Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Georges St-Pierre

Go down 
+11
boomer sooner
KingsOwn19
Ludo
cascade_run
Farmer1906
bobbitt15
timthebim
Wolfgangsta
killerofchicken
Ninja
GDPofDRC
15 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

Favorite Fighter(s) : Shogun, Fedor, Wand, Saku, Hendo, BJ, Bas, Cain, Mike Vallely

Georges St-Pierre Empty
PostSubject: Georges St-Pierre   Georges St-Pierre EmptySun May 01, 2011 1:56 pm

What do you make of him today?

Stock up or stock down as a fighter, draw, p4p'r, ATG?

I think everyone is a little mad at GSP for not destroying Shields. It was basically another fight where GSP just works(not kills) and his opponent just survives.

Two things though I let him off the hook a little for was he got hurt in the 3rd, couldn't see, that might of played a role. Second, he threw shots that would of been fight enders if they hit, about 15 of them, through out the fight. He at least tried to throw that Hendo Smash right hand and put Jake to sleep, he also got the nice head kick, close to the one that helped him finish Hughes. He was going for the kill early it turns out. He was noticeably less effective after the eye thing though.

So what I'm really trying to say is, it sucks the main event wasn't better and someone couldn't finish, but I'm not gonna be to bent up out of shape about it. He was able to beat Jake by allowing him to do almost nothing, he dominated him, I'm not gonna be bent out of shape to much because he only dom'd him without finishing him. Jake is not a chump, you can't get through what he has on his streak if you are, he survived well and deserves more credit for surviving than GSP deserves discredit for not finishing him.

I have GSP without a doubt as #1 in the world. He got by another p4p guy and has not faced a guy in many a years that he could not dominate for the duration of their contest. I think it is his 3rd best win at WW in his career after Penn and Hughes. He's good.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/v/skCV2L0c6K0

Georges St-Pierre Empty
PostSubject: Re: Georges St-Pierre   Georges St-Pierre EmptySun May 01, 2011 2:01 pm

Far too cautious to the #1 guy in the sport for me, lacks any instinct to really push for the finish.
Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

Favorite Fighter(s) : Shogun, Fedor, Wand, Saku, Hendo, BJ, Bas, Cain, Mike Vallely

Georges St-Pierre Empty
PostSubject: Re: Georges St-Pierre   Georges St-Pierre EmptySun May 01, 2011 2:05 pm

How come nobody ever tries to finish GSP in a decision fight?
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/v/skCV2L0c6K0
Ninja
Administrator
Administrator
Ninja

Favorite Fighter(s) : Anyone with the last name Rua or Emelianenko and Uncle Creepy

Georges St-Pierre Empty
PostSubject: Re: Georges St-Pierre   Georges St-Pierre EmptySun May 01, 2011 2:41 pm

I think GSP was just plain flat. I don't know if he was sick or just had a bad night, but I was not impressed by him last night all all. Shields was landing efficiently on GSP more than Penn, Koscheck, Hardy, Alves who are vasly superior strikers?....Something seems really wrong there.... I undestand GSP was blind in one, but it was more so his techinque which was the problem, which at points was just plain terrible. I could tell just two minutes into the fight that GSP's movement was just awkward and werid. Unlike anything I have seen in his previous fights. Ever time he threw that right hand I would cringe at how badly it was thrown and he was throwing very little combinations except once and awhile a double jab, which would land every time. If GSP fought like this all the time I would understand, but I was baffled because just in his last fight he was throwing crisp combinations and straight right hands agaisnt Koscheck....I think GSP really needs to take time off and reevaluate his training.

Last edited by NinjaRua/Fan on Sun May 01, 2011 2:52 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
https://ninjasplace.forumotion.net
Ninja
Administrator
Administrator
Ninja

Favorite Fighter(s) : Anyone with the last name Rua or Emelianenko and Uncle Creepy

Georges St-Pierre Empty
PostSubject: Re: Georges St-Pierre   Georges St-Pierre EmptySun May 01, 2011 2:49 pm

As for his future and his #1 p4p status:

I still consider him the top p4p fighter in the world for two reasons over Anderson:

1. He is in a tougher division and has fought better fighters. Alves, Fitch, Penn, and Sheilds are considered not only the best at WW, but are top p4p themselves. That really says something for GSP's track record.

2. Although GSP does not finish fights he is still dominate. It is hard to look past what Sonnen did to Anderson under years time. Also Anderson not to long ago was not finishing weaker opposition in Cote and Leites who are not even in the UFC anymore.

I think that best course for GSP to take is to fight Diaz at the end of the year and never move up to 185lb. If he can't hurt anyone at WW he sure won't do it at MW. If he does fight Anderson I would like to see it at a catchweight of 178.
Back to top Go down
https://ninjasplace.forumotion.net
killerofchicken
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
killerofchicken

Favorite Fighter(s) : Mauricio Shogun Rua, BJ Penn, AXE MURDERER,Fedor, CroCop, Vitor Belfort, JDS

Georges St-Pierre Empty
PostSubject: Re: Georges St-Pierre   Georges St-Pierre EmptySun May 01, 2011 3:07 pm

im sick of hearing him say hes gonna go for the finish after and before every fight but when it comes down to it its far from that
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

Favorite Fighter(s) : Conor McGregor, Machida, Jon Jones, Ronda Rousey

Georges St-Pierre Empty
PostSubject: Re: Georges St-Pierre   Georges St-Pierre EmptySun May 01, 2011 3:43 pm

GSP's complete lack of a killer instinct is appalling at times. The man is wired in such a way it is inconceivable to picture in one's mind an image of him coming in with power punch combinations. He never throws more than one or two punches before leaping out of the pocket.

GSP if he simply set up that right hand with combinations could have finished the fight. I have no desire to watch him rub his armpits on Nick Diaz. Anderson could beat him, he could beat Anderson, and it's time for one of them to go.
Back to top Go down
http://www.listentothis.org/images/fedoriishi.gif
timthebim
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
timthebim

Favorite Fighter(s) : BJ PENN, JOSH KOSCHECK, SPIDER

Georges St-Pierre Empty
PostSubject: Re: Georges St-Pierre   Georges St-Pierre EmptySun May 01, 2011 3:59 pm

Ninja\Rua/Fan wrote:
I think GSP was just plain flat. I don't know if he was sick or just had a bad night, but I was not impressed by him last night all all. Shields was landing efficiently on GSP more than Penn, Koscheck, Hardy, Alves who are vasly superior strikers?....Something seems really wrong there.... I undestand GSP was blind in one, but it was more so his techinque which was the problem, which at points was just plain terrible. I could tell just two minutes into the fight that GSP's movement was just awkward and werid. Unlike anything I have seen in his previous fights. Ever time he threw that right hand I would cringe at how badly it was thrown and he was throwing very little combinations except once and awhile a double jab, which would land every time. If GSP fought like this all the time I would understand, but I was baffled because just in his last fight he was throwing crisp combinations and straight right hands agaisnt Koscheck....I think GSP really needs to take time off and reevaluate his training.

I got a feeling he flat out underestimated Shields standup which was good last night. If Shields had any pop at all he could have really hurt GSP last night.
Back to top Go down

Georges St-Pierre Empty
PostSubject: Re: Georges St-Pierre   Georges St-Pierre EmptySun May 01, 2011 5:26 pm

If anything Aldo was the 1 that dropped in the p4p rankings. You can't possibly have him above gsp, Anderson or jones after last night.
Back to top Go down
bobbitt15
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Chael Sonnen, Michael Chandler, Jorge Masvidal, Carlos Condit

Georges St-Pierre Empty
PostSubject: Re: Georges St-Pierre   Georges St-Pierre EmptySun May 01, 2011 8:14 pm

Why? He beat Hominick's ass and didn't even look like himself.
Back to top Go down
Farmer1906
Gold Belt
Gold Belt
Farmer1906

Favorite Fighter(s) : Griffin, Franklin, Hendo, Sonnen, Wand, Lawler, Belfort, Pettis, Aldo, Mousasi

Georges St-Pierre Empty
PostSubject: Re: Georges St-Pierre   Georges St-Pierre EmptySun May 01, 2011 8:17 pm

freakzilla wrote:
If anything Aldo was the 1 that dropped in the p4p rankings. You can't possibly have him above gsp, Anderson or jones after last night.

I still have in above Jones.

Aldo just out struck the best boxer in the division after a bad weight cut after putting on more mass. Plus he showed plus takedowns that we didn't know he had in his arsenal.

Aldo is a bad bad dude and did nothing to hurt his ranking IMO. He's probably 2 fights from cleaning his division out unless someone else emerges. By this time next year it'll be time to fight for the 135 or 155 title.
Back to top Go down

Georges St-Pierre Empty
PostSubject: Re: Georges St-Pierre   Georges St-Pierre EmptySun May 01, 2011 8:22 pm

Hominick is not a world class fighter and Aldo arguably lost 2 rounds last night. GSP, Anderson and Jones are all ahead. Aldo is 4th at best.
Back to top Go down
Farmer1906
Gold Belt
Gold Belt
Farmer1906

Favorite Fighter(s) : Griffin, Franklin, Hendo, Sonnen, Wand, Lawler, Belfort, Pettis, Aldo, Mousasi

Georges St-Pierre Empty
PostSubject: Re: Georges St-Pierre   Georges St-Pierre EmptySun May 01, 2011 8:25 pm

freakzilla wrote:
Hominick is not a world class fighter and Aldo arguably lost 2 rounds last night. GSP, Anderson and Jones are all ahead. Aldo is 4th at best.

Hominick is pretty damn good, but youre right now world class. The 145 division isn't that great, but he's taken out most of them.

Aldo lost one round IMO. I'm not even sure what other one was close. I've watched it twice too.
Back to top Go down
Farmer1906
Gold Belt
Gold Belt
Farmer1906

Georges St-Pierre Empty
PostSubject: Re: Georges St-Pierre   Georges St-Pierre EmptySun May 01, 2011 8:26 pm

Back to top Go down
bobbitt15
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Chael Sonnen, Michael Chandler, Jorge Masvidal, Carlos Condit

Georges St-Pierre Empty
PostSubject: Re: Georges St-Pierre   Georges St-Pierre EmptySun May 01, 2011 8:27 pm

Aldo won the first 4 rounds easy. The only thing that last round did was fatten his wallet 129k
Back to top Go down

Georges St-Pierre Empty
PostSubject: Re: Georges St-Pierre   Georges St-Pierre EmptySun May 01, 2011 8:31 pm

2nd round was close. The judges had it 49-46, 48-46 and 48-45.
Back to top Go down
bobbitt15
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

Georges St-Pierre Empty
PostSubject: Re: Georges St-Pierre   Georges St-Pierre EmptySun May 01, 2011 9:01 pm

And then in the 5th Aldo buckled him yet again with an uppercut and jumped down for a guillotine and Hominick popped out and spent the rest of the round on top. Sorry, I just can't penalize a guy for actually being exciting and making things happen even when he's up 4-0 in a title fight. That's what makes him great, along with his unreal talent
Back to top Go down

Georges St-Pierre Empty
PostSubject: Re: Georges St-Pierre   Georges St-Pierre EmptySun May 01, 2011 9:36 pm

Getting punched non stop for 3 minutes doesn't make you great. He looked gassed for the last 3 minutes and his excuses were crap.
Back to top Go down
bobbitt15
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

Georges St-Pierre Empty
PostSubject: Re: Georges St-Pierre   Georges St-Pierre EmptySun May 01, 2011 10:01 pm

You're right, having the best leg kicks in MMA, disgusting power, and top shelf grappling makes you great. That's why he is
Back to top Go down
killerofchicken
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
killerofchicken

Favorite Fighter(s) : Mauricio Shogun Rua, BJ Penn, AXE MURDERER,Fedor, CroCop, Vitor Belfort, JDS

Georges St-Pierre Empty
PostSubject: Re: Georges St-Pierre   Georges St-Pierre EmptySun May 01, 2011 10:49 pm

freakzilla wrote:
fuck that, if GSP made a half ass effort to end a fight i'd consider him the P4P king, until then he's 3rd
Back to top Go down
killerofchicken
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
killerofchicken

Georges St-Pierre Empty
PostSubject: Re: Georges St-Pierre   Georges St-Pierre EmptySun May 01, 2011 10:51 pm

freakzilla wrote:
Hominick proved you wrong in that fight... obviously

gsp keeps doing the same dance over and over and over and... well you get the point
Back to top Go down
cascade_run
Purple Belt
Purple Belt
cascade_run

Georges St-Pierre Empty
PostSubject: Re: Georges St-Pierre   Georges St-Pierre EmptySun May 01, 2011 11:35 pm

Here is what I saw, Shields got a hold of him and GSP shook him off every time, he handled Shields until the eye thing, and it was like he was a different fighter, he was worried about his eye which is understandable, he knows what happened to Belcher and he still had three rounds to go and could only see out of one eye, the fight didn't turn until then and then the punches Shields threw found a home more regularly, that is the first fight that I know of that George saw his own blood and that does funny things to you, I thought he fought through it and he didn't finish again but he never really tried, in a fight against Anderson, if Shields busted him up, I can only see that being even worse. I know it was after the fight and he was worried about a lot more, but he does not want that fight in my opinion.
Back to top Go down
Ludo
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
Ludo

Favorite Fighter(s) : The Prodigy, The Great, Viking Dahmer, The Phenom

Georges St-Pierre Empty
PostSubject: Re: Georges St-Pierre   Georges St-Pierre EmptySun May 01, 2011 11:52 pm

cascade_run wrote:
Here is what I saw, Shields got a hold of him and GSP shook him off every time, he handled Shields until the eye thing, and it was like he was a different fighter, he was worried about his eye which is understandable, he knows what happened to Belcher and he still had three rounds to go and could only see out of one eye, the fight didn't turn until then and then the punches Shields threw found a home more regularly, that is the first fight that I know of that George saw his own blood and that does funny things to you, I thought he fought through it and he didn't finish again but he never really tried, in a fight against Anderson, if Shields busted him up, I can only see that being even worse. I know it was after the fight and he was worried about a lot more, but he does not want that fight in my opinion.

You didn't see GSP/Penn 1 then.
Back to top Go down
cascade_run
Purple Belt
Purple Belt
cascade_run

Georges St-Pierre Empty
PostSubject: Re: Georges St-Pierre   Georges St-Pierre EmptyMon May 02, 2011 12:18 am

Ludo wrote:
cascade_run wrote:

You didn't see GSP/Penn 1 then.

I have not seen that one, speaking of Penn, want to to find Penn V Machida
Back to top Go down
KingsOwn19
Administrator
Administrator
KingsOwn19

Favorite Fighter(s) : Lyoto Machida, BJ Penn, Anderson Silva,Dan Henderson, Emelianenko Fedor, Josh Barnett

Georges St-Pierre Empty
PostSubject: Re: Georges St-Pierre   Georges St-Pierre EmptyMon May 02, 2011 12:23 am

You should probably watch GSP-Penn I first but here you go

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Georges St-Pierre Empty
PostSubject: Re: Georges St-Pierre   Georges St-Pierre Empty

Back to top Go down

Georges St-Pierre
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next