Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

SF Gate vs UFC Gate:

Go down 
5 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Farmer1906
Gold Belt
Gold Belt
Farmer1906

Favorite Fighter(s) : Griffin, Franklin, Hendo, Sonnen, Wand, Lawler, Belfort, Pettis, Aldo, Mousasi

SF Gate vs UFC Gate: - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: SF Gate vs UFC Gate:   SF Gate vs UFC Gate: - Page 2 EmptyWed Jun 22, 2011 7:15 am

Birdofthad wrote:
people spent 500 dollars to get inside the AAC for the victory parade, no bull. You think Mark Cuban helped promote this for one second?

The key to having a succesful fight in Dallas is make the local rich people think its an important event. I.E. Jerry Jones with Pacquiao fights.

Only people I ran into at the fight where old Pride die hards, StrikeForce fans from San Jose (no bull alot of them), and people that worked for Rockstar and got free tickets (shitload)

This fight had no press coverage before the event and the night after, was on the 2nd page, 4 sentences, stuck between 4 other shorts side stories (mostly soccer).

Today DIrk was on 103.5 for a 15 minute interview, Jason Terry was on 1310 the ticket and DeSean Stevenson was on ESPN radio

That was today, trust me the town is still on a Mavericks high

The event was just held in his basketball arena and showed partially on his tv network. Yes, Cuban helped promote.
Back to top Go down

SF Gate vs UFC Gate:
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2