Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Georges St-Pierre

Go down 
+11
boomer sooner
KingsOwn19
Ludo
cascade_run
Farmer1906
bobbitt15
timthebim
Wolfgangsta
killerofchicken
Ninja
GDPofDRC
15 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage

Georges St-Pierre - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Georges St-Pierre   Georges St-Pierre - Page 2 EmptyMon May 02, 2011 7:39 am

freakzilla wrote:
If anything Aldo was the 1 that dropped in the p4p rankings. You can't possibly have him above gsp, Anderson or jones after last night.

Eh no, Aldo still beat Hominick rather easily despite not being 100%.

Aldo's definitely ahead of Bones at the moment, he's got better wins under his belt and his defended his crown multiple times.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Georges St-Pierre   Georges St-Pierre - Page 2 EmptyMon May 02, 2011 9:04 am

Jones beat a top 10 P4P guy. Aldo's best win is MTB who lost to Manny.
Back to top Go down
boomer sooner
Purple Belt
Purple Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Lyoto Machida, since way back

PostSubject: Re: Georges St-Pierre   Georges St-Pierre - Page 2 EmptyMon May 02, 2011 10:02 am

I tend to not care about the title so much. Like when Forrest was champ, I just couldn't put him at #1.

Jose should definitely be higher than Bones, but the fw division is still developing and could look very different shortly.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Georges St-Pierre   Georges St-Pierre - Page 2 EmptyMon May 02, 2011 12:25 pm

freakzilla wrote:
Jones beat a top 10 P4P guy. Aldo's best win is MTB who lost to Manny.

No
Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

Favorite Fighter(s) : Shogun, Fedor, Wand, Saku, Hendo, BJ, Bas, Cain, Mike Vallely

PostSubject: Re: Georges St-Pierre   Georges St-Pierre - Page 2 EmptyThu May 05, 2011 6:04 pm

Leave it to the man to give a insightful perspective.

Bas Rutten's Tweet About GSP's Performance

They asked me if GSP lacked killer instinct. You have to understand, for "outside" people its maybe harder to understand, let me try.

For sure he plays it safe, this happens most of the time when something bad happened the last time he DIDN'T play it safe. For instance, did he had the killer instinct before he fought Matt Serra? Because if got reckless in that fight, it cost him his fight, from that moment on, you kind of make a decision as a fighter, do I wanna fight like that again? The answer will be NO. So then fighters start to fight more conservative. Now, if that particular fighter had a killer instinct before, it will most of the time come back after a couple of wins.

If you look at GSP's record, then you will see that he has 9 victories coming by way of decision. 6 of those were after he lost by KO to Matt Serra, 6 decisions, in 9 fights. One was a TKO over BJ (not a slug fest) and a KO to Serra by way of knee to the body, also, not a slug fest. One was an arm bar that he put on Matt Hughes.

In the 13 fights he had before he fought Matt Serra, he lost only one (Hughes, and he revenged that) so 12 wins. From those 12 wins only 3 went a decision, the rest were KO's and submissions. So the Matt Serra fight definitely had impact on him, then again, his competition started to get better as well.

There are different kind of fighters, take a guy like Chuck Liddell, he can't turn his killer instinct off, he simply can't, if he could at certain moments, I would still put my money on Chuck. But Chuck is not "wired" like that, he loves to go for the KO, and if that means that he can be KO'd in that process, so be it. And even after he lost 5 of his 6 last fights, and 4 of them by KO, Chuck didn't lose a single fan, why? Because people love fighters like him, finishers, guys who "look for the KO".

Other fighters fight more preserved, a counter fighter, they have a few offensive attacks, attacks they will learn before the fight and change each fight, but mostly fight on the mistakes that the opponent makes, capitalize on that mistake, and finish the opponent. GSP is a fighter like that.
If there comes an opportunity, he will take it and win a fight. But when he fights a guy who also fights reserved and is a counter fighter (50% of Shields wins are by decision) then you have a match that we saw last weekend, not an exciting one. If that fight comes after a night of super fights, and that's what happened, then it's even worse for the fans, because the "Bar" was set high! Ad to this, that he was fighting in his home town in front of 55,000 people, that will put a lot of pressure on him, pressure in a way that, whatever it takes, he doesn't want to lose in front of that audience!
Of course he had a problem as well with his eye, but i could see that he was already "off", BEFORE that happened, he was simply not feeling good in his skin, you could tell. Big sluggish right hand, and a back kick that was off, he had an "off night"! It's very easy to understand, only not for the fans, because they have been spoiled lately with great fights.

I KNOW that everybody was screaming at the TV when he kicked Shields in the head, "Follow it up!!!!!!!", that was what happened in our place. But all these factors that I just mentioned were in place, so he didn't follow up.

That's why people are talking about Nick Diaz against GSP, because Nick will bring it, that's for sure, so GSP will have more moments where his opponent makes mistakes, and if he uses those moments, then we could have a great fight. Other people will say that he will fight even more reserved because then he will be worried that when he moves, he's gonna get caught.

Whatever happens, GSP will have even more pressure on him the next time he fights because now people want to see him "stopping his opponent", and that pressure is not gonna work in favor for George.
So, if everybody could chill a little bit, and stay of the message boards with "advice for GSP" coming from fans, who many of them, not even train, I say, give the guy some love, I am sure that will ALWAYS be better, then what happens right now. And don't worry, he knows exactly what happened and went wrong.

Also understand that he fights the very top people in the world!

Godspeed and party on!

Bas

http://www.twitlonger.com/show/a88g81

Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/v/skCV2L0c6K0
jewzilla
Blue Belt
Blue Belt
jewzilla

Favorite Fighter(s) : GOAT: GSP. Favorite retired: Brock, Chuck. Always supporting: Hendo, Chael, Cerrone, Forrest, Faber.

PostSubject: Re: Georges St-Pierre   Georges St-Pierre - Page 2 EmptyThu May 05, 2011 6:27 pm

Bas is the shit. Knows his stuff. Great read and advice. Arm-chair fighters need to shut the fuck up. St. Pierre is a pro, that fights in the UFC, in which he is the champ. He knows whats up. Same goes for any fighter bashing, not just GSP.

Also, if I were a fighter, my cornerman would be the Bas-man.

War Bas.
Back to top Go down
killerofchicken
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
killerofchicken

Favorite Fighter(s) : Mauricio Shogun Rua, BJ Penn, AXE MURDERER,Fedor, CroCop, Vitor Belfort, JDS

PostSubject: Re: Georges St-Pierre   Georges St-Pierre - Page 2 EmptyThu May 05, 2011 6:28 pm

sp we as fans cant criticize fighters because we don't train/fight? whats the point of this board then?
Back to top Go down
jewzilla
Blue Belt
Blue Belt
jewzilla

Favorite Fighter(s) : GOAT: GSP. Favorite retired: Brock, Chuck. Always supporting: Hendo, Chael, Cerrone, Forrest, Faber.

PostSubject: Re: Georges St-Pierre   Georges St-Pierre - Page 2 EmptyThu May 05, 2011 6:32 pm

killerofchicken wrote:
sp we as fans cant criticize fighters because we don't train/fight? whats the point of this board then?

Theres a difference between critcizing a fighter, and and bashing a fighter.
Back to top Go down
killerofchicken
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
killerofchicken

Favorite Fighter(s) : Mauricio Shogun Rua, BJ Penn, AXE MURDERER,Fedor, CroCop, Vitor Belfort, JDS

PostSubject: Re: Georges St-Pierre   Georges St-Pierre - Page 2 EmptyThu May 05, 2011 6:35 pm

jewzilla wrote:
killerofchicken wrote:

my bad, didnt mean to take a shot at ya

but you have to understand that its not just fans of the sport that are saying these things, its his peers as well. it's pretty obvious that he's done taking chances, at least stop yapping about it pre and post fight!

its the same story with him, "i tried to finish him, he's a tough SOB"
Back to top Go down
jewzilla
Blue Belt
Blue Belt
jewzilla

PostSubject: Re: Georges St-Pierre   Georges St-Pierre - Page 2 EmptyThu May 05, 2011 6:42 pm

killerofchicken wrote:
jewzilla wrote:
killerofchicken wrote:

but you have to understand that its not just fans of the sport that are saying these things, its his peers as well. it's pretty obvious that he's done taking chances, at least stop yapping about it pre and post fight!

I know what you mean. And as big of a GSP fan as I am, he definitely needs to stop the pre/post fight talk. He needs to stay quiet if he is going to fight a safe fight, and not go balls out.

This may sound ignorant, but I think he needs to find a new cornerman other than Jackson. I think he should keep going to his camp, but I think Jackson is part of the reason why GSP is hesitant. He needs someone to fire him up. Not to tell him to breath, and relax.
Back to top Go down
killerofchicken
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
killerofchicken

PostSubject: Re: Georges St-Pierre   Georges St-Pierre - Page 2 EmptyThu May 05, 2011 7:10 pm

jewzilla wrote:
killerofchicken wrote:
jewzilla wrote:
killerofchicken wrote:

I know what you mean. And as big of a GSP fan as I am, he definitely needs to stop the pre/post fight talk. He needs to stay quiet if he is going to fight a safe fight, and not go balls out.

This may sound ignorant, but I think he needs to find a new cornerman other than Jackson. I think he should keep going to his camp, but I think Jackson is part of the reason why GSP is hesitant. He needs someone to fire him up. Not to tell him to breath, and relax.
might be a good idea
Back to top Go down
killerofchicken
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
killerofchicken

PostSubject: Re: Georges St-Pierre   Georges St-Pierre - Page 2 EmptyThu May 05, 2011 7:10 pm

it also could be a horrible idea, lol
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

Favorite Fighter(s) : Conor McGregor, Machida, Jon Jones, Ronda Rousey

PostSubject: Re: Georges St-Pierre   Georges St-Pierre - Page 2 EmptyThu May 05, 2011 8:40 pm

GSP vs Penn 1 isn't a major must see. Basically the first round was fairly even in what they landed except GSP showed more damage and had a bloody nose and from then on he threw Penn around, cruising to a decision.
Back to top Go down
http://www.listentothis.org/images/fedoriishi.gif
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

PostSubject: Re: Georges St-Pierre   Georges St-Pierre - Page 2 EmptyThu May 05, 2011 10:50 pm

Wolfgangsta wrote:
GSP vs Penn 1 isn't a major must see. Basically the first round was fairly even in what they landed except GSP showed more damage and had a bloody nose and from then on he threw Penn around, cruising to a decision.

Wow, a crazy breakdown of the fight. I think more then a handful of people scored it for BJ, it was a close fight. You have a firm grasp of GSP's genitals lately.
Back to top Go down
bobbitt15
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Chael Sonnen, Michael Chandler, Jorge Masvidal, Carlos Condit

PostSubject: Re: Georges St-Pierre   Georges St-Pierre - Page 2 EmptyThu May 05, 2011 10:55 pm

That was about as easy a fight to score as I've ever seen. Anyone who had it for BJ should never be allowed to criticize a judge for having an awful score ever
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

PostSubject: Re: Georges St-Pierre   Georges St-Pierre - Page 2 EmptyThu May 05, 2011 10:58 pm

bobbitt15 wrote:
That was about as easy a fight to score as I've ever seen. Anyone who had it for BJ should never be allowed to criticize a judge for having an awful score ever

Am I crazy or was the fight scored as a split dec? I didn't say I personally gave it to Penn. Just that he didn't toss BJ around and cruise for 2 rounds of the fight. All 3 judges gave BJ atleast 1 round.
Back to top Go down
bobbitt15
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Chael Sonnen, Michael Chandler, Jorge Masvidal, Carlos Condit

PostSubject: Re: Georges St-Pierre   Georges St-Pierre - Page 2 EmptyThu May 05, 2011 11:02 pm

I don't know I think Wolf's comments were pretty accurate. First round was close but probably went to BJ based on the visible damage. The next 2 rounds were nothing but GSP takedowns and Penn's cardio going to shit. He got handled
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: Georges St-Pierre   Georges St-Pierre - Page 2 EmptyThu May 05, 2011 11:05 pm

BJ did gas, but that was far from a dominate win. GSP won, but not by much.
Back to top Go down
killerofchicken
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
killerofchicken

PostSubject: Re: Georges St-Pierre   Georges St-Pierre - Page 2 EmptyFri May 06, 2011 9:20 am

OU wrote:
Wolfgangsta wrote:

Wow, a crazy breakdown of the fight. I think more then a handful of people scored it for BJ, it was a close fight. You have a firm grasp of GSP's genitals lately.
seriously, let those testies breath wolf
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: Georges St-Pierre   Georges St-Pierre - Page 2 EmptyFri May 06, 2011 9:24 am

Atleast bobbitt acknowledged BJ gassing. I think most people came away from that fight thinking if BJ didn't gas, he would have won. GSP won the last two rounds but he didn't even come close to dominating.
Back to top Go down
bobbitt15
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

PostSubject: Re: Georges St-Pierre   Georges St-Pierre - Page 2 EmptyFri May 06, 2011 3:00 pm

All I know is I didn't see that fight until after it had already taken place and I remember being baffled at there being any sort of controversy about the decision after I saw it
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

Favorite Fighter(s) : Conor McGregor, Machida, Jon Jones, Ronda Rousey

PostSubject: Re: Georges St-Pierre   Georges St-Pierre - Page 2 EmptyFri May 06, 2011 3:09 pm

same here.

I like BJ Penn. But OU, bro, I gotta ask if you're gonna admin here can you please not try and argue anymore "well if BJ didn't gas he could have won" stuff. Isn't that the story for any and every BJ Penn loss ever?
Back to top Go down
http://www.listentothis.org/images/fedoriishi.gif
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: Georges St-Pierre   Georges St-Pierre - Page 2 EmptyFri May 06, 2011 3:16 pm

Wolfgangsta wrote:
same here.

I like BJ Penn. But OU, bro, I gotta ask if you're gonna admin here can you please not try and argue anymore "well if BJ didn't gas he could have won" stuff. Isn't that the story for any and every BJ Penn loss ever?
LOL you so crazy. BJ could have had 20 min breaks between rounds and GSP
still would have raped him the 2nd time around. Not a "fan" of either
guy. Actually these days I don't like one over the over. I promise, if
you ever see me use that phrase again. I'll delete my account, just for
you bud.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Georges St-Pierre   Georges St-Pierre - Page 2 EmptySat May 14, 2011 12:09 am

@GeorgesStPierre Georges St-Pierre

My eye is back 100%!!! Can't wait to start back training tomorrow!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Georges St-Pierre   Georges St-Pierre - Page 2 EmptySat May 14, 2011 12:56 pm

freakzilla wrote:
@GeorgesStPierre Georges St-Pierre

My eye is back 100%!!! Can't wait to start back training tomorrow!

Back to avoiding Silva.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Georges St-Pierre   Georges St-Pierre - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Georges St-Pierre
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next