Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Business as usual in the UFC:

Go down 
+11
Primetyme199
GDPofDRC
Jamal
oggy420
Andrew the Raider King
OU
bobbitt15
killerofchicken
SOKO
Wolfgangsta
LA
15 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
LA
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
LA

Favorite Fighter(s) : Lyoto Machida, BJ Penn, Anderson Silva, Jose Aldo

Business as usual in the UFC: - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Business as usual in the UFC:   Business as usual in the UFC: - Page 3 EmptyThu Jan 13, 2011 1:26 pm

bobbitt15 wrote:
Lol +1. That's exactly what I said the other day and was being labeled as a hater for pointing out something so obvious

I know bro, there were some pieces written on mmafighting and bloodyelbow that echoed our thoughts as well.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

PostSubject: Re: Business as usual in the UFC:   Business as usual in the UFC: - Page 3 EmptyThu Jan 13, 2011 1:36 pm

SF setup the tourney with the most logical progression of fights for the title. May not have traditional seeding but it is setup in the best way possible IMO.
Back to top Go down
LA
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
LA

PostSubject: Re: Business as usual in the UFC:   Business as usual in the UFC: - Page 3 EmptyThu Jan 13, 2011 1:47 pm

It def was in regards to a Title fight and then 31 contender matchup no doubt, then your post me and B ageed with somes up the rest of the thoughts,

But now that the belt isn't on the line at all, the setup makes even less sense.

Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

PostSubject: Re: Business as usual in the UFC:   Business as usual in the UFC: - Page 3 EmptyThu Jan 13, 2011 1:52 pm

LA wrote:
It def was in regards to a Title fight and then 31 contender matchup no doubt, then your post me and B ageed with somes up the rest of the thoughts,

But now that the belt isn't on the line at all, the setup makes even less sense.

The logical matchups are still taking place, just no title(which is gay). But the setup still has the same natural progression of who should be fighting in SF at the moment.
Back to top Go down
LA
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
LA

PostSubject: Re: Business as usual in the UFC:   Business as usual in the UFC: - Page 3 EmptyThu Jan 13, 2011 1:55 pm

Without the belt on the line those macthups are no longer logical for the Prix, the winner gets a Title shot, why would you stack one side and have the Champ in it?
Back to top Go down
LA
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
LA

PostSubject: Re: Business as usual in the UFC:   Business as usual in the UFC: - Page 3 EmptyThu Jan 13, 2011 1:55 pm

But wrong thread, this is for UFC matchmaking
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: Business as usual in the UFC:   Business as usual in the UFC: - Page 3 EmptyThu Jan 13, 2011 2:02 pm

LA wrote:
Without the belt on the line those macthups are no longer logical for the Prix, the winner gets a Title shot, why would you stack one side and have the Champ in it?

The fights themselves still make sense. Even if the title isn't on the line Werdum derseves to fight the SF Champion. Fedor vs Bigfoot deserve the crack at the winner and the other side will still provide a legit matchup for whoever is the winner(and lineal HW Champion)
Back to top Go down
LA
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
LA

PostSubject: Re: Business as usual in the UFC:   Business as usual in the UFC: - Page 3 EmptyThu Jan 13, 2011 2:04 pm

So Vitor should fight Anderson without the belt on the line? I think you get what I'm saying.
Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

Favorite Fighter(s) : Shogun, Fedor, Wand, Saku, Hendo, BJ, Bas, Cain, Mike Vallely

PostSubject: Re: Business as usual in the UFC:   Business as usual in the UFC: - Page 3 EmptyThu Jan 13, 2011 2:04 pm

The more important title is still in play, and in the most logical order.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/v/skCV2L0c6K0
LA
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
LA

PostSubject: Re: Business as usual in the UFC:   Business as usual in the UFC: - Page 3 EmptyThu Jan 13, 2011 2:07 pm

No Title is in play, the order doesn't make sense when they are fighting vying for a Title shot (because that's what the Prix winner gets) and one side is stacked compared to the other. What if Reem wins it?
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: Business as usual in the UFC:   Business as usual in the UFC: - Page 3 EmptyThu Jan 13, 2011 2:09 pm

LA wrote:
So Vitor should fight Anderson without the belt on the line? I think you get what I'm saying.

I don't care if he knocks him out in the parking lot. Vitor in no way deserves a UFC MW title shot. I just can't wait for him to fuck Anderson up.
Back to top Go down
LA
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
LA

PostSubject: Re: Business as usual in the UFC:   Business as usual in the UFC: - Page 3 EmptyThu Jan 13, 2011 2:13 pm

OU wrote:
LA wrote:

I don't care if he knocks him out in the parking lot. Vitor in no way deserves a UFC MW title shot. I just can't wait for him to fuck Anderson up.

Top MW with quality wins, had to wait due to injury, but it doesn't matter, so Gray should fight Frankie without the Title on the line, same thing...
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: Business as usual in the UFC:   Business as usual in the UFC: - Page 3 EmptyThu Jan 13, 2011 2:22 pm

LA wrote:
OU wrote:
LA wrote:

Top MW with quality wins, had to wait due to injury, but it doesn't matter, so Gray should fight Frankie without the Title on the line, same thing...

Remind me again. How many fights has he won in the UFC at MW?
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

Favorite Fighter(s) : Conor McGregor, Machida, Jon Jones, Ronda Rousey

PostSubject: Re: Business as usual in the UFC:   Business as usual in the UFC: - Page 3 EmptyThu Jan 13, 2011 2:24 pm

How does everyone not know what tournament means? Show me an MMA tournament where the fights were seeded based on rankings. The old UFCs were seeded like this? Pride? The fuck? MMA isn't college fucking basketball and without official rankings who can even say how that type of seeding would be laid out?

Wiki ;
Quote :
A tournament is a competition involving a relatively large number of competitors, all participating in a sport or game. More specifically, the term may be used in either of two overlapping senses:

1. One or more competitions held at a single venue and concentrated into a relatively short time interval.
2. A competition involving multiple matches, each involving a subset of the competitors, with the overall tournament winner determined based on the combined results of these individual matches. These are common in those sports and games where each match must involve a small number of competitors: often precisely two, as in most team sports, racket sports and combat sports, many card games and board games, and many forms of competitive debating. Such tournaments allow large numbers to compete against each other in spite of the restriction on numbers in a single match.

http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/tournament
Quote :

a : a knightly sport of the Middle Ages between mounted combatants armed with blunted lances or swords and divided into two parties contesting for a prize or favor bestowed by the lady of the tournament b : the whole series of knightly sports, jousts, and tilts occurring at one time and place
: a series of games or contests that make up a single unit of competition (as on a professional golf tour), the championship play-offs of a league or conference, or an invitational event
Back to top Go down
http://www.listentothis.org/images/fedoriishi.gif
LA
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
LA

PostSubject: Re: Business as usual in the UFC:   Business as usual in the UFC: - Page 3 EmptyThu Jan 13, 2011 2:28 pm

OU wrote:
LA wrote:
OU wrote:
LA wrote:

Dude it's Vitor, lets not try to knock him too much, the fight is sexy and compelling even if his wins aren't up to snuff, he did drop the last MW Champ before Anderson with ease.
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

PostSubject: Re: Business as usual in the UFC:   Business as usual in the UFC: - Page 3 EmptyThu Jan 13, 2011 2:32 pm

It's a sexy fight but ridiculous in terms of the "OMG UFC matchmaking makes Strikeforce suck" debate, which is a stupid debate carried out only by retards/ignorant/people who self identify in an irrational and unhealthy way with the UFC. Being a rational objective person is great.
Back to top Go down
LA
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
LA

PostSubject: Re: Business as usual in the UFC:   Business as usual in the UFC: - Page 3 EmptyThu Jan 13, 2011 2:34 pm

Well they do matchmake much better, is this even debatable?

Dude don't spin shit and put words in peoples mouth, my thoughts on the Prix were echoed on both mmafighting and BE by writers, some people have different views on things, deal with it.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: Business as usual in the UFC:   Business as usual in the UFC: - Page 3 EmptyThu Jan 13, 2011 2:35 pm

LA wrote:
OU wrote:
LA wrote:
OU wrote:
LA wrote:

Dude it's Vitor, lets not try to knock him too much, the fight is sexy and compelling even if his wins aren't up to snuff, he did drop the last MW Champ before Anderson with ease.

Hey I'm not complaining one bit. I love Vitor knocking out Anderson, love it. But just pointing out he has done nothing to earn a UFC MW title shot.
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

PostSubject: Re: Business as usual in the UFC:   Business as usual in the UFC: - Page 3 EmptyThu Jan 13, 2011 2:37 pm

LA wrote:

Dude don't spin shit and put words in peoples mouth, my thoughts on the Prix were echoed on both mmafighting and BE by writers, some people have different views on things, deal with it.

As are mine. You're trolling the site a little too much though. It's clear you don't like this place anymore and are just making a scene.
Back to top Go down
LA
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
LA

PostSubject: Re: Business as usual in the UFC:   Business as usual in the UFC: - Page 3 EmptyThu Jan 13, 2011 2:40 pm

Wolfgangsta wrote:
LA wrote:

As are mine. You're trolling the site a little too much though. It's clear you don't like this place anymore and are just making a scene.

Huh? posting my thoughts like always, move along.
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

PostSubject: Re: Business as usual in the UFC:   Business as usual in the UFC: - Page 3 EmptyThu Jan 13, 2011 2:40 pm

You're being a troll.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Wolfgangsta wrote:
LA wrote:

thats a joke right?
Back to top Go down
LA
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
LA

PostSubject: Re: Business as usual in the UFC:   Business as usual in the UFC: - Page 3 EmptyThu Jan 13, 2011 2:42 pm

OU wrote:
Wolfgangsta wrote:
LA wrote:

thats a joke right?

I know, what is this clown talking about and how/why do we deal with him?
Back to top Go down
LA
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
LA

PostSubject: Re: Business as usual in the UFC:   Business as usual in the UFC: - Page 3 EmptyThu Jan 13, 2011 2:42 pm

Wolfgangsta wrote:
You're being a troll.

WTF are you talking about?
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

PostSubject: Re: Business as usual in the UFC:   Business as usual in the UFC: - Page 3 EmptyThu Jan 13, 2011 2:44 pm

OU I know he's ya boy but you also know what his game is.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Business as usual in the UFC:   Business as usual in the UFC: - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Business as usual in the UFC:
Page 3 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next