
Back to top Go down
http://www.listentothis.org/images/fedoriishi.gif
LA
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
LA

Favorite Fighter(s) : Lyoto Machida, BJ Penn, Anderson Silva, Jose Aldo

PostSubject: Re: It's Official: Tito Ortiz vs Rashad Evans at UFC 133   It's Official: Tito Ortiz vs Rashad Evans at UFC 133 - Page 4 EmptyTue Jul 19, 2011 9:45 pm

Wolfgangsta wrote:
Machida does not get PPV points, and that is what he wanted here. Tito Ortiz does not get PPV points. Of the three, only Anderson Silva gets points.

Said Tito doesn't, lost em with his last contract.

And you assume that's what he wanted, but even if he did, at the 350-450K PPV buy rate we've been seeing lately, he'd get an extra 175K at 50 cents a buy, still trailing Tito's base pay without a KO bonus which don't grow on trees.
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

PostSubject: Re: It's Official: Tito Ortiz vs Rashad Evans at UFC 133   It's Official: Tito Ortiz vs Rashad Evans at UFC 133 - Page 4 EmptyTue Jul 19, 2011 9:55 pm

Guys usually get like 2-3 dollars a buy as far as I hear, I am sure that is what silva is getting.
Back to top Go down
LA
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
LA

PostSubject: Re: It's Official: Tito Ortiz vs Rashad Evans at UFC 133   It's Official: Tito Ortiz vs Rashad Evans at UFC 133 - Page 4 EmptyTue Jul 19, 2011 9:59 pm

The only time I've seen any numbers with that is recently with Diaz who is getting 2 per buy I believe, and he pulled some shit to get that deal. I still doubt Machida was asking for some huge shares.
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

PostSubject: Re: It's Official: Tito Ortiz vs Rashad Evans at UFC 133   It's Official: Tito Ortiz vs Rashad Evans at UFC 133 - Page 4 EmptyTue Jul 19, 2011 10:02 pm

Well, he was specifically asking for Anderson Silva money, which likely means Anderson Silva shares, and I am sure Silva gets 3 a buy. He was likely asking for that.
Back to top Go down
LA
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
LA

PostSubject: Re: It's Official: Tito Ortiz vs Rashad Evans at UFC 133   It's Official: Tito Ortiz vs Rashad Evans at UFC 133 - Page 4 EmptyTue Jul 19, 2011 10:04 pm

Says Dana....who multiple posters shit on with regularity in terms of the truth that comes out of his mouth.
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

PostSubject: Re: It's Official: Tito Ortiz vs Rashad Evans at UFC 133   It's Official: Tito Ortiz vs Rashad Evans at UFC 133 - Page 4 EmptyTue Jul 19, 2011 11:00 pm

I am sure this is what happened. No reason to think otherwise.
Back to top Go down
Ludo
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
Ludo

Favorite Fighter(s) : The Prodigy, The Great, Viking Dahmer, The Phenom

PostSubject: Re: It's Official: Tito Ortiz vs Rashad Evans at UFC 133   It's Official: Tito Ortiz vs Rashad Evans at UFC 133 - Page 4 EmptyWed Jul 20, 2011 1:57 am

I don't know why Machida wouldn't get shares. Dude held the belt and has been a top 5 Light Heavyweight for some time now. He's been in main events and co main events since 2009.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: It's Official: Tito Ortiz vs Rashad Evans at UFC 133   It's Official: Tito Ortiz vs Rashad Evans at UFC 133 - Page 4 EmptyWed Jul 20, 2011 2:23 am

He probably signed his contract before he won the belt or he just isn't a a big draw. Anyway he said he wants Anderson money and Anderson, GSP and Brock get paid much more than anyone else.
Back to top Go down
LA
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
LA

PostSubject: Re: It's Official: Tito Ortiz vs Rashad Evans at UFC 133   It's Official: Tito Ortiz vs Rashad Evans at UFC 133 - Page 4 EmptyWed Jul 20, 2011 3:01 am

Ludo wrote:
I don't know why Machida wouldn't get shares. Dude held the belt and has been a top 5 Light Heavyweight for some time now. He's been in main events and co main events since 2009.

The last two sentences is why I question Dana's BS in this case, what the dude who has the best KO of the year (My opinion) and is saving your event can't ask for a pay raise in this case?

In terms of shares, not a lot of info comes around about that stuff, always wondered who gets what.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: It's Official: Tito Ortiz vs Rashad Evans at UFC 133   It's Official: Tito Ortiz vs Rashad Evans at UFC 133 - Page 4 EmptyWed Jul 20, 2011 3:04 am

LA wrote:
Ludo wrote:

The last two sentences is why I question Dana's BS in this case, what the dude who has the best KO of the year (My opinion) and is saving your event can't ask for a pay raise in this case?

In terms of shares, not a lot of info comes around about that stuff, always wondered who gets what.

http://www.mma-manifesto.com/ufc-fighter-salary-database/salary-main/gsp-the-three-million-dollar-man.html

Fans of mixed martial arts are a caring bunch. Why else would they worry so much about how much money fighters make, even though most of them make more money than the fans themselves? Our story reporting UFC 129's fighter salaries has caused much debate on the internet and much concern over how underpaid UFC fighters are. A lot of this centers around UFC 129's main event star - and arguably the sport's biggest star - Georges St-Pierre. GSP made his normal base salary of $200,000 plus another $200,000 win bonus at the event, for a total of $400,000 in pay. But, as I always remind readers, that doesn't include any cut of the pay-per-view revenues a fighter might receive, or back room bonuses (for example, the UFC reportedly gave GSP a Hummer and $500,000 after he defeated Matt Hughes at UFC 65) or money earned from sponsors (on the flipside, this also doesn't take into account how much of his purse a fighter has to pay to his manager/agent, trainer/gym/training partners, etc.). So how much did GSP really make at UFC 129?

We have no idea how much of his purse St-Pierre has to pay out to his people, so we will only try to figure out his gross income. We know that he made $400,000 in base salary plus win bonus for the event. And big-name fighters appearing in the main event of a UFC PPV can reportedly make in the six-figure range from sponsors. That would bring GSP's gross for UFC 129 into the half a million-plus dollar range. Now, to determine his cut of the PPV revenues. The UFC and its fighters have been very secretive in regards to PPV pay, and rightfully so - you wouldn't want to whole world to know how much you make (or pay your employees) if you didn't have to. However, there was a breach in this wall of silence in 2007 when Randy Couture and the UFC were embroiled in a contract dispute. At that time, after The Natural was hammering the company in the media about their cheapskate ways, the UFC released how much Couture made for his UFC 68 appearance versus Tim Sylvia. At that time, at least in the case of Couture, this is what the UFC paid its big-name fighters for PPV buys:

Less than 100,000 buys: No money
100,000-175,000 buys: $1.00/buy
175,000-300,000 buys: $1.50/buy
300,000-330,000 buys: $2.00/buy
Over 330,000 buys: $3.00/buy

You would have to assume that a fighter of GSP's caliber would be getting a cut of the PPV revenue. So, based on the scale above (which I realize is a flawed approach since it was from four years ago), how much did St-Pierre get in PPV revenue from last Saturday night? Reportedly the PPVsold in the 800,000-900,000 range, so we'll base our pay estimates on a buyrate of 850,000. GSP would get paid $75,000 for 100,000-175,000 buys; another $187,500 for 175,000-300,000 buys; an additional $60,000 for 300,000-330,000 buys; and, finally, $1,560,000 for 330,000-850,000 buys. His estimated grand total of the PPV revenue?$1,882,500. But, as we said before, this is based on a four year old contract that Randy Couture had, but it's the best data we currently have. You'd hope that fighters get a bigger piece of the pie now, considering the explosion of mixed martial arts over the past four years.

Based on these estimates, it appears that Georges St-Pierre made close to $2.5 million from UFC 129. Still feel sorry for him?
Back to top Go down
LA
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
LA

PostSubject: Re: It's Official: Tito Ortiz vs Rashad Evans at UFC 133   It's Official: Tito Ortiz vs Rashad Evans at UFC 133 - Page 4 EmptyWed Jul 20, 2011 3:08 am

Oddly quick reply, I can only skim that now, but that's fucking GSP, still really liked the info, interesting stuff, shares based on buys, I like that.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: It's Official: Tito Ortiz vs Rashad Evans at UFC 133   It's Official: Tito Ortiz vs Rashad Evans at UFC 133 - Page 4 EmptyWed Jul 20, 2011 3:16 am

Yeah I think Anderson, GSP and Brock are on that scale.
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

PostSubject: Re: It's Official: Tito Ortiz vs Rashad Evans at UFC 133   It's Official: Tito Ortiz vs Rashad Evans at UFC 133 - Page 4 EmptyWed Jul 20, 2011 9:15 am

Anderson may not be the "name" GSP or Brock is, but he is utterly dominant and Dana has been on his nuts steady apart from the fallout from the bizarro world fights like UFC 112. Plus his buys have been on the rise as of late. No way someone of his skills wouldn't be getting points along those lines. 3 dollars a buy at what would likely be a 500k fight with Machida vs Rashad is 1.5 million. At 400k 1.2 and if Machida vs Evans II bombed and did awful at 300k it is still 900k. Given these facts, Tito at 450 with no win bonus or points is a bargain. This makes sense for the UFC to pick Tito, who fought Rashad close four years ago and also just crushed a top ten ranked fighter, as opposed to giving Machida a taste of serious cash. If Machida crushed Evans and became the default number 1 contender, he'd likely demand points from then on out.
Back to top Go down
killerofchicken
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
killerofchicken

Favorite Fighter(s) : Mauricio Shogun Rua, BJ Penn, AXE MURDERER,Fedor, CroCop, Vitor Belfort, JDS

PostSubject: Re: It's Official: Tito Ortiz vs Rashad Evans at UFC 133   It's Official: Tito Ortiz vs Rashad Evans at UFC 133 - Page 4 EmptyWed Jul 20, 2011 9:23 am

LA wrote:
killerofchicken wrote:
LA wrote:
killerofchicken wrote:
yeah cuz base pay is a good indicator of what these dudes earn... machida took the fight and THEN asked for more money. if he asked for the money in the first place it wouldn't make him look as bad

Um...it is........and as mentioned in my post it could only have come down otherwise to PPV shares, do you really think that's what it was about? They then got Tito to fill in who makes a 450K base, seems odd.

dude, the fact that tito makes more than Machida has NOTHING to do with Machida accepting a fight and then asking for more cash! it was a bitch move at the end

The complaint was about Machida wanting more money to take a risky fight on very short notice, then they go around and give the fight to a guy who makes over twice what he does, so was it about money? Or just some BS from Dana? I mean was the contract signed? there was never even an official report on the fight, just rumors. In the end he was bailing them out, no prob with him wanting more money, you don't think Tito is getting something out of this? It may not be money, but he's getting something.

I love how in other cases some can never trust what Dana says but his word is truth in this case. You literally know no more details then what you've read, chill.

were all victims of this, yourself included...

it was stated that Machida accepted the fight, then pulled out, IMO its a bitch move... but that's his deal and he had the right to do it, doesn't make him a lesser fighter.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

PostSubject: Re: It's Official: Tito Ortiz vs Rashad Evans at UFC 133   It's Official: Tito Ortiz vs Rashad Evans at UFC 133 - Page 4 EmptyWed Jul 20, 2011 9:24 am

I'm pretty damn positive Wolf is right about the Anderson and PPV%. It wasn't that long ago I posted something that had the breakdown of how many dollars per buy the main event fighters were getting. The scale went up depending on buys. I think when I posted it, it was related to a Faber-Cruz thread but I can't remember. But from what I remember he is pretty close with the $3 average for Spider on his per buy rate.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

PostSubject: Re: It's Official: Tito Ortiz vs Rashad Evans at UFC 133   It's Official: Tito Ortiz vs Rashad Evans at UFC 133 - Page 4 EmptyWed Jul 20, 2011 9:27 am

Actually here it is, found it. It's not law so take it for what it is.
http://www.mma-manifesto.com/ufc-fighter-salary-database/salary-main/gsp-the-three-million-dollar-man.html
However, there was a breach in this wall of silence in 2007 when Randy
Couture and the UFC were embroiled in a contract dispute. At that time,
after The Natural was hammering the company in the media about their
cheapskate ways, the UFC released how much Couture made for his UFC 68 appearance versus Tim Sylvia. At that time, at least in the case of Couture, this is what the UFC paid its big-name fighters for PPV buys:

Back to top Go down
LA
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
LA

PostSubject: Re: It's Official: Tito Ortiz vs Rashad Evans at UFC 133   It's Official: Tito Ortiz vs Rashad Evans at UFC 133 - Page 4 EmptyWed Jul 20, 2011 9:32 pm

Wolfgangsta wrote:
Anderson may not be the "name" GSP or Brock is, but he is utterly dominant and Dana has been on his nuts steady apart from the fallout from the bizarro world fights like UFC 112. Plus his buys have been on the rise as of late. No way someone of his skills wouldn't be getting points along those lines. 3 dollars a buy at what would likely be a 500k fight with Machida vs Rashad is 1.5 million. At 400k 1.2 and if Machida vs Evans II bombed and did awful at 300k it is still 900k. Given these facts, Tito at 450 with no win bonus or points is a bargain. This makes sense for the UFC to pick Tito, who fought Rashad close four years ago and also just crushed a top ten ranked fighter, as opposed to giving Machida a taste of serious cash. If Machida crushed Evans and became the default number 1 contender, he'd likely demand points from then on out.

It's a pretty damn huge assumption to think Machida went from making 200K base to asking for what could endup being an extra 1.5 mill with PPV shares, we really think that's the case? I mean really? Tito is getting something out of this too, lets not kid ourselves, it may not be money or money we'll know about, but he's getting something for taking the fight like this.

killerofchicken wrote:
LA wrote:
killerofchicken wrote:
LA wrote:
killerofchicken wrote:
yeah cuz base pay is a good indicator of what these dudes earn... machida took the fight and THEN asked for more money. if he asked for the money in the first place it wouldn't make him look as bad

Um...it is........and as mentioned in my post it could only have come down otherwise to PPV shares, do you really think that's what it was about? They then got Tito to fill in who makes a 450K base, seems odd.

dude, the fact that tito makes more than Machida has NOTHING to do with Machida accepting a fight and then asking for more cash! it was a bitch move at the end

The complaint was about Machida wanting more money to take a risky fight on very short notice, then they go around and give the fight to a guy who makes over twice what he does, so was it about money? Or just some BS from Dana? I mean was the contract signed? there was never even an official report on the fight, just rumors. In the end he was bailing them out, no prob with him wanting more money, you don't think Tito is getting something out of this? It may not be money, but he's getting something.

I love how in other cases some can never trust what Dana says but his word is truth in this case. You literally know no more details then what you've read, chill.

were all victims of this, yourself included...

it was stated that Machida accepted the fight, then pulled out, IMO its a bitch move... but that's his deal and he had the right to do it, doesn't make him a lesser fighter.

Not sure when?

Last edited by LA on Thu Jul 21, 2011 1:38 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
LA
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
LA

PostSubject: Re: It's Official: Tito Ortiz vs Rashad Evans at UFC 133   It's Official: Tito Ortiz vs Rashad Evans at UFC 133 - Page 4 EmptyWed Jul 20, 2011 9:34 pm

OU wrote:
Actually here it is, found it. It's not law so take it for what it is.
However, there was a breach in this wall of silence in 2007 when Randy
Couture and the UFC were embroiled in a contract dispute. At that time,
after The Natural was hammering the company in the media about their
cheapskate ways, the UFC released how much Couture made for his UFC 68 appearance versus Tim Sylvia. At that time, at least in the case of Couture, this is what the UFC paid its big-name fighters for PPV buys:

This was already mentioned and is GSfuckingP and the Natural.
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

PostSubject: Re: It's Official: Tito Ortiz vs Rashad Evans at UFC 133   It's Official: Tito Ortiz vs Rashad Evans at UFC 133 - Page 4 EmptyThu Jul 21, 2011 11:06 pm

It's not a huge assumption considering Dana said specifically that is what he asked for if we take "Anderson Silva Money" to mean "Anderson Silva Money" when they have the same base pay, and considering the UFC passed on the fight. It's the only logical explanation.
Back to top Go down
LA
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
LA

PostSubject: Re: It's Official: Tito Ortiz vs Rashad Evans at UFC 133   It's Official: Tito Ortiz vs Rashad Evans at UFC 133 - Page 4 EmptyFri Jul 22, 2011 2:03 am

So we're all believing Dana now going from always rolling your eyes at what Dana says, interesting....
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: It's Official: Tito Ortiz vs Rashad Evans at UFC 133   It's Official: Tito Ortiz vs Rashad Evans at UFC 133 - Page 4 EmptyFri Jul 22, 2011 8:48 am

LA wrote:
So we're all believing Dana now going from always rolling your eyes at what Dana says, interesting....
He is a conniving fucking liar, that much is obvious. But I'm sure he spilts a pellet of truth on some rare occasions.
Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

Favorite Fighter(s) : Shogun, Fedor, Wand, Saku, Hendo, BJ, Bas, Cain, Mike Vallely

PostSubject: Re: It's Official: Tito Ortiz vs Rashad Evans at UFC 133   It's Official: Tito Ortiz vs Rashad Evans at UFC 133 - Page 4 EmptyFri Jul 22, 2011 12:05 pm

Dana isn't smooth or cool enough to get by anyone who is half way decent at seeing through BS.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/v/skCV2L0c6K0
killerofchicken
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
killerofchicken

Favorite Fighter(s) : Mauricio Shogun Rua, BJ Penn, AXE MURDERER,Fedor, CroCop, Vitor Belfort, JDS

PostSubject: Re: It's Official: Tito Ortiz vs Rashad Evans at UFC 133   It's Official: Tito Ortiz vs Rashad Evans at UFC 133 - Page 4 EmptyFri Jul 22, 2011 12:08 pm

LA wrote:
so what's your take on Machida backing out? we haven't heard anything from his side so YES ill stick to Danas story this time.
Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

Favorite Fighter(s) : Shogun, Fedor, Wand, Saku, Hendo, BJ, Bas, Cain, Mike Vallely

PostSubject: Re: It's Official: Tito Ortiz vs Rashad Evans at UFC 133   It's Official: Tito Ortiz vs Rashad Evans at UFC 133 - Page 4 EmptyFri Jul 22, 2011 12:19 pm

I thought Machida's stance was clear, 'I'll scratch your back it you scratch mine' as in 'I''l take a tough fight on very short notice if you compensate me more appropriate for agreeing to such a bold decision which will help you out'
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/v/skCV2L0c6K0
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: It's Official: Tito Ortiz vs Rashad Evans at UFC 133   It's Official: Tito Ortiz vs Rashad Evans at UFC 133 - Page 4 Empty

Back to top Go down

It's Official: Tito Ortiz vs Rashad Evans at UFC 133
Page 4 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next