Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

It's Official: Tito Ortiz vs Rashad Evans at UFC 133

Go down 
+10
MMAEYES
Birdofthad
Wolfgangsta
KingsOwn19
Ludo
Farmer1906
bobbitt15
throwdownfight1
cascade_run
killerofchicken
14 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage

It's Official: Tito Ortiz vs Rashad Evans at UFC 133 Empty
PostSubject: It's Official: Tito Ortiz vs Rashad Evans at UFC 133   It's Official: Tito Ortiz vs Rashad Evans at UFC 133 EmptyWed Jul 13, 2011 8:20 pm

http://www.mmafighting.com/2011/07/13/tito-ortiz-will-fight-rashad-evans-at-ufc-133-after-all-accordi/

It was the fight that Tito Ortiz simply couldn't be talked into...until he was. Less than 24 hours after explaining via Twitter that he had turned down the fight because he had "a life and things to take care of," Ortiz was in against Rashad Evans at UFC 133 according to a tweet from UFC president Dana White.

"Get ready philly for Rashad Evans vs Tito Ortiz!!! Aug 6th LIVE on PPV at the Wells Fargo Center!!!!!!" White wrote at around 7:30 pm ET.

Ortiz's Twitter response was a more muted one some fifteen minutes before, as he wrote simply, "Only for the UFC!"

The move ended a furious day's worth of speculation about who would fill in for the injured Phil Davis on short notice, with both Ortiz and former UFC light heavyweight champ Lyoto Machida reportedly turning down the fight.

Ortiz seemed especially immovable in his initial response, explaining via Twitter:

"I have a life and things to take care of. The fight game is about making the right choices of my career. If you knew what I have been going through you all would understand. Peaking for a fight is what makes a fighter unstoppable! Timing is everything in life. This is a rebuild year for me not do or die. The time will come again! #positive"

Ortiz and Evans first met in the cage at UFC 73 in July of 2007, where they fought to a somewhat controversial draw after Ortiz was docked a point for grabbing the fence to avoid a takedown.

Ortiz would go on to lose three straight before salvaging his UFC career with an upset victory over Ryan Bader at UFC 132 earlier this month. Accepting the fight with Evans means he'll have just five weeks between bouts, and a little over three weeks to prepare, leaving him little time for the "peaking" phase that seemed so vital to him less than a day ago.

As for Evans, the move saves him from having to wait even longer for a fight after sitting out since May of 2010 waiting for his promised title shot, only to have then-teammate Jon Jones take his place after a knee injury sidelined him in the spring.

UFC 133 is slated for the Wells Fargo Center in Philadelphia, Penn. on August 6.
Back to top Go down
killerofchicken
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
killerofchicken

Favorite Fighter(s) : Mauricio Shogun Rua, BJ Penn, AXE MURDERER,Fedor, CroCop, Vitor Belfort, JDS

PostSubject: Re: It's Official: Tito Ortiz vs Rashad Evans at UFC 133   It's Official: Tito Ortiz vs Rashad Evans at UFC 133 EmptyWed Jul 13, 2011 8:42 pm

Props to Tito for stepping up, I really hope he wins but don't see it happening. Turns out Machida wanted Anderson money and Dana had no part of it so machida declined lol
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: It's Official: Tito Ortiz vs Rashad Evans at UFC 133   It's Official: Tito Ortiz vs Rashad Evans at UFC 133 EmptyWed Jul 13, 2011 8:44 pm

Should be a good fight. I don't care who wins though. Respect to Tito for stepping up.
Back to top Go down
killerofchicken
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
killerofchicken

Favorite Fighter(s) : Mauricio Shogun Rua, BJ Penn, AXE MURDERER,Fedor, CroCop, Vitor Belfort, JDS

PostSubject: Re: It's Official: Tito Ortiz vs Rashad Evans at UFC 133   It's Official: Tito Ortiz vs Rashad Evans at UFC 133 EmptyWed Jul 13, 2011 8:50 pm

I want Tito to win it for the old timers who have been forced to call it quits
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: It's Official: Tito Ortiz vs Rashad Evans at UFC 133   It's Official: Tito Ortiz vs Rashad Evans at UFC 133 EmptyWed Jul 13, 2011 8:54 pm

I want Rashad to just win because I want him to shut Jones the fuck up.
Back to top Go down
cascade_run
Purple Belt
Purple Belt
cascade_run

PostSubject: Re: It's Official: Tito Ortiz vs Rashad Evans at UFC 133   It's Official: Tito Ortiz vs Rashad Evans at UFC 133 EmptyWed Jul 13, 2011 9:00 pm

oh man if Tito wins this he is right back in the picture, Rashad loses there is no telling how far he goes down, got to be a huge letdown for Rashad, I was thinking at work today, they could've moved the Evans fight to the September Card with Rampagea V Jones, and have the two winners face ach other, but I guess not

Last edited by cascade_run on Wed Jul 13, 2011 9:03 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
killerofchicken
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
killerofchicken

PostSubject: Re: It's Official: Tito Ortiz vs Rashad Evans at UFC 133   It's Official: Tito Ortiz vs Rashad Evans at UFC 133 EmptyWed Jul 13, 2011 9:01 pm

Evans opens up as a -500 favorite, with the cage rust and considering hes coming back from injury I'd put down a $100 on Tito
Back to top Go down
killerofchicken
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
killerofchicken

PostSubject: Re: It's Official: Tito Ortiz vs Rashad Evans at UFC 133   It's Official: Tito Ortiz vs Rashad Evans at UFC 133 EmptyWed Jul 13, 2011 9:03 pm

cascade_run wrote:
oh man if Tito wins this he is right back in the picture, Rashad loses there is no telling how far he goes, probably fighting Bader, got to be a huge letdown for Rashad, I was thinking at work today, they could've moved the Evans fight to the September Card with Rampagea V Jones, and have the two winners face ach other, but I guess not
Shad can't offord to wait any longer considering the time he's already missed
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: It's Official: Tito Ortiz vs Rashad Evans at UFC 133   It's Official: Tito Ortiz vs Rashad Evans at UFC 133 EmptyWed Jul 13, 2011 9:04 pm

No one knows if Jones-Rampage happens anyway. Either could get injured by then.
Back to top Go down
throwdownfight1
Blue Belt
Blue Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Matt Hughes,Tito Ortiz,Frank Mir

PostSubject: Re: It's Official: Tito Ortiz vs Rashad Evans at UFC 133   It's Official: Tito Ortiz vs Rashad Evans at UFC 133 EmptyWed Jul 13, 2011 9:12 pm

i see this match competative for 2 rounds.rashad will take over in the third and get the ud
Back to top Go down
cascade_run
Purple Belt
Purple Belt
cascade_run

PostSubject: Re: It's Official: Tito Ortiz vs Rashad Evans at UFC 133   It's Official: Tito Ortiz vs Rashad Evans at UFC 133 EmptyWed Jul 13, 2011 9:24 pm

freakzilla wrote:
No one knows if Jones-Rampage happens anyway. Either could get injured by then.

Solid point
Back to top Go down
bobbitt15
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Chael Sonnen, Michael Chandler, Jorge Masvidal, Carlos Condit

PostSubject: Re: It's Official: Tito Ortiz vs Rashad Evans at UFC 133   It's Official: Tito Ortiz vs Rashad Evans at UFC 133 EmptyWed Jul 13, 2011 9:41 pm

Tito! Tito! Tito! Tito!
Back to top Go down
Farmer1906
Gold Belt
Gold Belt
Farmer1906

Favorite Fighter(s) : Griffin, Franklin, Hendo, Sonnen, Wand, Lawler, Belfort, Pettis, Aldo, Mousasi

PostSubject: Re: It's Official: Tito Ortiz vs Rashad Evans at UFC 133   It's Official: Tito Ortiz vs Rashad Evans at UFC 133 EmptyWed Jul 13, 2011 9:48 pm

Tito will do nothing

ud shad
Back to top Go down
bobbitt15
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Chael Sonnen, Michael Chandler, Jorge Masvidal, Carlos Condit

PostSubject: Re: It's Official: Tito Ortiz vs Rashad Evans at UFC 133   It's Official: Tito Ortiz vs Rashad Evans at UFC 133 EmptyWed Jul 13, 2011 9:49 pm

457 day layoff for Rashad who has had pretty sketchy cardio to begin with
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: It's Official: Tito Ortiz vs Rashad Evans at UFC 133   It's Official: Tito Ortiz vs Rashad Evans at UFC 133 EmptyWed Jul 13, 2011 9:52 pm

On Thursday 14th July 2011, @titoortiz said:

I'm an average man with a monster heart. UFC asked me for my help and I'm here for them. Just want to show my true character by stepping up. Lets go!
Back to top Go down
Ludo
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
Ludo

Favorite Fighter(s) : The Prodigy, The Great, Viking Dahmer, The Phenom

PostSubject: Re: It's Official: Tito Ortiz vs Rashad Evans at UFC 133   It's Official: Tito Ortiz vs Rashad Evans at UFC 133 EmptyWed Jul 13, 2011 10:59 pm

Rashad takes over nothing in the third round. Tito will make him work all fight long, come the third round Rashad will be sucking wind hoping he doesn't get finished.
Back to top Go down
killerofchicken
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
killerofchicken

PostSubject: Re: It's Official: Tito Ortiz vs Rashad Evans at UFC 133   It's Official: Tito Ortiz vs Rashad Evans at UFC 133 EmptyWed Jul 13, 2011 11:54 pm

Rashad does tend to gas in fights, especially if he gets wobbled
Back to top Go down
KingsOwn19
Administrator
Administrator
KingsOwn19

Favorite Fighter(s) : Lyoto Machida, BJ Penn, Anderson Silva,Dan Henderson, Emelianenko Fedor, Josh Barnett

PostSubject: Re: It's Official: Tito Ortiz vs Rashad Evans at UFC 133   It's Official: Tito Ortiz vs Rashad Evans at UFC 133 EmptyThu Jul 14, 2011 1:27 am

I don't know who to root for...

Red pill: Rashad Evans title eliminator with a shot to potentially get back at the guy who forced him out of his camp. I side with Evans there and want him to get a shot at payback.

Blue pill: Tito is coming off his first win since forever and was pretty much publically forced into this fight by Dana White with Dana announcing TIto turned down the fight without anybody even asking or suggesting Ortiz...and he's old school. Hard to root against the guy.

I guess i'll just watch. Evans is going to win though.
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

Favorite Fighter(s) : Conor McGregor, Machida, Jon Jones, Ronda Rousey

PostSubject: Re: It's Official: Tito Ortiz vs Rashad Evans at UFC 133   It's Official: Tito Ortiz vs Rashad Evans at UFC 133 EmptyThu Jul 14, 2011 1:41 am

How often does White out guy on not taking fights? He is letting the world know both Penn and Condit have ducked fights or rematches with Jon Fitch? Good point kings.
Back to top Go down
http://www.listentothis.org/images/fedoriishi.gif

PostSubject: Re: It's Official: Tito Ortiz vs Rashad Evans at UFC 133   It's Official: Tito Ortiz vs Rashad Evans at UFC 133 EmptyThu Jul 14, 2011 1:48 am

KingsOwn19 wrote:
I don't know who to root for...

Red pill: Rashad Evans title eliminator with a shot to potentially get back at the guy who forced him out of his camp. I side with Evans there and want him to get a shot at payback.

Blue pill: Tito is coming off his first win since forever and was pretty much publically forced into this fight by Dana White with Dana announcing TIto turned down the fight without anybody even asking or suggesting Ortiz...and he's old school. Hard to root against the guy.

I guess i'll just watch. Evans is going to win though.

Lol, exact same dilemma. Right now I'm leaning 51-49 to Rashad.
Back to top Go down
bobbitt15
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

PostSubject: Re: It's Official: Tito Ortiz vs Rashad Evans at UFC 133   It's Official: Tito Ortiz vs Rashad Evans at UFC 133 EmptyThu Jul 14, 2011 1:58 am

Tito! Tito! Tito!
Back to top Go down
Birdofthad
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Ken shamrock, Frank Shamrock, Guy Mezger, Pete Williams, you get it Lions Den

PostSubject: Re: It's Official: Tito Ortiz vs Rashad Evans at UFC 133   It's Official: Tito Ortiz vs Rashad Evans at UFC 133 EmptyThu Jul 14, 2011 2:51 am

fuck Tito it retarded that somehow the asshole that never respected the legends has come to symblize the "oldtimers"

anyone wonder with Davis and his physique backing out all of a sudden after the Marquardt stuff.........hmmm
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: It's Official: Tito Ortiz vs Rashad Evans at UFC 133   It's Official: Tito Ortiz vs Rashad Evans at UFC 133 EmptyThu Jul 14, 2011 4:02 am

Birdofthad wrote:
fuck Tito it retarded that somehow the asshole that never respected the legends has come to symblize the "oldtimers"

anyone wonder with Davis and his physique backing out all of a sudden after the Marquardt stuff.........hmmm

So all the fighters that have recently backed out of fights were for the same reason?
Back to top Go down
Farmer1906
Gold Belt
Gold Belt
Farmer1906

Favorite Fighter(s) : Griffin, Franklin, Hendo, Sonnen, Wand, Lawler, Belfort, Pettis, Aldo, Mousasi

PostSubject: Re: It's Official: Tito Ortiz vs Rashad Evans at UFC 133   It's Official: Tito Ortiz vs Rashad Evans at UFC 133 EmptyThu Jul 14, 2011 7:27 am

freakzilla wrote:
On Thursday 14th July 2011, @titoortiz said:

I'm an average man with a monster heart. UFC asked me for my help and I'm here for them. Just want to show my true character by stepping up. Lets go!

This is the kind of stuff you let other people say about you when do step up and show character. He's so full of himself.
Back to top Go down
killerofchicken
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
killerofchicken

PostSubject: Re: It's Official: Tito Ortiz vs Rashad Evans at UFC 133   It's Official: Tito Ortiz vs Rashad Evans at UFC 133 EmptyThu Jul 14, 2011 8:26 am

Birdofthad wrote:

If you don't think titos a legend in this sport there's something wrong with u
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: It's Official: Tito Ortiz vs Rashad Evans at UFC 133   It's Official: Tito Ortiz vs Rashad Evans at UFC 133 Empty

Back to top Go down

It's Official: Tito Ortiz vs Rashad Evans at UFC 133
Page 1 of 6Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next