Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Walker-"Fighting again is not my goal"

Go down 
+5
Wolfgangsta
killerofchicken
Andrew the Raider King
bobbitt15
MMAEYES
9 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
MMAEYES
Black Belt
Black Belt
MMAEYES

Favorite Fighter(s) : BJ PENN, FEDOR, NICK DIAZ

Walker-"Fighting again is not my goal" Empty
PostSubject: Walker-"Fighting again is not my goal"   Walker-"Fighting again is not my goal" EmptyMon Jan 31, 2011 11:30 am

http://www.mmamania.com/2011/1/30/1964845/herschel-walkers-goal-is-not-to-fight-again-just-to-help-grow-the

"There's no doubt, if I come back I'm going to fight someone a little bit tougher. But my biggest goal right now is just to get in the gym and work. I just want to train and bring some recognition to this sport. Maybe make a little bit more money for these guys. This is a great, great sport. This sport deserves to be, I think, on wall street. It deserves that for people to recognize these athletes for what they're doing in the cage and in the Octagon and they're not getting it. So I'd love to try to bring a little bit more, speak out a little bit more on it and maybe I can help it out a little bit more, even though I'm getting old, maybe I can help it to grow some. If I'm going to fight again, I won't (wait) so long because I am getting old, but at the same time, fighting again is not my goal."

Back to top Go down
bobbitt15
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Chael Sonnen, Michael Chandler, Jorge Masvidal, Carlos Condit

PostSubject: Re: Walker-"Fighting again is not my goal"   Walker-"Fighting again is not my goal" EmptyMon Jan 31, 2011 11:31 am

Yep, better back out before they give you someone that has a pulse
Back to top Go down
MMAEYES
Black Belt
Black Belt
MMAEYES

PostSubject: Re: Walker-"Fighting again is not my goal"   Walker-"Fighting again is not my goal" EmptyMon Jan 31, 2011 11:36 am

What a bunch of BS. He should have said at the beginning of his "mma career" he was only going to fight as long as they but some scrub that has no chance against him. He just lost all the respect I gained for him by stepping into the cage by now saying it isn't his goal to fight now that he would have to face someone that COULD actually hurt him.
Back to top Go down
bobbitt15
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Chael Sonnen, Michael Chandler, Jorge Masvidal, Carlos Condit

PostSubject: Re: Walker-"Fighting again is not my goal"   Walker-"Fighting again is not my goal" EmptyMon Jan 31, 2011 11:41 am

Part of me doesn't blame him but the other part wonders why he cared about getting the "thrill of competition" if he was just going to fight two total fucking scrubs and then back out
Back to top Go down
MMAEYES
Black Belt
Black Belt
MMAEYES

PostSubject: Re: Walker-"Fighting again is not my goal"   Walker-"Fighting again is not my goal" EmptyMon Jan 31, 2011 11:56 am

bobbitt15 wrote:
Part of me doesn't blame him but the other part wonders why he cared about getting the "thrill of competition" if he was just going to fight two total fucking scrubs and then back out

That's what pisses me off, if you just wanted to beat up someone to make yourself feel young again, then say that. Don't talk about wanting to compete and act like your the shit when you beat some nobody that otherwise would never have been on a SF card.
Back to top Go down
Andrew the Raider King
Red Belt
Red Belt
Andrew the Raider King

Favorite Fighter(s) : Chael, Sexyama, Condit, Hendricks, Cowboy, Struve

PostSubject: Re: Walker-"Fighting again is not my goal"   Walker-"Fighting again is not my goal" EmptyMon Jan 31, 2011 12:05 pm

He is more interested in starting a MMA Union than actually fighting. Union bosses make pretty good scratch, so maybe he is broke?
Back to top Go down
bobbitt15
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

PostSubject: Re: Walker-"Fighting again is not my goal"   Walker-"Fighting again is not my goal" EmptyMon Jan 31, 2011 12:07 pm

He owns his own company. I don't think he's hurting for cash
Back to top Go down
killerofchicken
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
killerofchicken

Favorite Fighter(s) : Mauricio Shogun Rua, BJ Penn, AXE MURDERER,Fedor, CroCop, Vitor Belfort, JDS

PostSubject: Re: Walker-"Fighting again is not my goal"   Walker-"Fighting again is not my goal" EmptyMon Jan 31, 2011 12:09 pm

at least he's trying to and succeeding in bringing the spotlight to MMA, tx to him strikeforce has been all over espn and the local sports shows around here... yeah he fought shity competition but what did you guys really expect from a 49 year old? regardless what he said he'd do
Back to top Go down
MMAEYES
Black Belt
Black Belt
MMAEYES

PostSubject: Re: Walker-"Fighting again is not my goal"   Walker-"Fighting again is not my goal" EmptyMon Jan 31, 2011 12:31 pm

I think it would have been better for the sport if this freakshow never happened
Back to top Go down
killerofchicken
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
killerofchicken

Favorite Fighter(s) : Mauricio Shogun Rua, BJ Penn, AXE MURDERER,Fedor, CroCop, Vitor Belfort, JDS

PostSubject: Re: Walker-"Fighting again is not my goal"   Walker-"Fighting again is not my goal" EmptyMon Jan 31, 2011 12:39 pm

MMAEYES wrote:
I think it would have been better for the sport if this freakshow never happened
thats a question we'll never know the answer to, but you can't deny the publicity he's brought forth
Back to top Go down
MMAEYES
Black Belt
Black Belt
MMAEYES

PostSubject: Re: Walker-"Fighting again is not my goal"   Walker-"Fighting again is not my goal" EmptyMon Jan 31, 2011 12:57 pm

killerofchicken wrote:
MMAEYES wrote:
thats a question we'll never know the answer to, but you can't deny the publicity he's brought forth

I can deny that the publicity was good, I feel like any hype he was given will now turn into "hey a 49 year old that didn't know what he was doing can kick ass in that sport". Any props given were given to Walker himself for trying mma none were given to the sport itself. He didn't change anyones mind. If you want to give him props for forcing some sports writers that normally wouldn't talk about mma, to talk about mma OK but I def don't think he made any impact on the sports acceptance.
Back to top Go down
killerofchicken
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
killerofchicken

PostSubject: Re: Walker-"Fighting again is not my goal"   Walker-"Fighting again is not my goal" EmptyMon Jan 31, 2011 1:00 pm

MMAEYES wrote:
killerofchicken wrote:
MMAEYES wrote:

I can deny that the publicity was good, I feel like any hype he was given will now turn into "hey a 49 year old that didn't know what he was doing can kick ass in that sport". Any props given were given to Walker himself for trying mma none were given to the sport itself. He didn't change anyones mind. If you want to give him props for forcing some sports writers that normally wouldn't talk about mma, to talk about mma OK but I def don't think he made any impact on the sports acceptance.
well, i still think its too early to say something like that... but any reporter knows he was fed easy fights but when you look at espn they rarely ever talk MMA, at least with Walker they got the ball rolling... IMO thats a good thing
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

Favorite Fighter(s) : Conor McGregor, Machida, Jon Jones, Ronda Rousey

PostSubject: Re: Walker-"Fighting again is not my goal"   Walker-"Fighting again is not my goal" EmptyMon Jan 31, 2011 3:14 pm

He is 50 and if he fights he wants to fight guys on his level. The hate makes no sense.
Back to top Go down
http://www.listentothis.org/images/fedoriishi.gif
MMAEYES
Black Belt
Black Belt
MMAEYES

PostSubject: Re: Walker-"Fighting again is not my goal"   Walker-"Fighting again is not my goal" EmptyMon Jan 31, 2011 3:23 pm

Wolfgangsta wrote:
He is 50 and if he fights he wants to fight guys on his level. The hate makes no sense.

My point is he never faught anyone on his level, he faught guys that he knew he wouldn't lose to. He might as well have just done a fixed fight imo.
Back to top Go down
killerofchicken
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
killerofchicken

PostSubject: Re: Walker-"Fighting again is not my goal"   Walker-"Fighting again is not my goal" EmptyMon Jan 31, 2011 3:24 pm

how would he know this when he just made his debut??? this was his second fight, you cant gauge a guy after only 2 appearances
Back to top Go down
MMAEYES
Black Belt
Black Belt
MMAEYES

PostSubject: Re: Walker-"Fighting again is not my goal"   Walker-"Fighting again is not my goal" EmptyMon Jan 31, 2011 3:40 pm

killerofchicken wrote:
how would he know this when he just made his debut??? this was his second fight, you cant gauge a guy after only 2 appearances

So your saying one of those guys or both were or could have been on Walkers level? Which one? Cause I feel pretty safe saying those guys had no business being in the cage with him.
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

Favorite Fighter(s) : Conor McGregor, Machida, Jon Jones, Ronda Rousey

PostSubject: Re: Walker-"Fighting again is not my goal"   Walker-"Fighting again is not my goal" EmptyMon Jan 31, 2011 4:46 pm

He is 50 with less than 3 fights and training gauged in months not years, and we're on him for fighting cans? Can we be real for half a second my friends. Lawd.
Back to top Go down
http://www.listentothis.org/images/fedoriishi.gif
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

Favorite Fighter(s) : Shogun, Fedor, Wand, Saku, Hendo, BJ, Bas, Cain, Mike Vallely

PostSubject: Re: Walker-"Fighting again is not my goal"   Walker-"Fighting again is not my goal" EmptyMon Jan 31, 2011 4:59 pm

I think it is where he his fighting these cans, being on the main card. Most would argue a main card fight should be a step above this type of spectacle. I hope he fights again. These guys on my radar for people I'd like to see him go with:
Peter Graham
Maxim Grishin
Devin Cole
Jake O'Brien
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/v/skCV2L0c6K0
MMAEYES
Black Belt
Black Belt
MMAEYES

PostSubject: Re: Walker-"Fighting again is not my goal"   Walker-"Fighting again is not my goal" EmptyMon Jan 31, 2011 5:06 pm

It's the fact that he's on the main card and runs around flexing and yelling like he beat a somebody that gets to me.

Back to top Go down
killerofchicken
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
killerofchicken

PostSubject: Re: Walker-"Fighting again is not my goal"   Walker-"Fighting again is not my goal" EmptyMon Jan 31, 2011 5:11 pm

MMAEYES wrote:
killerofchicken wrote:

So your saying one of those guys or both were or could have been on Walkers level? Which one? Cause I feel pretty safe saying those guys had no business being in the cage with him.
ARE YOU SERIOUS??!!! what I'm trying to say is how the fuck were we to know walker was gonna run through these guys!!! He was 0-0 with NO FIGHTS! he has to start with scrubs because the commission won't saction anyone else!!! Now the fact that he fights on the main card is BS and I've stated this many a times in the past, but if ur expecting walker vs a tip fighter right out the back ur fucking nuts
Back to top Go down
killerofchicken
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
killerofchicken

PostSubject: Re: Walker-"Fighting again is not my goal"   Walker-"Fighting again is not my goal" EmptyMon Jan 31, 2011 5:15 pm

MMAEYES wrote:
It's the fact that he's on the main card and runs around flexing and yelling like he beat a somebody that gets to me.

tell me how you would act if you just won ur second fight at the age of 96? lol

Back to top Go down
bobbitt15
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

PostSubject: Re: Walker-"Fighting again is not my goal"   Walker-"Fighting again is not my goal" EmptyMon Jan 31, 2011 5:25 pm

Can we atleast agree that if he fights again (which I hope he doesn't because there isn't a single shred of entertainment in his fights) its against someone who's last win wasn't 9.5 fucking years ago? Thanks
Back to top Go down
killerofchicken
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
killerofchicken

PostSubject: Re: Walker-"Fighting again is not my goal"   Walker-"Fighting again is not my goal" EmptyMon Jan 31, 2011 5:37 pm

bobbitt15 wrote:
Can we atleast agree that if he fights again (which I hope he doesn't because there isn't a single shred of entertainment in his fights) its against someone who's last win wasn't 9.5 fucking years ago? Thanks
id rather he not fight again though! just wastes space on the main card IMO
Back to top Go down
Ludo
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
Ludo

Favorite Fighter(s) : The Prodigy, The Great, Viking Dahmer, The Phenom

PostSubject: Re: Walker-"Fighting again is not my goal"   Walker-"Fighting again is not my goal" EmptyMon Jan 31, 2011 5:39 pm

Wow. So now we're hating on a geriatric who is two fights deep in his MMA career having only trained for MMA for the last 14 months maximum because he was fighting guys we never heard of before? Seems like no way to win in this one for Walker. If he fights guys half his age despite him being a rookie to this sport it's a disgrace and a freakshow. If he were fighting old broken down faces of the past(ala Tank or Frye) there would be an outcry that he's ruining legacies.

Would ya'll for just a moment quit being such whiney bitches and let a guy do his thing? He made it very clear from the start he never had any intention of fighting beyond his limited experience. He made it very clear he had no title aspirations or real career dreams here. Even now he's saying fighting for a third time despite taking almost no damage at all in two fights is not his goal. He almost sounds like he's happy just to be here.
Back to top Go down
killerofchicken
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
killerofchicken

PostSubject: Re: Walker-"Fighting again is not my goal"   Walker-"Fighting again is not my goal" EmptyMon Jan 31, 2011 5:44 pm

Ludo wrote:
Wow. So now we're hating on a geriatric who is two fights deep in his MMA career having only trained for MMA for the last 14 months maximum because he was fighting guys we never heard of before? Seems like no way to win in this one for Walker. If he fights guys half his age despite him being a rookie to this sport it's a disgrace and a freakshow. If he were fighting old broken down faces of the past(ala Tank or Frye) there would be an outcry that he's ruining legacies.

Would ya'll for just a moment quit being such whiney bitches and let a guy do his thing? He made it very clear from the start he never had any intention of fighting beyond his limited experience. He made it very clear he had no title aspirations or real career dreams here. Even now he's saying fighting for a third time despite taking almost no damage at all in two fights is not his goal. He almost sounds like he's happy just to be here.
AMEN!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Walker-"Fighting again is not my goal"   Walker-"Fighting again is not my goal" Empty

Back to top Go down

Walker-"Fighting again is not my goal"
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next