Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Brock and JDS named coaches!

Go down 
+14
jimbojones1950
OU
NoRegret
killerofchicken
SOKO
Andrew the Raider King
LA
josh200612
bobbitt15
Wolfgangsta
GDPofDRC
acccardinal12
Primetyme199
timthebim
18 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
SOKO
Black Belt
Black Belt
SOKO

Favorite Fighter(s) : The Dragon, Kenflo, Hendo, Guida, Ace, Wand, Cain, Carwin, Foreman, Evander, Oscar

Brock and JDS named coaches! - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Brock and JDS named coaches!   Brock and JDS named coaches! - Page 3 EmptyWed Jan 12, 2011 1:51 pm

killerofchicken wrote:
sokolkevin wrote:

Brock getting another shot at the title with a win over jds after the ass beating cain just gave him. Can someone make sense of this for me other than the $$$$$$$.

actually it kinda makes sense... who else would you have given him at this time? everyones either injured or already booked!

yeah guess your right didnt think too much on it I guess Im just a brock hater at heart. Poor brock first carwin then cain and now jds the punches for brock just keep getting harder and harder.
Back to top Go down
bobbitt15
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Chael Sonnen, Michael Chandler, Jorge Masvidal, Carlos Condit

PostSubject: Re: Brock and JDS named coaches!   Brock and JDS named coaches! - Page 3 EmptyWed Jan 12, 2011 1:52 pm

OU wrote:
bobbitt15 wrote:
Wonder if he'll bring Barry back into the fold

Pat Barry? Why would the TUF cast give a shit about Pat Barry?

Last I heard, he's a pretty good kickboxer
Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

Favorite Fighter(s) : Shogun, Fedor, Wand, Saku, Hendo, BJ, Bas, Cain, Mike Vallely

PostSubject: Re: Brock and JDS named coaches!   Brock and JDS named coaches! - Page 3 EmptyWed Jan 12, 2011 1:54 pm

OU wrote:
bobbitt15 wrote:

Pat was the guy who brought Brock's striking to the next level for the Cain fight.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/v/skCV2L0c6K0
killerofchicken
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
killerofchicken

Favorite Fighter(s) : Mauricio Shogun Rua, BJ Penn, AXE MURDERER,Fedor, CroCop, Vitor Belfort, JDS

PostSubject: Re: Brock and JDS named coaches!   Brock and JDS named coaches! - Page 3 EmptyWed Jan 12, 2011 1:58 pm

sokolkevin wrote:
killerofchicken wrote:
sokolkevin wrote:

Brock getting another shot at the title with a win over jds after the ass beating cain just gave him. Can someone make sense of this for me other than the $$$$$$$.

actually it kinda makes sense... who else would you have given him at this time? everyones either injured or already booked!

yeah guess your right didnt think too much on it I guess Im just a brock hater at heart. Poor brock first carwin then cain and now jds the punches for brock just keep getting harder and harder.

haha, the harder the better!!! WAR JDS

LOL
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

Favorite Fighter(s) : Conor McGregor, Machida, Jon Jones, Ronda Rousey

PostSubject: Re: Brock and JDS named coaches!   Brock and JDS named coaches! - Page 3 EmptyWed Jan 12, 2011 1:59 pm

I wonder if JDS defeats Brock badly if it will lessen how Cain is seen. Say Nog and Brock both lose by KO in comeback fights, then the Fedor effect will also damage Cain's strength of schedule.
Back to top Go down
http://www.listentothis.org/images/fedoriishi.gif
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

PostSubject: Re: Brock and JDS named coaches!   Brock and JDS named coaches! - Page 3 EmptyWed Jan 12, 2011 2:00 pm

bobbitt15 wrote:
OU wrote:
bobbitt15 wrote:

Last I heard he was another 5-2 fighter that is still adjusting to MMA.
Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

Favorite Fighter(s) : Shogun, Fedor, Wand, Saku, Hendo, BJ, Bas, Cain, Mike Vallely

PostSubject: Re: Brock and JDS named coaches!   Brock and JDS named coaches! - Page 3 EmptyWed Jan 12, 2011 2:02 pm

Wolfgangsta wrote:
I wonder if JDS defeats Brock badly if it will lessen how Cain is seen. Say Nog and Brock both lose by KO in comeback fights, then the Fedor effect will also damage Cain's strength of schedule.

Well since Cain smashed them both... It would probably stay the same.
Back to top Go down
LA
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
LA

Favorite Fighter(s) : Lyoto Machida, BJ Penn, Anderson Silva, Jose Aldo

PostSubject: Re: Brock and JDS named coaches!   Brock and JDS named coaches! - Page 3 EmptyWed Jan 12, 2011 2:02 pm

GDPofDRC wrote:
OU wrote:
bobbitt15 wrote:

Pat was the guy who brought Brock's striking to the next level for the Cain fight.

Funny, but only so much he could do in limited time, Brock needs a lot of time and experience to improve his standup. Cain was just in another World that night compared to Brock. I've actually been thinking about Cain's striking, it's amazing how fast he's made that transition in MMA to go with his wrestling, very impressive.

Last edited by LA on Wed Jan 12, 2011 2:04 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
LA
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
LA

PostSubject: Re: Brock and JDS named coaches!   Brock and JDS named coaches! - Page 3 EmptyWed Jan 12, 2011 2:03 pm

OU wrote:
bobbitt15 wrote:
OU wrote:
bobbitt15 wrote:

Don't get me started OU, I can go all day like that.
Back to top Go down
bobbitt15
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Chael Sonnen, Michael Chandler, Jorge Masvidal, Carlos Condit

PostSubject: Re: Brock and JDS named coaches!   Brock and JDS named coaches! - Page 3 EmptyWed Jan 12, 2011 2:04 pm

OU wrote:
bobbitt15 wrote:
OU wrote:
bobbitt15 wrote:

I think he would have plenty to offer some TUF caliber guys in the standup department
Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

PostSubject: Re: Brock and JDS named coaches!   Brock and JDS named coaches! - Page 3 EmptyWed Jan 12, 2011 2:04 pm

LA wrote:
GDPofDRC wrote:
OU wrote:
bobbitt15 wrote:

Funny, but only so much he could do in limited time, Brock needs a lot of time and experience to improve his standup. Cain was just in another World that night compared to Brock. I've actually been thinking about Cain striking, it's amazing how fast he's made that transition in MMA to go with his wrestling, very impressive.

Yeah, people that work with him say the same, great student and hardest worker mentality. People always say this guy should do this or that guy should do that, well I say, Brock should move to Thailand for a while and get some strikes, or Holland. Nobody listens to me.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

PostSubject: Re: Brock and JDS named coaches!   Brock and JDS named coaches! - Page 3 EmptyWed Jan 12, 2011 2:07 pm

bobbitt15 wrote:
OU wrote:
bobbitt15 wrote:
OU wrote:
bobbitt15 wrote:

I think he would have plenty to offer some TUF caliber guys in the standup department

Eh, he's no Rob McCullough.
Back to top Go down
LA
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
LA

PostSubject: Re: Brock and JDS named coaches!   Brock and JDS named coaches! - Page 3 EmptyWed Jan 12, 2011 2:08 pm

Mix between thinking you're serious and not, but say Brock was all about becoming a complete MMA fighter, staying in Holland and training for an extended period would be a smart play.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: Brock and JDS named coaches!   Brock and JDS named coaches! - Page 3 EmptyWed Jan 12, 2011 2:08 pm

LA wrote:
OU wrote:
bobbitt15 wrote:
OU wrote:
bobbitt15 wrote:

Between Brock and and Barry they are 10-4 and something like 5-4 in the UFC. Just saying...
Back to top Go down
killerofchicken
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
killerofchicken

Favorite Fighter(s) : Mauricio Shogun Rua, BJ Penn, AXE MURDERER,Fedor, CroCop, Vitor Belfort, JDS

PostSubject: Re: Brock and JDS named coaches!   Brock and JDS named coaches! - Page 3 EmptyWed Jan 12, 2011 2:14 pm

Back to top Go down
LA
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
LA

PostSubject: Re: Brock and JDS named coaches!   Brock and JDS named coaches! - Page 3 EmptyWed Jan 12, 2011 2:14 pm

OU wrote:
LA wrote:
OU wrote:
bobbitt15 wrote:
OU wrote:
bobbitt15 wrote:

Between Brock and and Barry they are 10-4 and something like 5-4 in the UFC. Just saying...

Well I won't argue uch with Baryy, def a solid striker with K-1 level skills, but still need to see more of him inMMA

Brock is a raw specimen, but come on, he's beaten and fought only top HWs, a couple former Champs

What was Nick's UFC record?
Back to top Go down
LA
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
LA

PostSubject: Re: Brock and JDS named coaches!   Brock and JDS named coaches! - Page 3 EmptyWed Jan 12, 2011 2:16 pm

killerofchicken wrote:
the betting lines have JDS a -155 favorite as of right meow

http://mmajunkie.com/news/22068/ufc-131s-junior-dos-santos-opens-a-155-favorite-over-brock-lesnar.mma?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed:+mmajunkie+(MMAjunkie.com+Feed)&utm_content=Twitter

Meow I think JDS should be the betting favorite, but Brock still can win this fight with the right gameplan.
Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

PostSubject: Re: Brock and JDS named coaches!   Brock and JDS named coaches! - Page 3 EmptyWed Jan 12, 2011 2:17 pm

LA wrote:
Mix between thinking you're serious and not, but say Brock was all about becoming a complete MMA fighter, staying in Holland and training for an extended period would be a smart play.

I'm totally serious, but it won't happen, I don't think he has that level of dedication. Wouldn't even need to be out of country really, there are good Merican camps with good players, I just don't think he wants to be removed from the familiarity and comfort of his lifestyle though, understandably since he is a little older, has cash, wife, hobbies, etcever. Gettin him to commit to TUF and come to Vegas probably cost Zuffa a pretty penny.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: Brock and JDS named coaches!   Brock and JDS named coaches! - Page 3 EmptyWed Jan 12, 2011 2:22 pm

LA wrote:
OU wrote:
LA wrote:
OU wrote:
bobbitt15 wrote:
OU wrote:
bobbitt15 wrote:

Well I won't argue uch with Baryy, def a solid striker with K-1 level skills, but still need to see more of him inMMA

Brock is a raw specimen, but come on, he's beaten and fought only top HWs, a couple former Champs

5-4 with some BS dec. But Nick fought even better competition then Brock. And Nick was only like 22.
Back to top Go down
LA
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
LA

PostSubject: Re: Brock and JDS named coaches!   Brock and JDS named coaches! - Page 3 EmptyWed Jan 12, 2011 2:23 pm

GDPofDRC wrote:
LA wrote:

I'm totally serious, but it won't happen, I don't think he has that level of dedication. Wouldn't even need to be out of country really, there are good Merican camps with good players, I just don't think he wants to be removed from the familiarity and comfort of his lifestyle though, understandably since he is a little older, has cash, wife, hobbies, etcever. Gettin him to commit to TUF and come to Vegas probably cost Zuffa a pretty penny.

Agree across the board, add in he just had another kid or is having.

It'd be interesting if Brock got right into MMA back in 2001, he has the raw abilities, eh too late now.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: Brock and JDS named coaches!   Brock and JDS named coaches! - Page 3 EmptyWed Jan 12, 2011 2:25 pm

LA wrote:
GDPofDRC wrote:
LA wrote:

It'd be interesting if Brock got right into MMA back in 2001, he has the raw abilities, eh too late now.

Imagine if a freak athlete like Hershel Walker was in MMA from day 1?
Back to top Go down
LA
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
LA

PostSubject: Re: Brock and JDS named coaches!   Brock and JDS named coaches! - Page 3 EmptyWed Jan 12, 2011 2:26 pm

OU wrote:
LA wrote:
OU wrote:
LA wrote:
OU wrote:
bobbitt15 wrote:
OU wrote:
bobbitt15 wrote:

5-4 with some BS dec. But Nick fought even better competition then Brock. And Nick was only like 22.

Close, what Sherk, Lawler, Karo, Sanchez, Neer, Tibau that's all I got right now; Brock got Randy, Mir II, Carwin, Cain, Herring now JDS, got to give it to Brock
Back to top Go down
LA
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
LA

PostSubject: Re: Brock and JDS named coaches!   Brock and JDS named coaches! - Page 3 EmptyWed Jan 12, 2011 2:28 pm

OU wrote:
LA wrote:
GDPofDRC wrote:
LA wrote:

Imagine if a freak athlete like Hershel Walker was in MMA from day 1?

People always forget Brock was a legit National Champ wrestler but,

I don't know what Walker would be like, but he's been into martial arts his whole life and looked bizarre in the one fight I saw him in.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: Brock and JDS named coaches!   Brock and JDS named coaches! - Page 3 EmptyWed Jan 12, 2011 2:35 pm

LA wrote:
OU wrote:
LA wrote:
OU wrote:
LA wrote:
OU wrote:
bobbitt15 wrote:
OU wrote:
bobbitt15 wrote:

Close, what Sherk, Lawler, Karo, Sanchez, Neer, Tibau that's all I got right now; Brock got Randy, Mir II, Carwin, Cain, Herring now JDS, got to give it to Brock

It's not even close to me, I think you have to be fucking with me here. The guys Nick fought were closer to their peak and in a more talented divison. It really isn't close.
Back to top Go down
LA
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
LA

PostSubject: Re: Brock and JDS named coaches!   Brock and JDS named coaches! - Page 3 EmptyWed Jan 12, 2011 2:49 pm

Not sure what you're seeing
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Brock and JDS named coaches!   Brock and JDS named coaches! - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Brock and JDS named coaches!
Page 3 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next