Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

As usual Nick Diaz is a screw up!

Go down 
+18
Ludo
acccardinal12
cascade_run
captain organic
LA
KingsOwn19
timthebim
Primetyme199
OU
gomez1012
corydd7
bobbitt15
Farmer1906
jimbojones1950
GDPofDRC
killerofchicken
MMAEYES
Andrew the Raider King
22 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
AuthorMessage
Andrew the Raider King
Red Belt
Red Belt
Andrew the Raider King

Favorite Fighter(s) : Chael, Sexyama, Condit, Hendricks, Cowboy, Struve

As usual Nick Diaz is a screw up! Empty
PostSubject: As usual Nick Diaz is a screw up!   As usual Nick Diaz is a screw up! EmptyWed Sep 07, 2011 2:33 pm

http://mmajunkie.com/news/25110/ufc-137s-diaz-no-shows-presser-manager-promises-hell-attend-wednesdays-in-vegas.mma

UFC 137's Diaz no-shows Canadian presser, manager promises he'll attend Vegas'

by Steven Marrocco on Sep 06, 2011 at 6:45 pm ET

It certainly looks like Nick Diaz doesn't want to play ball.

The former Strikeforce welterweight champion and upcoming UFC title-challenger no-showed a press conference today in Toronto, where he and welterweight champ Georges St-Pierre were supposed to answer questions from the media about their UFC 137 bout.

"Nick is extremely happy about the opportunity to fight GSP, but old habits die hard," Diaz manager Cesar Gracie today told MMAjunkie.com (www.mmajunkie.com).

St-Pierre showed and complained that Diaz's absence was unfair because he had interrupted his training camp to attend the press event, according to a report today from the "Canadian Press."

Gracie said his fighter's absence is regrettable, but he also said Diaz will be in attendance for a press conference held Wednesday in Las Vegas.

"Nick is going to be there tomorrow, and we'll go from there," he said.

UFC 137 takes place Oct. 29 at the Mandalay Bay Events Center in Las Vegas. The main card, which St-Pierre (22-2 MMA, 16-2 UFC) vs. Diaz (25-7 MMA, 6-4 UFC) headlines, airs live on pay-per-view.

Of course, the no-show comes as little to surprise to those familiar with Diaz's relationship with the press. The former Strikeforce fighter no-showed a conference call for the first defense of his title, a rematch with former EliteXC titleholder K.J. Noons.

"Nick doesn't really do the conference calls with a guy he's fighting; he just never has," Gracie then told reporters. "It's just not in his psyche. He's too busy training right now to answer any questions."

UFC president Dana White often has lamented Diaz's inability to "play the game," and during a meeting that eventually would produce a UFC contract and booking against St-Pierre, he tried to broach the topic.

But even White couldn't predict whether he'd gotten through.

"That is the million-dollar question, my friend," White said. "I sat down, and I talked to him, and we'll see how that went."

Fans are invited to Wednesday's presser, which takes place at 4 p.m. ET (1 p.m. PT local time) at the Mandalay Bay Events Center.
Back to top Go down
Andrew the Raider King
Red Belt
Red Belt
Andrew the Raider King

Favorite Fighter(s) : Chael, Sexyama, Condit, Hendricks, Cowboy, Struve

PostSubject: Re: As usual Nick Diaz is a screw up!   As usual Nick Diaz is a screw up! EmptyWed Sep 07, 2011 2:33 pm

What an idiot. Gets a 2nd chance and acts like an asshole...
Back to top Go down
MMAEYES
Black Belt
Black Belt
MMAEYES

Favorite Fighter(s) : BJ PENN, FEDOR, NICK DIAZ

PostSubject: Re: As usual Nick Diaz is a screw up!   As usual Nick Diaz is a screw up! EmptyWed Sep 07, 2011 2:53 pm

Nah Drew this is just all apart of Diaz's mind fuck game on GSP. Nicks gonna win this fight before he even gets in the cage. GSP is the kind of kid Diaz grew up talking lunchmoney from, the kind of kid that would have been afraid to walk down Nicks street. He maybe the best WW in the world but I think Nicks just the guy to get into GSP's head and intimidate him.

Others have tried the same thing, namely my favorite fighter ever. But where they failed Nick is gonna capitalize.
Back to top Go down
killerofchicken
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
killerofchicken

Favorite Fighter(s) : Mauricio Shogun Rua, BJ Penn, AXE MURDERER,Fedor, CroCop, Vitor Belfort, JDS

PostSubject: Re: As usual Nick Diaz is a screw up!   As usual Nick Diaz is a screw up! EmptyWed Sep 07, 2011 2:58 pm

MMAEYES wrote:
Nah Drew this is just all apart of Diaz's mind fuck game on GSP. Nicks gonna win this fight before he even gets in the cage. GSP is the kind of kid Diaz grew up talking lunchmoney from, the kind of kid that would have been afraid to walk down Nicks street. He maybe the best WW in the world but I think Nicks just the guy to get into GSP's head and intimidate him.

Others have tried the same thing, namely my favorite fighter ever. But where they failed Nick is gonna capitalize.

NO, this is Diaz being selfish and stupid... as i said before, i love to watch him fight but other than that he's a fucking idiot
Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

Favorite Fighter(s) : Shogun, Fedor, Wand, Saku, Hendo, BJ, Bas, Cain, Mike Vallely

PostSubject: Re: As usual Nick Diaz is a screw up!   As usual Nick Diaz is a screw up! EmptyWed Sep 07, 2011 2:58 pm

He doesn't seem to have any appreciation for the opportunities he has been given, and it seems like that has always been the case. This is a championship fight at the highest level and his biggest paycheck he has ever seen, and likely will ever see again. Just man up. A pity.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/v/skCV2L0c6K0
killerofchicken
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
killerofchicken

Favorite Fighter(s) : Mauricio Shogun Rua, BJ Penn, AXE MURDERER,Fedor, CroCop, Vitor Belfort, JDS

PostSubject: Re: As usual Nick Diaz is a screw up!   As usual Nick Diaz is a screw up! EmptyWed Sep 07, 2011 3:04 pm

GDPofDRC wrote:
He doesn't seem to have any appreciation for the opportunities he has been given, and it seems like that has always been the case. This is a championship fight at the highest level and his biggest paycheck he has ever seen, and likely will ever see again. Just man up. A pity.
that's it +1 G

he's always bitching about money and how he wants more... well fucking earn it ass
Back to top Go down
jimbojones1950
Green Belt
Green Belt

PostSubject: Re: As usual Nick Diaz is a screw up!   As usual Nick Diaz is a screw up! EmptyWed Sep 07, 2011 3:04 pm

GDPofDRC wrote:

Agreed
Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

Favorite Fighter(s) : Shogun, Fedor, Wand, Saku, Hendo, BJ, Bas, Cain, Mike Vallely

PostSubject: Re: As usual Nick Diaz is a screw up!   As usual Nick Diaz is a screw up! EmptyWed Sep 07, 2011 3:12 pm

As usual Nick Diaz is a screw up! K1PA4
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/v/skCV2L0c6K0
killerofchicken
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
killerofchicken

PostSubject: Re: As usual Nick Diaz is a screw up!   As usual Nick Diaz is a screw up! EmptyWed Sep 07, 2011 3:13 pm

as if Diaz didn't hate him enough...
Back to top Go down
MMAEYES
Black Belt
Black Belt
MMAEYES

PostSubject: Re: As usual Nick Diaz is a screw up!   As usual Nick Diaz is a screw up! EmptyWed Sep 07, 2011 3:20 pm

Oh yeah cause I'm sure Ariel will check a motherfucker that's out of line Rolling Eyes

But I do understand why he would be pissed to go to Toronto for nothing, that is fucked up
Back to top Go down
killerofchicken
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
killerofchicken

PostSubject: Re: As usual Nick Diaz is a screw up!   As usual Nick Diaz is a screw up! EmptyWed Sep 07, 2011 3:24 pm

MMAEYES wrote:
Oh yeah cause I'm sure Ariel will check a motherfucker that's out of line Rolling Eyes

But I do understand why he would be pissed to go to Toronto for nothing, that is fucked up

It's a part of the job! You agree to do this before the contract is signed
Back to top Go down
Farmer1906
Gold Belt
Gold Belt
Farmer1906

Favorite Fighter(s) : Griffin, Franklin, Hendo, Sonnen, Wand, Lawler, Belfort, Pettis, Aldo, Mousasi

PostSubject: Re: As usual Nick Diaz is a screw up!   As usual Nick Diaz is a screw up! EmptyWed Sep 07, 2011 3:25 pm

GDPofDRC wrote:

Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing
Back to top Go down
MMAEYES
Black Belt
Black Belt
MMAEYES

PostSubject: Re: As usual Nick Diaz is a screw up!   As usual Nick Diaz is a screw up! EmptyWed Sep 07, 2011 3:30 pm

killerofchicken wrote:
It's a part of the job! You agree to do this before the contract is signed

I know they agree to doing press for fights but when they sign the contract I don't they have dates for those press events already, we don't know what was really going on. I will agree it's not cool if he admits that he just didn't feel like coming so he didn't show, he should atleast lie and make something up lol
Back to top Go down
bobbitt15
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Chael Sonnen, Michael Chandler, Jorge Masvidal, Carlos Condit

PostSubject: Re: As usual Nick Diaz is a screw up!   As usual Nick Diaz is a screw up! EmptyWed Sep 07, 2011 3:32 pm

MMAEYES wrote:

Yeah, pissing off GSP is a strategy that I'm sure will pay dividends for Nick
Back to top Go down
Farmer1906
Gold Belt
Gold Belt
Farmer1906

Favorite Fighter(s) : Griffin, Franklin, Hendo, Sonnen, Wand, Lawler, Belfort, Pettis, Aldo, Mousasi

PostSubject: Re: As usual Nick Diaz is a screw up!   As usual Nick Diaz is a screw up! EmptyWed Sep 07, 2011 3:32 pm

If Nick pulls that shit most places then he gets fired. I think Dana should fine his ass or at least disqualify him from X of the night bonuses.
Back to top Go down
Farmer1906
Gold Belt
Gold Belt
Farmer1906

PostSubject: Re: As usual Nick Diaz is a screw up!   As usual Nick Diaz is a screw up! EmptyWed Sep 07, 2011 3:33 pm

bobbitt15 wrote:
MMAEYES wrote:

Yeah, pissing off GSP is a strategy that I'm sure will pay dividends for Nick

I think GSP finally finishes someone. Even though he's only been stopped once by Jeremy Jackson(who?) in his 3rd fight on the night. He avenged it 2x.
Back to top Go down
corydd7
Green Belt
Green Belt
corydd7

Favorite Fighter(s) : Anyone with the name Silva, Chris Leben, Nick Diaz, Don Frye

PostSubject: Re: As usual Nick Diaz is a screw up!   As usual Nick Diaz is a screw up! EmptyWed Sep 07, 2011 3:38 pm

GDPofDRC wrote:
I could really see Nick punching him right in the face. That would get Nick fired.
Back to top Go down
corydd7
Green Belt
Green Belt
corydd7

Favorite Fighter(s) : Anyone with the name Silva, Chris Leben, Nick Diaz, Don Frye

PostSubject: Re: As usual Nick Diaz is a screw up!   As usual Nick Diaz is a screw up! EmptyWed Sep 07, 2011 3:39 pm

The only way GSP finishes Nick is via A big fucking cut.
Back to top Go down
killerofchicken
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
killerofchicken

PostSubject: Re: As usual Nick Diaz is a screw up!   As usual Nick Diaz is a screw up! EmptyWed Sep 07, 2011 3:42 pm

corydd7 wrote:
The only way GSP finishes Nick is via A big fucking cut.
he could bear hug him to death... you never know lol
Back to top Go down
corydd7
Green Belt
Green Belt
corydd7

PostSubject: Re: As usual Nick Diaz is a screw up!   As usual Nick Diaz is a screw up! EmptyWed Sep 07, 2011 4:04 pm

lolllllllllllll you mean sub due to a fitch hold?
Back to top Go down
killerofchicken
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
killerofchicken

PostSubject: Re: As usual Nick Diaz is a screw up!   As usual Nick Diaz is a screw up! EmptyWed Sep 07, 2011 4:07 pm

corydd7 wrote:
lolllllllllllll you mean sub due to a fitch hold?
LOL, something along those lines
Back to top Go down
gomez1012
Black Belt
Black Belt
gomez1012

PostSubject: Re: As usual Nick Diaz is a screw up!   As usual Nick Diaz is a screw up! EmptyWed Sep 07, 2011 4:24 pm

Kevin Iole twitter

Quote :
--Dana: Had reservations about Nick Diaz a long time now

--Dana: Nick looked me in my face and lied to me.

--Dana not sure if Nick Diaz will be cut

Kinda stupid for them to bail on the fight, fighters pull dumb shit like this all the time

They are fighters for a reason lol

Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

PostSubject: Re: As usual Nick Diaz is a screw up!   As usual Nick Diaz is a screw up! EmptyWed Sep 07, 2011 4:25 pm

fuck Dana, Lorenzo wouldn't do this. It's a Dana move.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

PostSubject: Re: As usual Nick Diaz is a screw up!   As usual Nick Diaz is a screw up! EmptyWed Sep 07, 2011 4:29 pm

Dana White: I've got to talk to B.J. Penn now too, he doesn't know about it and he's gonna be one seriously pissed off Hawaiian.
Back to top Go down
gomez1012
Black Belt
Black Belt
gomez1012

PostSubject: Re: As usual Nick Diaz is a screw up!   As usual Nick Diaz is a screw up! EmptyWed Sep 07, 2011 4:30 pm

OU wrote:
fuck Dana, Lorenzo wouldn't do this. It's a Dana move.

Appears that way

Dana doesnt like the no shows, says fuck you didnt want to deal with you anyways. Peace
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: As usual Nick Diaz is a screw up!   As usual Nick Diaz is a screw up! Empty

Back to top Go down

As usual Nick Diaz is a screw up!
Page 1 of 9Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next