Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Brock and JDS named coaches!

Go down 
+14
jimbojones1950
OU
NoRegret
killerofchicken
SOKO
Andrew the Raider King
LA
josh200612
bobbitt15
Wolfgangsta
GDPofDRC
acccardinal12
Primetyme199
timthebim
18 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
bobbitt15
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Chael Sonnen, Michael Chandler, Jorge Masvidal, Carlos Condit

Brock and JDS named coaches! - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Brock and JDS named coaches!   Brock and JDS named coaches! - Page 5 EmptyThu Jan 13, 2011 10:32 am

GDPofDRC wrote:
This could be UFCs best business move in 2011, no, it is.

Brock obviously didn't come cheap for this, he has plenty of reasons to want to stay up north. But the price will prove worth it.

Brock's main function in the UFC is revenue. Him on TUF is gonna bring lots of that, viewers, sponsors etc.

I don't think JDS is a logical opponent for him at all, he is gonna get stopped again, but alas, that's not important because he is not in TUF against Frank Mir.

That third match will happen and it too will be a main event, because the truth is, Brock, no matter how many losses he gets will not be anything other than a headliner in the UFC. Why it continues to make hecka sense is because Brock has way better odds and likely will beat Mir, further ensuring that his next fight will be nothing other than a main event fight.

If he loses to Mir, expect Toney or some other MMA joke vs Brock in a main event.

Really though, this was the smartest thing the UFC could of done to exploit every dollar they could out of Brock.

Good for them. I prefer match ups that make sense myself, and not in the financial sense, but that's how a fan should think since I get none of that money.

1) We've never seen JDS in there against anything resembling a good wrestler

2) How in the world does the #1 contender fighting the former champ in the wake of the current champ being sidelined not make sense?
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

PostSubject: Re: Brock and JDS named coaches!   Brock and JDS named coaches! - Page 5 EmptyThu Jan 13, 2011 10:36 am

bobbitt15 wrote:
Most of the guys who have done the show have the guys they bring in do the heavy lifting anyway. I don't understand why this discussion is even being brought up. We're two seasons removed from a coach telling his top pick that he didn't have to do anything if he didn't want to LOL. Brock will be fine

Rampage being a shitty coach doesn't change the fact that Brock isn't a good canidate. They could have done better, Brock is probably the least qualified of the top level fighters out there. I'm just sayin...We have had some shitty coaches before but that was more because of their approach/attitude. I expect Brock to atleast give a shit, I'll give him that. I think he will try.
Back to top Go down
MMAEYES
Black Belt
Black Belt
MMAEYES

Favorite Fighter(s) : BJ PENN, FEDOR, NICK DIAZ

PostSubject: Re: Brock and JDS named coaches!   Brock and JDS named coaches! - Page 5 EmptyThu Jan 13, 2011 10:52 am

I agree with OU that as a coach Brock isn't a good pick, while he'd be able to teach some wrestling, what the hell else can he teach? The caveman hammerfist? But I'm sure he'll have some good assistants for the actual coaching Brock was picked to be the entertainment. Think of how many doors will get ripped apart on this TUF. And every WWE fan in the country is gonna tune in so as far as rating this was a great idea.

Back to top Go down
bobbitt15
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Chael Sonnen, Michael Chandler, Jorge Masvidal, Carlos Condit

PostSubject: Re: Brock and JDS named coaches!   Brock and JDS named coaches! - Page 5 EmptyThu Jan 13, 2011 12:22 pm

Eh, I think some people are way overestimating how much coaching these guys actually do. I read the other day that even GSP pretty much turned the coaching over to Jackson and he would just train with the guys. Since when you do have to be lights out in every aspect of MMA to be able to coach on TUF? He's a national championship wrestler with great cardio who will bring in Comprido I'm assuming along with some standup guys. No problems
Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

Favorite Fighter(s) : Shogun, Fedor, Wand, Saku, Hendo, BJ, Bas, Cain, Mike Vallely

PostSubject: Re: Brock and JDS named coaches!   Brock and JDS named coaches! - Page 5 EmptyThu Jan 13, 2011 12:32 pm

Because JDS is gonna beat him up in a one sided affair.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/v/skCV2L0c6K0
bobbitt15
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

PostSubject: Re: Brock and JDS named coaches!   Brock and JDS named coaches! - Page 5 EmptyThu Jan 13, 2011 12:40 pm

Even if true, it still doesn't mean the matchup doesn't make sense

And again, we've never seen him against anything resembling a good wrestler. Nobody really has any idea if he'll be able to get back up once he gets taken down.

This seems like an exagerration to me. JDS could win, but on paper Carwin and Cain are way worse matchups for Brock than he is
Back to top Go down
oggy420
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt

PostSubject: Re: Brock and JDS named coaches!   Brock and JDS named coaches! - Page 5 EmptyThu Jan 13, 2011 12:48 pm

wow. This should be interesting with Brock.
Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

Favorite Fighter(s) : Shogun, Fedor, Wand, Saku, Hendo, BJ, Bas, Cain, Mike Vallely

PostSubject: Re: Brock and JDS named coaches!   Brock and JDS named coaches! - Page 5 EmptyThu Jan 13, 2011 12:54 pm

bobbitt15 wrote:
Even if true, it still doesn't mean the matchup doesn't make sense

And again, we've never seen him against anything resembling a good wrestler. Nobody really has any idea if he'll be able to get back up once he gets taken down.

This seems like an exagerration to me. JDS could win, but on paper Carwin and Cain are way worse matchups for Brock than he is

I respect your opinion, cause that's all we got, on paper Cain and Carwin were worse match ups, were, now the paper says punch Brock, JDS is suited to do that. And I still do not have faith in Brocks size over his ability, especially in controlling JDS, size is not enough, I have and will continue to keep ringing that bell.
Back to top Go down
LA
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
LA

Favorite Fighter(s) : Lyoto Machida, BJ Penn, Anderson Silva, Jose Aldo

PostSubject: Re: Brock and JDS named coaches!   Brock and JDS named coaches! - Page 5 EmptyThu Jan 13, 2011 1:24 pm

And while Brock may not know how to react to getting hit, and obviously JDS is a much better striker, possibly the best HW in MMA,we still haven't seen him on the ground, and still haven't seen him stop a shot from a guy like Brock. And that is where the fight has intrigue.

This also maybe a nice tuneup fight for JDS if he does win, cause he can show he's able to stop the takedown of a top wrestler.
Back to top Go down
MMAEYES
Black Belt
Black Belt
MMAEYES

Favorite Fighter(s) : BJ PENN, FEDOR, NICK DIAZ

PostSubject: Re: Brock and JDS named coaches!   Brock and JDS named coaches! - Page 5 EmptyThu Jan 13, 2011 2:46 pm

bobbitt15 wrote:
Eh, I think some people are way overestimating how much coaching these guys actually do. I read the other day that even GSP pretty much turned the coaching over to Jackson and he would just train with the guys.

Your right but that's kinda the reason I think in this case when you got a bunch of WW if the coach is gonna be a HW he's got to be a good coach. Cause what's Brock gonna do roll and spar with WW's? Hell no that wouldn't help his fighters get any better rolling with his huge ass. Now if he was coaching a season for HW then I would agree with you.
Back to top Go down
killerofchicken
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
killerofchicken

Favorite Fighter(s) : Mauricio Shogun Rua, BJ Penn, AXE MURDERER,Fedor, CroCop, Vitor Belfort, JDS

PostSubject: Re: Brock and JDS named coaches!   Brock and JDS named coaches! - Page 5 EmptyThu Jan 13, 2011 3:14 pm

GDPofDRC wrote:
Killer is gonna pay $4 to whoever knows what that is from.
wait, what? that wasn't the arrangement
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

PostSubject: Re: Brock and JDS named coaches!   Brock and JDS named coaches! - Page 5 EmptyThu Jan 13, 2011 3:16 pm

killerofchicken wrote:
GDPofDRC wrote:

Yeah I think killer said doll hairs. Easy mistake.
Back to top Go down
killerofchicken
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
killerofchicken

Favorite Fighter(s) : Mauricio Shogun Rua, BJ Penn, AXE MURDERER,Fedor, CroCop, Vitor Belfort, JDS

PostSubject: Re: Brock and JDS named coaches!   Brock and JDS named coaches! - Page 5 EmptyThu Jan 13, 2011 3:18 pm

OU wrote:
killerofchicken wrote:
GDPofDRC wrote:

Yeah I think killer said doll hairs. Easy mistake.
lol!
Back to top Go down
bobbitt15
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

PostSubject: Re: Brock and JDS named coaches!   Brock and JDS named coaches! - Page 5 EmptyThu Jan 13, 2011 3:50 pm

MMAEYES wrote:
bobbitt15 wrote:
Eh, I think some people are way overestimating how much coaching these guys actually do. I read the other day that even GSP pretty much turned the coaching over to Jackson and he would just train with the guys.

Your right but that's kinda the reason I think in this case when you got a bunch of WW if the coach is gonna be a HW he's got to be a good coach. Cause what's Brock gonna do roll and spar with WW's? Hell no that wouldn't help his fighters get any better rolling with his huge ass. Now if he was coaching a season for HW then I would agree with you.

Just think of how easy the actual fights will be for them after being stuck on the bottom with Brock on top
Back to top Go down
Primetyme199
Brown Belt
Brown Belt
Primetyme199

PostSubject: Re: Brock and JDS named coaches!   Brock and JDS named coaches! - Page 5 EmptyFri Jan 14, 2011 12:58 am

Fom JDS:

"My next bout would be for the belt but this one is welcomed. It will increase my resumé so much. I liked the choice and the opportunity to be the coach of the reality show, this will be a big challenge. My English isn’t 100% yet but I will do my best and I am sure and I will do well."

"Brock Lesnar is a very tough guy, he is different from Cain Velasquez for his height. He is a little slower but is as dangerous as Cain. It’ll be different but I will work the same thing, takedown defense and boxing."

"I’m still choosing my team… (Luiz) Dorea will be the boxing coach, Billy (Schiebe), an American friend, the Muay Thai coach. I’m thinking on someone from jiu-jitsu and perhaps Rodrigo Artilheiro in wreslting, he is very good and speaks Portuguese and English, which will help in the communication."
Back to top Go down
captain organic
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
captain organic

PostSubject: Re: Brock and JDS named coaches!   Brock and JDS named coaches! - Page 5 EmptyFri Jan 14, 2011 10:26 pm

I wonder if Brock will knock a door off it's hinges.
Back to top Go down
timthebim
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
timthebim

Favorite Fighter(s) : BJ PENN, JOSH KOSCHECK, SPIDER

PostSubject: Re: Brock and JDS named coaches!   Brock and JDS named coaches! - Page 5 EmptyFri Jan 14, 2011 10:37 pm

captain organic wrote:
I wonder if Brock will knock a door off it's hinges.

Hell yeah he will!!!!!
Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

PostSubject: Re: Brock and JDS named coaches!   Brock and JDS named coaches! - Page 5 EmptyWed Feb 02, 2011 7:42 pm

GDPofDRC wrote:
LA wrote:
GDPofDRC wrote:
OU wrote:
bobbitt15 wrote:
Wonder if he'll bring Barry back into the fold

Pat Barry? Why would the TUF cast give a shit about Pat Barry?

Pat was the guy who brought Brock's striking to the next level for the Cain fight.

Funny, but only so much he could do in limited time, Brock needs a lot of time and experience to improve his standup. Cain was just in another World that night compared to Brock. I've actually been thinking about Cain striking, it's amazing how fast he's made that transition in MMA to go with his wrestling, very impressive.

Yeah, people that work with him say the same, great student and hardest worker mentality. People always say this guy should do this or that guy should do that, well I say, Brock should move to Thailand for a while and get some strikes, or Holland. Nobody listens to me.

Bas listens..

Bas is always worth a listening to, he really breaks it down in this vid.
El Guapo wrote:

- 0:19 Anderson Silva vs. Vitor Belfort
- 1:01 Jon Jones vs. Ryan Bader
- 1:52 Forrest Griffin vs. Rich Franklin
- 2:28 Ring rust and never having it
- 4:04 Norifumi Yamamoto vs. Demetrious Johnson
- 5:05 Brock Lesnar shying away from punches
- 5:30 Not seeing how Brock Lesnar ever got hit in practice having seen his fights, "It's a shame"
- 6:19 Brock should go to Holland to train with Golden Glory
- 7:07 Losing respect from other fighters when you tap to strikes
- 8:35 Assuming Pat Barry never hit Brock Lesnar in training
- 9:23 A drill Brock Lesnar should start doing .
Back to top Go down
killerofchicken
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
killerofchicken

PostSubject: Re: Brock and JDS named coaches!   Brock and JDS named coaches! - Page 5 EmptyWed Feb 02, 2011 8:17 pm

Love Bas! I could always listen to what be says man
Back to top Go down
Birdofthad
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Ken shamrock, Frank Shamrock, Guy Mezger, Pete Williams, you get it Lions Den

PostSubject: Bas Rutten Bashes Death Clutch and Brock   Brock and JDS named coaches! - Page 5 EmptyThu Feb 03, 2011 4:01 am

says he doubts Brock allows anyone to hit him in practice, Brock shy's away from punches and that he doubts Pat Berry ever hit Brock once in training. Said you dont tap to strikes, and Brock will teach his TUF fighters nothing

Back to top Go down
Birdofthad
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Ken shamrock, Frank Shamrock, Guy Mezger, Pete Williams, you get it Lions Den

PostSubject: Re: Brock and JDS named coaches!   Brock and JDS named coaches! - Page 5 EmptyThu Feb 03, 2011 4:01 am

5 minute mark
Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

PostSubject: Re: Brock and JDS named coaches!   Brock and JDS named coaches! - Page 5 EmptyThu Feb 03, 2011 4:15 am

Already posted
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: Brock and JDS named coaches!   Brock and JDS named coaches! - Page 5 EmptyThu Feb 03, 2011 10:12 am

merged
Back to top Go down
killerofchicken
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
killerofchicken

PostSubject: Re: Brock and JDS named coaches!   Brock and JDS named coaches! - Page 5 EmptyThu Feb 03, 2011 10:48 am

Quote :
"It's been interesting," White told MMA Fighting. "I'm actually impressed and happy with how competitive they both are and how into it they both are. One of the cool things that happens every season is, guys come on and they totally buy into it and get into it, and end up creating relationships for a lifetime. Brock's been just like that.

"In the whole history of the show, I think we've only ever had Ken Shamrock come on and not give a s---," he continued. "I think he's the only coach that ever came on and didn't care. Brock's been good so far."

Dana on Brock embracing the coaching role
Back to top Go down
killerofchicken
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
killerofchicken

PostSubject: Re: Brock and JDS named coaches!   Brock and JDS named coaches! - Page 5 EmptyThu Feb 03, 2011 10:49 am

taking a shot at Ken Shamrock also
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Brock and JDS named coaches!   Brock and JDS named coaches! - Page 5 Empty

Back to top Go down

Brock and JDS named coaches!
Page 5 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next