Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

TUF 13 changed to WW only, coaches to be named this week

Go down 
+3
timthebim
bobbitt15
OU
7 posters
AuthorMessage
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

TUF 13 changed to WW only, coaches to be named this week Empty
PostSubject: TUF 13 changed to WW only, coaches to be named this week   TUF 13 changed to WW only, coaches to be named this week EmptyMon Jan 10, 2011 3:11 pm

http://mmajunkie.com/news/22040/the-ultimate-fighter-13-cast-shifts-to-all-welterweights-coaches-named-this-week.mma
While initially intended to feature welterweights and middleweights, the upcoming 13th season of "The Ultimate Fighter" instead now will be a welterweights-only season.

A source close to the long-running competition/reality series today confirmed the plans with MMAjunkie.com (www.mmajunkie.com).

The show begins taping this month, and it debuts March 30 on Spike TV. Coaches are expected to be announced this week, a source said.

With the single weight class, "TUF 13" is expected to use the same 28-man, 32-slot tournament that has been employed in recent seasons. The initial 28 elimination-round fights, which air over the first episode or two of the show, will determine the initial cast of 14. The fighters then enter a 16-slot bracket, and two opening-round losers will get a second shot as "wild card" picks. ("TUF 11" wild-card pick Kris McCray eventually became the show's runner-up.)

The show again tapes in Las Vegas.

Many fighters, who traditionally meet in a season-ending fight, have been rumored for coaching slots on "TUF 13." But UFC officials haven't tipped their hand, and many leading candidates now instead are slotted for spring/early-summer UFC events.

Welterweights haven't been featured on the show since "TUF 10," a U.S. vs. U.K. version of the reality series that featured both 155- and 170-pounders.

The "TUF" series, which debuted in 2005, was the primary tool to get MMA and the UFC into the mainstream. The show has launched the careers of more than 100 UFC fighters, and past cast members such as Rashad Evans, Forrest Griffin and Matt Serra have gone on to win UFC titles.
Back to top Go down
bobbitt15
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Chael Sonnen, Michael Chandler, Jorge Masvidal, Carlos Condit

PostSubject: Re: TUF 13 changed to WW only, coaches to be named this week   TUF 13 changed to WW only, coaches to be named this week EmptyMon Jan 10, 2011 4:03 pm

Hmm, thought it was all WW to begin with
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

PostSubject: Re: TUF 13 changed to WW only, coaches to be named this week   TUF 13 changed to WW only, coaches to be named this week EmptyMon Jan 10, 2011 4:05 pm

bobbitt15 wrote:
Hmm, thought it was all WW to begin with

Nope, both WW and MW tried out.
http://mmajunkie.com/news/21283/the-ultimate-fighter-13-tryouts-draw-several-notables-including-galvao-amoussou-toney.mma
Back to top Go down
timthebim
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
timthebim

Favorite Fighter(s) : BJ PENN, JOSH KOSCHECK, SPIDER

PostSubject: Re: TUF 13 changed to WW only, coaches to be named this week   TUF 13 changed to WW only, coaches to be named this week EmptyMon Jan 10, 2011 6:09 pm

You guys got any idea who the coaches are?
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: TUF 13 changed to WW only, coaches to be named this week   TUF 13 changed to WW only, coaches to be named this week EmptyMon Jan 10, 2011 6:16 pm

timthebim wrote:
You guys got any idea who the coaches are?

They are keeping it pretty tight. But you can rule out a few people that were rumored. Sonnen and Wandy rumor was shot down by Dana. Faber and Cruz is no longer possible. Looks now like Mir-Lesnar rumor is not true. I guess there is a chance it is Mir and Fat Boy? I mean Mir is a former coach and Fat Boy a former show winner.
Back to top Go down
timthebim
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
timthebim

PostSubject: Re: TUF 13 changed to WW only, coaches to be named this week   TUF 13 changed to WW only, coaches to be named this week EmptyMon Jan 10, 2011 6:18 pm

That would make sense but it really doesnt get me pumped to watch the show like say a Mir and Brock.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: TUF 13 changed to WW only, coaches to be named this week   TUF 13 changed to WW only, coaches to be named this week EmptyMon Jan 10, 2011 6:24 pm

timthebim wrote:
That would make sense but it really doesnt get me pumped to watch the show like say a Mir and Brock.

I just said Mir vs Fatboy because that is a fight that is in the making right now.
Back to top Go down
timthebim
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
timthebim

PostSubject: Re: TUF 13 changed to WW only, coaches to be named this week   TUF 13 changed to WW only, coaches to be named this week EmptyMon Jan 10, 2011 6:29 pm

OU wrote:
timthebim wrote:

I just said Mir vs Fatboy because that is a fight that is in the making right now.

I would have to know when the finale is cause the coaches usually fight like a week or 2 later.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: TUF 13 changed to WW only, coaches to be named this week   TUF 13 changed to WW only, coaches to be named this week EmptyMon Jan 10, 2011 6:37 pm

timthebim wrote:
OU wrote:
timthebim wrote:

I would have to know when the finale is cause the coaches usually fight like a week or 2 later.

The show airs in March I think.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: TUF 13 changed to WW only, coaches to be named this week   TUF 13 changed to WW only, coaches to be named this week EmptyTue Jan 11, 2011 1:27 pm

If it isn't Mir and Nelson I will be shocked. TUF 13 starts to air March 30 and Mir vs Nelson is set to take place May 28th.
Back to top Go down
killerofchicken
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
killerofchicken

Favorite Fighter(s) : Mauricio Shogun Rua, BJ Penn, AXE MURDERER,Fedor, CroCop, Vitor Belfort, JDS

PostSubject: Re: TUF 13 changed to WW only, coaches to be named this week   TUF 13 changed to WW only, coaches to be named this week EmptyTue Jan 11, 2011 1:32 pm

edgar vs maynard are the coaches
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: TUF 13 changed to WW only, coaches to be named this week   TUF 13 changed to WW only, coaches to be named this week EmptyTue Jan 11, 2011 1:33 pm

killerofchicken wrote:

Says who?
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: TUF 13 changed to WW only, coaches to be named this week   TUF 13 changed to WW only, coaches to be named this week EmptyTue Jan 11, 2011 1:34 pm

OU wrote:
killerofchicken wrote:

Says who?

Finale is set for June. 4th so I guess Mir and Fatboy are probably not it.
Back to top Go down
killerofchicken
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
killerofchicken

Favorite Fighter(s) : Mauricio Shogun Rua, BJ Penn, AXE MURDERER,Fedor, CroCop, Vitor Belfort, JDS

PostSubject: Re: TUF 13 changed to WW only, coaches to be named this week   TUF 13 changed to WW only, coaches to be named this week EmptyTue Jan 11, 2011 1:35 pm

OU wrote:
killerofchicken wrote:

Says who?
me Very Happy ... thats only my guess lol
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: TUF 13 changed to WW only, coaches to be named this week   TUF 13 changed to WW only, coaches to be named this week EmptyTue Jan 11, 2011 1:37 pm

killerofchicken wrote:
OU wrote:
killerofchicken wrote:

Says who?
me Very Happy ... thats only my guess lol

Not just you
http://mmajunkie.com/news/22051/the-ultimate-fighter-13-finale-is-june-4-door-opened-for-edgar-maynard-coaches.mma
Back to top Go down
MMAEYES
Black Belt
Black Belt
MMAEYES

Favorite Fighter(s) : BJ PENN, FEDOR, NICK DIAZ

PostSubject: Re: TUF 13 changed to WW only, coaches to be named this week   TUF 13 changed to WW only, coaches to be named this week EmptyTue Jan 11, 2011 1:47 pm

But could Frankie and Grey bring in the viewers? It's a no-brainer for these guys to do the show, they both need to get their names out more but will they bring in the ratings?
Back to top Go down
acccardinal12
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Cung Le, BJ Penn, Mayhem, Chael Sonnen, Anthony Pettis

PostSubject: Re: TUF 13 changed to WW only, coaches to be named this week   TUF 13 changed to WW only, coaches to be named this week EmptyTue Jan 11, 2011 1:52 pm

MMAEYES wrote:
But could Frankie and Grey bring in the viewers? It's a no-brainer for these guys to do the show, they both need to get their names out more but will they bring in the ratings?

Yes and we know it will help the trilogy fight between them sell more PPV's. This is the best choice for the UFC imo.
Back to top Go down
killerofchicken
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
killerofchicken

PostSubject: Re: TUF 13 changed to WW only, coaches to be named this week   TUF 13 changed to WW only, coaches to be named this week EmptyTue Jan 11, 2011 1:55 pm

after the last fight these guys shouldnt have much problem selling ppvs imo
Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

Favorite Fighter(s) : Shogun, Fedor, Wand, Saku, Hendo, BJ, Bas, Cain, Mike Vallely

PostSubject: Re: TUF 13 changed to WW only, coaches to be named this week   TUF 13 changed to WW only, coaches to be named this week EmptyTue Jan 11, 2011 1:57 pm

Rich Celmenti and Gleison Tibau
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/v/skCV2L0c6K0
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: TUF 13 changed to WW only, coaches to be named this week   TUF 13 changed to WW only, coaches to be named this week Empty

Back to top Go down

TUF 13 changed to WW only, coaches to be named this week
Page 1 of 1