Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

It's Official: Tito Ortiz vs Rashad Evans at UFC 133

Go down 
+10
MMAEYES
Birdofthad
Wolfgangsta
KingsOwn19
Ludo
Farmer1906
bobbitt15
throwdownfight1
cascade_run
killerofchicken
14 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
bobbitt15
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Chael Sonnen, Michael Chandler, Jorge Masvidal, Carlos Condit

It's Official: Tito Ortiz vs Rashad Evans at UFC 133 - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: It's Official: Tito Ortiz vs Rashad Evans at UFC 133   It's Official: Tito Ortiz vs Rashad Evans at UFC 133 - Page 5 EmptyFri Jul 22, 2011 12:59 pm

Dana's stance is also clear. Machida agreed to the fight when they first found out Davis might have to pull out and a couple days later when it was confirmed: he came at them with this Anderson Silva money thing. They said no thanks. Pretty cut and dry
Back to top Go down
killerofchicken
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
killerofchicken

Favorite Fighter(s) : Mauricio Shogun Rua, BJ Penn, AXE MURDERER,Fedor, CroCop, Vitor Belfort, JDS

PostSubject: Re: It's Official: Tito Ortiz vs Rashad Evans at UFC 133   It's Official: Tito Ortiz vs Rashad Evans at UFC 133 - Page 5 EmptyFri Jul 22, 2011 1:11 pm

bobbitt15 wrote:
Dana's stance is also clear. Machida agreed to the fight when they first found out Davis might have to pull out and a couple days later when it was confirmed: he came at them with this Anderson Silva money thing. They said no thanks. Pretty cut and dry

thats what it seems like to me as well...
Back to top Go down
bobbitt15
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Chael Sonnen, Michael Chandler, Jorge Masvidal, Carlos Condit

PostSubject: Re: It's Official: Tito Ortiz vs Rashad Evans at UFC 133   It's Official: Tito Ortiz vs Rashad Evans at UFC 133 - Page 5 EmptyFri Jul 22, 2011 1:18 pm

I believe Dana when he says that base pay aside, Anderson Silva is making a shitload of money. They didn't feel Machida was worth that same amount. Insert Tito
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

PostSubject: Re: It's Official: Tito Ortiz vs Rashad Evans at UFC 133   It's Official: Tito Ortiz vs Rashad Evans at UFC 133 - Page 5 EmptyFri Jul 22, 2011 3:21 pm

bobbitt15 wrote:
I believe Dana when he says that base pay aside, Anderson Silva is making a shitload of money. They didn't feel Machida was worth that same amount. Insert Tito
You think it was the money or just the principle? I think if Machida would have asked for more money right away it might have been a different situation. Now I'm not saying he would get Anderson money but if he said, "I'll fight, but you have to make it worth it". It would have been a different situation. But trying to haggle after the fact just doesn't sit the same. Maybe it was a combo of the two. Not worth the money he was asking and pissed about the way he went about it.
Back to top Go down
bobbitt15
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

PostSubject: Re: It's Official: Tito Ortiz vs Rashad Evans at UFC 133   It's Official: Tito Ortiz vs Rashad Evans at UFC 133 - Page 5 EmptyFri Jul 22, 2011 3:28 pm

Certainly a possibility. Dana's whole issue seems to be the "jumping on the fight" but then throwing the money thing in a few days later when Davis was officially out
Back to top Go down
killerofchicken
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
killerofchicken

Favorite Fighter(s) : Mauricio Shogun Rua, BJ Penn, AXE MURDERER,Fedor, CroCop, Vitor Belfort, JDS

PostSubject: Re: It's Official: Tito Ortiz vs Rashad Evans at UFC 133   It's Official: Tito Ortiz vs Rashad Evans at UFC 133 - Page 5 EmptyFri Jul 22, 2011 3:30 pm

OU wrote:
bobbitt15 wrote:
You think it was the money or just the principle? I think if Machida would have asked for more money right away it might have been a different situation. Now I'm not saying he would get Anderson money but if he said, "I'll fight, but you have to make it worth it". It would have been a different situation. But trying to haggle after the fact just doesn't sit the same. Maybe it was a combo of the two. Not worth the money he was asking and pissed about the way he went about it.
i think thats what it was, if he asked for more money at first i'm sure it would be as bad... just my thought tho
Back to top Go down
killerofchicken
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
killerofchicken

PostSubject: Re: It's Official: Tito Ortiz vs Rashad Evans at UFC 133   It's Official: Tito Ortiz vs Rashad Evans at UFC 133 - Page 5 EmptyFri Jul 22, 2011 3:31 pm

it doesn't matter anyway, its done with now
Back to top Go down
killerofchicken
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
killerofchicken

PostSubject: Re: It's Official: Tito Ortiz vs Rashad Evans at UFC 133   It's Official: Tito Ortiz vs Rashad Evans at UFC 133 - Page 5 EmptyFri Jul 22, 2011 3:31 pm

it doesn't make Machida any less of a fighter than he was
Back to top Go down
killerofchicken
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
killerofchicken

PostSubject: Re: It's Official: Tito Ortiz vs Rashad Evans at UFC 133   It's Official: Tito Ortiz vs Rashad Evans at UFC 133 - Page 5 EmptyFri Jul 22, 2011 3:47 pm

Quote :
"It would be amazing to beat Jon Jones for that belt. I know if I get to fight Jon Jones for that belt, I know I'm going to beat Jon Jones. I already know it and Jon knows it. You know, for some reason, he has like a fear and maybe it's because of what he knows I can do. But he tries to pretend like he's cocky and pretend like he's this, that and the other but he knows what time it is. It's no accident that he figured out he didn't have to have thumb surgery after I signed to fight Phil Davis. After we were supposed to fight in September on the Denver card. That's no accident. That's not something that just happens. He knew what he was doing. He know what time it is. There's a reason why he did that whole situation. There's a reason why everytime he sees me, he tries to act all huffy and puffy and he wants to act like he's tough or try to portray like he is. I see right through that kid. He knows I see him. I know all his weaknesses and I know how to capitalize on those weaknesses. I only need to know one thing about that dude -- he will quit. My technique could be total sh*t, trash. But I know one thing -- I can make him quit. And he will quit."
Back to top Go down
bobbitt15
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

PostSubject: Re: It's Official: Tito Ortiz vs Rashad Evans at UFC 133   It's Official: Tito Ortiz vs Rashad Evans at UFC 133 - Page 5 EmptyFri Jul 22, 2011 4:01 pm

My interest in seeing Rashad-Bones is conflicting with my desire to see Tito win this fight
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

PostSubject: Re: It's Official: Tito Ortiz vs Rashad Evans at UFC 133   It's Official: Tito Ortiz vs Rashad Evans at UFC 133 - Page 5 EmptyFri Jul 22, 2011 4:04 pm

bobbitt15 wrote:
My interest in seeing Rashad-Bones is conflicting with my desire to see Tito win this fight
I have to root for a fighter I don't like to beat a fighter I hate.
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

Favorite Fighter(s) : Conor McGregor, Machida, Jon Jones, Ronda Rousey

PostSubject: Re: It's Official: Tito Ortiz vs Rashad Evans at UFC 133   It's Official: Tito Ortiz vs Rashad Evans at UFC 133 - Page 5 EmptyFri Jul 22, 2011 8:49 pm

LA wrote:
So we're all believing Dana now going from always rolling your eyes at what Dana says, interesting....

No. There is no "all in" or "all out". The facts of the situation taken as they are lead one to believe what I said. Get the fucking foil hats off dudes.
Back to top Go down
http://www.listentothis.org/images/fedoriishi.gif
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

Favorite Fighter(s) : Conor McGregor, Machida, Jon Jones, Ronda Rousey

PostSubject: Re: It's Official: Tito Ortiz vs Rashad Evans at UFC 133   It's Official: Tito Ortiz vs Rashad Evans at UFC 133 - Page 5 EmptyFri Jul 22, 2011 8:51 pm

Quote :

Yea this is likely. Dana or any business person wouldn't want to be strong armed. Say the NFLPA says they'll sign the thing, then come back hours later and demand this or that. What would the owners do? They'd sign Tito Ortiz to play all positions for all teams.
Back to top Go down
http://www.listentothis.org/images/fedoriishi.gif
LA
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
LA

Favorite Fighter(s) : Lyoto Machida, BJ Penn, Anderson Silva, Jose Aldo

PostSubject: Re: It's Official: Tito Ortiz vs Rashad Evans at UFC 133   It's Official: Tito Ortiz vs Rashad Evans at UFC 133 - Page 5 EmptySat Jul 23, 2011 3:36 am

Wolfgangsta wrote:
LA wrote:
So we're all believing Dana now going from always rolling your eyes at what Dana says, interesting....

No. There is no "all in" or "all out". The facts of the situation taken as they are lead one to believe what I said. Get the fucking foil hats off dudes.

I'm no Oggy bro, and I just highly doubt Machida asked for what could be a 1.5 million dollar pay raise, not completely buying Dana on this one, think Machida asked for more money and rightfully so in light of the situation, but an amount more realistic.
Back to top Go down
josh200612
Silver Belt
Silver Belt
josh200612

Favorite Fighter(s) : Rashad Evans #1!,Rampage,GSP,Couture,Chael Sonnen,BJ Penn,Robbie Lawler,King MO,Frank Mir

PostSubject: Re: It's Official: Tito Ortiz vs Rashad Evans at UFC 133   It's Official: Tito Ortiz vs Rashad Evans at UFC 133 - Page 5 EmptyTue Jul 26, 2011 11:02 am

[youtube][/youtube]
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: It's Official: Tito Ortiz vs Rashad Evans at UFC 133   It's Official: Tito Ortiz vs Rashad Evans at UFC 133 - Page 5 EmptyFri Jul 29, 2011 4:54 pm

Back to top Go down
cascade_run
Purple Belt
Purple Belt
cascade_run

PostSubject: Re: It's Official: Tito Ortiz vs Rashad Evans at UFC 133   It's Official: Tito Ortiz vs Rashad Evans at UFC 133 - Page 5 EmptySat Jul 30, 2011 5:54 pm

Saw this on youtube

Back to top Go down
josh200612
Silver Belt
Silver Belt
josh200612

Favorite Fighter(s) : Rashad Evans #1!,Rampage,GSP,Couture,Chael Sonnen,BJ Penn,Robbie Lawler,King MO,Frank Mir

PostSubject: Re: It's Official: Tito Ortiz vs Rashad Evans at UFC 133   It's Official: Tito Ortiz vs Rashad Evans at UFC 133 - Page 5 EmptyMon Aug 01, 2011 10:49 am

[youtube][/youtube]

Doing the wrestling thang I dig it lol.
Back to top Go down
cascade_run
Purple Belt
Purple Belt
cascade_run

PostSubject: Re: It's Official: Tito Ortiz vs Rashad Evans at UFC 133   It's Official: Tito Ortiz vs Rashad Evans at UFC 133 - Page 5 EmptyMon Aug 01, 2011 10:49 pm

To me, he looks in better shape then ever, looks like the camp move so far has been a great thing, he looks ready to go out there put it on Tito
Back to top Go down
josh200612
Silver Belt
Silver Belt
josh200612

PostSubject: Re: It's Official: Tito Ortiz vs Rashad Evans at UFC 133   It's Official: Tito Ortiz vs Rashad Evans at UFC 133 - Page 5 EmptyTue Aug 02, 2011 2:25 pm

[youtube][/youtube]
Back to top Go down
killerofchicken
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
killerofchicken

PostSubject: Re: It's Official: Tito Ortiz vs Rashad Evans at UFC 133   It's Official: Tito Ortiz vs Rashad Evans at UFC 133 - Page 5 EmptyTue Aug 02, 2011 5:45 pm

I CANT WAIT FOR THIS! lol!
Back to top Go down
josh200612
Silver Belt
Silver Belt
josh200612

PostSubject: Re: It's Official: Tito Ortiz vs Rashad Evans at UFC 133   It's Official: Tito Ortiz vs Rashad Evans at UFC 133 - Page 5 EmptyTue Aug 02, 2011 6:05 pm

LOL NICE!
Back to top Go down
cascade_run
Purple Belt
Purple Belt
cascade_run

PostSubject: Re: It's Official: Tito Ortiz vs Rashad Evans at UFC 133   It's Official: Tito Ortiz vs Rashad Evans at UFC 133 - Page 5 EmptyTue Aug 02, 2011 10:35 pm

Fuck yeah, movie of the year
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: It's Official: Tito Ortiz vs Rashad Evans at UFC 133   It's Official: Tito Ortiz vs Rashad Evans at UFC 133 - Page 5 EmptyWed Aug 03, 2011 8:54 am

LOL just watched the video. Jackson as Dana was LOL.
Back to top Go down
killerofchicken
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
killerofchicken

PostSubject: Re: It's Official: Tito Ortiz vs Rashad Evans at UFC 133   It's Official: Tito Ortiz vs Rashad Evans at UFC 133 - Page 5 EmptyWed Aug 03, 2011 8:56 am

I know right... genius
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: It's Official: Tito Ortiz vs Rashad Evans at UFC 133   It's Official: Tito Ortiz vs Rashad Evans at UFC 133 - Page 5 Empty

Back to top Go down

It's Official: Tito Ortiz vs Rashad Evans at UFC 133
Page 5 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next