Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Which is the biggest issue facing MMA right now?

Go down 
+5
acccardinal12
GDPofDRC
killerofchicken
MMAEYES
OU
9 posters

MMA officiating/judging
Which is the biggest issue facing MMA right now?  Vote_lcap62%Which is the biggest issue facing MMA right now?  Vote_rcap
 62% [ 8 ]
Performance-enhancing drugs/TRT
Which is the biggest issue facing MMA right now?  Vote_lcap15%Which is the biggest issue facing MMA right now?  Vote_rcap
 15% [ 2 ]
Consolidation of MMA organizations/UFC-Strikeforce merger
Which is the biggest issue facing MMA right now?  Vote_lcap8%Which is the biggest issue facing MMA right now?  Vote_rcap
 8% [ 1 ]
Concussions/traumatic brain injuries
Which is the biggest issue facing MMA right now?  Vote_lcap0%Which is the biggest issue facing MMA right now?  Vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Other
Which is the biggest issue facing MMA right now?  Vote_lcap15%Which is the biggest issue facing MMA right now?  Vote_rcap
 15% [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 13

AuthorMessage
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

Which is the biggest issue facing MMA right now?  Empty
PostSubject: Which is the biggest issue facing MMA right now?    Which is the biggest issue facing MMA right now?  EmptyWed Jul 06, 2011 2:07 pm

I'm taking this poll straight from mmajunkie.com, same question and same answers.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

PostSubject: Re: Which is the biggest issue facing MMA right now?    Which is the biggest issue facing MMA right now?  EmptyWed Jul 06, 2011 2:07 pm

I straight up jacked this poll, not my question, not my answers.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: Which is the biggest issue facing MMA right now?    Which is the biggest issue facing MMA right now?  EmptyWed Jul 06, 2011 2:09 pm

I voted for judging. I think that is the biggest issue in MMA. It's frustrating as a fan and one of the biggest questions I get from my casual fan buddies. Too many fucked up decisions.
Back to top Go down
MMAEYES
Black Belt
Black Belt
MMAEYES

Favorite Fighter(s) : BJ PENN, FEDOR, NICK DIAZ

PostSubject: Re: Which is the biggest issue facing MMA right now?    Which is the biggest issue facing MMA right now?  EmptyWed Jul 06, 2011 2:11 pm

I'm going with PED's
Back to top Go down
killerofchicken
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
killerofchicken

Favorite Fighter(s) : Mauricio Shogun Rua, BJ Penn, AXE MURDERER,Fedor, CroCop, Vitor Belfort, JDS

PostSubject: Re: Which is the biggest issue facing MMA right now?    Which is the biggest issue facing MMA right now?  EmptyWed Jul 06, 2011 2:23 pm

I have to say judging and officiating... its sloppy at times and needs to be cleared up
Back to top Go down
MMAEYES
Black Belt
Black Belt
MMAEYES

Favorite Fighter(s) : BJ PENN, FEDOR, NICK DIAZ

PostSubject: Re: Which is the biggest issue facing MMA right now?    Which is the biggest issue facing MMA right now?  EmptyWed Jul 06, 2011 2:43 pm

Actually I think peds, judging, and brain injury are all pretty equally big issues facing our sport. They are all problems that need attention but no one has the answers for. No matter what cheaters will find a way to cheat, no matter what we'll have fucked up decisions and point deductions, and no matter some of these fighters are gonna get hurt.
Back to top Go down
killerofchicken
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
killerofchicken

Favorite Fighter(s) : Mauricio Shogun Rua, BJ Penn, AXE MURDERER,Fedor, CroCop, Vitor Belfort, JDS

PostSubject: Re: Which is the biggest issue facing MMA right now?    Which is the biggest issue facing MMA right now?  EmptyWed Jul 06, 2011 2:47 pm

Brain injury is a given in a combat sport, the only way to completely get rid of brain injuries is to eliminate combat sports IMO...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Which is the biggest issue facing MMA right now?    Which is the biggest issue facing MMA right now?  EmptyWed Jul 06, 2011 2:48 pm

Steve Mazaggati.
Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

Favorite Fighter(s) : Shogun, Fedor, Wand, Saku, Hendo, BJ, Bas, Cain, Mike Vallely

PostSubject: Re: Which is the biggest issue facing MMA right now?    Which is the biggest issue facing MMA right now?  EmptyWed Jul 06, 2011 2:54 pm

Other
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/v/skCV2L0c6K0
acccardinal12
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Cung Le, BJ Penn, Mayhem, Chael Sonnen, Anthony Pettis

PostSubject: Re: Which is the biggest issue facing MMA right now?    Which is the biggest issue facing MMA right now?  EmptyWed Jul 06, 2011 3:48 pm

killerofchicken wrote:
I have to say judging and officiating... its sloppy at times and needs to be cleared up

This! 2011 has been awful when it comes to Judges. Ref's are right behind them so with both of those as one I had to agree with Killer.
Back to top Go down
Ludo
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
Ludo

Favorite Fighter(s) : The Prodigy, The Great, Viking Dahmer, The Phenom

PostSubject: Re: Which is the biggest issue facing MMA right now?    Which is the biggest issue facing MMA right now?  EmptyWed Jul 06, 2011 6:21 pm

Easily judging/officiating. But it looks like certain things are starting to come around. The Siver decision is a forward step, as is the PSAC reversal of Oliveira's win being ruled a no contest within a couple days.
Back to top Go down
KingsOwn19
Administrator
Administrator
KingsOwn19

Favorite Fighter(s) : Lyoto Machida, BJ Penn, Anderson Silva,Dan Henderson, Emelianenko Fedor, Josh Barnett

PostSubject: Re: Which is the biggest issue facing MMA right now?    Which is the biggest issue facing MMA right now?  EmptyWed Jul 06, 2011 6:33 pm

latinos don't give a fuck

Back to top Go down
KingsOwn19
Administrator
Administrator
KingsOwn19

Favorite Fighter(s) : Lyoto Machida, BJ Penn, Anderson Silva,Dan Henderson, Emelianenko Fedor, Josh Barnett

PostSubject: Re: Which is the biggest issue facing MMA right now?    Which is the biggest issue facing MMA right now?  EmptyWed Jul 06, 2011 6:36 pm

Ali wrote:
Steve Mazaggati.

zuffa
Which is the biggest issue facing MMA right now?  Zombie_resident_evil-1993
Back to top Go down
KingsOwn19
Administrator
Administrator
KingsOwn19

PostSubject: Re: Which is the biggest issue facing MMA right now?    Which is the biggest issue facing MMA right now?  EmptyWed Jul 06, 2011 6:37 pm

the 10 point must system...go away

Effective scoring = a decrease in stalling, point grubbing and bad decisions

Last edited by KingsOwn19 on Wed Jul 06, 2011 6:38 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

Favorite Fighter(s) : Shogun, Fedor, Wand, Saku, Hendo, BJ, Bas, Cain, Mike Vallely

PostSubject: Re: Which is the biggest issue facing MMA right now?    Which is the biggest issue facing MMA right now?  EmptyWed Jul 06, 2011 6:38 pm

Chandella Powell
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/v/skCV2L0c6K0
KingsOwn19
Administrator
Administrator
KingsOwn19

PostSubject: Re: Which is the biggest issue facing MMA right now?    Which is the biggest issue facing MMA right now?  EmptyWed Jul 06, 2011 6:39 pm

Mandela Powell's days are numbered
Back to top Go down
jewzilla
Blue Belt
Blue Belt
jewzilla

Favorite Fighter(s) : GOAT: GSP. Favorite retired: Brock, Chuck. Always supporting: Hendo, Chael, Cerrone, Forrest, Faber.

PostSubject: Re: Which is the biggest issue facing MMA right now?    Which is the biggest issue facing MMA right now?  EmptyWed Jul 06, 2011 7:11 pm

The unrealistic expectations of fans.
Back to top Go down
timthebim
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
timthebim

Favorite Fighter(s) : BJ PENN, JOSH KOSCHECK, SPIDER

PostSubject: Re: Which is the biggest issue facing MMA right now?    Which is the biggest issue facing MMA right now?  EmptyWed Jul 06, 2011 9:31 pm

Im not a fan of the companies combining. It has pros and cons i guess but i like it better with other companies to challenge the UFC not join them.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Which is the biggest issue facing MMA right now?    Which is the biggest issue facing MMA right now?  Empty

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 1